Page 9 of 19 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
#1651392 - 07/16/07 04:54 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: So. Cali
Originally Posted By: scootergeek
Maybe I should give the Volvo the VIP treatment. Other than the fact that the 9-series wagon used the exact same chassis as the former flagship 7-series wagon, it's got no badge engineering on it (only part bigger than a bolt shared with the "base" 240 is the rear two-pot calipers).

There's nothing like the Swedish austere approach to luxury.

cheers,
scott

honestly, if you don't throw a twin turbo v8 into it, it would just be a shame NOT to VIP that car \:D

seriously, wtf not? see, if you drop some tassel love on the rear view mirror, you can put some tint stripes on the windshield in a half-circle, centered at the rear view mirror. then when you pitch it into a turn and it is rocking the fierce volvo lean, you can use the tint stripes and where the tassel dangles as a ghetto low budget g-meter--or worse, a straight up lean meter. write at dead center: you playin'. write all the way at the sides: nigga you ballin it nigga, roll dat thang!

civicbooty: as long as you aren't armenian in so cal, or any kind of asian here, you'll be most obscured from police attention in the RL (because it's a piece of shit fwd v6 crapfest), and then the q. the bmw will get you pulled over simply due to applicable profilng: armo and asian drivers in cheap ass bmw's drive like morons.

side note: just loaded the dreaded cobb stg 2 map back onto my car, since i have a full exhaust again. omg it's gonna blowed up! er, no, not really \:\)

i'm thinking of leaving the car as is, since i can sell the AP for nearly what i paid for it, and the exhaust will draw similar amounts, assuming i don't rally between now and december. related note: someone please stop me from driving is350's. a/c seats, some balls, and the fact that it looks good in white are starting to make me forget it doesn't come in stick

Videos
#1651561 - 07/16/07 05:46 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: jsmonet]
B15Sentra Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Bay Area, CA
HOLY SHIT! I'M RICH!!!!! I'M RICH!!!!

IDIOTS ON E-BAY ARE SELLING Q45 ENGINES FOR WAY UNDER $10K!!!! I'M GOING TO PROFIT THOUSANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Infi...sspagenameZWDVW
($1250)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-03-Inf...sspagenameZWDVW
($800)

Edit: Btw, about your "all-aluminum" engines, any 96+ Nissan Maxima also comes with an all-aluminum engine. Mad rare tech, yo.

Also, the engines did not lose 90% of their value because they're used.

Edited by B15Sentra (07/16/07 05:49 PM)

#1651580 - 07/16/07 05:51 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: civicbooty]
B15Sentra Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Originally Posted By: civicbooty
man all you f-ing haters are ghey

his car is dope and the tassles and pillow and curtains are all minor, and you wont even see it unless your in the damn car cause that shit is soo tinted out... so why hate? not like you actually have to go inside his fucking car retards...

i said it in the last post i will say it again

minus the tassel, pillow and magazine, Very dope ride, aside for the minor things mentioned but again THATS JUST MINOR...

im looking to get a big body sedan myself cause the sport compact profiling out here is getting ridicules... i dont have many mods and its going to stay that way but damn do i draw alot of attention from cops and my car is very lightly modded and very simple and clean

Im going to find myself a 2001 acura Rl... or a 2001 BMW 530i or my last option, the q45...

personly im just going to lower it, put some rims on it , and tint the sucker... but thats pretty much it... well unless i get teh 530i then i would love to have the m5 bumpers on there... or the 540 sport bumpers... and of course the newschool mesh rims (not the oldschool mesh style looking ones)

if this thread still has some life left in it im sure ppl are going to start flaming the idea of m5 bumpers on the 530 but so what, it looks cool so FU & GTFO!

What went through your head when you chose your user name?

"Let's see...HotBoi69Civic...XxXCivicXxX...damn, everything is taken...oh what about civicbooty in all lowercase? Success!!"

Honestly who gives a fuck about minor? They're there and in poor taste. Fuck off, stupid.

Also, making a 530i look like an M5 is a crime punishable by BMW snob death. Even the circle jerkers on bimmerforums won't appreciate that.

#1651621 - 07/16/07 06:02 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: B15Sentra ]
shigma2k2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Backroads of CT
Once again, putting m5 bumpers on a car that isn't an m5 is trying to make your car something its not. Why are there so many posers in this thread?
#1651748 - 07/16/07 06:40 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: NoiZe]
VR4Whore Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Across The Ditch
I have nothing to add but some man stuff

#1651800 - 07/16/07 06:59 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: VR4Whore]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

please don't post that landyacht of a camaro.

#1651837 - 07/16/07 07:12 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: jsmonet]
VR4Whore Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Across The Ditch
Hell my Camaro isnt exactly small either ,but the new Camaro just looks soo damn good

#1651908 - 07/16/07 07:33 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: VR4Whore]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

i'm still in a state of disbelief that it weighs more than a gto. gm comes up with some nice ass motors...but some very odd automobiles. it's attractive, but so heavy. I can't think of a good reason for it to weigh that much and only have 2 doors

#1652048 - 07/16/07 08:05 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: jsmonet]
skierd Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Fairbanks, AK
Because coupes are the shit, and anything named "camaro" needs to be a coupe.

Originally Posted By: kdfalk
Of course putting curtains in a car does not make it a luxury car, the Q45 IS a fucking luxury car.
Simpson didn't kill Dale Earnhardt. His belts were improperly mounted, but they still did their job. His head was nearly torn from his body from the impact and lack of a Hans device. He died of "basal skull fracture" and I know people who were there at the track and among the first to see him. We're still the #1 safety brand. And in NHRA, even the Impact guys are wearing our new 7 point harnesses. If you're going to stop wearing the best brand in motorsports safety because your all jealousy over my Q, you're pathetic.

The Q45 was and is a "near luxury" car. Can't afford an S class, 7 series, or XJ8? You buy a Q45.

Earnhart also wore an open face helmet, real safety nut that guy. Simpson isn't bad stuff (though, Earnharts's belts DID fail) but there is certainly other stuff of higher quality out there. Nothing I've tried from Simpson fits comfortably or feels as good as its competitor's product imo, especially when you start considering price. Sparco and Bell FTW.

#1652162 - 07/16/07 08:28 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: stickaz_old]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Detox
Originally Posted By: stickaz

such as a chanNel watch. esp. in white. with diamonds. lots.

oooooooooooooo

Any way you slice it, it's worth more than the Sentra with a leopard pillow.

#1652193 - 07/16/07 08:37 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: MurderHornetVR6]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

so what you're saying is, you're worse than a riceboy: you're all about the bling.

way to go.

#1652226 - 07/16/07 08:44 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: jsmonet]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: jsmonet
so what you're saying is, you're worse than a riceboy: you're all about the bling.

way to go.

wrist rice, biotch

#1652273 - 07/16/07 08:52 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: MurderHornetVR6]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

nothin compared to da ice in mah grill, bitch-ICE IN MAH MUHFUCKIN GRILL

read a book, nigga http://youtube.com/watch?v=gWqa7cbdOC8

#1652285 - 07/16/07 08:56 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: jsmonet]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

nothin compared to da ice in mah grill, bitch-ICE IN MAH MUHFUCKIN GRILL

read a book, nigga http://youtube.com/watch?v=gWqa7cbdOC8

i kant reed

#1652299 - 07/16/07 09:02 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: MurderHornetVR6]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

you better have watched that. it's hilarious

#1652308 - 07/16/07 09:04 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: jsmonet]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

you better have watched that. it's hilarious

no sound at work \:\(

#1652341 - 07/16/07 09:17 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: MurderHornetVR6]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
seriously I want to thank johnso for this thread \:D

kdfalk: your car looks good on the outside for what it is, don't get me wrong. but the interior makes me laugh

#1652460 - 07/16/07 10:19 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: stickaz_old]
johnso2.6 Offline
350Z enthusiast
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: stickaz
seriously I want to thank johnso for this thread \:D

*takes bow*

I've been off site at meetings for work and haven't had a chance to check in on this shiz.....but I got a reminder today leaving the gym. I saw the *EXACT* model/color Q45 in question right in front of me. Pretty surprising considering their, uh, wild popularity. \:\/

Quote:
the Q45 IS a fucking luxury car.

You're out of your fucking gourd you JDM suck job artist.

What a dull piece of marginal mid-90s dogshit. Honestly, his pictures and FART wheels or whatever they're called really help that thing along. Holy hell that car is absolutely nothing special. I followed him onto the highway and got a good look from all angles. He couldn't even get away from me with his $10K engine.

Just fucking stop, man. YOU'VE ACTUALLY DEFENDED THE FAUX WOOD....complete with evidence of magazine editor's mistakes! I really don't think you could try any harder. REALLY.

.....and you must really roll with a busted crew if they're on your nuts about this car and the VIP/EXE/ICE/JDM experiencez in the back of that heap....you fucking graduated ricer you.

Oh, and the black paint on the Q I saw looked like open ass. Sure, yours is polished up, but can we get a high noon, direct sun spot picture of the hood? Swirls and spider webs galore! No more nice angles and advantageous lighting situations. ;\)

#1653154 - 07/17/07 02:44 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: Impulsive]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Spring Hill, FL
Originally Posted By: Impulsive
My friends 1998 Sebring looked about the same.

Exactly. Dodge is well known for their luxury hardwood interiors. Oh wait.

#1653451 - 07/17/07 08:38 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
SiliconX Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Calgary, AB
I think this thread is one of the best reads on CSi.

Too funny.

#1653489 - 07/17/07 08:54 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: East of St. Louis
Originally Posted By: beerslurpy
Originally Posted By: Impulsive
My friends 1998 Sebring looked about the same.

Exactly. Dodge is well known for their luxury hardwood interiors. Oh wait.

Dude, we rock that VIP woodgrain inside and out.

And don't forget our fine Corinthian Leather.

Motherfucking EXE or what?

cheers,
scott

#1654027 - 07/17/07 11:31 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: skierd]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: So-Cal
Originally Posted By: skierd
The Q45 was and is a "near luxury" car. Can't afford an S class, 7 series, or XJ8? You buy a Q45.

Earnhart also wore an open face helmet, real safety nut that guy. Simpson isn't bad stuff (though, Earnharts's belts DID fail) but there is certainly other stuff of higher quality out there. Nothing I've tried from Simpson fits comfortably or feels as good as its competitor's product imo, especially when you start considering price. Sparco and Bell FTW.

Earnharts belts did NOT fail, and that was the final conclusion. His death was basal skull fracture, his spinal cord at the base of his skull basically tore in half. The belts were improperly mounted, but they held him in his seat. If he was wearing Hans, he would still be racing.

Sparco and Bell FTW huh? You gonna rock the BELL handlebar horn with your BELL helmet? The ONLY thing Bell make that's any good are the helmets, the firesuits are a joke. Sparco too huh? Euro fag-boy much? Ohhhhh Sparco!! WEEEEE!!! Sparco has been trying to buy Simpson for the past 5 years because of our reputation and production which is second to NONE. Simpson is NUMBER ONE because of our product line, history and reputation. Our products are repeatedly chosen with comfort always a big factor, and of course, in racing, safety is first. What exactly have you ever even tried of ours? All our suits are made right here where I work, in Cali. Most of our helmet line is made in Texas, the rest come from Japan (besides the MX stuff, which pretty much all comes from China no matter the brand, Fox, etc.). Our Platinum belts have the highest breaking force of ANY belts made. So stick that up your uneducated brain, since you obviously have no idea what you're speaking of.

Now onto Jonestown, why don't you just drink the red cool-aid, it's really tasty. You saw one EXACTLY like mine huh, and he RACED you??? LOlololoLOLOLLLOLOl. What a fucking idiot. The ONLY car I've ever lost to was an E55, and those fuckers are fast. An IS300 couldn't leave me at all. I never said the Q is a super fast car, but it holds it's own nicely. The paint quality is something they're known for, and mine is an exceptional example. Spider webs, or swirls? You do realize that's all in CLEAR COAT you fucktard, or don't you? Any one with a polisher and some various grades of Meguiars can make a clear coat look great, it's the paint underneath that makes the difference. Last time I checked, Honda paint was about 1 layer. The Q has thick, glossy, deep paint. And in almost 10 years on the road, there is NOT ONE SINGLE door ding on my car, anywhere. It's a fucking 4000 pound tank.

Lets see here, it's got faux wood, but you can't tell, again, only on 97-98 models. Ooooooohh big fuckin deal, do Cadillacs like your butt buddy mentioned have real wood? What about Lincoln Town Cars? Aren't they luxury brands? Your Acura is a "near luxury" brand, but Infiniti and Lexus are firmly established as luxury brands.

Do Nissan Sentras from my cars generation have:
auto lights
auto dim rear view
auto climate control
auto exit drivers seat (seat slides back, wheel moves up and forward when key removed)
speed sensing wipers
20 position intermitent wiper speed
ambient cabin lighting
near silent cabin at high speed
electronically limited to 150 mph
TCS you can turn off
Viscious LSD
4 piston front calipers
front & rear factory strut tower braces

Any of that stuff? A single one of those items? That was pretty impressive 10 years ago, and still holds it's own. Fuck, does your Acura have any of that stuff besides auto lights & climate control? I doubt it.

I live right next to multi million dollar homes, I see those rich fucks driving older luxury cars, including, *gasp* q45's of every generation, even the much older 1st gen! Oh noes, they must be crazy driving those Nissan parts bin Sentras!! Do you realize the Nissan Cima has been around for a long time? It's no parts bin special made for America, it was always a high-line Japanese model they decided to re-badge for the US.

Corintian leather was made up by Chrysler ad exec's.

#1654120 - 07/17/07 11:50 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do Nissan Sentras from my cars generation have:
4 piston front calipers

No, but neither does your car, your car has 2 piston front brakes. This I know because I spent a fair bit of time looking at OEM Nissan brake options for my 240sx's

#1654162 - 07/17/07 11:59 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

No, it's got the same front calipers as the 300z had. Many people instead of doing Skyline brake upgrades just use Q45 calipers. The first gen Q had 2 piston calipers for sure, but I could be wrong on that.

#1654266 - 07/17/07 12:24 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
daemon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: West Columbia, SC
I just realized that the 1991 Taurus SHO I had was ICE. I'm sorry guys \:\( At least it was faster than a Q45.
#1654280 - 07/17/07 12:29 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: daemon]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Do you have any clue, any at all, what ICE is? In. Car. Entertainment. You had DVD screens in 1991? ICE is not what your car IS, it's what you car has, or doesn't have.

Faster? 1/4 mile is almost identical, and woop-tee-doo, it's .5 seconds quicker to 60, but maxes out at 143 while the Q is limited to 150. Sorry, go back in your fucking hole dumbass.

#1654281 - 07/17/07 12:30 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: daemon]
Impulsive Online   nohc
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
So intermittent wipers, auto dimming interior lights (chev Cavalier anyone?), braces to hold the flexy flyer together, defeatable traction control and a speed limiter = luxo?

Holy shit - my Mom's 2000 Olds Intrigue is BALLER!

The only real luxo feature I see there is an auto dimming rear view (Does it have Homelink at least) and the auto exit seat (I disable mine anyways, it's annoying). But you probably still have manual tilt and halogen lights.

You are not impressing anyone.

#1654285 - 07/17/07 12:31 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
pete5332000 Offline

Loc: 7426 Hubbard Avenue, Middleton...
Multi million dollar homes in southern California? What is that, like a 2 bedroom condo over some smelly <insert favorite ethnic food> restaurant?
'00 Civic Si '90 GMC Sierra (broken) '88 Chevy 1/2 ton (fixed) Oh, this is the new, kinder, gentler SvA. None of that sarcastic, hateful, flaming for the sake of flaming crap. We're just gonna discuss tech stuff & get along with everyone. If you like, later on we're gonna toast marshmallows & make smores around a burning barrel of diesel while the diabetics & Atkins freaks sing kumbaya & braid each others' hair. - NOHC

#1654291 - 07/17/07 12:32 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, it's got the same front calipers as the 300z had. Many people instead of doing Skyline brake upgrades just use Q45 calipers. The first gen Q had 2 piston calipers for sure, but I could be wrong on that.

The 1990-1996 Q45 all used the same front brake calipers and they were a 2 (two) piston unit and they are most definitely NOT the 300ZX brakes.

#1654295 - 07/17/07 12:33 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: Impulsive]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Where did I say auto dimming lights? Auto dimming REAR VIEW MIRROR. It does have a feature though where when a door is open, the lights get brighter ONLY at that door.

Yes sir, it also has Homelink. Manual tilt though? You must have missed where I spelled it out as the auto exit feature: THE SEAT MOVES BACK AND STEERING WHEEL MOVES UP AND FORWARD WHEN KEY IS REMOVED.

#1654299 - 07/17/07 12:33 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: max

The 1990-1996 Q45 all used the same front brake calipers and they were a 2 (two) piston unit and they are most definitely NOT the 300ZX brakes.

Ooooo kaaaay, but my Q is not a 90-96

#1654304 - 07/17/07 12:35 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
Anonymous
Unregistered

What year is it?
#1654310 - 07/17/07 12:36 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

It's a 98, the 97-01 Y33 chassis.

#1654360 - 07/17/07 12:47 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
Mr. Knowitall. Offline
**banned**
Post Master Sr

lol I got banned last time I posted that. Good show chaps.

#1654363 - 07/17/07 12:47 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
NoiZe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Nashville, TN
Viscous LSD aka plates in goo? YAWN! Welcome to 1989 where lots of NON-luxury cars had this OEM. A viscous coupler is outdated left over crap these days.

And 150mph?!?! YAWN! Hoo pee shat. The Q is slow, dude. Tout it as old Nissan "luxury", but please don't tout it as performance. Anyone with a "multimillion dollar home" rolling a Q45 needs a taser to the nutsack. For a little bit more for your older luxury car why not have bought- Oh I dunno- a BMW M5 which doesn't totally suck in performance and wouldn't depriciate nearly as badly as your car has.

Calling out Johnso's Acura earlier with anything Nissan is bad comedy. Carlos Ghosn has turned Nissan into a parts bin monstrosity, and was the first to market orange peel as real paint to consumers who were too stupid to refuse it. He also has a quote saying that Nissan door handles last too long and they need to cheapen them. Honda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nissan

Page 9 of 19 « First<7891011>Last »

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads