Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#33995 - 05/07/04 07:34 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
danielsmith Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: San Diego, CA
I took it off the big fat white wire running up to the ignition because it was part of the ignition I actually soldered it and wrapped it, loomed it, etc, etc. Just wanted it to be really nice.... if you go this route, be careful soldering up there as there are a lot of important wires there
'92 Honda Accord - AEM CAI, Tenzo Springs -- WTB: Stock 92-93 Accord Hub Caps (she's going back to stock) '00 Civic Si - Greddy EVO Exhaust, 17" OZ Superleggeras, TEIN Springs. (DC Intake for sale.. pm me)

Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#33996 - 05/09/04 12:58 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
danielsmith Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: San Diego, CA

This is my revision. I'm assuming that 1 & 2 on the DPDT relay is NC and 3 & 4 are NO. The idea is that when the relay is engaged +12 is put back into the coil

Daniel
'92 Honda Accord - AEM CAI, Tenzo Springs -- WTB: Stock 92-93 Accord Hub Caps (she's going back to stock) '00 Civic Si - Greddy EVO Exhaust, 17" OZ Superleggeras, TEIN Springs. (DC Intake for sale.. pm me)

#33997 - 05/22/04 12:10 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
sxng9 Offline

i still don't know where you bought the reed relay, and i had a hard time finding one that works, so i decided to wrig up a remote wireless fuel pump kill switch. i found somebody who was good with building wireless stuff, so i had him build me a simple control unit, and a simple remote.

the remote has a good range (maybe half a mile??) - j/k; i tested the control unit from the basement and tested the remote from as far as the very back end of the fence in my backyard. it might even have a farther range, but i have yet to test it. if i'm ever at gun-point when in the car (or out of the car), i can push the button on the remote, and no, i don't keep the remote chained along with my other keys. i keep the remote elsewhere on me, so i can cut-off the fuel, even when the theif is far away from me.

besides the remote-controlled kill switch, there is also a simple manual switch hidden in the car. i bled my hands to death trying to hide everything, so i hope that what i have done so far today was worth it.

as far as the schematic, it's basically the same as the reed relay kill switch, but just think of the DPDT Plugin Relay as the actual control unit. i'm still using an automotive relay, but i took out the flashing LED, the reed relay, and the pushbutton.

...well the pushbutton is still on my car, but it's not hook up to anything, and serves no function, other than to fool the theif. i already drilled a hole in my car prior to building the remote kill switch. i might as well leave the switch there to fill in that empty hole, and to fool the theif, that the switch actually does something, until when he rips the dashboard apart.

#33998 - 05/25/04 12:18 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
Solscud007 Offline
Poster

Loc: Irvine, Ca
Just installed my first fuel pump kill switch today. And I jsut discovered this thread. My friend did his and told me what to do. I wired it next to the kicker panel. It is a yellow and green wire you splice into. I might do another one by the rear seats.

#33999 - 06/06/04 10:38 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
00CIVIC_-_ Offline
Jr Member

Loc: New York
Hey guys, I bought all those parts that you need for the magnetic kill switch, but I have no clue how to wire this up, this is a pic of what iv got:
Pic
Thanks for your help!
The DPDT relay looks the sameas the pic above, but the regular 12V relay is different, on my 12V auto relay it sais 30,85,86,87a,87, and from my pic is the magnetic switch good enough???

Edited by 00CIVIC_-_ (06/06/04 10:46 AM)

#34000 - 06/24/04 05:14 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
DXorsist77 Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Columbia,SC,USA,North America,...
Wasup fellas! i haven't been on thios thread for a while. Needed to look it up today cause my neighbor(5 doors down) in my townhouse complex just got her car stolen. WTF!! i thought this place was cool but evidently it isn't. Gonna see about finaly installing a good alarm along with the kill switch. I'll let u know how it went. Later.

#34001 - 07/07/04 09:01 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
jjtackleberry Offline
Jr Member

Loc: KS
.....as of this last weekend....

I installed three more of these in three different cars.......

I wonder how many people have done this...

#34002 - 08/11/04 11:57 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
FCobra94 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
I'll probably be installing a kill switch soon too, although I think I'm going to tap mine from the clutch switch which only lets you start the car if the clutch is fully depressed. Then, the car won't even be able to crank over or anything

Does anyone see any downsides to this? I mean, I'll probably wire loom all the surrounding wires so that nothing looks out of place under the dash. Then I will have to find a good hiding spot for the switch, but other than that, I think it should work better than just tapping the fuel pump power wire...

#34003 - 08/15/04 04:50 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
DXorsist77 Offline
Jr Member

u have PM.

#34004 - 09/27/04 09:04 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
CivicDnB Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Fairfax, VA
how many amps is the fuel pump pulling? What are the minimum requirements for a switch (not the relay solution)? Using a Relay, what are the requirements?

#34005 - 09/30/04 02:45 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
ddiejr Offline

I just did it and it works great .
Thanks!!!!!

#34006 - 10/07/04 09:53 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
SiLeo20 Offline
Poster

Loc: Kissimmee Florida
I dont know if anyone has seen this bfore i know i havent but once i saw a magazine with a 90-93 integra hooked up and to the gear shifter he had some special square lock so if anyone tried to steal his car they couldnt put it in gear.... anyone else sen this?
#34007 - 10/22/04 10:56 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
vontez Offline

Just buy an automotive switch from radio shack. A switch rated at 30A will do just fine.
#34008 - 11/23/04 05:31 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
smokinSI Offline
Jr Member

Loc: OH
What's the first peice I should replace if I'm getting a battery drain????
#34009 - 01/23/05 03:33 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
cncivicsi Offline

Loc: Texas
Could someone please repost or email me the schematics for the magnetic kill switch. None of the links/pictures appear to be working anymore.

Thanks!

#34010 - 01/24/05 01:41 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
Da_One_Si Offline

wasup just wonderin how u guyz connected the gauge wires to the fuel pump wires...did u solder it wit a soldering tool or did u use crimp-on butt connectors n shrink wrap tubings? i dun wanna be spendin money on the soldering shietz if the other one or 2 workz just as fine
#34011 - 02/09/05 03:26 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
volcom454 Offline

Loc: so cal
just pull the main relay out. its under the dash by the steering wheel shaft. its a 1" X 1" X 2" box with a plug and about 8 or 10 wires running to it.., and its the relay for the starter, fuel injection, and pretty much everything else your car needs to run. i cut the clip for the plug off on mine, and it only takes about 2 secs to pull out.
#34012 - 02/10/05 05:07 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
Neo Noodle Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Quote:

Could someone please repost or email me the schematics for the magnetic kill switch. None of the links/pictures appear to be working anymore.

Thanks!

"You are what you eat."

#34013 - 03/02/05 04:35 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
DXorsist77 Offline
Jr Member

Hey guys if u haven't heard the civic was stolen. LOL i knew i should've put that kill switch in!! Anywho my new car is a 95 BMW M3. (fast) I was wondering do any of u tech guys think this will work on a Bimmer?

#34014 - 03/03/05 12:08 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
CHARGEDcivicSi Offline
Poster

Loc: california
dang, that sucks... the guy who started the thread.... btw, what security did you have on your car when it was stolen? shoulda installed the kill switch man. took me only an hour and $4, including the trip to home depot....

#34015 - 06/12/05 08:55 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
petemac Offline

Loc: middletown ny
i just instaled a inline kill switch to the fuel pump today(5 dollers and a hour and 30 mins) now i want to do one to the starter. How do I do it?
#34016 - 07/16/05 01:45 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
KneeGrow Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Quote:

Hey guys if u haven't heard the civic was stolen. LOL i knew i should've put that kill switch in!! Anywho my new car is a 95 BMW M3. (fast) I was wondering do any of u tech guys think this will work on a Bimmer?

Damn, how come you didn't install the switch?

#34017 - 08/02/05 06:40 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
strsi Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: CA
nice thread guys.

I just did one today.
1. Just cut the yellow/green wire in half. (I wont say where i did mine)
2. Bought some male/female quick disconnects from radio shack
3. Bought a 25amp 12VDC SPST rocker switch from radio shack Rocker
4. Bought some 14 gauge wire from autozone
5. Put a female (or male) quick disconnect on each side of the cut yellow/green wire
6. Put a male (or female) quick disconncet on each of the 2 lines of 14 gauge wire.
7. Plug the 2 lines of the 14 gauge wire to the 2 lines of the yellow/green wire useing the quick disconnects u just put on.
8. Run the 14 gauge wires where u'd like.
9. Put female quick disconncets on the end of the 14 gauge wires
10. Plug the female disconnects to the 2 male ends of the rocker switch.

Done! Just make sure to crimp everything well & use electrical tape. My way is not complex, but it does the job. I have almost no electrical knowledge at all, but I was able to figure it out, so anyone should be able to do it.

The hardest part of this is taking off the interior panneling.

1994 EG Hatch

2000 BMW 328ci

207 Forever- RIP

#34018 - 08/13/05 01:05 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
Ohjolt2 Offline
Jr Poster

Dont use LEDs, if i was trying to steal your car i would just fallow the led wires to your switch rip the wires off it and twist them together. Thiefs arent stupid these days the magnet switch isnt really going to help because you can just rip the wires out and twist them. Real car thiefs are not going to be stoped by a magnet switch. The key to this is hiding the switch and the NONSTOCK wires going to it. Taking the main relay with you is pretty good, you can also take the ecu with you if you have a gutted car. Removeable steering wheels. If it takes you less than a whole day to wire your alarm and kill system up then your not hiding this stuff enought. All hondas have the wires in the same places, its not that hard to trace. Another excelent option is a hood locking system so that they cant get to the battery and horn. also hidden gel cell batteries and hidden horns are good to. But the sound that the horn makes gives away its location to makes it damn hard to get to. Any car is stealable you can probably come up with a system that would prevent is from being driven away, but it can still be stolen. I heard a story about one of the first porsche 911's of a certain model, the car was behind a 12 foot tall wall in a compund with a locked gate. car had a full system and everything. they used a crane and lifted the car over the wall and droped in on a flat bed truck.

#34019 - 08/15/05 01:35 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
strsi Offline
Post Master Jr

Im not sure if ur replying to me or not. But could u elaborate on not using led's. i though those were those little red lights. but u said a theif could follow the led wires so Im not sure what that means.
but anyways i didn't use an led switch so i'm not even sure if u were replying to me or someone else.

1994 EG Hatch

2000 BMW 328ci

207 Forever- RIP

#34020 - 09/09/05 03:35 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
jdemoney23 Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: burbank, ca
damn this is a good thread for thieves. not that im a thief or something but yah. lol dont u think?
#34021 - 09/18/05 04:10 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
99 Si Jeff Offline

Loc: California, United States, Mis...
Quote:

nice thread guys.

I just did one today.
1. Just cut the yellow/green wire in half. (I wont say where i did mine)
2. Bought some male/female quick disconnects from radio shack
3. Bought a 25amp 12VDC SPST rocker switch from radio shack Rocker
4. Bought some 14 gauge wire from autozone
5. Put a female (or male) quick disconnect on each side of the cut yellow/green wire
6. Put a male (or female) quick disconncet on each of the 2 lines of 14 gauge wire.
7. Plug the 2 lines of the 14 gauge wire to the 2 lines of the yellow/green wire useing the quick disconnects u just put on.
8. Run the 14 gauge wires where u'd like.
9. Put female quick disconncets on the end of the 14 gauge wires
10. Plug the female disconnects to the 2 male ends of the rocker switch.

Done! Just make sure to crimp everything well & use electrical tape. My way is not complex, but it does the job. I have almost no electrical knowledge at all, but I was able to figure it out, so anyone should be able to do it.

The hardest part of this is taking off the interior panneling.

used this today took about 2 hours but only because i had to wait for radioshack to open hahah thanks a lot for the help

#34022 - 01/27/06 04:20 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
00cleanSI Offline

Loc: GA
STOP POSTING THIS EVERY WHERE!!!! THIEVES CAN GET ONTO THESE THINGS AND SCREW US OVER GUYS. HAD AN EBP 00 CIVIC SI. ON APRIL FOOLS DAY I CAME OUT OF WORK FROM THE MALL AND CAR WAS GONE. GOT IT BACK A DAY LATER AND IT WAS A SHELL. WE NEED TO KEEP HOW TO DO A KILL SWITCH SECRET. PM EACH OTHER, JUST AN IDEA THAT I DONT MIND TLKAIGN ABOUT. I PUT MY SWITCH IN THE TRUNK AND LOCKED THE TRUNK POPER SO THEY CANT GET OT MINE WITHOUT A KEY
#34023 - 01/27/06 09:21 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
HCivic02 Offline
Post Master Supreme

you are an idiot if you dont think theives dont know about kill switches

#34024 - 01/29/06 01:32 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
Neo Noodle Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Quote:

STOP POSTING THIS EVERY WHERE!!!! THIEVES CAN GET ONTO THESE THINGS AND SCREW US OVER GUYS. HAD AN EBP 00 CIVIC SI. ON APRIL FOOLS DAY I CAME OUT OF WORK FROM THE MALL AND CAR WAS GONE. GOT IT BACK A DAY LATER AND IT WAS A SHELL. WE NEED TO KEEP HOW TO DO A KILL SWITCH SECRET. PM EACH OTHER, JUST AN IDEA THAT I DONT MIND TLKAIGN ABOUT. I PUT MY SWITCH IN THE TRUNK AND LOCKED THE TRUNK POPER SO THEY CANT GET OT MINE WITHOUT A KEY

You don't need a key to pop the trunk or fold down the back seats, even if it is "locked"... apparently you didn't know this, but theives do. Theives know A LOT more about your car than you do.. The more we teach the owner about their car, the better they can protect themselves from the theives. I assume most theives don't get their info from the internet, their info comes from just knowing the vehicles they're working with.. Most of the "security" features of a civic is just a peice of plastic in the way or a wire to short..I didn't learn this from the internet..I learned it just from working on my car.

Anyways, I am truely sorry to hear about you loss.. On april fools day too, thats fucked up.. you must have thought it was a bad prank untill you saw what was left of it..
"You are what you eat."

#34025 - 02/07/06 07:20 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
tuner10 Offline
Jr Poster

Loc: Washington
lol hey I live in washington.. own my own civic.. was wondering of a really good place to put it... if you could plz pm me

#34026 - 03/22/06 05:22 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
dansred2000si Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: El Paso, Texas
Well I installed my kill switch today and i feel pretty good about it. I was a little bit more comfortable at work today!!! I do not feel right telling anyone where I put it but all I can say is, be creative and really think about where you put it. I instaled mine thinking of the same thing like 50 times, "No I bet the thief will check here from experience" before I actually found the right place!!!!

Good Luck peps!!!

-Danny
B18A1|CP's81.5mm|Eagle|ACL|Moroso|Cometic hg|Hasport|ARP|B16A head|
GSR cams|BDL cam gears|Supertech valvetrain|Vic X|RLD Ramhorn mani|3"DP|
Tial44mm WG|GT3076R .82a/r|Apexi IC|HKS SSQ BOV|HONDATA S300|ACT 6puck|

#34027 - 05/15/06 02:47 PM Re: Need a Kill Switch
jonhenry15 Offline

Loc: CT
i just did it in about an hour. i was curious though, if my connections are perfect, will the fuel flow be effected. or does it just need connectivity for power.
#34028 - 07/17/06 12:59 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
JayDee Offline

Loc: PA
Quote:

Well I installed my kill switch today and i feel pretty good about it. I was a little bit more comfortable at work today!!! I do not feel right telling anyone where I put it but all I can say is, be creative and really think about where you put it. I instaled mine thinking of the same thing like 50 times, "No I bet the thief will check here from experience" before I actually found the right place!!!!

Good Luck peps!!!

Wait which technique did you use? The switch one or the magnet one?

-Danny

#34029 - 07/17/06 04:44 AM Re: Need a Kill Switch
2000SIRCOUPEPD Offline

Loc: dirty jerz
you can wire a killswitch to ur fuel pump,starter,coil,battery cutoff, you can unplug your ecu every night take youre ecu fuse out . . . take out your main power relay .. lots of things not mentioning clutch and brake locks . .

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Dr. BrokenLimits, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads