Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 12:18 PM
Anyone gone back to basics?

Debating if going back to a barebones car like a simple 5 speed hatchback that I don't give a fuck about as primary mode of transportation is a good idea.

Not out of necessity, it's more for "simplification" than anything (not worrying about parking, depreciation, rust, washing it, et). I guess worst case if I don't like it I can always upgrade

what does csi think? (Anyone interested in a clean TL?) \:\|

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 12:37 PM
Re: Anyone gone back to basics?

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 12:49 PM

I never left basic

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 01:48 PM

Drives sought after german sports cars, lol basics.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/01/16 01:51 PM

I just went the opposite of basic.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 01:51 PM

Just get a minivan already.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 01:54 PM

but its going to be a clapped out minivan with a hitch

fatso
(Post Master)
09/01/16 02:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Euphoricuck
I never left basic

This for me. I mean, I'd care a little bit if I got door dinged or whatever, but not enough to do anything about it. It's just a car.

Haven't really had a car that I cared about since the Volvo - it's been pretty great.

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 02:03 PM

with a little one on the way, are you not "concerned about safety" like most people our age becoming parents

or are you gonna raise the little one pure russian style?

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 02:24 PM

it would be nice to drive a car that i didn't give two shits about. at the same time it would suck too.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 02:28 PM

If I were to do a GO train commute daily, yes I am okay driving a 96 Civic CX Hatchback.

But if I have to spend 1.5 hours in it every day, not a chance

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: iamfob
If I were to do a GO train commute daily, yes I am okay driving a 96 Civic CX Hatchback.

But if I have to spend 1.5 hours in it every day, not a chance

zomg it doesn't even take me 45 mins to get downtown...where in Brampton ARE you?

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper
with a little one on the way, are you not "concerned about safety" like most people our age becoming parents

I try not to think about that, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned.

I don't want to fall into the trap of buying up a false sense of security via car safety tho.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 02:45 PM

I'm just going to leave this right here.

this too

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Sir Risky Business

I don't want to fall into the trap of buying up a false sense of security via car safety tho.

lol i'm not suggesting you get a armoured SUV, but are you not a least bit concerned with a "basic vehicle" from a safety & comfort perspective?

or are you only talking about "your" car, and not the family car??

i don't see you as the type to go stupid buying dumb shit like wipes warmer (which i was told is a waste of money) but I also see you as the type of guy to give your kids a better life than you had. no??

and yes to the Volvo SUV

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
09/01/16 03:11 PM

Since I had the 96 hatch, my daily drivers have all been run of the mill cars. I had a 96 Maxima and then a 06 Mazda3, which I still have. My wife has had a 02 Accord sedan and a 13 Odyssey. No plans to change any of them in the near future.

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/01/16 04:09 PM

I never left basic

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
I'm just going to leave this right here.

this too

New jag looks great only problem is it's a jag

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
09/01/16 05:45 PM

Debating if going back to a barebones car like a simple 5 speed hatchback that I don't give a fuck about as primary mode of transportation is a good idea.

Not out of necessity, it's more for "simplification" than anything (not worrying about parking, depreciation, rust, washing it, et). I guess worst case if I don't like it I can always upgrade

you don't need to get back to basics you're a 4%er :

Quote:
Earning xxx would put you in the top 4% of white millennial men with an advanced degree.

Cee_mon
(Post Master Sr)
09/01/16 05:51 PM

I did it acouple years ago (I made a post about it) and sold my near mint 03 for 7500 and bought a 06 for 4500 with higher kms and not mint, still good shape.
Fast forward to today. Still driving 06 that is starting to rust and I couldnt care less. I hit a roof shingle left of the highway on my way to a cottage, with the old car it probably would of ruined my day. This car, I pulled over and removed it and kept driving.
Iam loving not caring about my car.

SiZ
(Post Master Sr)
09/01/16 05:52 PM

I never left basic

Thats me, really. I've been thinking about going even more basic?! haha, lately I've wanted to sell the subaru and get an EP or an RSX just because I've always wanted one. Real sideways move at best, but I just kinda want one...

I have no advice for risky. Post about back to basics, buys $30,000 car with cash next March. Do whatever.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 06:05 PM

I still have my '03 Civic which will be going to my son soon. No fucks given about the car, last time I washed the car was probably fall of '14. Best of all? No payments since 2005.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Just A Troll

you don't need to get back to basics you're a 4%er :

Quote:
Earning xxx would put you in the top 4% of white millennial men with an advanced degree.

It's not about money...and yes I am a 4%'er (how is that relevant?)

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 06:26 PM

lol i'm not suggesting you get a armoured SUV, but are you not a least bit concerned with a "basic vehicle" from a safety & comfort perspective?

or are you only talking about "your" car, and not the family car??

i don't see you as the type to go stupid buying dumb shit like wipes warmer (which i was told is a waste of money) but I also see you as the type of guy to give your kids a better life than you had. no??

and yes to the Volvo SUV

It's mostly for "my car". I am looking to drive a piece of shit until my company thing gets up off the ground (not for a while). Was thinking of getting my wife something bigger (safety y0) since she will be hauling the kid(s) around.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Cee_mon
Still driving 06 that is starting to rust and I couldnt care less. I hit a roof shingle left of the highway on my way to a cottage, with the old car it probably would of ruined my day. This car, I pulled over and removed it and kept driving.

I am all about this life right here.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 06:44 PM

Unfortunately, you aren't peasant enough anymore for that.

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 06:53 PM

Just keep the TL and ride it out. In the long run its a cheaper option than selling and changing.

Denis Si
(Post Master)
09/01/16 07:29 PM

Fuck that. I loved my civic and got rid of it with almost 500,000 km on it, but I don't miss it at all.
The rattles, squeeking and shit. Fuck that. I even got an auto cuz I can't stand stick anymore

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/01/16 08:51 PM

i gotta say i do like life with a heated steering wheel....

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/01/16 09:21 PM

i gotta say i do like life with a heated steering wheel....

The new milk's ventilated seats and walk away auto locks are my 2 current favs.

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
09/01/16 10:31 PM

Still driving 06 that is starting to rust and I couldnt care less. I hit a roof shingle left of the highway on my way to a cottage, with the old car it probably would of ruined my day. This car, I pulled over and removed it and kept driving.

Get a suzuki! lol
seriously tho, I live my little Sx4. Its awesome. Sure I can pick up the "bitties" in it but whatever. Its not about that.
I care about it but at the same time I don't. LIke I don't want it written off, but if I get a bump or scrap then whatever, keep on truckin. I load it with whatever shit I need to carry, its great. I do vacuum it tho cuz i hate a dirty interior. But thats no different then leaving clothes on the floor, or dishes in the sink at home. Same shit IMO.
I find that all this big fancy shit is nice for a day, maybe even a week but after that its all the same and I couldn't care any less. Especially if there is a payment involved. I've never bought anything fancy enough to make payments on a car (or anything for that matter other than school) and I think I'd like to keep it that way. Even worse to plunk down cash. Such a shitty decision. $5-$10k isn't life changing, neither is $30k really but it does take much longer to save $30k after-tax than it does $10k.
Back to my suzuki.....$5250 and I hope I can keep it for the next 15yrs! No kids in my near future but if by some chance they get accidentally made, I'm still good lol

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
Just keep the TL and ride it out. In the long run its a cheaper option than selling and changing.

This is probably the best solution.

I think I will give the TL to the wife and I will drive her car just to get that shitbox life back in my blood.

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 08:18 AM

Ya not to get into the whole "Baby will change your life" thing but best to keep with something reliable and comfortable because you will not have the time or care to deal with car bs.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Raocorp

Get a suzuki! lol
seriously tho, I live my little Sx4. Its awesome. Sure I can pick up the "bitties" in it but whatever. Its not about that.
I care about it but at the same time I don't. LIke I don't want it written off, but if I get a bump or scrap then whatever, keep on truckin. I load it with whatever shit I need to carry, its great. I do vacuum it tho cuz i hate a dirty interior. But thats no different then leaving clothes on the floor, or dishes in the sink at home. Same shit IMO.
I find that all this big fancy shit is nice for a day, maybe even a week but after that its all the same and I couldn't care any less. Especially if there is a payment involved. I've never bought anything fancy enough to make payments on a car (or anything for that matter other than school) and I think I'd like to keep it that way. Even worse to plunk down cash. Such a shitty decision. $5-$10k isn't life changing, neither is $30k really but it does take much longer to save $30k after-tax than it does $10k.
Back to my suzuki.....$5250 and I hope I can keep it for the next 15yrs! No kids in my near future but if by some chance they get accidentally made, I'm still good lol

whoa whoa slow down, he's not wanting to turn all Albanian and shit.

loudsubz
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 08:32 AM

I traded my wrx for a Subaru Outback. Although not ballin, not super basic but I know what you mean. I don't really care to drive anything special on a daily, and I don't track so I have no need for a nice weekend car either. Now water toys I like to spend money on but that's an even deeper money pit.

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 09:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Ya not to get into the whole "Baby will change your life" thing but best to keep with something reliable and comfortable because you will not have the time or care to deal with car bs.

+1

i thought i'd drive the camry to the ground when little guy was born...it got hit, started making noises, CEL, trunk was too small, no LATCH...- so bye bye...

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/02/16 09:28 AM

This would make sense if your car was worth a pretty penny, and you were downgrading to something substantially cheaper, more reliable, less running costs etc etc.

However, comparing a TL to say, a matrix, a fit, a corolla, a civic of any generation is going to be very similar--with the exception of fuel mileage. In your situation, it may not make a lot of sense to do this unless you are seeking a different format of automobile (ie: sedan vs van). Whiiiiiiiich I don't think you are doing either.

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
09/02/16 10:12 AM

After getting creamed by an SUV when my little girl was in the car (we were stopped in traffic, she was travelling at 60 and getting something out of the back seat), this is as basic as I go. My back and neck were messed up for 9 months after the accident.

Cloth seats, but lots of adjustments. Supercrew, so it has tons of room. I can tow my track vehicle with it, and it's my DD. Also, 5 litre, so it's easy for me to work on.

Also, I don't care if it gets dented. Big deal. If I get rear-ended again by that woman, she'll come out worse than me.

[/URL]

1300cc_Rocket
(Post Master Jr)
09/02/16 01:12 PM

The Matrix is a great car for what you're describing, Probably worth 3-5Grand anyways. Don't see it being worth the hassle when you have the Matrix already. Fuck 5speed, especially in a newer car. GTA traffic has become re-tart-ed, save your legs for something else.

The question is can you handle handing the TL over to the wife and all that will go with it like door dings, curbed wheels and underground concrete beam scrapes?

I wish I got something cheaper and older with Automatic, Maybe a Suzuki, or Elantra Touring or some shit like that. No regrets on the 4 door though. Never again would I buy something with 2 doors and a non hatchback.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 01:15 PM

+1 for never left basic.

keep the TL, pull the coils.

just seen the acura2000 owner picked up a 98-01 CW type-r all original, local car, garaged tons, 18,000 km's on it. it's in the showroom now after a full detail inside and out. ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu. ran him $28.5k i believe, will prob stay in the dealer showroom 99% of the time now.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 03:02 PM

if someone plows the back of your truck at 60, your back and neck will still be fucked for 9 months.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 03:04 PM

^pfft my kid couldn't even tell the difference after i lowered the car lol.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 03:12 PM

<3 CSI ON

Lots of great points here...

Been driving the matrix for two days straight and i am in paradise, fully at peace with life \:D

Having said that i do worry that the TL will get dinged to shit if my wife drove it and I "think" i am ok with it, but i am not really sure. It's not an expensive car, but for the 3 years i've owned it i babied it and it shows. Don't want it to go to shit either. \:\|

TheRealCSnapper
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 03:19 PM

you won't be okay with it

let's be offline friends and i'll just smoke you til you stop caring \:D

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 03:20 PM

has the matrix gone to shit while shes driven it?

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 03:28 PM

Not really aside from hitting some of our recycling bins when backing up and stuff \:\)

The issue with the TL is that it's a huge car, the footprint of it is as big as a toyota highlander and it has really shitty steering radius so it's a bitch to park, even for me.

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 03:36 PM

keep the TL - at least you know it's in good shape; buying a POS will mean time taken to fix it to get it back into ok shape to drive.

if your commute is long and shit, you need *some* creature comforts to make the commute less miserable.

since my commute on most week days is to and fro the GO station, i would settle for a POS like the fobster suggests, but since i have to bus the kids around on weekends and drive downtown (1.5 hr. door to door) - need something w/ creature comforts to make it more bearable.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/02/16 03:40 PM

also risky, the TL is the same size as my car or the TSX i had, and it's PLENTY of room for a kid, safe, and the car still looks good and you kept good care of it. run it into the ground then get something new.

spnx
(Post Master Sr)
09/02/16 04:46 PM

if someone plows the back of your truck at 60, your back and neck will still be fucked for 9 months.

She would go under it, with her Lexus SUV.

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/02/16 04:46 PM

Keep the TL for you & find something similar for the wife. This would be the perfect time for a Venza. The only reason why I say that is that it's easier on the day to day life lifting a kid in and out of something slightly higher, but is reliable & still an appliance. Or even a Honda CRV...basic, but just slightly higher off the ground.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/02/16 07:55 PM

Where's Hatorade? He always gives the most honest and no holds barred advice lol.

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/03/16 07:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Dumbass
Where's Hatorade? He always gives the most honest and no holds barred advice lol.

He drives a Mazda 2 as a daily and has a garage ornament; while relying on the wifey's Volt as the kid hauler.

He will probably go against the grain and chalk in one vote for the back to basics camp. \:D

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/03/16 11:56 AM

Lmao

Love having the Mazda. But if it was my only car... Fuck no lol. I would want a wagon of some sort but with some nice creature comforts and decent power.

I do think about selling the M3 from time to time since it's rarely driven, but once I'm behind the wheel I remember why I have it lol.

I don't worry much about the Mazda, I have a door ding and some minor scrapes from day to day use. However I'm ocd with the M3 and worry about it when it's parked at malls lol. Best car I've ever owned was the '98 civic. Literally didn't give a shit and never worried about it.

xza8
(Sr Member)
09/03/16 07:07 PM

Can't wait to ditch the Benzes and get the '17 Odyssey or '18 Sienna, depending who makes the nicer interior since I've been told from someone owning the '16 Touring that it'll be a huge downgrade.

There's barely any room in the ML for our family of 3 and a full-size stroller. The stroller takes up a good chunk of the cargo room leaving room for maybe 2-3 bags of groceries. Fuck playing tetris in the parking lot. The car seat is in the middle so cannot fold the 60 section and folding the 40 section is a tight squeeze with car seats so big nowadays.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/03/16 08:27 PM

Pacifica > pos odyssey and sienna

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/04/16 07:20 AM

Originally Posted By: xza8
Can't wait to ditch the Benzes and get the '17 Odyssey or '18 Sienna, depending who makes the nicer interior since I've been told from someone owning the '16 Touring that it'll be a huge downgrade.

There's barely any room in the ML for our family of 3 and a full-size stroller. The stroller takes up a good chunk of the cargo room leaving room for maybe 2-3 bags of groceries. Fuck playing tetris in the parking lot. The car seat is in the middle so cannot fold the 60 section and folding the 40 section is a tight squeeze with car seats so big nowadays.

I see the GLE in your future....

OracerO
(Post Master Sr)
09/05/16 07:59 PM

Having been driving shit boxes for the past 5 years and not owning a car after my integra (sold in 07).

After getting this Audi, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang do i enjoy driving again.

As for the concern about the wife and new born, have you tried exploring Mazda CX5? (was looking into this as a cheapo car)

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/06/16 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck

^ not sure if srs...

Isn't the GLE the new ML?

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/06/16 09:27 AM

Risky, I see Humvees on trader for around 30k.
U want everyone who crashes into your family to die, that is your answer.
Plus, it's gangster.

Plus, it's also basic \:D
Plus, perfect winter duty car.
Plus, it's diesel and i'm sure it can get 15l/100 XD XD XD

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
09/06/16 10:01 AM

The issue with the TL is that it's a huge car, the footprint of it is as big as a toyota highlander and it has really shitty steering radius so it's a bitch to park, even for me.

Bullshit. Your generation of TL is shorter than the previous and shorter that its sucessor.

It's actually shorter than an Accord of the same model year.

Reason you think it's big? Because you had to add 2ft to your garage that was probably sized for a mini. LOL

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/06/16 12:23 PM

The TL is longer than the 2008-2013 Highlander.
The TL is also a lot bigger than your "SUV" RDX lulz

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/06/16 12:42 PM

His ML63 now is what the new GLE is...which doesn't have room for him or do you not understand the English language?

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/06/16 01:21 PM

FFS, obviously I mean GLS. Its not my fault you didn't understand my unclear answer

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/06/16 02:18 PM

LOL

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
09/08/16 01:16 PM

I guess 2cm is a really big thing when you have to add 2ft to your garage. ROFL.

I still think the whole size thing as justification for "back to basics" is a lame excuse.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/08/16 02:50 PM

FWIW my brother and I decided on a car for my mom (i think)

2016 lexus NX200t F-sport. online price is 48k which is pretty decently priced for a "suv" with a butt ton of options.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/08/16 02:52 PM

I guess 2cm is a really big thing when you have to add 2ft to your garage. ROFL.

I still think the whole size thing as justification for "back to basics" is a lame excuse.

have you ever thought about usable space inside?

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/08/16 04:03 PM

Wife looked at the NX, but even she thought it was cramped inside.

No RDX option? I really like mine, even more the the TLX lol.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/08/16 04:13 PM

barked up the RDX tree, but it's too big. this is just slightly smaller, but we will see, she still needs to test drive it. friggin lexus is closed on the weekend, isn't that when they sell the most cars?

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
09/08/16 04:20 PM

Porsche macan S or Turbo

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/08/16 04:43 PM

MDX!

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
09/08/16 05:28 PM

Jag

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/08/16 06:05 PM

yugo

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
09/08/16 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Hatorade

Love having the Mazda. But if it was my only car... Fuck no lol. I would want a wagon of some sort but with some nice creature comforts and decent power.

I do think about selling the M3 from time to time since it's rarely driven, but once I'm behind the wheel I remember why I have it lol.

I don't worry much about the Mazda, I have a door ding and some minor scrapes from day to day use. However I'm ocd with the M3 and worry about it when it's parked at malls lol. Best car I've ever owned was the '98 civic. Literally didn't give a shit and never worried about it.

There is definitely value in having a "beater but not a beater" kind of car. Perhaps thats why I like my Suzuki so much. Its exactly that, and I have the Mini too for fun. If I didn't have the Mini then perhaps I wouldn't enjoy the Suzuki as much as I do. I love it tho and im really looking forward to some snow this winter. AWD plus beefie snowtires = getting to work on time.....wait

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/08/16 08:32 PM

^someone change this guy's name to david.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/08/16 08:52 PM

So where are all the pics of these back to basic whips?

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/08/16 09:46 PM

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/08/16 10:48 PM

+1 on having a beater that isnt a beater

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/08/16 11:30 PM

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
09/09/16 09:59 AM

Then it's about the useability of the TL, not "But the TL is a really big car that's a bitch to park because of the turning radius." That's a lame excuse!

That's where Risky isn't being honest. He should really tell us what's really going on:

1 - Need an SUV or Minivan for the wife since a kid is on the way
2 - Need a shitbox to drive to work since I can't afford 2 new cars.

That's what I think is really going.

"Back to basics".. pffftt! Only mid life crisis guys buying old British roadsters use the "back to basics" justification for those cars.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/09/16 10:21 AM

That's where Risky isn't being honest. He should really tell us what's really going on:

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/09/16 03:22 PM

Then it's about the useability of the TL, not "But the TL is a really big car that's a bitch to park because of the turning radius." That's a lame excuse!

1 - Need an SUV or Minivan for the wife since a kid is on the way

"Back to basics".. pffftt! Only mid life crisis guys buying old British roadsters use the "back to basics" justification for those cars.

who cares about the reasoning why he wants to change the TL. for all that matters he could not like they way a side mirror looks like it's his problem why he wants to get rid of it, you're just acting like a nosy woman and want to get into his personal details or his pants. let's face it, it doesn't take much money to go lease two brand new cars tomorrow.

it's obvious that risky takes good care of the TL, and what he's asking is what kind of car he should get to not give a fuck about. try to keep up.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/09/16 04:59 PM

Keep the Matrix as a daily beater and sell/trade the TL in for a smaller car or cute-ute. Even a cheaper Civic or Tucson comes with all sorts of safety tech, cameras and sensors.

If I had a kid along with the wife, Id want them driving something reliable and safe regardless if she might bang it up or mistreat it. You never know, the safety tech and gear might make her a safer driver. My wife loves all the tech gear in her MDX.

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/09/16 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: 4age

+1 on having a beater that isnt a beater

Nice (auto or manual?) - was looking for one of those to replace the 5 series, but ended up with one of these (pic is not of my car but mine looks exactly like that one - including the rims)

xza8
(Sr Member)
09/12/16 07:59 AM

4age, is that photo from East York?

Those bungalows and a 2 story remind me of my teardown and rebuild a few years ago.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/12/16 08:03 AM

Those bungalows and a 2 story remind me of my teardown and rebuild a few years ago.
cool story bro

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/12/16 08:49 AM

Dennis you bought the old X1? Did you test drive them back to back, the new one is so much better

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/12/16 09:36 AM

Been thinking about getting an element or Mazda5...

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/12/16 10:13 AM

Good guess actually. No, this is north york though.
You must've made a killing on your tear down!

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 03:38 AM

Dennis you bought the old X1? Did you test drive them back to back, the new one is so much better

Wasn't interested in getting anything new. The 5 was dying and was more into dumping it.

This one still have 1 year original warranty and 2 year CPO.

Drove this one and I liked it. Though the new one looks nice

New one only comes with 28i. Mine is a 35i.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 10:14 AM

I tried to go back to basics, hoping to get a Jetta or something for a rental this weekend.

Ended up in a CLA250 4Matic.

What a turd.

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 10:34 AM

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 11:28 AM

Always wondered why ppl put the baby on board sign.

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 11:35 AM

So others can hit the cars without the signs. \:D

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 11:42 AM

you know... show off to the world you have a kid...

WTF

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 11:48 AM

Fitting lulz

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 11:49 AM

Always thought of them as gimmicky false sense of security type things \:D

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 11:55 AM

I once hit a car with a Baby on Board sign.

The baby was not on board.

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 12:17 PM

everyone is entitled to an opinion.

even wrong ones.

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Q-Bert
I once hit a car with a Baby on Board sign.

The baby was not on board.

but you got the point right?

xza8
(Sr Member)
09/13/16 01:12 PM

I had one, then had the same thought as you so I took it off, then more assholes started to tail me, including cops, going at the speed limit on the right lane. When the kid is sleeping in the car, I take my time going to my destination... if I arrive earlier, I would just idle in the parking lot until he wakes up from his nap. I'm going to buy another sign hopefully people would back off.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: f22b-dohc

even wrong ones.

TIL baby on board signs are the pinnacle of automotive safety and responsible parenting (without any quantifiable data lol) preach on

Big Tasty
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 02:01 PM

This will be Risky's minivan soon enough. \:D

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 02:08 PM

even wrong ones.

TIL baby on board signs are the pinnacle of automotive safety and responsible parenting (without any quantifiable data lol) preach on

not preaching \:D

its not about safety not responsibility ...its about priority if there was an emergency.
i don't give a shit about me if...

for fuk sakes; you can use the word pinnacle but cannot see that?

you have an unborn baby. i will leave it at that. \:D

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/13/16 02:57 PM

you don't need data to have a preference.
why u gotta be like dat

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 03:00 PM

A range rover pulled up next to me the other day in markham and riced off the light. that had a baby on board sign.

much basic

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 03:37 PM

Someone gotta do it

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 04:11 PM

Baby on board sign. Driving like a pylon. Much safety wow

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/13/16 04:31 PM

much basic

Dat grill doe

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 05:16 PM

lol sell it buy a bmw

Denis Si
(Post Master)
09/13/16 06:09 PM

Fuck that's a clean ass tl

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 06:44 PM

It's basically a TSX tho.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/13/16 08:36 PM

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 08:47 AM

it actually says go fuck yourself

only if you know the story of what i had to go through with my son 10 months in...i don't ever want to wish that on anyone having a kid. its 1 less thing for me out of a million things that can happen.

whose the fucking asshole now?

xza8
(Sr Member)
09/14/16 08:50 AM

only if you know the story of what i had to go through with my son 10 months in...i don't ever want to wish that on anyone having a kid. its 1 less thing for me out of a million things that can happen.

Vas, I'm going to buy some baby on board signs, do you want 1?

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/14/16 08:54 AM

It's so that first responders know that there's a child on-board that could be in danger should you not be able to speak.

A bad accident, baby tossed from the vehicle or simply which cars to check first in case of priority in a multiple car emergency.....flooding, multiple car pile up etc

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 08:57 AM

thanks. lets keep going.

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:03 AM

Baby Lives Matter?

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Wildout

It's so that first responders know that there's a child on-board that could be in danger should you not be able to speak.

A bad accident, baby tossed from the vehicle or simply which cars to check first in case of priority in a multiple car emergency.....flooding, multiple car pile up etc

Good to know.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:04 AM

only if you know the story of what i had to go through with my son 10 months in...i don't ever want to wish that on anyone having a kid.

?

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:08 AM

only if you know the story of what i had to go through with my son 10 months in...i don't ever want to wish that on anyone having a kid.

?

and this is where i leave it.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:12 AM

?

and this is where i leave it.

So why even mention it if you won't share, you just wanted some more attention?

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/14/16 09:15 AM

Good to know.

there's no data to back this up tho. how is this good to know? so anecdotal much real

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:18 AM

Good to know.

there's no data to back this up tho. how is this good to know? so anecdotal much real

Logic > Butthurt vaguebooking

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:22 AM

i just have it on - geez

it makes me feel better and i hate decals, stickers of any sort

its my preference. cost 3 bucks. you dont have one. no care.

you think its dumb, ok, but i certainly have my personal reasons. - i hate attaching and re-attaching so i leave it (probably defeats the purpose - but the kid is in the car 90% of the time when im driving)

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:30 AM

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:41 AM

I didn't say it's dumb...but ok.

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 09:47 AM

sent you a love letter

xza8
(Sr Member)
09/14/16 10:17 AM

thanks. lets keep going.

I am serious, I am going to buy some to replace the ones I threw out.

I take my son's safety very serious, that is why he is in the middle back seat and the passengers (mom) is squished in the outboard seat.

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/14/16 10:50 AM

Good to know.

Data? LOL, that's like saying water is wet. No study needs to be done lol

I had the same questions, so I asked my paramedic friends & firefighter buddy.

Here's the problem though, when the child isn't in the car you're suppose to remove them from the window which most people don't.

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/14/16 11:32 AM

Good to know.

Here's the problem though, when the child isn't in the car you're suppose to remove them from the window which most people don't.

bra i am just spewing the same stuff that vas types XD
he was saying baby on board stuff is useless, and everyone's perspective on it is invalid because of a lack of data....then he later on says "good point" to some claims. sooo where is the data to back up those claims for vas to accept it doe hmm?

i personally do not care, and have no beef in this discussion. i do not have a baby. suckerrrrrrrrrs XD

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 12:28 PM

thanks. lets keep going.

I am serious, I am going to buy some to replace the ones I threw out.

I take my son's safety very serious, that is why he is in the middle back seat and the passengers (mom) is squished in the outboard seat.

I take my daughters safety very serious as well...but shit this is like next level helicopter parenting.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 12:28 PM

Good to know.

he was saying baby on board stuff is useless, and everyone's perspective on it is invalid because of a lack of data....then he later on says "good point" to some claims. sooo where is the data to back up those claims for vas to accept it doe hmm?

i personally do not care, and have no beef in this discussion. i do not have a baby. suckerrrrrrrrrs XD

No baby needed as you are the child in your relationship XD XD XD

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 12:38 PM

LMAO

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 12:44 PM

XD

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 12:58 PM

Lulz at baby on board signs. All it means is parents driving like idiots because junior is in the car, pass at first opportunity

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 01:03 PM

yup that's what I means to me too and it's usually the case.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 01:16 PM

exactly my point above.

So many of these mouth breathers become giant hazards on the rd. omg baby in car . Lets do 80km/h on the 401 in the middle lane.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 01:30 PM

Waits for Risky's baby on board sign on TL (at wife's insistence)

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/14/16 01:38 PM

Waits for Risky's baby on board sign on TL (at wife's insistence)

HAHAHAHA it's going to happen

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/14/16 01:49 PM

Good to know.

Ahh lol, I completely missed the subtle dig haha

I think the worst part of it all is that the same parents will buy the sticker, best car seat & bigger vehicle to go with said car seat, but the things that have actual data to back them up like reading to your child each night, having proper meals at the right time with the child, being active WITH your child, not just throwing them in endless activities, etc etc are the same very thing they WON'T do.

Good to know.

No baby needed as you are the child in your relationship XD XD XD

BWHAHAHAHA, the XD XD XD on the end slayed me lol

Senor Eduardo_82
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 01:59 PM

The fact that Risky's avatar hasn't been changed by the mods yet disappoints me greatly.

CIVIC dude
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 03:51 PM

The fact that Risky's avatar hasn't been changed by the mods yet disappoints me greatly.

Wish granted

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/14/16 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: CIVIC dude

Wish granted

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/14/16 04:29 PM

LMAO at avatar change...

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/15/16 08:10 AM

fuck

fatso
(Post Master)
09/15/16 08:37 AM

fuck

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
09/15/16 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: CIVIC dude

Wish granted

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/15/16 09:02 AM

my signage >>> your signage

Raocorp
(Post Master Sr)
09/15/16 05:53 PM

I wanted an element but damn they are big money.
and damn, did this thread really get derailed fast

JEFFOS
(Post Master Supreme)
09/15/16 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Raocorp

I wanted an element but damn they are big money.
and damn, did this thread really get derailed fast

The Mazda 5 SUV looks nice for the type of car it is

Edit mx5

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/15/16 11:20 PM

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/15/16 11:53 PM

That is awesome. My daughter would love it lol

SuPeR-MaRiO
(Post Master Sr)
09/16/16 08:54 AM

Saw this one this morning

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/16/16 09:03 AM

<------ damn you mods

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/16/16 09:06 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOL

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/16/16 02:24 PM

lmfao!

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/17/16 02:18 PM

LMAO

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/18/16 08:22 PM

Wife commutes from the Hammer to St Kitts/Welland and needed some "basic" transportation.

Denis Si
(Post Master)
09/18/16 09:23 PM

DAMN!!! THAT IS NICE

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/18/16 09:24 PM

Could use a larger grill and emblem...

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/19/16 06:24 AM

Front end is a shitshow.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/19/16 03:11 PM

EW IT'S SO UGLY!

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/19/16 03:56 PM

I love it!

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
09/19/16 06:01 PM

If only Honda had the MDX interior inside the new Pilot. I like that front end more

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/19/16 09:12 PM

yeah um...tell that to lexus and audi!

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/19/16 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

yeah um...tell that to lexus and audi!

Right, I forgot the asians are only good at copying lol

Denis Si
(Post Master)
09/20/16 06:21 AM

DAT grille looks so much better than whatever shit Acura had before.

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 06:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Dumbass
Wife commutes from the Hammer to St Kitts/Welland and needed some "basic" transportation.

that's a nice car. but not the kind of car I'd take for hwy 20 commute to st. kitts / welland

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 06:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Denis Si
DAT grille looks so much better than whatever shit Acura had before.

wat, the mdx looked decent before, now this new front end is all kinds of fucked up and disproportionate.

nice

wtf is this? might grow on me, but as of right now

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 07:01 AM

That superman grill is so amazing. And that hammer head shaped shelf on the bumper is great too. Those details, so amazing Honda.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 07:02 AM

hammerhead shelf

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/20/16 08:42 AM

LOL @ hammerhead.
The other problem is the front end is so tall and blunt - totally reminds me of the nose of a mac truck or something.

Car's didn't used to have such ugly silhouettes. No amount of superman grille, hammerhead bench etc will fix that. Yuck.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 10:16 AM

I am still waiting for Acura to go back to making good looking car. Risky, you need to keep your TL because you won't find another Acura that good looking.

I was driving on 427 South on Saturday evening. I saw a 1990-1991 Toyota Corolla in front of me, a 2016 Toyota Corolla drove beside the old Corolla. JFC the old Corolla is like a Mini compare to the current gen Corolla.

Cars are getting so big nowaday, it's cray.

Eventually the Civic will be considered a full size car if it gets bigger every generation.

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 10:48 AM

that big ass A badge reminds me of the old MB SEC coupes (and to a slight extend the early 2000 SL) with the big ass badge.

Acura should also make a cheesy indiglo version too so people can flaunt it and say hey, i'm driving an acura! lol.

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k

Acura should also make a cheesy indiglo version too so people can flaunt it and say hey, i'm driving an acura! lol.

Shuduppp! I had one of those \:D

hyper-s2k
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 12:41 PM

Ricer! At least the badge size back then was reasonable... i was referring to these beauties as of late:

http://blog.caranddriver.com/mercedes-be...d-star-emblems/

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 02:46 PM

so you did have one! lololol

and you guys are all fucked. the last gen mdx and this one look great. maybe you guys need to get your bmw spectacles checked. have you guys seen the benz trucks? that's barftastic. *iswearwehadthisargumentbefore*

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 02:54 PM

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/20/16 08:30 PM

LULZ

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 04:33 AM

I actually test drove one of those and liked it. Too much of a waitlist for me doe.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 06:32 AM

Middle class basics

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/21/16 07:38 AM

Okok all of them suv not offroader things are nasty.
Doesnt matter who makes them. To Acuras credit, they never had a good looking suv. Par for course then i guess XD

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/21/16 08:16 AM

I love it. Give it the Jeffros treatment and it'll be ballin.

I think it just has to grow on a lot of people...

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 08:54 AM

Doesnt matter who makes them. To Acuras credit, they never had a good looking suv. Par for course then i guess XD

Obviously no kids yet, then you'll be shopping for Venzas with the rest of us

4age
(Post Master Sr)
09/21/16 09:00 AM

Weird statement is weird.
I drive a wagon and you know it :P
I have kid ready transportation...for my 2 wheeled kids.

I would not buy an SUV unless I go offroading - and if I did, it'd be a real SUV. Not some MDX. There is a short list of real trucks... FJ of any vintage, wrangler, 4runner......aaaaaaaaaaaaand that's about it. Count out Land Rovers 'cause they aren't reliable dailys \:\)

If I needed to tow, I'd get a diesel wagon. BMW makes a nice looking one \:D

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 09:05 AM

While pulling 100k boat with 70k german SUV to million dollar cottage.

"the rest of us" he says lololol

Wildout
(Post Master Jr)
09/21/16 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/21/16 09:40 AM

lulz in this thread.

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 02:30 PM

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 02:38 PM

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 02:51 PM

Ain't no 100k boat or 70k SUV bruh.

Good try doe, wheel and come again

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 03:12 PM

whoever is at the helm of Nissan's design re. latest releases needs to be deaded like now. cars have weird shape, front end over the top nose and the SUV/CUV...the rear end on them is just hooorrrriiidd.

vas, do it up brah...9,995 starting L E L
http://www.nissan.ca/en/cars/micra?next=header.vehicles.postcard.vlp.image

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 03:12 PM

Wayne still thinks he's just average working class. He definitely started from the bottom now he's here!

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 03:16 PM

whoever is at the helm of Nissan's design re. latest releases needs to be deaded like now. esp for SUV's lol WOOOOOOOOOW. barf.

2017 Nissan Rogue

2017 Nissan Pathfinder

2017 Acura MDX

2017 Acura RDX

I will take a Nissan

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 03:17 PM

^good for you. wrong but good for you.
(edited my post to be more specific /bcuz csi trollz)

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 03:19 PM

LMAO, honda humper, do their vision benefits cover glasses, you should make use of those benefits if they do

Oh, I'm still https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDUezAH5nmw

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 03:20 PM

LMAO, honda humper, do their vision benefits cover glasses, you should make use of those benefits if they do

Oh, I'm still https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDUezAH5nmw

lol i love how when i make a statement you automatically relate it to me comparing it to honda/acura when i'm not. just making a statement and pointing out the truth.

have you seen the rear of the new murano? wtf they doing with the tails? and all the chrome trim gone wild?! lol puke. rear of the rogue isn't much better. same goes for side profiles.

dont forget the JUKE = PUKE

the armada giant suv whatever it is looks decent imo though. the titan pickup not bad except they went buckwild with the new front grill tho lol.

oh and their recent minivan is hideous. box on wheels

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 03:29 PM

LOL @ choosing the nissan

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 08:34 PM

mama dukes just bought this. 2016 black on black nx200T f-sport series 3. my brother and i were pulling our hair out trying to find a flippin car that suited her.

it isn't a beautiful nissan but it'll do.

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 09:18 PM

LOL @ choosing the nissan
they do look better.
outside of the frontier and rogue...not bad places to be these days either.

that lexus =

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
09/21/16 09:28 PM

#euphorichasspoken

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/22/16 09:46 PM

4%'er things

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
09/22/16 10:14 PM

actually curious to see the new 5-series due...

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/bmw/new-2016-bmw-m5-spotted-meet-the-new-g30-hot-rod/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/bmw/2017...e-mercedes-e-c/

usual 5 series petrol motors but also a new 530d model but prob only EU as usual. not sure what's planned for here.

The Postman
(Post Master Sr)
09/22/16 10:20 PM

Screamin, any CTR news? Wife tried to give our sales guy a deposit and he wouldnt take it lol.

The Civic Hatch Sport looks promising of things to come though.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/01/16 03:40 PM

which one of you cucks was this?

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
11/01/16 08:55 PM

thats mother facking me bitches!

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
11/01/16 09:52 PM

i like the rouge
pathfinder looks like an explorer
new mdx is nice
rdx is meh

euphoric is kidding himself. he'd stick his dick in anything that remotely resembles pussy.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/16 09:34 AM

mama dukes just bought this. 2016 black on black nx200T f-sport series 3. my brother and i were pulling our hair out trying to find a flippin car that suited her.

it isn't a beautiful nissan but it'll do.

I like the design. Good resale as well.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/16 09:35 AM

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-...gationFlag=true

Speaking of back to basics, this would be a nice back to basics car. RHD though......

4age
(Post Master Sr)
11/02/16 09:41 AM

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1997-acura-integra-type-r-dc2/1193067302?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Speaking of back to basics, this would be a nice back to basics car. RHD though......

Convert to LHD and wow. sikh ride.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/16 09:59 AM

fanboi bucket list would be checked off. Don't know if converting to LHD would be worth it...at that point, may as well hunt and overpay for a USDM version.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/16 12:34 PM

fanboi bucket list would be checked off. Don't know if converting to LHD would be worth it...at that point, may as well hunt and overpay for a USDM version.

clean, low mileage LHD DC2-ITR are $$$
The one you see going for $10,000-$13,000 are not in the best shape, probably repainted and have some rust (Screamin')
There was one for sale in Vancouver with 78,000 km asking $39,900

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/16 01:22 PM

clean, low mileage LHD DC2-ITR are $$$
The one you see going for $10,000-$13,000 are not in the best shape, probably repainted and have some rust (Screamin')
There was one for sale in Vancouver with 78,000 km asking $39,900

$39k.....eff that noise! Its a cool car to have for sure though.

SiZ
(Post Master Sr)
11/02/16 05:08 PM

Back to basics thread, goes buys Venza.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/16 05:17 PM

you can do a LHD conversion with a spot weld drill bit and a shitty canadian tire welder. could probably do the entire conversion in a weekend.

this with a k-swap would give me a boner.

4age
(Post Master Sr)
11/02/16 07:45 PM

My gosh that is hot

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
11/02/16 08:04 PM

My favourite civic gen. ever! Too bad Honda just makes garbage now.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/03/16 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: SiZ

wat?

I drive a Toyota Matrix.

4age
(Post Master Sr)
11/03/16 08:28 AM

^pretty sure i have photographic evidence of you not driving the matrix as early as last night.

markw
(Post Master Supreme)
11/03/16 08:40 AM

you can do a LHD conversion with a spot weld drill bit and a shitty canadian tire welder. could probably do the entire conversion in a weekend.

this with a k-swap would give me a boner.

yep. MR SiR still makes it twitch.

SW20_MR2
(Post Master Sr)
11/03/16 09:21 AM

I like the EG mor but that was the last nice Civic.

4age
(Post Master Sr)
11/03/16 09:24 AM

+1 to that!

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
11/03/16 01:43 PM

EG hatch for me
then EK hatch

nothing wrong with the coupe doe, I am just a hatch guy

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
11/03/16 01:43 PM

Screamin' beg to differ

Screamin Type ARGH!
(Post Master Supreme)
11/03/16 02:35 PM

Screamin' beg to differ

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/03/16 02:43 PM

i'd love me a clean EG hatch with a b-series type R motor and trans with bolt ons.

4age
(Post Master Sr)
11/03/16 03:04 PM

Someone pls post up Rob's old car.
Rob! DO IT. POST NAO.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/03/16 09:21 PM

gad damn one more

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 07:14 AM

Screamin' beg to differ

that's how they do brand academy at honda eh?

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 08:48 AM

Lol

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 10:02 AM

gad damn one more

Nice car, but the wheels

phoenixrage
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 10:42 AM

desmond ragamasters

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: c2k
gad damn one more

Nice car, but the wheels

like those.

go spoon yourself

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
11/04/16 11:04 AM

I did say that his "back to basics" stuff was pure B.S.

Also his: The TL is too long ! Goes and buys a Venza that's 7mm shorter than the TL.

Ok... maybe 7mm is a BIIIIIGGG deal when you spend weekends adding 2ft to your one car garage.

Just A Troll
(Post Master)
11/04/16 11:05 AM

^pretty sure i have photographic evidence of you not driving the matrix as early as last night.

PWNED!

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 11:10 AM

I did say that his "back to basics" stuff was pure B.S.

Also his: The TL is too long ! Goes and buys a Venza that's 7mm shorter than the TL.

Ok... maybe 7mm is a BIIIIIGGG deal when you spend weekends adding 2ft to your one car garage.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 01:10 PM

gad damn one more

Nice car, but the wheels

Show us your sick OEM 15" Civic LX wheels setup

Euphoricuck
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 01:11 PM

Show us your sick OEM 15" Civic LX wheels setup
\:o

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 02:26 PM

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 02:31 PM

gad damn one more

Nice car, but the wheels

lol you broken

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 02:33 PM

What's the word on the golf alltrac. Yay or nay?

I like the looks of it, have yet to drive one.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 02:35 PM

isnt' it pretty much a v dub wha-tigwan?

LNXGUY
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 02:45 PM

isnt' it pretty much a v dub wha-tigwan?

Same chassis as the SportWagen, but it's raised up, different dampers, etc.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 04:11 PM

Seems to be a much better alternative vs. The all road.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/04/16 05:30 PM

kinda want to pull the trigger on this...

https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/honda/integra/19660919/

friggin cdn dollar sucks right now.

Simon_the_Pieman
(Post Master Sr)
11/06/16 12:17 AM

um....

https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/honda/nsx/19083639/

Choco 'Nuck
(Post Master Supreme)
11/06/16 09:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman

Lol, thats some crack pipe smoking pricing.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
11/06/16 10:00 AM

Uh yeah for rhd wtf. There's a true showroom one on eBay. The last year of the usdm with something stupid like 2000 miles and it's $140kish

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
11/07/16 08:51 AM

Hawt damn! Why is this one so much cheaper than the other ones (interior condition aside)

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
11/07/16 10:11 PM

Are you leaving this car in your cottage on the island?

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/08/16 03:18 PM

Hawt damn! Why is this one so much cheaper than the other ones (interior condition aside)

there were actually another 3, two blue ones and a black one that were about the same price. i researched the law to import a car to barbados and looks like i can't import shit basically. i'll have to pay someone like a car dealership or a native there to import me one.

Risky Business
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/16 07:22 AM

Been driving my 12 year old Toyota with 280k on it, it's AMAZING!!!

That's all I wanted to share, basics are great!

c2k
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/16 08:28 AM

So you sold the TL?

markw
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/16 08:54 AM

kinda want
https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/honda/cr-x/18891922/?sp=40

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/16 10:52 AM

there were actually another 3, two blue ones and a black one that were about the same price. i researched the law to import a car to barbados and looks like i can't import shit basically. i'll have to pay someone like a car dealership or a native there to import me one.

Why Barbados? I think Barbados is LHD from what I recall.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/16 10:54 AM

Originally Posted By: markw

kinda want
https://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/honda/cr-x/18891922/?sp=40

Rather have the RSX R vs. this one for the same coin.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/16 02:33 PM

Why Barbados? I think Barbados is LHD from what I recall.

bought a place down there so i'm looking for a cheap something to import and leave there to boot around in. it's RHD down there.

Hatorade
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/16 02:39 PM

Balling!!!

f22b-dohc
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/16 02:43 PM

Balling!!!

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/09/16 02:51 PM

it's a hammock tied to two trees.

A2B-Lexus
(Post Master Supreme)
11/10/16 08:46 AM

it's a hammock tied to two trees.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice......it probably looks like Wayne's cottage.

titty sprinkles
(Post Master Supreme)
11/10/16 02:58 PM

i sure am not wayne ballin with my basic ass.

b16_eh
(Post Master Sr)
11/10/16 10:46 PM

Never could drive anything other than a Honda, tried a 2003 VW Jetta 2.0T, fun car but not a Honda. Right now I have a 2009 CR-V EX-L, 2 kids later and no other car was an option. Couldn't bring myself to get anything less than a EX-L. Although I don't treat it like gold, still had to change the deck and install an alarm with a car starter.

Can't see myself ever owning anything bare bones again. Leather, reverse camera, sunroof all things I can no longer live without.

iamfob
(Post Master Supreme)
11/14/16 11:15 PM

O RLY?

87ZCSi
(Post Master Sr)
11/14/16 11:53 PM

10yr old Toyota with 250k here. It's good, to be honest it's been favorite for road trips over the 328i.