Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#7712836 - 05/30/14 09:21 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: titty sprinkles]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
So this place sold last year for around $485K (house behind the tree). I was kinda kicking myself for not looking into it as it was a bit of a diamond in the rough from what I saw from the outside.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/423+Mai...e88171f753d8b64

It is back on the market now almost a year to the date: http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14481391

#7712869 - 05/30/14 09:34 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Big Tasty]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
If you go back a couple of days on TOSOLD, there's a custom home in Mississauga that was originally listed for $1.3MM, and sold for $860k or so.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST!

#7712882 - 05/30/14 09:44 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
lots of the mil+ sit for a while and are relisted a lot. At least around here. Ive noticed a good handful in particular that have been on the market for well over a year now.

no cmhc and need dat 20% for 1mil and up. Thats quite a bit more cash needed to close the deal compared to 999999 and down.

Lots of articles about this. High end and low end have floundered for a while. While the middle has frothed to new heights. ready to tumble ;\)

#7712883 - 05/30/14 09:45 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
You think it's going to tumble though? I could see it cooling off, but nothing like what's happened south of the border.

#7712886 - 05/30/14 09:46 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: LNXGUY]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
You think it's going to tumble though? I could see it cooling off, but nothing like what's happened south of the border.
why not?
why are we "special"?

obviously you cant say exactly what will happen and some peopele think itll just keep going up forever(lulz), but this stuff generally returns to the mean.

With normal properties sitting right near 1 mil(in toronto), they are beyond affordable for most. It wont go above 1 mil imo because of the need for the extra scrilla/no cmhc.

Of course there are the "this is the new normal" and houses in toronto are "luxury" for only those that can afford it...anything is possible. I am of the opinion that isnt likely to be the case...but you never know.

pretty much anyone with a solid and worthy opinion on this stuff, worldwide, think we are absolutely retarded.

Doesnt mean you shouldnt own. But it damn well better not be your only asset/savings vehicle. or gnsp.

#7712888 - 05/30/14 09:48 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Euphoricuck]
Lost^
Unregistered

The Jays lost last night, the housing market is crashing today.
#7712941 - 05/30/14 10:09 AM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Euphoricuck]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
why not?
why are we "special"?

Why not? How about our lending practices? You realize why the housing market crashed in the US right?

Your example of the 1 million dollar house is perfect. But unless you can afford that, you aren't getting approved for a mortage. Quite a bit different between that an people making 30k in the US getting approved for 600k mortgages. I'm sure it won't be the locals buying up those million dollar houses, but there's no lack of offshore $$$ to keep the prices in place.

#7713453 - 05/30/14 02:37 PM Re: i need to move, throughing in the towel if you will [Re: Euphoricuck]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
why not?
why are we "special"?

obviously you cant say exactly what will happen and some peopele think itll just keep going up forever(lulz), but this stuff generally returns to the mean.

With normal properties sitting right near 1 mil(in toronto), they are beyond affordable for most. It wont go above 1 mil imo because of the need for the extra scrilla/no cmhc.

Of course there are the "this is the new normal" and houses in toronto are "luxury" for only those that can afford it...anything is possible. I am of the opinion that isnt likely to be the case...but you never know.

pretty much anyone with a solid and worthy opinion on this stuff, worldwide, think we are absolutely retarded.

Doesnt mean you shouldnt own. But it damn well better not be your only asset/savings vehicle. or gnsp.

you're definitely "special"

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads