Page 13 of 19 « First<1112131415>Last »
Topic Options
#1660696 - 07/18/07 10:47 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: East of St. Louis
Originally Posted By: kdfalk
I know more about sports & race cars than probably any single one of you.

No.

And an RX-7 is not a sports car, it's a sports coupe.

And most cars raced with the SCCA are not sports cars.

This is a sports car:

This is not:

Is:

Is not:

Yes:

No:

Simple really.

cheers,
scott

Videos
#1660803 - 07/18/07 11:20 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
Scargoes Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: High Dessert
Originally Posted By: scootergeek
I know more about sports & race cars than probably any single one of you.

No.

And an RX-7 is not a sports car, it's a sports coupe.

And most cars raced with the SCCA are not sports cars.Simple really.

cheers,
scott

Hey! Where are the images of the MGB or MG Midget?

#1660868 - 07/18/07 11:35 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: Scargoes]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Scargoes
Hey! Where are the images of the MGB or MG Midget?

Well, the Midget is a rebodied Sprite, so I got that one covered and after years of intensive research, British scientists have discovered that the MGB is in fact a tractor and not a car at all. Who knew?

cheers,
scott

#1660903 - 07/18/07 11:51 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
Scargoes Offline
Post Master Sr

British scientists have discovered that the MGB is in fact a tractor and not a car at all. Who knew?

cheers,
scott

You, Sir, are too cruel. Now I gotta go out and trash this 1965 tractor cause it aint a sports car \:\(

#1660918 - 07/18/07 11:55 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
Scargoes Offline
Post Master Sr

kdfalk, I wanna drive your car. I'm in CA. I live next to Willow Springs(what a coincidence). Track time is cheap. I have never lost it in turn 9 but I have a couple time going over turn 6.

Oh Snap!! I just realised my truck is VIP. It has curtains and pillows

#1660930 - 07/19/07 12:03 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: Scargoes]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Spring Hill, FL
I heart bugeye sprites. But I like fuel injection also.

And you forgot the sports car that my car secretly wishes it was:

#1660974 - 07/19/07 12:38 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: Scargoes]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Scargoes
You, Sir, are too cruel. Now I gotta go out and trash this 1965 tractor cause it aint a sports car \:\(

There's a guy that lives near my father-in-law that has this nice, old, sprawling 2 story brick house on a corner that my wife and I have always liked. In years past, he had a rubber-bumpered, BRG MGB and Sandi and I would joke that we'd buy the house if they'd throw in the car. Then about two years ago he sold the BRG MGB and bought a chrome bumpered red MGB, and even though I hate red cars, I began to think, "I don't know who this guy is, but I want his life". Then last year he parked a red MGB GT next to the red MGB and now I'm looking for online sources for unregistered firearms because it's just too much to be resisted.

Long story non-sequitered, British tractors>>>>>>>>>>Japanese curtains.

cheers,
scott

#1660985 - 07/19/07 12:44 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
daemon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: West Columbia, SC
FB Rx7 ftw.
#1660991 - 07/19/07 12:46 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ok, sportscar:

Not a sportscar:

\:D

BTW, as far as Spridgets go, you can buy aftermarket aluminum crossflow heads for the A-series motor and then add fuel injection using Weber-styled throttle bodies and break well into the mid-100 horsepower range. You just can't do it for even close to the price of building a 300hp Miata.

cheers,
scott

#1661000 - 07/19/07 12:53 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: daemon]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: daemon
FB Rx7 ftw.

I took a photography class in 7th grade and the first picture I took (I still have a print) was of an FB. I still think they're a thing of understated beauty, and unlike the 944 clone FC or the British/Italian cottage industry sport coupe compilation that the FD is*, it's an original looking car.

*I still think the FD is the single best looking vehicle to ever come out of Japan, but it's not an original shape.

cheers,
scott

#1661025 - 07/19/07 01:07 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wouldn't putting FI and a new manifold on a sprite cost less than turboing a miata? I mean, you're essentially doing the same amount of work, only without a turbo. Is the manifold super expensive or something?

Still, "breaking into the 100hp range" is not something I would really get a lot of joy from doing unless the vehicle were very small, like a skateboard or a scooter.

#1661164 - 07/19/07 04:06 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
FUSION Offline
Grass Killa
Post Master Supreme

#1661165 - 07/19/07 04:09 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: beerslurpy
Wouldn't putting FI and a new manifold on a sprite cost less than turboing a miata? I mean, you're essentially doing the same amount of work, only without a turbo. Is the manifold super expensive or something?

There's not a lot of point of doing much more than larger SU's or a single Weber on an A-series until you replace the non-crossflow head, and those aren't cheap. Most A-series tuning consists of mild porting of the head and big (relatively speaking) capacity increases.

cheers,
scott

#1661243 - 07/19/07 06:43 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
ResisterGo Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Buffalo NY

Sports car or not, that's fuckin' SEXY. \:o

Though I can't help but question whether it should be in a thread that reeks of faggotry worse than Richard Simmons lubing up Liberace with Crisco. It's just not right.

#1661673 - 07/19/07 10:27 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ResisterGo]
daemon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: West Columbia, SC
Well, I found 2 Q45's on ebay under $2k within 500 miles my area. Maybe I should snatch them up and sell the really expensive all-aluminum engines that they have. These suckers must not know what they're practically giving away.
#1661781 - 07/19/07 11:02 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ResisterGo]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: ResisterGo

Sports car or not, that's fuckin' SEXY. \:o

Agreed, I much prefer Alfa's GT cars (in this case a Gran Turismo Alleggerita) to their proper sports cars.

Quote:

Though I can't help but question whether it should be in a thread that reeks of faggotry worse than Richard Simmons lubing up Liberace with Crisco. It's just not right.

It started funny for the first 6 pages or so, but I think it needs all the threadjacking it can get now.

cheers,
scott

#1661960 - 07/19/07 11:46 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
DWalk Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: NV
I haven't had more fun reading an SvA thread since the Rick King days.
#1663356 - 07/19/07 05:36 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: DWalk]
B15Sentra Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Bay Area, CA
I knew Scott would chime in with the purist sports car reach-around.

I agree with him about what is and is not a sports car, however I was trying to drop the topic. \:\)

#1663389 - 07/19/07 05:51 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: B15Sentra ]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: B15Sentra
I knew Scott would chime in with the purist sports car reach-around.

\:D

And I don't even really like them, I'm all about fixed head sport coupes and GT cars. But a sports car what it is.

cheers,
scott

#1663546 - 07/19/07 06:33 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: shigma2k2]
civicbooty Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: jsmonet
Maybe I should give the Volvo the VIP treatment. Other than the fact that the 9-series wagon used the exact same chassis as the former flagship 7-series wagon, it's got no badge engineering on it (only part bigger than a bolt shared with the "base" 240 is the rear two-pot calipers).

There's nothing like the Swedish austere approach to luxury.

cheers,
scott

honestly, if you don't throw a twin turbo v8 into it, it would just be a shame NOT to VIP that car \:D

seriously, wtf not? see, if you drop some tassel love on the rear view mirror, you can put some tint stripes on the windshield in a half-circle, centered at the rear view mirror. then when you pitch it into a turn and it is rocking the fierce volvo lean, you can use the tint stripes and where the tassel dangles as a ghetto low budget g-meter--or worse, a straight up lean meter. write at dead center: you playin'. write all the way at the sides: nigga you ballin it nigga, roll dat thang!

civicbooty: as long as you aren't armenian in so cal, or any kind of asian here, you'll be most obscured from police attention in the RL (because it's a piece of shit fwd v6 crapfest), and then the q. the bmw will get you pulled over simply due to applicable profilng: armo and asian drivers in cheap ass bmw's drive like morons.

side note: just loaded the dreaded cobb stg 2 map back onto my car, since i have a full exhaust again. omg it's gonna blowed up! er, no, not really \:\)

i'm thinking of leaving the car as is, since i can sell the AP for nearly what i paid for it, and the exhaust will draw similar amounts, assuming i don't rally between now and december. related note: someone please stop me from driving is350's. a/c seats, some balls, and the fact that it looks good in white are starting to make me forget it doesn't come in stick

RL IT IS, I DONT CARE THAT ITS A anti performance V6 FWD, I am not buying a new car for the performance hahah Im buying it to look like i gotz $$$$$$(end sarcastic tone) hahaha LOL
Originally Posted By: B15Sentra
Originally Posted By: civicbooty
man all you f-ing haters are ghey

his car is dope and the tassles and pillow and curtains are all minor, and you wont even see it unless your in the damn car cause that shit is soo tinted out... so why hate? not like you actually have to go inside his fucking car retards...

i said it in the last post i will say it again

minus the tassel, pillow and magazine, Very dope ride, aside for the minor things mentioned but again THATS JUST MINOR...

im looking to get a big body sedan myself cause the sport compact profiling out here is getting ridicules... i dont have many mods and its going to stay that way but damn do i draw alot of attention from cops and my car is very lightly modded and very simple and clean

Im going to find myself a 2001 acura Rl... or a 2001 BMW 530i or my last option, the q45...

personly im just going to lower it, put some rims on it , and tint the sucker... but thats pretty much it... well unless i get teh 530i then i would love to have the m5 bumpers on there... or the 540 sport bumpers... and of course the newschool mesh rims (not the oldschool mesh style looking ones)

if this thread still has some life left in it im sure ppl are going to start flaming the idea of m5 bumpers on the 530 but so what, it looks cool so FU & GTFO!

What went through your head when you chose your user name?

"Let's see...HotBoi69Civic...XxXCivicXxX...damn, everything is taken...oh what about civicbooty in all lowercase? Success!!"

Honestly who gives a fuck about minor? They're there and in poor taste. Fuck off, stupid.

Also, making a 530i look like an M5 is a crime punishable by BMW snob death. Even the circle jerkers on bimmerforums won't appreciate that.

UH STFU AND GTFO i dont care what BMW SNOBS THINK I WANT MY CAR TO LOOK THE WAY I WANT IT TO and civicbooty, only cause civicduty was already taken
Originally Posted By: shigma2k2
Once again, putting m5 bumpers on a car that isn't an m5 is trying to make your car something its not. Why are there so many posers in this thread?
not trying to make it look like an m5, i wouldnt even bother debadging a 525 or a 530 if i did put m5 bumpers on the car, m5 bumpers just look better IMO

#1664286 - 07/19/07 10:06 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
Scargoes Offline
Post Master Sr

nice, old, sprawling 2 story brick house on a corner /
red MGB GT next to the red MGB

House sounds like a typical British country home. But I don't like the GTs too much. The rubber bumper cars all need to be rolled off a cliff. I don't see how people like the rubber bumpered 1973 MGB the most. Or how they like the 1967 chrome bumpered car the best of all the chrome bumpered cars. My 65 is exactly like the 67 with the exception that mine only has a PCV valve. Same 5 main engine, same size SUs, ect. but for some reason they like the 67 better. Fools I tell ya. Sure my car doesn't have an OD trans or a syncro on 1st gear, but who cares. I like my B just the way it is, Minilites and all.

#1664600 - 07/19/07 11:36 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: Scargoes]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
my pops used to have an mgb when he was younger. does that make him cool?

lmfao @ kviphomo about knowing more about cars then everyone in here.

#1665237 - 07/20/07 08:38 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
normaspirated Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nevada
Now I can post this without feeling ashamed! My secret favorite hard on!

#1665377 - 07/20/07 09:16 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: normaspirated]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

I still don't understand why they didn't release a version with the Celica GT-S motor and make a poor man's Elise. I think it would have sold better, at least to enthusiasts.

cheers,
scott

#1665548 - 07/20/07 09:54 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
ResisterGo Offline
Post Master Supreme

I still don't understand why they didn't release a version with the Celica GT-S motor and make a poor man's Elise. I think it would have sold better, at least to enthusiasts.

cheers,
scott

I've always wondered the same. It might even be better enough that it would make the TOTAL lack of storage space less of an issue for some.

It'd almost be like a mid-engined, high-revving, NA competitor for the Mazdaspeed Miata. Geared correctly, with such a high redline, it might be a fantastic autocross car.

#1665576 - 07/20/07 09:59 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ResisterGo]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

It would have basically been a lotus elise plus a hundred lbs only a lot more comfortable and affordable. Maybe the lotus/toyota engine deal was already in the works at the time?

I still think they should have given us a GTS powered MR-S. Has anyone succeeded in making an MR-S decently fast?

#1665581 - 07/20/07 10:01 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: beerslurpy]
ResisterGo Offline
Post Master Supreme

Well, the swap to the GTS motor has been done quite a few times, from what I gather. And I recall seeing a turbocharged GTS motor in an MR2 once as well... I guess it all depends on your definition of "decently fast", but it sounds like a lot of fun to me
#1665689 - 07/20/07 10:23 AM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ResisterGo]
normaspirated Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nevada
<2200 lbs curb weight + GT-S motor + rwd = hawtness

<2200 lbs curb weight + aftermarket boost - some reliability + rwd = awesomeness/possible s2k and lotus elise killer

I'd be in line for either one of them @ the stealership.

#1666274 - 07/20/07 12:32 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: scootergeek]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton

You an me both. I'm not a smart sports car kinda guy, specially when they have 140 hp. But give it 180, and things change a bit.

#1666587 - 07/20/07 01:59 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: Impulsive]
jsmonet Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: So. Cali
toyota at one time ACTUALLY said that the mr-s couldn't handle the gt-s's motor.

jaws dropped in a classis "you've gotta be fucking kidding" reaction.

#1667535 - 07/20/07 05:13 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: jsmonet]
kdfalk Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: So-Cal
Since you fuckwads (some of you) think you know so much about what a "sports car" is, please explain how cars like 911, Panoz Esperante, Corvette, etc are racing in ALMS "SPORTS CAR RACING".

Here, sure you could fill the ALMS in on their wrongful ways. Eat it.

http://americanlemans.com/assets/pdfs/SportsCarRacingandLeMans.pdf

Historic Sports Car Racing, note is says SPORTS CAR
http://www.hsrrace.com/

Originally Posted By: Wikipedia
Grand Touring (from the Italian word Gran Turismo) racing is the most common form of SPORTS CAR racing

Oh noez, more SPORTS CAR RACING! B b b b b but, they have ROOFS!!!!

I know, I know, I'm a drooling idiot without a clue. I'm not going to name drop all the professional racers I've met at work, at the track or talked with on the phone & emailed, but it's a good bunch of them.

On that note, I removed my tassel today and replaced it with one of these, except I didn't pay $100 for mine, I went to the fabric store and spent $3 on some black rope & made my own:

#1667562 - 07/20/07 05:21 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
ResisterGo Offline
Post Master Supreme

Who the fuck cares?

Jesus... you'd think this thread was about you or something.

#1667657 - 07/20/07 05:51 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
beerslurpy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yeah seriously, DIAF.

#1667952 - 07/20/07 07:32 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Adam7
Oh, and in Le Mans, LMP cars don't have roofs. It's the GT1 and GT2 cars that do.

Err, there *are* closed roof LMP cars. Remember the Bentley Speed 8, the 2003 24HdM LMP1 winner? Or the Mercedes CLR? Or the Porsche 911 GT1? The reason for the decline in the fixed roof cars are because of rules favoring the open roof cars, not because they're not allowed. In fact, they're explicitly allowed in the rules

#1668174 - 07/20/07 08:58 PM Re: VIP/EXE Style???? *dead* [Re: kdfalk]
skierd Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Fairbanks, AK

You do realize the GT in their class designation stands for Grand Touring right? Just because its a race car doesn't mean its a sports car. Fuck, people race pickup trucks and motorcycles too, does that make them sports cars too? Go fuck yourself.

I know, I know, I'm a drooling idiot without a clue.

First truthful thing you've said.

I'm not going to name drop all the professional racers I've met at work, at the track or talked with on the phone & emailed, but it's a good bunch of them.

AND OMG NO WAY YOU WORK FOR A COMPANY THAT SELLS SHIT AND MEET RACE CAR DRIVERS EVERY DAY!!!11! OMG SO JEALOUS!!oneQ!! Do you drive them around in your Q and show them the real VIP treatment with your leopard pillows and VIP magazines? 5 dolla before you make 'em holla? It must be nice being in customer service, answering those phone calls, stocking shelves, and handling tough questions like "Will the red harness match my new black APC seats?" and "Do you have driving suits in leopard print to match my icy-hawt VIP race-kaa?"

Page 13 of 19 « First<1112131415>Last »

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads