Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#8778842 - 09/01/16 12:18 PM Anyone gone back to basics?
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Debating if going back to a barebones car like a simple 5 speed hatchback that I don't give a fuck about as primary mode of transportation is a good idea.

Not out of necessity, it's more for "simplification" than anything (not worrying about parking, depreciation, rust, washing it, et). I guess worst case if I don't like it I can always upgrade

what does csi think? (Anyone interested in a clean TL?) \:\|

#8778872 - 09/01/16 12:37 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8778891 - 09/01/16 12:49 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
I never left basic

#8778966 - 09/01/16 01:48 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Drives sought after german sports cars, lol basics.
#8778969 - 09/01/16 01:51 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Risky Business]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

I just went the opposite of basic.
#8778970 - 09/01/16 01:51 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Just get a minivan already.
#8778974 - 09/01/16 01:54 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
but its going to be a clapped out minivan with a hitch
#8778987 - 09/01/16 02:01 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Euphoricuck]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Euphoricuck
I never left basic

This for me. I mean, I'd care a little bit if I got door dinged or whatever, but not enough to do anything about it. It's just a car.

Haven't really had a car that I cared about since the Volvo - it's been pretty great.

#8778991 - 09/01/16 02:03 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: fatso]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
with a little one on the way, are you not "concerned about safety" like most people our age becoming parents

or are you gonna raise the little one pure russian style?

#8779008 - 09/01/16 02:24 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
it would be nice to drive a car that i didn't give two shits about. at the same time it would suck too.

#8779015 - 09/01/16 02:28 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
If I were to do a GO train commute daily, yes I am okay driving a 96 Civic CX Hatchback.

But if I have to spend 1.5 hours in it every day, not a chance

#8779019 - 09/01/16 02:30 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: iamfob]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: iamfob
If I were to do a GO train commute daily, yes I am okay driving a 96 Civic CX Hatchback.

But if I have to spend 1.5 hours in it every day, not a chance

zomg it doesn't even take me 45 mins to get downtown...where in Brampton ARE you?

#8779038 - 09/01/16 02:42 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper
with a little one on the way, are you not "concerned about safety" like most people our age becoming parents

I try not to think about that, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

I don't want to fall into the trap of buying up a false sense of security via car safety tho.

#8779041 - 09/01/16 02:45 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm just going to leave this right here.

this too

#8779061 - 09/01/16 02:55 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Risky Business]
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Sir Risky Business

I don't want to fall into the trap of buying up a false sense of security via car safety tho.

lol i'm not suggesting you get a armoured SUV, but are you not a least bit concerned with a "basic vehicle" from a safety & comfort perspective?

or are you only talking about "your" car, and not the family car??

i don't see you as the type to go stupid buying dumb shit like wipes warmer (which i was told is a waste of money) but I also see you as the type of guy to give your kids a better life than you had. no??

and yes to the Volvo SUV

#8779075 - 09/01/16 03:11 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Since I had the 96 hatch, my daily drivers have all been run of the mill cars. I had a 96 Maxima and then a 06 Mazda3, which I still have. My wife has had a 02 Accord sedan and a 13 Odyssey. No plans to change any of them in the near future.

#8779116 - 09/01/16 04:09 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Euphoricuck]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

I never left basic

#8779158 - 09/01/16 05:19 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: titty sprinkles]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
I'm just going to leave this right here.

this too

New jag looks great only problem is it's a jag

#8779167 - 09/01/16 05:45 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Risky Business]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Debating if going back to a barebones car like a simple 5 speed hatchback that I don't give a fuck about as primary mode of transportation is a good idea.

Not out of necessity, it's more for "simplification" than anything (not worrying about parking, depreciation, rust, washing it, et). I guess worst case if I don't like it I can always upgrade

you don't need to get back to basics you're a 4%er :

Quote:
Earning xxx would put you in the top 4% of white millennial men with an advanced degree.

#8779169 - 09/01/16 05:51 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Just A Troll]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
I did it acouple years ago (I made a post about it) and sold my near mint 03 for 7500 and bought a 06 for 4500 with higher kms and not mint, still good shape.
Fast forward to today. Still driving 06 that is starting to rust and I couldnt care less. I hit a roof shingle left of the highway on my way to a cottage, with the old car it probably would of ruined my day. This car, I pulled over and removed it and kept driving.
Iam loving not caring about my car.

#8779170 - 09/01/16 05:52 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Euphoricuck]
SiZ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Longdon, Ontario
I never left basic

Thats me, really. I've been thinking about going even more basic?! haha, lately I've wanted to sell the subaru and get an EP or an RSX just because I've always wanted one. Real sideways move at best, but I just kinda want one...

I have no advice for risky. Post about back to basics, buys $30,000 car with cash next March. Do whatever.

#8779185 - 09/01/16 06:05 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: SiZ]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
I still have my '03 Civic which will be going to my son soon. No fucks given about the car, last time I washed the car was probably fall of '14. Best of all? No payments since 2005.

#8779202 - 09/01/16 06:20 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Just A Troll]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Just A Troll

you don't need to get back to basics you're a 4%er :

Quote:
Earning xxx would put you in the top 4% of white millennial men with an advanced degree.

It's not about money...and yes I am a 4%'er (how is that relevant?)

#8779206 - 09/01/16 06:26 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

lol i'm not suggesting you get a armoured SUV, but are you not a least bit concerned with a "basic vehicle" from a safety & comfort perspective?

or are you only talking about "your" car, and not the family car??

i don't see you as the type to go stupid buying dumb shit like wipes warmer (which i was told is a waste of money) but I also see you as the type of guy to give your kids a better life than you had. no??

and yes to the Volvo SUV

It's mostly for "my car". I am looking to drive a piece of shit until my company thing gets up off the ground (not for a while). Was thinking of getting my wife something bigger (safety y0) since she will be hauling the kid(s) around.

#8779208 - 09/01/16 06:33 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Cee_mon]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Cee_mon
Still driving 06 that is starting to rust and I couldnt care less. I hit a roof shingle left of the highway on my way to a cottage, with the old car it probably would of ruined my day. This car, I pulled over and removed it and kept driving.

I am all about this life right here.

#8779213 - 09/01/16 06:44 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Risky Business]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Unfortunately, you aren't peasant enough anymore for that.
#8779219 - 09/01/16 06:53 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Just keep the TL and ride it out. In the long run its a cheaper option than selling and changing.

#8779233 - 09/01/16 07:29 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: JEFFOS]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
Fuck that. I loved my civic and got rid of it with almost 500,000 km on it, but I don't miss it at all.
The rattles, squeeking and shit. Fuck that. I even got an auto cuz I can't stand stick anymore

#8779287 - 09/01/16 08:51 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Denis Si]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

i gotta say i do like life with a heated steering wheel....

#8779314 - 09/01/16 09:21 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
i gotta say i do like life with a heated steering wheel....

The new milk's ventilated seats and walk away auto locks are my 2 current favs.

#8779356 - 09/01/16 10:31 PM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Risky Business]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Still driving 06 that is starting to rust and I couldnt care less. I hit a roof shingle left of the highway on my way to a cottage, with the old car it probably would of ruined my day. This car, I pulled over and removed it and kept driving.

Get a suzuki! lol
seriously tho, I live my little Sx4. Its awesome. Sure I can pick up the "bitties" in it but whatever. Its not about that.
I care about it but at the same time I don't. LIke I don't want it written off, but if I get a bump or scrap then whatever, keep on truckin. I load it with whatever shit I need to carry, its great. I do vacuum it tho cuz i hate a dirty interior. But thats no different then leaving clothes on the floor, or dishes in the sink at home. Same shit IMO.
I find that all this big fancy shit is nice for a day, maybe even a week but after that its all the same and I couldn't care any less. Especially if there is a payment involved. I've never bought anything fancy enough to make payments on a car (or anything for that matter other than school) and I think I'd like to keep it that way. Even worse to plunk down cash. Such a shitty decision. $5-$10k isn't life changing, neither is $30k really but it does take much longer to save $30k after-tax than it does $10k.
Back to my suzuki.....$5250 and I hope I can keep it for the next 15yrs! No kids in my near future but if by some chance they get accidentally made, I'm still good lol

#8779455 - 09/02/16 07:34 AM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: JEFFOS]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
Just keep the TL and ride it out. In the long run its a cheaper option than selling and changing.

This is probably the best solution.

I think I will give the TL to the wife and I will drive her car just to get that shitbox life back in my blood.

#8779497 - 09/02/16 08:18 AM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya not to get into the whole "Baby will change your life" thing but best to keep with something reliable and comfortable because you will not have the time or care to deal with car bs.
#8779504 - 09/02/16 08:24 AM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Raocorp]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Raocorp

Get a suzuki! lol
seriously tho, I live my little Sx4. Its awesome. Sure I can pick up the "bitties" in it but whatever. Its not about that.
I care about it but at the same time I don't. LIke I don't want it written off, but if I get a bump or scrap then whatever, keep on truckin. I load it with whatever shit I need to carry, its great. I do vacuum it tho cuz i hate a dirty interior. But thats no different then leaving clothes on the floor, or dishes in the sink at home. Same shit IMO.
I find that all this big fancy shit is nice for a day, maybe even a week but after that its all the same and I couldn't care any less. Especially if there is a payment involved. I've never bought anything fancy enough to make payments on a car (or anything for that matter other than school) and I think I'd like to keep it that way. Even worse to plunk down cash. Such a shitty decision. $5-$10k isn't life changing, neither is $30k really but it does take much longer to save $30k after-tax than it does $10k.
Back to my suzuki.....$5250 and I hope I can keep it for the next 15yrs! No kids in my near future but if by some chance they get accidentally made, I'm still good lol

whoa whoa slow down, he's not wanting to turn all Albanian and shit.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8779513 - 09/02/16 08:32 AM Re: Anyone gone back to basics? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I traded my wrx for a Subaru Outback. Although not ballin, not super basic but I know what you mean. I don't really care to drive anything special on a daily, and I don't track so I have no need for a nice weekend car either. Now water toys I like to spend money on but that's an even deeper money pit.
Page 1 of 8 12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads