Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
its aight

#7670530 - 04/29/14 01:02 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: 137]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
looks like her stroke is a little choppy doe? /didnt stay at a holiday inn recently.

#7670594 - 04/29/14 01:28 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
stickaz, she does swimming as a deload to her weight training. I'm sure things looked a lot better when she wasn't strength training, she's a little leaner and heavier now, around 125-133ish at 5'4". I'm sure it's not as easy to swim with the added lean mass, but I don't know shit about swimming, I just saw a page of soft people and a bunch of arguing.

I'll go back to my corner now.

#7670634 - 04/29/14 01:44 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: 137]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm just hating, its better form than 95% of people that try [making that # up on the spot]. perhaps its the camera angle, looks a little choppy is all.

chicks tend to swim it more hip driven so possibly that is also my general ignorance speaking. Butterfly is something I simply try to survive. I have a huge butterfly kick problem past about lap 2 lol. On my personal 'depth chart' butterfly is a dead last. I barely broke a minute the rare time or two I was forced to compete it in college --which is pathetic to be perfectly frank [100 yards PR of like 58:xx]

tbh I don't see the point of swimming butterfly, hence my annoyance running into an impromptu 'yay butterfly' workout yesterday

#7691365 - 05/13/14 04:38 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

the swim workout that broke me @ masters class in the Y last night

critical component #1: the asian college swimmer from Santa Clara showed up[no, not female, but a dude faster than me]
critical component #2: bike commuted that day, and was tired
critical component #3: decided to push it

200/200/200/200/200 warmup: free, kick, pull, IM, free. as always, warmed up too fast

main set: ladder
50/50, 100/100, 150/150, 200/200, 150/150, 100/100, 50/50
intervals on 1:30 100y pace, aimed for coming in around 1:10 pace

Right at somewhere between the first and second 150 I mentally checked out, couldnt hang, and had to start adding time. Settled around 1:40 and was coming in around 1:25 pace each time. I had hit the wall.

My form was all manners of shit by the 2nd 200 even at the reduced pace. I toughed it out. Felt like a bitch. Workout sucked. the end. The 56 year old in the slow lane [also does tris, hates swimming] was beating my ass something serious after I hit the wall. It wasnt helping that he was laughing about it \:\|

I think this is what caused my insta-burnout

#7691436 - 05/13/14 05:28 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
http://instagram.com/p/nwkO0-hUPB/ 3000 yards... i wonder if her phone was filming the whole workout lol.

#7691441 - 05/13/14 05:34 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: 137]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

3k yards is normal--it's really about the pacing ;\)
and 3k yards of butterfly? no thanks \:\|

#7691884 - 05/14/14 12:32 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
Corytrade Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: NorCal
 Originally Posted By: Something Witty
the swim workout that broke me @ masters class in the Y last night

critical component #1: the asian college swimmer from Santa Clara showed up[no, not female, but a dude faster than me]
critical component #2: bike commuted that day, and was tired
critical component #3: decided to push it

200/200/200/200/200 warmup: free, kick, pull, IM, free. as always, warmed up too fast

main set: ladder
50/50, 100/100, 150/150, 200/200, 150/150, 100/100, 50/50
intervals on 1:30 100y pace, aimed for coming in around 1:10 pace

Right at somewhere between the first and second 150 I mentally checked out, couldnt hang, and had to start adding time. Settled around 1:40 and was coming in around 1:25 pace each time. I had hit the wall.

My form was all manners of shit by the 2nd 200 even at the reduced pace. I toughed it out. Felt like a bitch. Workout sucked. the end. The 56 year old in the slow lane [also does tris, hates swimming] was beating my ass something serious after I hit the wall. It wasnt helping that he was laughing about it \:\|

I think this is what caused my insta-burnout
First off your warmup would have been my whole workout lol. As far as the main set, like "50/50," is that first stroke then free? Seemed pretty brutal after that warm up, but then again I'm a novice. And 200's on the 1:30...insert fuck that picture here lol. I did shave a minute off my 1000, in at 19:07. Mostly due to better turns and focusing more on stroke reach, but still I'm happy. Thinking about doing maybe 1500 or 1800 on thursday, for time.

#7692160 - 05/14/14 09:52 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: Corytrade]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

1:30 is the global interval to 'leave' on per 100, so say come in around 1:10, rest 20 seconds, so 200s on 3:00, etc. the 50s are on :45...

Also I think it was skipping lunch then not eating dinner sufficiently before the workout to be anything other than a completely empty back of crap. User error most likely \:\|

Uff on 1000s for time heh. I lose my mind lol. Consider 200s at the same pace or slightly faster with 10-20s rest? Whatever you can tolerate, eg 5x200 on a 4:00, aim for 10s or more of rest per

#7735981 - 06/16/14 01:02 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

had a much better 'go' at a similar workout last week

was able to comfortably cruise the main set of 8x100 on 1:30 pace. Coach made it an ascending effort set but as always I faded near the end. 1:10 ish first couple 100s then was coming in toward 1:20 and didn't fade any further

:nailedit:
the only real difference was I skipped the bike commute and had lunch. OK thats a pretty big difference

I signed up for a SCM swim meet [short course meters] and the events are all over the place but I just want to get some times for:

50m free [goal: sub 25]
100m free [goal: sub 58 lol]
100m IM [goal: sub 1:05 haha]
100m breast [goal: sub 1:20 comeatmebro]
20 yrs ago I'd [short course meters] hit the 50m in 23:xx and the 100 in 51:xx but that was a long ass time ago], so basically my 50 seems to be close but my 100 isnt on the same planet anymore. Also I wont be shaving lol [or tapering, but not sure tapering is a factor w/2x a week workouts heh]

to see where I'm at. If they had the 500 or 1500 after the sprints I'd do those too but they don't so I won't as the 1500 is similar to the olympic tri swim split more or less--I'd like to break 20 minutes there which is 100s on 1:20s pace [meters doe, so it's kinda moving, thats more like ~1:12 100y pace which is fast workout pace but you've got to do a super long set. I'd probably bonk on 1:10 pace] The faster people do around 17 minutes or so but there is a ton of work to do to get in that kind of shape /I've never really cared to do so

#7785580 - 07/22/14 12:00 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

good workout last night post-alcatraz swim
whole bunch of pure anaerobic 25 sprint free's where I was coming in around 13-4s, on the 1:00, with some drills in between.

then a surprise 6x100 on 1:30 set where we tried to maintain the same pace [lol], I ended up with some nice intervals tho, came in around 1:08, then like 1:12, 1:15, faded a bit and went like 1:20, 1:20, 1:22 and basically was done. I checked my heart rate like a minute after it was over and I was still @ 150

I wonder if I'll ever be able to get back to doing 100s on 1:20 --probably not swimming 2x a week heh.

so good workout for me. not burned out or anything, even tho I probably should be in 'recovery mode'

my backstroke is feeling a little better lately as I've been switching to it vs breastroke as my 'non-free' stroke. I was never any good at it [weakest leg of the IM for me] but I think it's because I never gave a shit.

#7788529 - 07/23/14 11:50 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

100-200-300-400-500-400-300-200-100 ladder tonight
[2500 yds]
held 1:20 interval the 100/200, then down to 1:30, heh and like 1:40 for the 500 lol fail. then back down to 1:30 for the rest.

*one of these days I'll be able to hold 1:30 all practice long
**not at 2-a-week pratices, doe

***I remember back in the day this type of workout meant I was being punished for something

#7912574 - 10/14/14 11:21 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

OMG not an uber distance/slow event

pacific masters short course meters championship, 50m free, top qualifier /woot

trying to sneak myself into a nationals qualifying time. Not quite. Next time I hope! Sprinting is a nice change from all that long/slow burn stuff [only thing I'm good at, tbh]

*center lane, with no cap and the sick black/white jammers

#7912893 - 10/14/14 01:49 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

ballller. what age group category?

been a couple yrs since ive done some racing. *fuck where did the time go

#7912940 - 10/14/14 02:08 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: Euphoricuck]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

old as fuck! /last off the blocks /nailed_it

#7915026 - 10/15/14 02:54 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

I thnk you could take out lane 1 there.

http://swimswam.com/10-things-non-swimmers-will-never-understand-swimming/

#8052696 - 01/20/15 11:07 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: Euphoricuck]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Back in the pool after a strange 4-week downtime consisting of only 2 surf sessions, international vacation, jet lag and a pretty nasty cold.

Returned to find myself substantially slower lol cry. Faded on the RPT 25 sets (race pace), faded on the 6x100 sprints, sucked it on the 200 time trial, and my stroke felt totally off lol (around 15 seconds slower than my last 200 time trial)

I'm still suffering a little from a cold so hopefully that's part of it. Oh well lol that's how swimming goes man

On the other hand I got the courage up to weigh myself at the gym for the first time post holiday fat-session. 195.5# speedo weight pre-workout (194# after w/water loss).

So I'm only up like 2# net with my binging! hopefully I can drop these 2# in under a month or so

#8065135 - 01/28/15 10:06 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

minor update:
after reading a neat article on backstroke in that magazine that US masters swimming sends you I feel WAAAY better with my backstroke.

hard to describe but my upper body and lower body are more connected, and I can 'feel' the 'catch' and the power stroke on my backstroke similar to freestyle now.

just a few more tweaks in body positioning/kick alignment/shoulder rotation/flip turn shennanigans and I should be able to drop a second or 3 on my backstroke leg of an IM

who says old dogs can't learn new tricks? it's totally amazing. Now my stroke rate on backstroke is similar to freestyle. At least in workouts. Still NFC how to sprint backstroke but at least now I feel like I can 'power' down the lane in backstroke rather than just kinda flail around and oddly get to the other end...

http://www.usms.org/articles/articledisplay.php?aid=1932

Quote:

Depth of Catch
The hands should have a catch depth of 10–16 inches and, in a move similar to rowing, “square their blade” as soon as possible. This is the freestyle equivalent of the Early Vertical Forearm and is of primary importance in effecting backward facing palms and forearms. At entry, swimmers should rotate the hand so that palm faces out, allowing the little finger to enter the water first. The hands must create a leverage point to push against the water, while keeping submerged bubbles to a minimum prior to the pull phase. Following the catch, current trends in backstroke point towards a shallower palm path than in previous years. By maintaining the thumb vertically and the fingertips horizontally for longer durations within a cycle, swimmers maximize propulsive forces opposite their direction of travel.

An overall perspective from a side view gives the hand path the appearance of a shallow square root sign. It begins with a downward entry, followed by a quick upward change of direction, leading to a semi-shallow, straight backward direction. Once submerged, the pitch of the hand remains oriented backward throughout the path of the pull/push motion. Too many novice backstrokers pull with the thumb leading and the little finger trailing too early in the stroke. Care should be given to ensure a vertical palm throughout the propulsive phases of the motion. Throughout the pull and push phases, the elbow should point towards the bottom.

Correction point for elbow leading the pull: “Imagine pushing a stack of books.”

CN: I find backstroke kind of exciting now lol. Being less competitive in sprints and less single minded has opened my growth in other areas \:D

my backstroke isnt fast or anything dont get me wrong, it just feeeeeeels so much better with a solid catch. Rather than having my hands miss the catch actually driving and powering through the water with a freestyle-ish catch is amaaaze

CN^2: I blame my coaches my entire life

#8067226 - 01/29/15 11:42 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
Just surprised how much you said "stroke" in that post.

I have a lot to learn with swimming. But I love it when I have breakthroughs. Nice work man.
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#8067256 - 01/29/15 11:56 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: Design]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ran into a IM [individual medley] workout last night and un-surprisingly my backstroke leg(s) kinda regressed to what they were before [swimming tired/exhausted form tends to fail]
but I tried to focus on hip elevation, kick, rotation, and 'feeling the stroke power' better and I was doing a little better.

didn't even want to 'drag the lane line' and cheat for half the lap(s) \:D

pre-workout weigh in: 193.5# \:o
holiday binging appears corrected. Post workout was 191#
who says masters workouts arent a bitch? \:D

#8105745 - 02/24/15 03:04 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

update:
Coach said I was "killing it" last night /wewt

in our IM set of 8x100 I was coming in around 1:20 /100y, which is fast for me and I was just nuking my fellow aged masters swimmers. My freestyle leg [last lap] was oddly powerful and I was able to smoke it pretty much through the whole thing [8x100 on 1:45, yea not a hard pace or anything but I was pretty anaerobic]
Butterfly felt ok, backstroke good, breaststroke good, etc. Making subtle improvements everywhere.

also the freestyle set on 1:30 was oddly easy. Not too many months ago it was terrifying

I believe it has something to do with the fact that I moved my 'long run' from Sunday to Saturday so my monday night swim had an extra days rest. I normally roll into practice on mondays fully nuked and waiting to cramp on the first lap of the first kick set

#8108601 - 02/26/15 12:34 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

aaaand that quickly back to under-whelming land

ran into a 'coach gave no fucks' workout

500-400-300-200-100--100-200-300-400-500 ladder

Basically swam for an hour straight with a 200/200/200 swim/kick/pull warmup

my dinner felt like it was coming up the entire time.
I completely cruised and held like 1:35/100y pace and picked it up to around 1:20 on the 100s/yawn

I felt dizzy/nauseas after, wanted to puke for most of that first 500 [right after dinner].

#8109428 - 02/26/15 08:13 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
lessthanmike Offline
Major Member

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
Here was my swim workout for today

warmup
500 Zn1

main set
8 x 25 ALL OUT band on :30 rest
8 x 50 ALL OUT pull on 1:00 rest
8 x 100 ALL OUT pull with paddles on 1:30 rest

cooldown
500 done as (200 ZnR swim + 50 ZnR kick)

NOHC--D, Because she knows I couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a handful of pardons.

#8110673 - 02/27/15 01:29 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: lessthanmike]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

wooo, whats the ZnR stuff?

also are you seriously sprinting w/paddles \:o /wow [my coaches always told me to never do that/risk shoulder injury]

the theory I was told with paddle-usage [I know things change...] is that it is JUST to work on your 'feel' for the stroke/catch/pull and to improve efficiency. This is NOT similar to some kind of 'running around with a weight belt' or otherwise increasing resistance like a weighted exercise.

whats your thinking on that/thanks for sharing

I DO love the 'USRPT' [race-pace-training] that it looks like you're doing [8x25, 8x50, lots of rest, etc]. *brofist*, sprint days are always my favorite days. \:D

#8110734 - 02/27/15 02:05 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
lessthanmike Offline
Major Member

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio
I usually don't have all out's with paddles....they are pretty brutal. And my shoulders are tired when I'm done. It ends up being best effort instead of all out.

The ZnR is what pace I'm supposed to be in...since my coach uses heart rate for running and biking...we use zones for swimming

ZnR: TT pace + 15sec per 100yd
Zn1: TT pace + 10sec per 100yd
Zn2: TT pace + 5sec per 100yd
Zn3: TT pace + 0sec per 100yd
Best Sustainable Effort (BSE): Best average you can hold for entire set
ALL OUT: Hardest you can go for each interval

And the bands are horrible..LOL
I use an old bike intertube and basicly strap my feet together, so there's no kicking pretty much really fast arm turn over to keep yourself up.

Here's what he sent me today

warmup
800 Zn1 swim
main set
2 x (10 x 25 with BSE BAND on :10 rest)
10 x 100 Zn2 swim on :10 rest
cooldown
100 easy pull

NOHC--D, Because she knows I couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a handful of pardons.

#8118129 - 03/05/15 12:23 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: lessthanmike]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Did a 6x100 IM set and came in under 1:30 :D, first set 1:20

Butterfly and backstroke improvements. Underwater backstroke (underwater butterfly kick) I'm doing much better thanks to a drill workout earlier in the week.

Much fun \:D

Can't wait to race the 100 IM in a meet this summer. For not ever being very good in the IM I sure seem to enjoy it these days. Any time coach asks for suggestions for a workout I'm always 'IM' day now .

#8123927 - 03/10/15 12:30 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Busted out a moderate 500y on 6:45 tonight which is a decent improvement from a much harder effort I did late last year and was slower (I think 7:20 heh)
Of course the workout tonight was much easier so I was able to hit it pretty quick. Definitely had a ton left in the tank. Passed the chick in my lane (4) fuckin times in the 500 lol

#8151511 - 03/30/15 02:23 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

entered another masters swim meet [yards this time]

april 12
moraga regional championship [~40 miles away/east bay]

*100 free [57.xx goal, 1 second over NQT]
*100 IM [1:04.xx goal, 2 seconds over NQT]
*50 Free [25:xx goal, ~ at NQT]
*100 breast [1:18 goal, 6 seconds over NQT]
*1500 free [22:4x, ~2.5 minutes over NQT] ~1:16 pace

can't wait \:D

not shaving/tapering so goal times are not going to be impressive \:D [also tapering doesnt apply at 2 workouts/week anyways hah]

so excite \:D

[NQT = nationals qualifying time]
later in the year I will dispense with my abominal snowman look which normally cuts about a sec/50 off my time(s) \:o

#8282848 - 07/09/15 11:03 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

anybody else swimmin'?

had a weird workout today involving a deck of cards [suit = stroke] and the value = yardage in 50s/100s up to the card-puller

also did some 50s/100s of free on more rest than usual and was coming in around 1:08-- 1:12 per 100y free which is fast for me /wee

although I dont care about distance I wonder if I'll ever get down around 21:xx in a 1500m free heh [got one in 2 weeks in a pool], I really, really doubt it lol. Probably 23:xx is what I'll end up with. No experience pacing this distance other than the [2] oly tris I've done which doesnt really compare imo--those were just cruise affairs no attempt at threshold swimming

#8289385 - 07/14/15 01:30 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

so while I am actually only interested in baselineing my 50/100 free in a week and a half I'm sorta curious how I do on the 1500m

I made my own pace-chart conversion to where I'll probably end up: [my 2 Oly tri efforts at this distance have both landed in 27:xx range which I'm simultaneously annoyed with but also ok with as I dont want to venture into a 'too quick for me' pace that tires me out for the rest of it]. Yet the pacing is well below my pool workout pace [normally I baseline around 1:18-1:22 100y for any workout], yea the tri has a sand exit and a short jog and all so I dunno I guess, also sighting and non-ideal routes and bumping into people slow you down but you've got nobody to blame but yourself if slower people are in front of you more or less..

1:35 100y = 1:45.45 100m = 26:22 1500m
1:30 100y = 1:39.9 100m = 25:00 1500m
1:25 100y = 1:34.35 100m = 23:35 1500m
1:20 100y = 1:28.8 100m = 22:12 1500m

NQT 1650y pace = 1:14.56/100y

my pacing suggests a 22:xx would be a typical workout level effort. I do 100s on 1:30 leave [coming in around 1:20] for daaays, so anything slower than 25:00 represents some kind of pacing fuckup. Although 23:xx might be more realistic as there's some rest in there and I usually top out around 10 100s [not 16.4 like in a 1500m] and get a nice chunk of rest after.

Eg last time I swam a 1000y in a pool I went out on 1:09, came back on 1:11 and I was basically cooked lol. Ended up at 13:xx or right around a 1:22/100y pace and there were more than a couple 100s right around 1:30 on my splits lol.

I'm going to see if they'll let me wear my ambit watch which has a 'swim mode' which tells me my last 100y interval if I extend my streamline just a hair and stare at my watch it should give me my split [need to practice this more] so that I can tweak my pace a little. If I just go 1:20 on the button for the first 12 or so that should allow me to negative split a bit on the last 2-3 I hope**

of course any pacing/aids/related are strictly illegal lol. Assuming ref yells at me to take my watch off so I just need to work on the 'feel' of 1:20 pace which I totally have in a workout environment but whenever I step on the blocks in a race I lose it almost completely.

Also been working on turnover/rate/efficiency/working less hard to go fast in a distance event. Not sure I'm making any progress but I'm shortening up my stroke a little, more strokes per length as I tend to overglide a little I think. In a sprint/100% it works for me tho, but I think my arm action is too slow for a distance thing---too much effort/force, too tiring and I end up not going as fast as I could.

I suspect this would be a fun topic to work on over time---efficiency. Which when I brought it up to my coach last night she goes '...and what exactly have you been working on this whole time??' lol. I work on the sprints, the intervals, and working hard hah. Masters swim so far to me has been the OPPOSITE of working on efficiency. I always end up doing the Yeomans job of working hard the entire time and keeping my HR up into zone 4/typical sprint stuff.

I'm sure I wont have it dialed by next week but I'm going to start working on a 'distance specific' stroke and to dial up efficiency, learn the right tempo/analytic metric to figure out where I seem to operate best to bring these 1500m times down to around 22:xx or so without working too hard. I guess what I'm starting to realize is the 1500m is maybe only ~50% conditioning, it's easy 50% efficiency/form as well. My technique needs altering to get faster in this kind of distance.

*NOVEL* **WORDS** tl;dr

http://www.usaswimming.org/ViewNewsArticle.aspx?TabId=1&itemid=5040&mid=8712

*thread on tempo/swimming

#8297979 - 07/21/15 10:16 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

ok that was lame, a 23 year old guy dropped into our workout yesterday and was faster than all of us, completely disrupted our intervals haha.

normally I do 100s leaving on 1:30, coming in around 1:20 for 'moderate' pace and we asked this guy what intervals he would do so we'd guess at where to place him "Oh, around 1:00 or so"

us ???

"so like leaving on 1:10 or so?"

him

"yea"

us... "ok, you go first lol"

and I spent the whole workout revving up my interval so not to backup/lag in the lane/not get lapped.

It was a struggle to not get lapped in the middle of the ladder [400y], where I held ~1:15/100y pace [which is fast and a improvement for me on a distance set] but really I'm trying to focus on efficiency these days and this workout just became a slug-fest. Uggh

I was watching his intervals and coach confirmed he was coming in around 1:10, so perhaps he was over-estimating his speed or had dropped off a little or was just giving us a break. He said he was on the H20 polo team somewhere in minnesota as recently as last year. Ah... makes sense lol

anyways I hope he comes back but I think I'll demote myself a lane \:D

#8298099 - 07/21/15 11:27 AM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thinking about if for this weekend \:D

#8303511 - 07/24/15 03:55 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

1500m results:
24:09 on a 25:00 seed heh

kinda weak, but I was being somewhere between over-and-ultra cautious

also [not a surprise to me] my brain went into taylor-swift land and when the gun/bell rang for the last 50 I would have bet $20 I had another 250m to go. Anyways I knew [?? knew??] I was on the lead 50 so I looked up on what I thought was the finish for the 1300m heh and the timers were standing over me and catching my finish so I guess I was done. Heh.

Oh well I'll call it a workout. I still figure theres a 22:xx hiding in there if I just pace it right, I think I'm more than fit enough.

I was focusing on efficiency and low effort and apparently I nailed it. Wasnt even breathing hard at the end or any of that.

works out to a 1:26/100y pace. I got 2nd in my mid-packer heat probably because I sandbagged my seed slightly more than everybody else.

I'd like to see a 1:20/100y pace in this distance or slightly better the next time I do it in a couple months which would be right around a 22:30

Anyways 200 free is tomorrow morning and I have a ridiculous seed for my current fitness [200m free in 2:14 is super wishful thinking lol], and a 100m breast, and a 50m free. Hopefully I'm not super embarassed by any of these heh.

#8305923 - 07/27/15 12:29 PM Re: Swimmers ? Woo post a workout maybe? [Re: stickaz_old]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads