Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8852526 - 11/14/16 08:44 PM Anyone know anything about air compressors?
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
it's a craftsman 150psi 1.6hp 30gal oil-less compressor.

mine has been acting up lately. at first i thought there was a crack in the plastic regulator so i bought a princess auto one and replaced it. problem solved i thought, but when the compressor reached 120psi and normally would shut off, it kept going, making the pressure regulator bleed off psi and the motor wouldn't shut off.

did some digging, turns out i need the first unit, the compressor switch. ok cool, but A) sears is gay and i have to order it in B) sears is even more gay and wants to charge me $200 + shipping for it.

the part number of the switch is z-d23361 but turns out it's made by a company called devilbliss and that part number is 5140153-08.

now are all these things the same? i found one that looks like it but with a different part number for just $30, anyone know if that would work?

this is the actual one

and this is the cheaper one

And this is the pos that's causing me grey hair. i don't want to get rid of it because it's a big tank and anything near that size is over $400. plus this one is still good imo.

#8852586 - 11/14/16 09:39 PM Re: Anyone know anything about air compressors? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Simon_the_Pieman Online   pedobearsmiley
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
sticker on side is same. its $30 try it!

#8852640 - 11/14/16 11:19 PM Re: Anyone know anything about air compressors? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
The cheaper one is rated 105/135psi.
Perhaps not sufficient enough for your 150psi tank?
The original one says 120/150psi

I just got this guy last week.
80psi max lol.

Came with a "broken" airbrush that I fixed in 30 min by cleaning.

The set costs $600 new. Got it for free

#8852730 - 11/15/16 05:54 AM Re: Anyone know anything about air compressors? [Re: porschetr]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Those compressor regulators/switches are pretty much all generic and universal as long as you match the opening so your take (or use a reducer etc) you can use anything as long as it's rated for the same psi your original one was. Some are adjustable for cut off psi as well. If you open the cover you should see the adjustable spring.
#8853309 - 11/15/16 03:23 PM Re: Anyone know anything about air compressors? [Re: loudsubz]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

^wait wut? the lower psi switch does have the same size thread to thread onto the tank if that's what you mean? if that's the case then the 105 psi switch would work no? after all, aside from the switch and the regulator after the switch it's pretty much just a tank...right? lol

#8853469 - 11/15/16 05:59 PM Re: Anyone know anything about air compressors? [Re: titty sprinkles]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

The switches are pretty much interchangeable just get the correct psi regulated or an adjustable one.

It's the same idea for jet pumps for rural and cottages, they have s regulator to shut off when the correct psi is reached and you can buy those at any store

#8853470 - 11/15/16 06:00 PM Re: Anyone know anything about air compressors? [Re: porschetr]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr
The cheaper one is rated 105/135psi.
Perhaps not sufficient enough for your 150psi tank?
The original one says 120/150psi

I just got this guy last week.
80psi max lol.

Came with a "broken" airbrush that I fixed in 30 min by cleaning.

The set costs $600 new. Got it for free

That's completely different and hasn't 1 purpose (air brush)

#8853480 - 11/15/16 06:10 PM Re: Anyone know anything about air compressors? [Re: loudsubz]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: loudsubz
The switches are pretty much interchangeable just get the correct psi regulated or an adjustable one.

It's the same idea for jet pumps for rural and cottages, they have s regulator to shut off when the correct psi is reached and you can buy those at any store

oh ok cool, so if i match that switch with a 120 psi regulator it should be ok? thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads