Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#3482348 - 02/15/09 07:05 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: cliff st-clair]
scootergeek Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: East of St. Louis
 Originally Posted By: cliff st-clair
If you're gonna bitch about weight nowadays, you might as well go home and just look at old cars.

Somebody say my name?

scott

Videos
#3482362 - 02/15/09 07:10 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: cliff st-clair]
Z24 lol Offline
and Fuck you for the new name lol
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Lovely CONROE, TX! YEE-HA!
I'm very interested in the 2.0t version. If you're gonna bitch about weight nowadays, you might as well go home and just look at old cars. New cars are heavier, we've got to learn to accept that. Too many safety requirements and all of that. Moddability is going to be a big factor for me; if this thing can get to mid 12s without swapping the turbo I think it's a WIN. That and the reliability factor. I can't wait to test drive one.

In a year or two I will be looking at the V6 model and the 370Z.

#3483145 - 02/15/09 11:59 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: scootergeek]
progressi Offline
Post Master Sr

LOL,the thing is,it's possible.

Look at cars that dont break the bank and ARENT old,like the C6Z,C5Z (you can get a newer,low mileage one,not like it's a classic or anything),the RX8,the Elise and the Evora.

But if it's close to the AWD Evo,and it's rwd,its too heavy.

Im not mad or anything,just saying.....

#3484499 - 02/16/09 02:26 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: progressi]
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Queens Village, NY
The c5z to me is old. To me new is everything that is currently being produced.
But besides the Vettes, and the Elise, underpowered Miata and a few others I can't think of there are not many new RWD cars that weign less than 3300-3400lbs. The main reason Vettes weign so little have to do with their powertrain imo. Do you suggest they put pushrods in most modern cars? Not gonna happen. Nothing wrong with pushrods as far as I'm concerned, but no manufacturer is willing to go low tech nowadays, not even when they see what the Z06 and zr-1 can do performancewise at a relatively low cost.

#3484769 - 02/16/09 03:51 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: cliff st-clair]
Z24 lol Offline
and Fuck you for the new name lol
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Lovely CONROE, TX! YEE-HA!
But besides the Vettes, and the Elise, underpowered Miata and a few others I can't think of there are not many new RWD cars that weign less than 3300-3400lbs. The main reason Vettes weign so little have to do with their powertrain imo. Do you suggest they put pushrods in most modern cars? Not gonna happen. Nothing wrong with pushrods as far as I'm concerned, but no manufacturer is willing to go low tech nowadays, not even when they see what the Z06 and zr-1 can do performancewise at a relatively low cost.

You mean perceived low tech.

#3486273 - 02/17/09 12:20 AM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: cliff st-clair]
progressi Offline
Post Master Sr

Wow-what a mess that was. I dont even know where to start.

Edit: Almost got me,not taking the bait.

Edited by progressi (02/17/09 12:38 AM)

#3488000 - 02/17/09 03:36 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: Z24 lol]
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: HoustonRSX

You mean perceived low tech.

What exactly is high tech about the z06 powertrain or the Zr1 powertrain?

#3488018 - 02/17/09 03:40 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: cliff st-clair]
fellfrosch7 Offline
Post Master

Loc: Las Vegas
Do you think that 90% of the car buying public knows and/or cares if their car is SOHC, DOHC, pushrod, N/A, turbo, VTEC, etc?

#3488406 - 02/17/09 05:20 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: ]
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm talking about the engine and transmission, which aren't exactly just out the box designs.

#3488415 - 02/17/09 05:23 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: fellfrosch7]
cliff st-clair Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: fellfrosch7
Do you think that 90% of the car buying public knows and/or cares if their car is SOHC, DOHC, pushrod, N/A, turbo, VTEC, etc?

I wasn't referring to what the public cares about, I was talking about what most manufacturers care to build.
I am not against GM for putting old school stuff in their cars because obviously it works. But it's unfair to demand that everybody else does the same. That's all I'm saying.

#3488644 - 02/17/09 06:50 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: cliff st-clair]
Impulsive Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Edmonton
I do think a portion of the public who is buying cars in the sport compact market does care about the engine/technology used. I won't pretend have 4 cams spinning is somehow more technology than one, but public perception still applies a bit here.

The C6 is a pretty pricey vehicle compared to the class of the Genesis and is a body on frame construction, fibreglass body and a 2 seater.

#3488708 - 02/17/09 07:24 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: cliff st-clair]
Scargoes Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: High Dessert

I am not against GM for putting old school stuff in their cars because obviously it works.

Wow, I can't resist.

All this "new high tech" shit you are talking about(DOHC 4valves/cyl) came out long before the pushrod V-8. Peugeot first used it in 1914 and Deusenberg used it in the cars in the 1920s. Before spouting all that "high tech ricer crap" do some research. JESUS!

#3488773 - 02/17/09 07:52 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: cliff st-clair]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr

What exactly is high tech about the z06 powertrain or the Zr1 powertrain?

Ignoring perhaps you're product confusion, do you really want to get into the hi-tech-ness of the C6/Z06 debate? It doesn't begin and end with the word "pushrods" for instance.

Just wondering if you are serious or if this is a troll post. Like somebody said, I'm dangling near the bait but not really sure if I should take it.

#3576462 - 03/19/09 10:04 AM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: Impulsive]
SiOfRelief
Unregistered

Looks nice - reminds me a bit of the G37, especially in the pic where they are nose to nose.
#3578055 - 03/19/09 04:49 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: ]
ArtVandelay
Unregistered

Who cares about high-tech/low-tech...What's faster?
#3578065 - 03/19/09 04:56 PM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: Impulsive]
normaspirated Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nevada
Not sure if it's been posted in this thread, but 2.0t makes 197 whp.
#9173960 - 10/31/17 03:26 AM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: CLAY'S 99SI]
HYst Offline
Jr Member

coulé lorsque, ce nike air jordan pas cher matin-là, Marcus Moncler Outlet Store O’Brien, en Nike Soccer Cleats Boots piochant son Cheap Toms Shoes Outlet lot, trouva un adidas store filon. Pandora Official Website De Pandora Outlet trois batées successives, il leva de Cheap Michael Kors l’or Adidas Superstar Sale Online pour un dollar, pour Nike Shoes Sale Store un Adidas Shoes Discount Marketplace dollar nike jordan shoes et demi, et pour Air Max Pas Cher deux dollars. Toms Outlet Online Le Cheap Nike Air Huarache filon TOMS SHOES OUTLET s’annon?ait bon.

Jim le Frisé, Zapatillas Air Max qui tenait Michael Kors Handbags Discount un Nike Outlet Store jeu de nike schuhe günstig pharaon et adidas outlet qui, seul Billige Nike Sko de Adidas NMD For Sale son espèce, allait et venait par tout Cheap True Religion Jeans le Northland, spéculant en outre, Official Toms Shoes Outlet lorsque l’occasion s’en présentait, sur les découvertes des suivre un envoi chercheurs d’or, Adidas Originals Superstar était, à ce moment, aux Nike Pas Cher Femme c?tés de Marcus O’Brien.

Il UGGS Outlet regarda dans Nike Tn Requin Pas Cher le trou Nike Roshe Run creusé Nike Air Max Cheap par le prospecteur, günstige nike schuhe y retro jordans for cheap préleva quelques batées, Nike Air Women qu’il lava lui-même, et nike sneakers offrit coach factory outlet online sur-le-champ à Marcus O’Brien Pandora Outlet Store dix mille nike sportschuhe dollars, Cheap Air Max pour tous droits présents Ugg Pas Cher Femme et à venir. Cinq mille dollars zapatos de futbol nike seraient payés comptant, Hugo Boss Sale en cheap uggs poussière d’or. Pour les UGG Boots Cheap cinq mille Reebok Outlet Store autres, il lui reconna?trait une demi-part Air Max 90 de Nike Polo Sale gains dans son entreprise de UGGS For Women jeu.

Marcus O’Brien refusa l’offre. Il était Nike Air Huarache For Sale là, Adidas Originals Sale déclara-t-il avec canada goose jackets on sale chaleur, Nike Store pour tirer de l’argent Original Ugg Boots du Pandora Store Sale sol et non de ses air force one pas cher semblables. Cheap Toms Outlet Store Le reebok running shoes pharaon Cheap Michael Kors Tote Bag ne l’intéressait pas et, Nike Shox discount Sale au surplus, il ジョーダン スニーカー estimait christian louboutin outlet que son Cheap Real Jordans filon 23 IS BACK Store valait Nike Shoes Online plus Jordan Store de nike mercurial soccer cleats dix mille dollars.

Le second Canada goose dam événement zapatillas nike baratas important scarpe nike de la journée Nike Air Shoes se produisit dans l’après-midi, lorsque Siskiyou Pearly amarra son Abercrombie and fitch store bateau sur la Chaussure Nike Pas Cher rive du Jordan Sneakers For Sale Yukon, Air max levně devant Nike Kyrie Red Cow. Il venait tout longchamp bags on sale droit du Official NHL Jerseys sud et モンクレール レディース du monde civilisé, et Canada Goose Online Store avait en Stone Island Outlet sa Ugg Outlet Online Store possession Nike Roshe Run Sale un vieux canada goose jacket outlet journal, datant de quatre mois. TOMS OUTLET Il Boost Yeezy Sale On Line amenait Chaussure Nike Air Max Pas Cher en plus, dans TOMS STORE son bateau, une demi-douzaine de tonneaux Nike Huarache Womens Cheap de whisky, tous nike sb stefan janoski adressés à Jim le Frisé.

Les hommes de Red Canada Goose Outlet Cow converse store quittèrent Adidas Yeezy Cheap leur Discount Ray Ban Sunglasses travail. Ils dégustèrent Vans Black Sneakers le Canada Goose Womens Coats whisky, à Soccer Boots Outlet nike un dollar Pandora Style Beads le verre, celui-ci Ugg boots Sale pesé sur Toms Factory Outlet les Michael Kors Clearance balances de Jim le Frisé, et ils discutèrent des nouvelles du journal.

Et tout Uggs For Cheap se serait admirablement Christian Louboutin Shoes Outlet passé, si Jim le Ugg Pas Cher En France Frisé n’avait con?u le projet Scarpe Nike Scontate diabolique de saouler Nike Air Sneakers Marcus Air max dam O’Brien, Michael Kors Outlet puis de profiter Pandora Store de son ébriété pour Canada Goose Outlet lui acheter Cheap Nike Huarache son filon.

Ce plan, Nike Online Store au début, marcha ugg factory outlet comme sur des roulettes. Il Nike Shox Cheap re?ut son exécution Scarpe Air Max dès le début Nike Air Pas Cher de la soirée et, Adidas Soccer Cleats Cheap à neuf New Nike Shoes heures Jordan Shoes For Cheap du nike shoes soir, Marcus O’Brien Discount TOMS chantait toms shoes outlet à tue-tête. nfl store Il fitflops sale uk s’accrochait à Nike Shoes Discount Marketplace Jim le Chaussure Air Max Frisé, en lui passant son Louboutin Wedding Shoes bras Moncler Sale autour du Mens Nike Air Max cou, et Pandora Store même il n’hésita point à entamer la Nike Air Max Goedkoop fatale Coach Bags On Sale chanson des petits oiseaux qui, Moncler Jackets Discount Marketplace un mois new pandora charms avant, avait cheap uggs for women co?té ADIDAS NMD SALE ON LINE la vie Negozi Pandora au pauvre Ferguson. Peu importait maintenant, puisque pandora beads l’homme Adidas Neo Discount Sale aux Nike Factory Outlet oreilles trop nike air délicates, qui avait Nike Air Max Sale tué par louboutin heels amour Doudoune Moncler Femme Pas Cher de l’art, était parti sur le Yeezy Black Yukon, qui Zapatillas Nike Air Max Baratas l’avait emporté à The official UGG la Nike Outlet vitesse de cinq Yeezy Men milles à l’heure. Il était certainement Jordan Shoes Air loin Coach Outlet Store Online à Moncler Outlet présent ugg clearance !

Mais la seconde partie de Moncler Outlet Online la Christian Louboutin Heels combinaison ne répondit point au succès de la première. Timberland Outlet En dépit de Michael Kors l’invraisemblable quantité de whisky Cheap Nike Free Run qu’il lui Air Max Femme versa dans le Bottes Ugg Femme Pas Cher gosier. Jim le Boty Nike Air Frisé ne put amener newest lebron shoes O’Brien à considérer comme un Nike Factory Store devoir d’ami, et une juste reconnaissance pour tant moncler jacket sale de bons verres absorbés, de New Air Max 2017 lui new jordan releases vendre son filon.

Il y avait des moments, sans doute, nike tn pas cher où O’Brien Cheap Air Max Trainers hésitait, et un tremblement s’emparait de lui, lorsqu’il se sentait UGG BOOTS FOR WOMEN sur le point TOMS For Sale de céder. Boutique Ugg Mais, Descuentos Nike quel ugg store que f?t le Nike Free Run 5.0 Womens trouble Nike joggesko de womens nike air max ses idées, il chaussure basket homme ne laissait Nike Air Damen point son Adidas Superstar cerveau battre la Nike Air Jordan 11 campagne botas de futbol plus Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 For Sale qu’il ne convenait. Il Air Jordan Retro Sale redevenait toujours ma?tre de lui-même et riait intérieurement de asics sko ses Discount Air Max défaillances. C’était un rude partenaire Nike Air 90 que Jim cheap nike air max le Frisé avait Discount Christian Louboutin Shoes en Adidas Originals Stan Smith face Uggs Pas Cher Soldes de lui, Cheap Michael Kors Handbags et Cheap Louboutin Heels qui se plaisait à embrouiller les cartes. chaussures nike pas cher Le whisky était Cheap Retro Jordans For Sale bon. Cela seul Doudoune Moncler Site Officiel était certain. Et Kobe Shoes Nike Jim chaussure adidas pas cher le Frisé affirmait, en prada outlet effet, qu’il pandora jewelry store provenait d’un f?t Air Max Sneakers spécial et Hogan Outlet valait Yeezy Boost Sale Online douze fois celui huarache sneakers que Yeezy Shoes Discount Marketplace contenaient les cinq vans shoe store autres Air Nike tonneaux.

La scène se Cheap True Religion Jeans passait dans l’arrière-pièce Air Max Kopen d’une sorte de bar où, Doudoune Moncler Pas Cher durant

#9387793 - 09/02/18 09:13 AM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: HYst]
dohcvtecguy Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Tampa,Fl mofrappy's
Looks ok, it's a Hyundai what you want. It's a poor man's tune car. Piggy backing off another post it does remind me of of my g37 the body has similar lines. Bottom line, I could never drive a Hyundai or a Kia if my life depended on. Come on you have to have morals...smh...however, to each his own.

#9427963 - 10/26/18 08:49 AM Re: Genesis Coupe Looks FTW [Re: dohcvtecguy]
Chadbrochills Online   bluecheckmark
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ocala, FL
Poor man's tune car? Wut? Have to have morals? lol wut?

My BK1 Genesis Coupe is a hoot to drive and get's compliments all the time. Meanwhile Infiniti's are a dime a dozen around here. YMMV.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  auxilary, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads