Page 11 of 19 « First<910111213>Last »
Topic Options
#1655060 - 07/17/07 03:17 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: NoiZe]
ResisterGo Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Buffalo NY
^^^^ What he said.

As long as YOU enjoy your car, then ENJOY IT. I'm glad you like it. And we're all in this hobby (albeit different genres of it) for one reason: Because it's fun, and it makes us happy, even if 99% of the general population doesn't "get it."

But coming onto a board (SvA) that's primarily interested in racing/tuning/going fast and trying to convince everyone that your pillows, tassels, and JDM-sweet curtains are really legit, is like pissing in the wind. Take that shit to the VIP/EXE boards where someone might actually appreciate the *ahem* work you've done to your car.

Videos
#1655102 - 07/17/07 03:28 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ResisterGo]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
What I find lame, is the attempts to justify how VIP/Premium his car is by throwing out lame options and statements from mags about fake wood. pretty much the whole board said the outside looked fine and the VIP style was gay. He justifies the VIP by talking about how premium his car is, which is just a pit of pathetic.

OMG a speed limiter! 0-60 in 7.5. My parents neon did both those, and had intermittent wipers too OMG! Steering wheel cruise control too! WOW!

Generic options don't impress anyone. I drive a Maxima with almost all the available luxo/power options you can get in a car these days, but it's not luxo and I don't pretend it's amazing. That's the difference between knowing what you have and pretending what you have is something amazing.

#1655107 - 07/17/07 03:29 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: kdfalk
I tell you what, you are ALL invited to meet me and DRIVE my Q with me in the passenger seat. Until then, you can't form an opinion on how the car drives because you haven't driven it. Other people in the US who have bought the Tein springs from me, and the KYB's from someone else swear they love it, but I'm sure they're just making it all up.

Lots of people think KYB makes a good damper but they're also quite wrong. The KYB's in general have terrible jounce/rebound "curves" (more like straight lines), and their adjustements often don't adjust.

So then what, is Bilstein the only company on Earth that makes a good shock? How can a single one of you have any clue at all since the New SR's aren't even sold in the USA????? GTFO.

No, far from it. Bilstein and Koni make decent, flexible (in that they can be revalved) off the shelf dampers. On the higher end, Koni (again), JRZ, Penske, Moton make excellent products for performance applications but are a bit pricey.

I will never put KYB's on a car I own, I made that mistake once and will never do it again.

#1655205 - 07/17/07 03:52 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Spring Hill, FL
I have had mixed experience with KYBs. They do a decent job of damping at some settings. The adjustments work so long as you aren't super picky about exactly matching your spring rate and having perfect weight transfer.

The closest you can come to "tuning" KYBs is adjusting them to get rid of obvious handling problems like over/understeer and weight transfer problems. And even then, every "solution" you find will be a compromise in some other area. At the lower levels they will bounce on stiff springs. At the higher levels they resist spring travel too much. You basically have a 3-4 setting range that you can play with depending on your spring rates. It's better than stock, but nothing like having konis already matched to your spring rates that can be adjusted over a much wider range to control handling.

Back when I got mine, KYB had just taken over miata production from GAB and all the autocrossers were still using them, so I figured what the hell. All the other choices were either retardedly pricey or they were just gimmicky lowering springs that rode like shit. Now there is a ridiculous selection of shocks and coilover kits for the miata so there is no excuse for buying them anymore.

And this is the adjustables. If you are buying non-adjustable KYBs, you need to seriously rethink what you are doing. I guarantee you that the one-setting KYBs are set up for stock springs at stock ride height. Chopped and stiffened springs will be far from ideal with them.

#1655273 - 07/17/07 04:04 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: NoiZe]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: East of St. Louis
Originally Posted By: NoiZe
In the end it doesn't matter, because if you like your car, that IS all that matters. But stop trying to demand respect from people that see it as riduculous. Take your pills and get over it.

True dat. There are subjective and objective reasons to be smitten with a particular car. And it's not a case of one being right and the other wrong, but one is universally there for all to see (STi, Evo, C6, C5 being outstanding bang for the buck for example) and the other is personal to the car's lover. I understand the subjective, fuck, I revel in it (ask anyone here), but other than my firm belief that no car ought to weigh more than 3k lbs, I don't expect anyone else to understand when I wax poetic about Giugiaro wedges and de Dion rear suspensions (though here, we are talking about an objectively - if controversally - better design than most IRS's or live axles. And fuck the fools who disagree. ) or particularly the virtues of small wheeled, small capacity motorcycles.

Love your car, but never expect respect for that love.

cheers,
scott

#1655344 - 07/17/07 04:25 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
Driven Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Taiwan - Digital Nomading
How did I "cheap out on handling mods"???????????? Because I put springs and high performance shocks on it (KYB New SR Special, that's really the name, are performance gas struts)????????

KYB could be one of the shittiest shocks in the "performance market".

what spring rates do you have?

Quote:
Work Euroline FS
Tein S-tech
KYB New SR Special

Bunch of crap. like buying cusco rollbars...

Quote:
Stillen front lip

Performance how?

Quote:
body matched spoiler and lower trim
tint

how is this performance?

Quote:
Pioneer AVIC D3 + monitors

cliche. and everyone has these in their dodge stratus.

Quote:
curtains made for cars

Richard Simmons

Quote:
Nissan CIMA GT grille
Silverstar headlights, turn signals and fog light bulbs

So, you put a super white headlamp bumps to make it appear you have HIDs? isn't that like, being a poseur? like... trying to make the car something it isn't... like "VIP" \:\)

in other words, stop trying to be something you're not (or trying to make your car something it's not).

You wouldn't own a moped and try to pass it off as a sports bike... don't try to pass your Q45 as a high-end Luxury car. So what if the Q45 was $40K+ new... you can grab a '02 Q45 for $18K now!

$6K for 97 Q45

#1655349 - 07/17/07 04:27 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
fellfrosch7 Offline
Post Master

Loc: Las Vegas

Had to.

#1655401 - 07/17/07 04:40 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: fellfrosch7]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: fellfrosch7

Had to.

I'm not ashamed.

cheers,
scott

#1655879 - 07/17/07 06:28 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
shigma2k2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Backroads of CT
The springs, plus shocks, plus VERY wide tires make it handle better than it did. YEs, that's the case here. Fuck you, troll.

245's shit son, thats fucking HUGE!! Oh wait, my car comes stock with 275's... You sir, are a clown... and thank you for the comedy you've brought to all of us

Edit: Oh yeah, 275's were to small for my car, 315's all around

Edited by shigma2k2 (07/17/07 06:30 PM)

#1655880 - 07/17/07 06:28 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: Driven]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Driven

You wouldn't own a moped and try to pass it off as a sports bike...

Well, you might not...

cheers,
scott

#1656020 - 07/17/07 07:08 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

245s are large for a miata, but not for any normal size car. Actually there are miata race cars running 285s now. Unfortunately they are only available in the hoosier autox compound. They require 15x10 wheels I believe. I would do that in a second if they were available in something closer to the kumho victoracer or toyo RA-1 compounds.

#1656178 - 07/17/07 08:00 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
nyisles Offline
Post Master Supreme

WORK:

tint
Pioneer AVIC D3 + monitors
curtains made for cars
Nissan CIMA GT grille
Silverstar headlights, turn signals and fog light bulbs

Wow, these are the kinds of "mods" (except maybe the curtain ) you'd find on a ricer's modlist circa 2001. Surprised you didn't mention synthetic fluids... oh wait, there they are in the "maintenance list"

#1656224 - 07/17/07 08:18 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: nyisles]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

I never understood the purpose of listing "mods" that get drained every couple of months and replaced.

I also never understood the point of listing stuff like filters or grills or headlights, mods that arguably have very little effect on the performance or look of the car.

Also, what tires is he running? That has a much bigger impact on performance than 90 percent of the crap he listed. I bet it is some mid-pack all season bullshit that claims to be "sporty yet long lasting." Lol poser bait.

I was going to make a mod list to show how it is properly done, but as I was doing it, I realized how utterly gay it is to list 99% of mods.

#1656232 - 07/17/07 08:21 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ResisterGo]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Detox
Originally Posted By: ResisterGo
Originally Posted By: killerbeeVR6
Clearly you DO give a fuck, otherwise you wouldn't STILL be posting in this thread.

I'm in here because I'm bored and you're a JDM-sweet brainwashed cockjuggler. My car isn't any better, but at least I can admit it. VIP.

No. You've at least done real work* to your car. If memory serves, a hell of a lot of work*. Even though you never came through with dyno sheets or timeslips (if memory serves),I still have a lot more respect for someone who actually gets out there and DOES something cool/different to their car, instead of blindly swinging from the nuts of the "land of the rising sun"

*No reasonable person would call "work," throwing a few faggy looking pillows in the back seat and calling it a day.

I posted a 400whp dyno a few years back. When it's back together, I'll pleasure you all.

#1656339 - 07/17/07 09:12 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: MurderHornetVR6]
ScottStaypuff Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: killerbeeVR6
I'll pleasure you all.

EDIT: Still less gay than pillows and curtains in your car.

Edited by ScottStaypuff (07/17/07 09:13 PM)

#1656464 - 07/17/07 09:52 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
johnso2.6 Offline
350Z enthusiast
Post Master Supreme

And for reference, I bought the Q because I wanted a large, 4 door, v8 powered RWD sedan. I was tired of the sporty compact thing and wanted a car to cruise in. But I still drive way too fast, it just blends in more now.

...and we're back to like page 5. As previously stated, you're a graduated ricer. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, maybe less. Instead of go fast mods like wings and body kits to turn your Civic into a high end performance car, now it's JDM lowering, curtains and $100 knots to turn your Q into a high end luxury car.

BTW, who in the FUCK knows their car has:

Quote:
20 position intermitent wiper speed

???? I'll tell you who, someone grasping at anything and everything to justify their position. It's really painful watching you flop all over the floor attempting to suck your own rice dick like that.

I just got done watching "Letters from Iwo Jima." Take the lead of your fellow countrymen, pull the pin, and hold the grenade to your chest. It's fucking over Captian Nippon.

#1656647 - 07/17/07 10:49 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
daemon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: West Columbia, SC
Do you have any clue, any at all, what ICE is? In. Car. Entertainment. You had DVD screens in 1991? ICE is not what your car IS, it's what you car has, or doesn't have.

Faster? 1/4 mile is almost identical, and woop-tee-doo, it's .5 seconds quicker to 60, but maxes out at 143 while the Q is limited to 150. Sorry, go back in your fucking hole dumbass.

Sorry to break your theory, but I ran a 14.6@96mph in my stock SHO. According to magazines at the time, it was gear limited at 155mph. Of course, if you want to argue about slow cars, be my guest.

#1656654 - 07/17/07 10:53 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: daemon]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
I'm pretty sure a SHO was really quick for it's time.

#1656664 - 07/17/07 10:55 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: stickaz_old]
daemon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: West Columbia, SC
I know it was really quick for the time. It just that in the current world of v6 Accords and Camries, it's no longer that special.
#1656797 - 07/17/07 11:45 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: daemon]
theLoon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: MN
I've been laughing at this retard since page 1 of this thread. ruh roh, there goes the magic "5" number.

I actually was quite smitten by the original Q45, especially compared to the competition at the time in the Legend and LS400. I distinctly remember reading in a car mag about how the engineers had spent some ridiculous amount of time making sure all the switches had the perfect tactile response Still, there's just no arguing that the Infiniti brand sank compared to Acura and especially Lexus. At least here in the not land of the rising sun.

As for this EXE style, I've seen threads on the subject over at bimmerforums with pics of some pretty badass cars. So hey, like most things, there's a right way and a wrong way, even if the basic premise behind the activity is so, er, delightfully eccentric.

#1656824 - 07/17/07 11:57 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: theLoon]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: So. Cali
i wouldn't say it sank in comparison to acura. see, i'd rather have a cheaper interior than a fwd "luxury" car.

#1656929 - 07/18/07 12:54 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: jsmonet]
theLoon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: MN
well I wasn't really talking about what "we" would prefer. Now this is based on the vague recollections of a few columns I read in random magazines, but I think Acura pulls a lot more weight than Infiniti for the majority of consumers. Lexus is on its own level though.

edit: just thought of this as a pointless random sample, but a friend of mine (30s, hot asian, graphic designer) got an Infiniti G35 a few years back. She was almost embarassed to be seen in it. A few months ago, she replaced it with a new 330i, which she takes every opportunity to talk about and show off. I think with a lot of folks who care about what brand they drive, japanese luxo cars aren't even on the radar compared to ze germans.

Edited by theLoon (07/18/07 01:00 AM)

#1657032 - 07/18/07 01:42 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: theLoon]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
I don't think a 330i is a luxo car personally but wtf do I know even if it is my wife's commuter (30s, asian, not a graphic designer) who interestingly almost got a G35 instead

#1657054 - 07/18/07 02:01 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: stickaz_old]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Detox
Originally Posted By: stickaz
I don't think a 330i is a luxo car personally but wtf do I know even if it is my wife's commuter (30s, asian, not a graphic designer) who interestingly almost got a G35 instead

Careful. Aparently the AZN wife makes you predisposed to feeling the VIP vibe.

#1657367 - 07/18/07 08:54 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: method1]
Eggs Benedict Offline
Jr Member

Loc: On the toilet :(
Quiet Luxury - True Stance - Super Sedans

that's a gem.

#1657420 - 07/18/07 09:11 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: johnso2.6]
normaspirated Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nevada
Originally Posted By: johnso26

Quote:

???? I'll tell you who, someone grasping at anything and everything to justify their position. It's really painful watching you flop all over the floor attempting to suck your own rice dick like that.

I just got done watching "Letters from Iwo Jima." Take the lead of your fellow countrymen, pull the pin, and hold the grenade to your chest. It's fucking over Captian Nippon.

I'm sorry, but...

#1657835 - 07/18/07 11:05 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: stickaz_old]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: So. Cali
Originally Posted By: stickaz

mine (20's, asian, just fucking evil) was on the fence between a 3 vert and whatever else she could find, and ended up decided to buy an rx400h at the end of the year. wtf?

what i love about her is her deep-seated hatred for the germans \:D it isn't completely baseless. everyone around us who has owned german has had tons of stupid little shit break on an almost constant basis. that really erodes the want for a bmw or mercedes.

#1657950 - 07/18/07 11:31 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: jsmonet]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: So-Cal
If putting mods on a car that don't make it faster is "ricer" then you people that feel this way are complete, morons.

My tires are General Exclaim UHP W rated tires, the last time I looked, the highest rated UHP tires on Tirerack. But I haven't looked in a while. I'm sure you doucebags will do it for me and then sit here and explain what an idiot I am for running General tires.

A racing Miata can run 285's? So the fuck what. I never said my car was a race car.

I've probably driven more fast cars than 90% of you. And if you think my Si was "riced out" with never having seen it, you are so far from the mark. My Si was clean as any that's ever been on this forum. I've been a fast driver my whole life and I still drive fast. If you doubt that, ask anyone from the SO-Cal forum who's been on a canyon run with me, I'm always one of the first cars.

My Q is a nice, big, luxo-car. It's fun to drive, I like it and get far too many compliments on it to take anything you "racer" bois have to say trying to put it and me down.

Oh, I missed one on my mod list: NGK Iridium IX

#1657978 - 07/18/07 11:40 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: johnso2.6]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: johnso26
And for reference, I bought the Q because I wanted a large, 4 door, v8 powered RWD sedan. I was tired of the sporty compact thing and wanted a car to cruise in. But I still drive way too fast, it just blends in more now.

...and we're back to like page 5. As previously stated, you're a graduated ricer. Nothing more, nothing less. Well, maybe less. Instead of go fast mods like wings and body kits to turn your Civic into a high end performance car, now it's JDM lowering, curtains and $100 knots to turn your Q into a high end luxury car.

Quote:

I have nothing I can add to this masterpiece, but I did call that he would have generic all seasons.

#1658036 - 07/18/07 11:54 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Well, golly, you're so smart!!

Originally Posted By: TireRack.com

The Exclaim UHP is General Tire's Ultra High Performance Summer tire that was developed for the drivers of sports cars, coupes and sedans. While meeting minimum tread design standards to be "M+S" branded, the Exclaim UHP is designed to provide high levels of traction, response and control in dry conditions, along with superior hydroplaning resistance in wet conditions. We do not suggest Exclaim UHP tires be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

The Exclaim UHP uses a 2nd generation, ultra high performance silica compound molded into a directional tread design that features wide, solid shoulder tread blocks and a high-tech contour to combine responsive handling with dry traction. Its Double-V directional tread pattern enhances wet performance. Together, the tread compound and design help sweep water away from between the tire’s contact patch and the road to improve wet grip (earning the highest “AA” UTQG Traction Rating) while reducing the possibility of hydroplaning. The tire’s internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wound jointless nylon on top of polyester body plies to combine responsive handling and cornering stability with high-speed durability.

Excellent or Superior rating in every category. Over 3 million miles reported. Yeah, "generic all seasons" you're a fucking genius!

#1658073 - 07/18/07 12:11 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

I can barely control my laughter well enough to type. Dude, it's rated excellent or superior by other people who bought the tire and have similarly low expectations. Of course, due to low expectations, they are also impressed by the tire and they rate it high, attracting other retards like moths to a flame.

UTQG traction ratings and speed ratings are completely useless on any real tire. Even the shittiest all seasons have gotten maximum ratings for years. Racing tires and even decent summer tires are way beyond anything that little system is meant to measure.

As for your canyon runs, I'm guessing you race against crippled CA-legal cars. Beating a 15 second car with all season tires is quite the racing feat.

#1658093 - 07/18/07 12:16 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Of course, you know what everyone expect from tires, so I am 100% sure you are right about peoples low expectations. Do you use your gift of insight to win the lottery every week too?

I don't race period. And yes, all cars in CA are crippled. That's where "Crip's" came from.

#1658135 - 07/18/07 12:28 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
nyisles Offline
Post Master Supreme

If putting mods on a car that don't make it faster is "ricer" then you people that feel this way are complete, morons.

When someone lists stuff like curtains and headlight bulbs (not even the headlights themselves, just the fucking BULBS) in a "mod" list then it's hard to take them seriously. "Mods" generally require some semblance of effort to install, a far cry from swapping out your headlight bulbs.

Quote:
My Q is a nice, big, luxo-car. It's fun to drive, I like it and get far too many compliments on it to take anything you "racer" bois have to say trying to put it and me down.

Only because the tinted-window ***MOD*** keeps them from seeing the interior

#1658154 - 07/18/07 12:32 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

This thread really delivers. I've never seen such painful ignorance in someone so far out of high school. It's like all the attitudes of a 17 year old ricer being fought for by someone with more experience in debating but the 17 year old's car knowledge.

#1658185 - 07/18/07 12:38 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
ResisterGo Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Buffalo NY
Originally Posted By: beerslurpy
This thread really delivers. I've never seen such painful ignorance in someone so far out of high school. It's like watching a monkey try to fuck a football.

Fixed.

Page 11 of 19 « First<910111213>Last »

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads