Page 39 of 65 « First<3738394041>Last »
Topic Options
#6113093 - 02/04/12 11:06 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Back 5]
Jrobski Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Renton WAAAA
Sometimes I really feel for you skinny guys. But then I look down and can't see my wang, and all sympathy disappears.
#6113221 - 02/05/12 12:45 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Back 5]
FireInTheWhole Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Port Orange, FL
 Originally Posted By: Back 5
HX_Guy.....it's going to take you a long time to gain muscle man. It took me 4 years of solid lifting to gain 20 pounds in high school. When I first started out I could barely bench 95 pounds. Then I was up to 265 by the end at 155 pounds.

This is going to take years. This isn't a quick summer fix to look like the cover to Men's Health. This is now and forever going to be a lifestyle change. If you are eating healthy and lifting just to make a figure, you will be entirely disappointed.

However, if you adopt these changes because you see the health benefits and you enjoy lifting at the gym, pushing yourself hard, and feeling great, then welcome to the club.

This.

#6113234 - 02/05/12 12:59 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: FireInTheWhole]
Impulsive Online   nohc
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
Pffft. M&F: 6 weeks to ripped abs and pecs. You guys are following the wrong program.

#6113339 - 02/05/12 06:07 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
 Originally Posted By: HX_Guy
 Originally Posted By: wolfsburg2
You can definitely tell you lost a Ton of weight HX!!! You just need to keep hittin the weights to get sexier looking when naked.

Yea man I'm working on it but damn, I'm starting to think I'm a hard gainer or something because I've been lifting now for 4 months (3 months on, 1 month off, 1 month on) and hontestly looking at the pictures it just looks like I dieted, not dieted + lifted. I'm going to keep at it for of course, I mean what other option it there, but it is a little discouraging.

Rumble is probably the WORST example to follow for progress, for one he's like a fucking tri athelete, he just didn't decided to get off of his couch and in 3 months he had that chest and abs. Dude's always in shape and is a catchweight, if he's lazy he looks like he does on the left, if he's on his shit he looks like that on the right. If you're friends with him on facebook you see how he eats when he's not taking training serious. But keep in mind that body on the right will always be nested under his little fast food body and is easily re-attainable for him.

I do the same thing he does and I damn sure don't have pronounced pecs or a 6 pack lol. So don't go slitting your wrists and getting discouraged you don't look like him after 6 weeks.

#6113345 - 02/05/12 06:34 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: 137]
Rumbelstiltskin Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: So Cal
Yup. I look bad when I don't work out and pig out. I look like my before and after picture every year. haha.

HX, I wouldn't worry much about losing weight or how you look at the moment. I would concentrate on form and getting stronger. Eat a lot but eat clean. Lift a lot and lift heavier.

Most people think they are hard gainers because of the inconsistency in the lifting and diet.

#6113355 - 02/05/12 07:16 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Rumbelstiltskin]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

That's what I'm saying!!! Eat lots of good food, lift lots of good weight

#6113592 - 02/05/12 10:32 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Back 5]
HX_Guy Offline
Please blame any typos on my executive assistant
Post Master Supreme

HX_Guy.....it's going to take you a long time to gain muscle man. It took me 4 years of solid lifting to gain 20 pounds in high school. When I first started out I could barely bench 95 pounds. Then I was up to 265 by the end at 155 pounds.

Damn man that's impressive, 265lbs when you weigh 155? That's nuts. I'd like to just bench my own body weight at least. \:\)

Quote:
This is going to take years. This isn't a quick summer fix to look like the cover to Men's Health. This is now and forever going to be a lifestyle change. If you are eating healthy and lifting just to make a figure, you will be entirely disappointed.

However, if you adopt these changes because you see the health benefits and you enjoy lifting at the gym, pushing yourself hard, and feeling great, then welcome to the club.

It already is part of my lifestyle now. Hitting the gym to lift is a must during my week and if I can't make it one day, I make it up (for example this week I couldn't go Monday, so I switched my schedule from M-W-F to T-Th-S and did cardio on W-F.) I actually love going to lift, the challenge of it, the way I feel afterwards..and eventually the results. ;\) The cardio stuff I still dread through but I know I have to do it. When I started I definitely had these timelines in my head...like in 3 months I expect this and that but that has changed. The growth is slower than I thought it would be and my mentality is more "Just keep going indefinitely". Having said that, I would still like by the beginning of June to have some noticeable muscle gains. \:\)
2022 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate

#6113654 - 02/05/12 11:27 AM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: RI
The cardio stuff I still dread through but I know I have to do it.

Pffft. No need to dread that. That's the easy part, IMHO.

I realized early in my latest foray into cycling that the first 4 miles are miserable. Then I get warmed up and find my rhythm and it's all good from there.

That's how I approach cardio now--work through the initial misery and then just settle in for the rest of it. \:\)

still have an EM1--go figure

#6113858 - 02/05/12 01:12 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: gamby]
137 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Newsomville, CA
I have about 15 more lbs to cut before I am at my goal weight.

#6113859 - 02/05/12 01:14 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: gamby]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 18th green
Val, i'm going to be in the minority here, but the SS and a 5x5 is about strength training, not really a "bodybuilding" routine... you obviously want a bodybuilder look but lean, not some big ole monster...

after you complete your 5x5 maybe you'll want to do a traditional split and be training more than 3 days a week... you can't do that on a 5x5 because the of the compound lifts and the stress it places on your body and CNS...

#6113869 - 02/05/12 01:23 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

OT

It's a shame there are no chicks in this thread. \:\(

#6113881 - 02/05/12 01:34 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: DieZel
Val, i'm going to be in the minority here, but the SS and a 5x5 is about strength training, not really a "bodybuilding" routine... you obviously want a bodybuilder look but lean, not some big ole monster...

after you complete your 5x5 maybe you'll want to do a traditional split and be training more than 3 days a week... you can't do that on a 5x5 because the of the compound lifts and the stress it places on your body and CNS...

My thinking is to switch between SS and a traditional isolated program. I'd like to do SS for 3 months then switch for 3 months and so fourth. I've always heard its a good idea to switch it up anyway because your body gets used to a certain program.

But also, to reference H Street NW again, look at what he was able to do on the SS program. That right there would be the ideal result for me.

Before: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Paseo5647/89to107.jpg

After: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/Paseo5647/Mobile%20Uploads/2012-01-2195012754-1.jpg

#6113944 - 02/05/12 02:02 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Everyone is different. Do what you like and can maintain/stay motivated with. Traditional spoofs work too, it's all I ever do. Ive toyed with the idea of 5x5 but it's just not for me.

If you do cycle between a regular split and 5x5 just ask and I'm sure a few of us can give some tips on the what when and how.

#6113959 - 02/05/12 02:07 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Do the same theories of 5x5 apply to isolated lifts?
Like for biceps would you do barbell curls...

30lbs x 5 x 2
40lbs x 5 x 1
50lbs x 3x 1
70lbs x 2 x 1
80lbs x 5 x 3

#6113966 - 02/05/12 02:08 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

you SHOULD still compound movements in any program... you're not going to switch to an all isolation program, that'll get you nowhere...

the basis of your training would still be squats, bench, rows, pullups, but you would be limiting those lifts to once or twice a week depending on the bodypart and adding more isolation stuff...

there's alot of fun and very stimulating exercises to do which will stimulate your muscles and make them grow if you are feeding them properly... rest and recovery is when you grow... you break them down in the gym, and grow while you rest...

dips, dumbell pullovers, over db triceps presses, curls, rear delt flyes etc...

you can't just look at someone else's before and after and go by his training program... you have to look at his diet, when he eats, etc...

take pieces of everyone's programs and put them into your own to make something designed for you...!!!

#6113975 - 02/05/12 02:12 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
HX_Guy Offline
Post Master Supreme

Squats and bench will always be in the workout (I see bench as isolated anyway). What I will switch out are the deads, cleans and press to isolated exercises for biceps, triceps, shoulders and back...though I don't know if there really are isolated things for back, it's kind of like the chest.

#6113984 - 02/05/12 02:14 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Hell no!!! I have always done more of a bodybuilding routine. Start light and ge heavy. Rep ranges in the 6-8 range for heavy working sets. PR every once in a while to assess strength increases.

Typical day for me today was chest:

Warm up with a few sets of chest flues and presses 25lbs for 15-25 reps

DB incline press
45x10
60x12
70x10
80x10
90x5

Hammer strength press
130x12
170x11
190x8
190x8

Cable x-over
25x12x3

Pec dec
150x12
150x12
80x20

The heavy sets for me are to failure. I'm not in jealousy of dropping the weight but I think I'd risk injury pushing another rep out. That's always the balance for me when working out. I also love to vary rep speed, focus on breathing, hold contractions etc.

My .02

#6113987 - 02/05/12 02:16 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

You can also vary workouts based on preference. I just don't love flat bench, never have. So it's not a huge part of my program. However, I LOVE incline DB press, all day long. Working out is all about he individual.

#6113997 - 02/05/12 02:20 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
bodybuilding routines have a lot of un needed extras for 99% of people.

stick with compounds 5x5 style and eat clean.

*on the sauce* but no silly bodybuilding routines here.
posted before. Dave Gulledge, power lifter who decided to cut.

doesnt mean you cant mix it up but bb style workouts are so 1990.

#6114025 - 02/05/12 02:29 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Euphoricuck]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Should I post the bazillion steroid enhanced bros on typical bb splits?

#6114045 - 02/05/12 02:39 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
My thinking is to switch between SS and a traditional isolated program. I'd like to do SS for 3 months then switch for 3 months and so fourth. I've always heard its a good idea to switch it up anyway because your body gets used to a certain program.

But also, to reference H Street NW again, look at what he was able to do on the SS program. That right there would be the ideal result for me.

:sigh:

Val, you need to stick with SS for far longer than 3 months. At LEAST stick with it until it no longer works for you (ie you aren't adding to the weight at the prescribed times).

Routine hopping is lame, and it's a great way to ensure you never reach goals you set for yourself.

Look at guys like Jim Wendler. Dude's been on basically the same program for YEARS.

If you want to change shit up, get on a good compound routine and switch up the accessory exercises. But you're never going to be able to break away from the basic bench/row/dead/squat/press exercises, and for good reason. You don't NEED to. The only thing you need to worry about with those exercises is getting stronger. No bullshit muscle confusion principles are going to help you. Now, at certain points in a lifter's life, varying the rep range can help. Instead of working 5 reps forever, it can help to do a couple of months in the 10 rep range. But, eventually, you want to work on increasing your max lifts, and the best way to do that is with low rep, low volume training.

#6114048 - 02/05/12 02:40 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
ElementBabe Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: EST
i'd rather see comparisons of natural people doing BB style workouts vs 5x5 vs whatever workouts. My guess is you will not see much difference, and that people will end up with mostly the same build based on their genetics and diet.

my own experience is that as long as i'm in there lifting weights, it doesnt really matter (for my build) if they are compound, isolation, high reps, low reps, whatever. i'll end up about the same. maybe it's different for people who put up weight by looking at food. years ago, every workout i did included 3x10 bicep curls, plus other stuff that hit the biceps. i haven't done a curl in years and guess what, my biceps are the exact same size, just from compound lifts.

#6114095 - 02/05/12 03:01 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ElementBabe]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
You're right. There's not much difference. That's why it's better to be strong and roughly the same size than weaker.
#6114120 - 02/05/12 03:19 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: HX_Guy]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Andy Rooneymanian
Squats and bench will always be in the workout (I see bench as isolated anyway). What I will switch out are the deads, cleans and press to isolated exercises for biceps, triceps, shoulders and back...though I don't know if there really are isolated things for back, it's kind of like the chest.

you can still do deads too... that's the cool thing about a traditional split is you can do everything... and you better do shoulder press... and the bench press is NOT an isolation movement in any way shape or form...

there are plenty of so called isolation moves for the back... you're basically just doing them unilaterally or one arm at a time... don't go off the deep end and completely go the opposite direction...

#6114141 - 02/05/12 03:35 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

If only I did a 5x5 I wouldn't use limited mysel to squatting 415 and benching 365. What a moron I am, settling for such weakness.

#6114199 - 02/05/12 04:02 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

i'm not sure if i understand your post wolfie... personally for me i'd rather squat 315 and bench 265 and look good when i take my shirt off vs being able to move a shit ton of weight exclusively...

and while the 2 are not exclusive (strength / aesthetics), i don't see a whole lot of "strong men" that have a body i'd want to have... there are those that are able to combine the two but it's not the norm...

#6114237 - 02/05/12 04:15 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: DieZel]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm sarcasm. The idea that you can't build strength on a traditional split is stupid. I think you and I are on the same page on workout styles and goals. 143

Elaboratin on my personal opinion, 5x5 is boring. Working out is fun, exciting, fruitful. 5x5 would suck the fun out of it for me. I still do tons of heavy lifting, I just dont bore myself to death with. It.

Edited by wolfsburg2 (02/05/12 04:20 PM)

#6114262 - 02/05/12 04:25 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
Back 5 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: CA
I'm sarcasm. The idea that you can't build strength on a traditional split is stupid. I think you and I are on the same page on workout styles and goals. 143

Elaboratin on my personal opinion, 5x5 is boring. Working out is fun, exciting, fruitful. 5x5 would suck the fun out of it for me. I still do tons of heavy lifting, I just dont bore myself to death with. It.

I find it the opposite. With 5x5 I have very clear and logical results that I am chasing. I will know exactly when to reset my weight as well as knowing when I am reaching my plateau. When I was working out in a traditional 3x10 routine doing mostly isolation exercises I didn't feel nearly the level of progress or strengthening as I do with 5x5 and it's variations.

#6114268 - 02/05/12 04:29 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Back 5]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Different strokes!! I think 5x5 and SS are great, for other people \:\) I don't think its superior to a traditional split. That's all. More than one way to skin a cat.

#6114333 - 02/05/12 05:05 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
gamby Offline
Post Master Supreme

More than one way to skin a cat.

On CSi???

#6114338 - 02/05/12 05:09 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

you are right, the 5x5 is very boring... it's got merit but it's a oh boy i get to go do squats again kinda thing... YAY... NOT... lol, i'm that guy that hates doing legs but does them cause i know it's a necessary evil... i get more satisfaction from a pump during a workout vs a PR on a weight, but i like to get PR's too, but can't get a pump in a 5x5... at least i couldn't...

#6114347 - 02/05/12 05:13 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: Back 5]
DieZel Offline
Post Master Supreme

I find it the opposite. With 5x5 I have very clear and logical results that I am chasing. I will know exactly when to reset my weight as well as knowing when I am reaching my plateau. When I was working out in a traditional 3x10 routine doing mostly isolation exercises I didn't feel nearly the level of progress or strengthening as I do with 5x5 and it's variations.

I agree the 5x5 has merit especially for strength goals, and for people that like a dedicated program... if you like to mix it up then the 5x5 is not a great program for those people...

#6114401 - 02/05/12 05:42 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: 137]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
 Originally Posted By: 137
I have about 15 more lbs to cut before I am at my goal weight.

way to go wayne. nice progress

..you can NEVER out train a bad diet -- FitExcellence

#6114970 - 02/05/12 10:08 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: wolfsburg2]
Artvandelay
Unregistered

Different strokes!! I think 5x5 and SS are great, for other people \:\) I don't think its superior to a traditional split. That's all. More than one way to skin a cat.
Post one single picture of yourself ripped. Just one single pic.

No? Then shut the fuck up and stop raining retarded information on the forum.

#6114986 - 02/05/12 10:15 PM Re: the Post your secsi pix thread [Re: ]
Artvandelay
Unregistered

Val, I've spent enough time posting information to you so, this will probably be my last attempt at helping you. I notice you already want to change routines and are curious to ask every single poster you think has a "nice body" what their routine is.

Here's the deal. Straight up. You have zero muscle. You're completely non-athletic and you're built like a 12 year old girl. You need to maintain compound lifts and eat and do cardio. That's it.

You're asking about bicep exercises? Dude. You won't build biceps without putting on muscle on your whole body.

Wolfsburg is a fucking moron and has no clue at all. He's genetically bigger and stronger than you and thats the only thing he has going. He's never been in shape and has no clue what he's talking about. He's strong, I'll give him that but he has no clue how to work out.

Page 39 of 65 « First<3738394041>Last »

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads