Page 31 of 148 « First<2930313233>Last »
Topic Options
#5222521 - 12/05/10 10:19 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: shamrok]
Cheesegoggles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Here
 Originally Posted By: shamrok
mile 20 onwards is a fucking bitch, pain and suffering

She ended up about 4:35 - not her goal but more than 15 minutes faster than her first marathon.

She said the second half had a lot more hills. She looked strong still when I saw her run into the stadium, but she had walked up hill about once a mile for each of the last ten miles.

Still better than I could do. I'd probably hurt myself training for or running a full marathon.

#5223121 - 12/06/10 08:16 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Cheesegoggles]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
going for an easy 7 today and then taking it easy on wednesday and thrusday in prep for my race on saturday

..you can NEVER out train a bad diet -- FitExcellence

#5223234 - 12/06/10 09:17 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Duc]
shamrok Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Tulsa, Oklahoma
after that run yesterday, i don't think there is even an easy '1' in my legs

Because IRC is just filled with gems like this

#5223303 - 12/06/10 09:48 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: shamrok]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

after that run yesterday, i don't think there is even an easy '1' in my legs

how far did you run?

#5223374 - 12/06/10 10:16 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Duc]
shamrok Offline
Post Master Sr

#5223410 - 12/06/10 10:25 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: shamrok]
Sirbeefhead Offline
Clearly Stealing Corporate IP
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Massachusetts
how was it shamrok?

I think the pain in my lower leg is something semi-serious. Definitely gets worse as I run on it... did 4 yesterday and the pain was there the whole time. Gotta find a Dr. about this soon, but it'll have to wait until after Vegas ;-)

#5223431 - 12/06/10 10:31 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sirbeefhead]
shamrok Offline
Post Master Sr

the first 19 or so were fine, then right hammy and calf got a bit of the lock up - then a blister started forming on right foot

but got done in a 'reasonable' time - just glad i am finished is all, because those last 4 miles were pure torture

#5223437 - 12/06/10 10:31 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sirbeefhead]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

did anyone read meltdown's thread in here? something seems fishy about his times.

he says that he runs a 5.30/mile but an 18min/5K

with those times, why isnt he doing any major marathons??

/threadjack

#5223444 - 12/06/10 10:33 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Duc]
shamrok Offline
Post Master Sr

because he isn't kenyan enough to hold a 5.30/mile for more than a mile?

#5223689 - 12/06/10 11:26 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: shamrok]
Sirbeefhead Offline
Post Master Supreme

the first 19 or so were fine, then right hammy and calf got a bit of the lock up - then a blister started forming on right foot

but got done in a 'reasonable' time - just glad i am finished is all, because those last 4 miles were pure torture

what's a "reasonable" time?

bummer about the issues, but honestly I think those are par for the course when you're running 26.2 straight.

Congrats on finishing! There's billions of people out there that will never know what it's like to put in effort like that, from the start of your training all the way through the finish line. Well done!

#5223754 - 12/06/10 11:39 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sirbeefhead]
shamrok Offline
Post Master Sr

put it this way, Wifey's wife had me by a few minutes, but oh well. glad it is done - now i can enjoy the bar a little bit and start working on the trainer

#5225486 - 12/06/10 09:01 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: shamrok]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Holy shit! 7 miles tonight in 57:05. :woot:

#5225894 - 12/06/10 11:04 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Oh, and great job to shamrock and cheese....you guys kicked some ass.

#5226453 - 12/07/10 09:14 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
CLAY'S 99SI Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Cajun Country
I ran for 32 minutes last night. I'm liking this trend lol.

I'm adding run time EVERY time I run lol.

I guess I'll keep building time for now then try to speed up my pace down the road.

I'm probably jogging at a 10-11 minute pace right now.

#5227665 - 12/07/10 03:53 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: CLAY'S 99SI]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

headed out for 6 or 7 right now

#5227735 - 12/07/10 04:21 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Duc]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Did an easy 4 after last nights effort.

#5228141 - 12/07/10 07:29 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Sirbeefhead Offline
Post Master Supreme

just did time on the elliptical today trying to avoid impact on the right leg... didn't feel any pain, so might test it on the treadmill tomorrow
#5228194 - 12/07/10 07:58 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sirbeefhead]
Damnit, Laverty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Bellevue, WA
Awesome job, Clay!

I on the other hand washed the fuck out today. Felt a little off, but ran anyhow. Made it a half mile and was just not into it. Limbs weren't cooperating, couldn't keep my breath, nothing. Wound up walking 2 mi instead of runnign 4. Guess i'm a little sicker than I thought. I had less than no energy. Time to take a night off I think and try and recover a bit.
"Ha... yeah if neon ownership teaches you one thing it's how to turn lemons into Country Time." -Spotch
"If the market demand for snarky comments is below my current supply of sassy wit I can only assume the market will adjust itself accordingly. Any minute now. Dick." -2000SiRacer

#5228217 - 12/07/10 08:06 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Damnit, Laverty]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

ran 6.5 today.

is it a good idea to run 6 again on thursday in preparation for my race on saturday?

lady on the subway and looked at me because i had a thermal tee on and sweatpants(nike pro gear underneath) and asked me was i crazy because it was 25degrees out and obviously i must have been off my rocker.

i looked at her and said "i just ran 6.5miles in this weather. i think i've been off my rocker for a while now"

#5228321 - 12/07/10 08:59 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Duc]
shamrok Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: big colloRAHRAH
ran 6.5 today.

is it a good idea to run 6 again on thursday in preparation for my race on saturday?

lady on the subway and looked at me because i had a thermal tee on and sweatpants(nike pro gear underneath) and asked me was i crazy because it was 25degrees out and obviously i must have been off my rocker.

i looked at her and said "i just ran 6.5miles in this weather. i think i've been off my rocker for a while now"

what kind of run on weekend?

and hell 25deg is fine as long as you aren't getting blasted by wind

#5228516 - 12/07/10 10:30 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: shamrok]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

The wind was fierce. Fucking us capital lawn

Capital hill is a bitch too after running five and a half

#5228536 - 12/07/10 10:43 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Duc]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

If you're looking to set a PR in the race, I would definitley take it easy the rest of the week. Run light tomorrow and/or thursday, then take friday and saturday off. That's what I'd do anyways. I feel like I'm flying after taking two days off.

#5228543 - 12/07/10 10:46 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
shamrok Offline
Post Master Sr

what he said, maybe a +1-1:30 min to tempo pace 5k and then two days off

#5228944 - 12/08/10 07:57 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: shamrok]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

ok thanks

the run is saturday morning at 6am. the reason i am taking late in the evenings runs are so i can get a feel for how the weather will be around 6am. it sucks that a majority if not all of the run will be near water, but that's just something that i will have to deal with.

on the plus side, gigantor will be out there running as well and with his progress as of late, i can keep an eye on him if i need some motivation

#5228993 - 12/08/10 08:29 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Duc]
Sirbeefhead Offline
Post Master Supreme

I am with everyone else in suggesting you take it easy the next few days. Do a light run today (not race pace) and a second light one tomorrow at half the distance, then take Friday off.
#5229077 - 12/08/10 09:05 AM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sirbeefhead]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

ok thanks.

at least i won't make the mistake i did last year. i took off a whole week before a fucking 5K. ran in very humid conditions and my legs felt like rocks

#5231376 - 12/08/10 10:08 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Duc]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Pretty stoked. Hit the road tonight for what was supposed to be an easy 5 miler. Ended up at home after 6.5 at an 8;23 pace. I'm at 17.5 miles for the week and it's only wednesday.

#5231698 - 12/08/10 11:46 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
Grats!
#5233735 - 12/09/10 05:05 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Silock]
Damnit, Laverty Offline
Post Master Supreme

new distance record for me today. 5.4 miles.
new fast pace for me. 9:15 mile.

Slow other than that, and took a new route, and it had a HELLAFIED hill, puddles and gravel on it. Knocked that mile down to a 12.xx mile.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-a...9_2893069_n.jpg

Total: 5.4 miles; 57 minutes. Gonna aim for 6.2 on the flats Tuesday and keep it around an hour.
"Ha... yeah if neon ownership teaches you one thing it's how to turn lemons into Country Time." -Spotch
"If the market demand for snarky comments is below my current supply of sassy wit I can only assume the market will adjust itself accordingly. Any minute now. Dick." -2000SiRacer

#5234398 - 12/09/10 10:37 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Damnit, Laverty]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

You know what's funny ACR? I looked at that pic before I even looked at your location and had 2 thoughts:

1: That looks like a great area to run.
and
2: It looks just like the power line road my dad used to run back when I was in 5th grade in Gig Harbor, WA and I would follow on my bike.

Seeing that you live in Bellevue makes total sense. \:D

Great job on the PR's.

The cold two of my kids have hit me like a ton of bricks this morning, so I took the day off. I really want to top the week off with 25 miles so cold or no cold, I'm doing my long run of 8 miles on sunday. Gonna try and do 4 at a real easy pace tomorrow too. If I can do both, I'll hit 29.

#5234547 - 12/09/10 11:59 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Damnit, Laverty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ugh, i feel for you on the cold front. I've been coughing my lungs up for the better part of 2 weeks now. I think you got this though!

That trail is right between Redmond and Woodinville.

Actually shit, I forgot I can export maps with my run software. This is the trail right here. It's called the Sammamish River Trail. I ran it up until it intersected Powerline. You can see where the elevation said "fuck you, Laverty!" That hill kicked my ass.

http://www.worksmartlabs.com/cardiotrain...492d26e4ce760ce

I love not having to worry about crosswalks, cars, whatever. I'm really lucky to have that right next to work.

Trail pics: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=61254

#5235426 - 12/10/10 01:21 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Damnit, Laverty]
Duc Offline
Post Master Supreme

picked up my d-pad and race equipment for my 10K on saturday

just found out that they have another 10K on the 31st of this month. i may try to run in that one

#5237148 - 12/11/10 05:05 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Duc]
Cheesegoggles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Here
So I've taken a complete week off from all exercise since my half. Partly because I've been all over the country and partly because my left lower leg started hurting on Wednesday, but that's fading. I feel like a complete piece of shit now.

I think tomorrow I'll get on the bike trainer for a bit and starting thinking about my training plan for race season. With it getting cold out I probably won't be running as much but will try to get in 2-3 short runs a week for the time being.

#5237426 - 12/11/10 09:08 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Cheesegoggles]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Just set a couple PR's. Ran 10.5 (my farthest to this point was only 7)in 1:30. That's a 8:40 pace. Could have easily held that for another 2.6 which would put me at a 1:50 half. Stoked.

#5238651 - 12/12/10 06:39 PM Re: Running/Cardio Thread [Re: Sir Ironpool]
nato2377 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Denver, CO
took the delaware state police test on friday. ran 1.5 miles in 10:23. pretty good for me as i dont run much, maybe once or twice a week if im lucky, mainly just cycle. i know its not super fast but i did finish 2nd in my group by about 3 or 4 seconds and managed to beat the coast gaurd and army guy so i was pleased

Edited by nato2377 (12/12/10 06:39 PM)

Page 31 of 148 « First<2930313233>Last »

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads