Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#1488461 - 05/29/07 06:18 PM I remember a time,..,,,,
L~~C~~ Offline

i remember a time back in 99-02 when this forum (NE) was bumpin....now no new posts? kinda makes me sad.....LittleBadAss (Lauren)
Visit Sponsors! Help CSi !
#1490778 - 05/30/07 11:25 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
mhart Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: central pa
the only thing that moves is the out there.

#1507342 - 06/04/07 09:40 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: mhart]
DMA4Ever Offline
Post Master

Loc: Glens Falls, NY
when i had my '99 si, i used to love coming to this forum. people were friendly and it was constantly moving. this site has become pretty lame for the most part. it's full of too many a-holes that have nothing better to do than make ludicrous comments and add nothing informative. when i purchased my '07 si, i was on here almost everyday posting. as i started seeing the change in quality members it's left me coming on only a couple times a week...if that. it has such a different feel and it's a shame, because this used to be one of the best forums out there. sorry guys, but this place has become a huge joke.

#1509607 - 06/04/07 08:32 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: DMA4Ever]
drisken Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Pa
Originally Posted By: DMA4Ever
when i had my '99 si, i used to love coming to this forum. people were friendly and it was constantly moving. this site has become pretty lame for the most part. it's full of too many a-holes that have nothing better to do than make ludicrous comments and add nothing informative. when i purchased my '07 si, i was on here almost everyday posting. as i started seeing the change in quality members it's left me coming on only a couple times a week...if that. it has such a different feel and it's a shame, because this used to be one of the best forums out there. sorry guys, but this place has become a huge joke.

agreed . . . which is why i'm hardly ever on here anymore either

#1511448 - 06/05/07 12:19 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: drisken]
mhart Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: central pa
i'm here all the time, for the out there, everything else is a waste, like the whole import scene.

#1512012 - 06/05/07 03:15 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
L~~C~~ Offline

It reminds me of when ppl go back to their hometown after moving away for many years and all that is left is the tumbleweeds. So sad. I remembr the weekly meets and meeting some gr8 ppl here. Well if anyone is around anymore.....HI.
#1513848 - 06/06/07 06:27 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
flip99civic Offline

Loc: NY
so true...so sad...i remember i browsed this forum back in high school computer class every day from the day the 99 si was introduced. now it's nothing more than what was already stated. Not even the new Si is bringing this site back to life \:\(

1999 FBP Civic AEM/SSR/Greddy/Pioneer
2005 Berlina Black S2000 Espelir/Mugen/Spoon/ARC/T1R/HKS/Alpine/BBS/Defi/Veilside

#1530458 - 06/11/07 11:56 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: flip99civic]
Lt. Dan Offline
Post Master

Loc: Fairfax, Va
Bah, I just bought an 89Si.... I'll be back....

#1530817 - 06/11/07 01:35 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: Lt. Dan]
Anonymous
Unregistered

And they all come out of the woodwork...

Hi DAN!!! (HI MIKE!!!!)

aka YC

#1535274 - 06/12/07 03:29 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: ]
xmx250 Offline

Loc: Yonkers, NY
N.Y. 07 Si right here. Even though i'm a newb to this site. I know how you guys feel. I remember an old sportbike site i used to go on about 3-4 years ago... that place used to be so live that i used to eat my dinner in front of the computer. Now its a tumbleweed scene...... sucks
#1552066 - 06/17/07 03:58 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: ]
Stock94si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Live Free or Die
Originally Posted By: BobBarker
And they all come out of the woodwork...

Hi DAN!!! (HI MIKE!!!!)

aka YC

Damn. I didn't know you were YC.

#1559961 - 06/19/07 03:49 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: mhart]
FCobra94 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
Originally Posted By: mhart
i'm here all the time, for the out there, everything else is a waste, like the whole import scene.

Agreed.

The whole "pocket rocket" scene came and went pretty quickly IMO. There's no point in dumping thousands of dollars into a FWD econobox when there are WAY too many cars out there now-a-days that are way faster stock. I mean, shit, even a few stock trucks out there are killing modded N/A imports, etc.

And yes, I do feel bad for the people who just picked up an '07 Si and came to this site genuinly hoping to get some knowledgable information....but given the fact that the "import scene is dead" no one from the good 'ole days is going to stick around and answer dumb ass questions like "Which intake sounds better?" and "Which exhaust will get me more haych peez?"

It's not 1998 anymore...that info is old news and was discussed to death ~10 years ago.

But then again, OT will forever be entertaining! \:D

#1563218 - 06/20/07 01:14 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: FCobra94]
L~~C~~ Offline

Originally Posted By: FCobra94
Originally Posted By: mhart

Agreed.

The whole "pocket rocket" scene came and went pretty quickly IMO. There's no point in dumping thousands of dollars into a FWD econobox when there are WAY too many cars out there now-a-days that are way faster stock. I mean, shit, even a few stock trucks out there are killing modded N/A imports, etc.

And yes, I do feel bad for the people who just picked up an '07 Si and came to this site genuinly hoping to get some knowledgable information....but given the fact that the "import scene is dead" no one from the good 'ole days is going to stick around and answer dumb ass questions like "Which intake sounds better?" and "Which exhaust will get me more haych peez?"

It's not 1998 anymore...that info is old news and was discussed to death ~10 years ago.

But then again, OT will forever be entertaining! \:D

I have to say that I both agree and disagree with your reply. It is true that there are some stock trucks that turn good numbers and make decent hsp. However I disagree that the import scene is dead. My husband owns a buisness which targets the import scene and (knock on wood) it is doing well. I don't think that this scene is dead as much as this particular site. I sponser a few other forums that have hits every second as well as replies. Basically, builds is where the vast majority of the fans have gone rather than stock with bolt ons and forums that address that sector of the market are popular. Just my $.02

#1565832 - 06/21/07 08:09 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
FCobra94 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: MD
Hmm, well put.

Well, there will always be fan boies...I mean, if your husband was in the business of modifying/making body kits for Cavaliers, he'd probably be in business forever. LoLz!

But yeah, I guess what I meant to say was the import market didn't really die, but rather, it shifted; which is a good thing I guess. It seems like a lot more people are jumping on the EVO/STi bandwagon...it must be nice to install an exhaust, etc. and actually notice a difference other than noise

It's just good to see that car makers are stepping up the game a bit. I think it's cool that we are living in a time where 4 door family haulers are easilly cracking into the 12's...it feels good to know that we've come a long way from swapping entire engines just to put down ~200hp @ the flywheel. LoLz!

#1571534 - 06/22/07 06:47 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: FCobra94]
L~~C~~ Offline

Originally Posted By: FCobra94
Hmm, well put.

Well, there will always be fan boies...I mean, if your husband was in the business of modifying/making body kits for Cavaliers, he'd probably be in business forever. LoLz!

But yeah, I guess what I meant to say was the import market didn't really die, but rather, it shifted; which is a good thing I guess. It seems like a lot more people are jumping on the EVO/STi bandwagon...it must be nice to install an exhaust, etc. and actually notice a difference other than noise

It's just good to see that car makers are stepping up the game a bit. I think it's cool that we are living in a time where 4 door family haulers are easilly cracking into the 12's...it feels good to know that we've come a long way from swapping entire engines just to put down ~200hp @ the flywheel. LoLz!

agreed

#1571587 - 06/22/07 07:06 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
pumpkin escobar Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 603
The Northeast forums on CSi does not equal the import scene or CSi as a whole.

As stated, Out There is still going strong, and the forum for the new Si seems to be doing ok albeit flooded with n00b questions.

This forum (northeast) fails because of all the infighting and drama that has gone on over the past few years. When new people do try to breathe life into the place, the "oldschool" people basically tell them to fuck off. Aside from that people have grown up and moved on to other ventures, while some have just drifted away from the scene.

I remember there being meets and get togethers almost every week on this forum back when I first joined now we can't pull off one a year. Sad really.

#1596706 - 06/30/07 05:38 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
RedDragon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Now,The Lower Left Hand Corner
Hey Lauren,
Alot of people moved on I guess....I personally moved out to LA and bought an S2000, but I still check in every once in a while....How are you doing???

Mark

#1605938 - 07/03/07 05:07 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: RedDragon]
L~~C~~ Offline

Hey Mark,
All is well. Can't complan. Married now. Track car 94 NA teg. daily 06 caddy 6 speed. I miss the good okld days but I don't want to be like Al Bundy so I guess I must move on.
xo
L

#1606521 - 07/03/07 08:51 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
RedDragon Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: L~~C~~
Hey Mark,
All is well. Can't complan. Married now. Track car 94 NA teg. daily 06 caddy 6 speed. I miss the good okld days but I don't want to be like Al Bundy so I guess I must move on.
xo
L

I'm glad to hear you are doing well....When did you get married??? I'm still single, loving the SoCal weather...I got into road racing when I got the S2000...I'm on S2ki.com , like I was on this site back in the day....The SoCal S2k crew reminds me of our old crew...We have weekly meets, events, track days....It's been fun...I'm addicted to road courses(to much fun) and Santa Monica is great...

Take Care...

#1639718 - 07/12/07 07:09 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: RedDragon]
Njkraft singles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: NJ -> LA -> LA/Nashville
I used to be on here alot when I first got my 00 si. From work, home, anytime I could get to a computer. Now I come on few times a week. Mostly look in outthere then check others every once in a while
#1643584 - 07/13/07 04:39 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: RedDragon]
quicksi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Lowell, Ma.
Originally Posted By: RedDragon
Hey Mark,
xo
L

I'm glad to hear you are doing well....When did you get married??? I'm still single, loving the SoCal weather...I got into road racing when I got the S2000...I'm on S2ki.com , like I was on this site back in the day....The SoCal S2k crew reminds me of our old crew...We have weekly meets, events, track days....It's been fun...I'm addicted to road courses(to much fun) and Santa Monica is great...

Take Care...

You still living in the same place on the beach? Or did you and Darcy finally form that civil union you two would always dream about?

Talking with Chrissy and we might be heading out to Socal over the winter for week or two. I might even have my Uncle cart my bike out so I can ride the PCH.

#1646379 - 07/14/07 11:46 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: quicksi]
RedDragon Offline
Post Master Sr

What's up Jerky....Darcy was actin' up so I had to bitch slap him a little...

I'm still in the same place in Redondo Beach...You still have my number and e-mail???

#1649533 - 07/16/07 09:22 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: RedDragon]
Alexxn_00_Si Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Jupiter, Florida
I still check in once in a while...Mark is right about SoCal - it seems like the car scene will always be strong there...

#1653508 - 07/17/07 09:03 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: Alexxn_00_Si]
Celia Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Wooooosta, Ma.
Hey everyone, this is like a little reunion!

Lauren! It's been so long! Last time I saw you was the meet back at my house in Feb-03! Congrats on being married!

Me, married, our daughter is almost 9 months,we have 07-Si, and 06 sedan..

My ClubSi.com plate is just sitting here, makes me sad! NE= Ownzzzzzzz

#1657980 - 07/18/07 11:40 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: Celia]
L~~C~~ Offline

Originally Posted By: Celia

Lauren! It's been so long! Last time I saw you was the meet back at my house in Feb-03! Congrats on being married!

hey darling! I am so happy to hear all is well. We should do a old school meet \:\)

#1674250 - 07/23/07 12:23 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
ScrapinSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Who Cares?
Hey Mark,
xo
L

Married? Damn.. I missed my chance... \:D

Long time no see... And before you even say anything bill... Go fuck yourself... \:D

#1676435 - 07/23/07 08:21 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: Celia]
RedDragon Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Celia

Celia, hwta's up momma???

#1679212 - 07/24/07 02:32 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
kostomashka Offline

Loc: Manchester, NH
Checking in as well! Great to see some old names. I met many of you during the White Mountain, NH run many, many years ago. Also at a meet we did in Manchester, about 4 years ago.

Speaking of the NH mountain run... is that something that people in this forum still do every fall? I'd like to go on that run again

- alex

#1681065 - 07/24/07 10:47 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: kostomashka]
pumpkin escobar Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: 603
I'd love to run the White Mountains again. I think the last one we did was in 2003.

#1681107 - 07/24/07 10:58 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: pumpkin escobar]
Justin.VW Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Since late 1999!! DELETED!
*burp

"It's time for people who believe that they have a stake in Western Civilization and it's traditions to get a little backbone - even if it offends somebody!" - Fred Thompson

#1698101 - 07/29/07 09:00 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
CiViC TyPe X2 Offline
Sr Member

Loc: S I N Y
I Blame APC.

i remember a time back in 99-02 when this forum (NE) was bumpin....now no new posts? kinda makes me sad.....LittleBadAss (Lauren)

#1706840 - 08/01/07 08:37 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: L~~C~~]
Celia Offline
Jr Member

Quote:
hey darling! I am so happy to hear all is well. We should do a old school meet \:\)

Yes, that would be awesome!!!! I haven't seen you in ages!

Mark, hi!!! Gosh I still wish you were up here in NE, and you've been gone forever now! \:\(

#1710826 - 08/01/07 11:02 PM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: Celia]
RedDragon Offline
Post Master Sr

I'll let you know the next time I come home for a visit...Where are you and Rob living now???

#1760428 - 08/17/07 05:25 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: RedDragon]
Celia Offline
Jr Member

Originally Posted By: RedDragon
I'll let you know the next time I come home for a visit...Where are you and Rob living now???

We're still in the condo we bought a few years back here in Central Massachusetts...

Please please let us know when you come to visit again! \:\(

#1769135 - 08/20/07 11:49 AM Re: I remember a time,..,,,, [Re: ScrapinSi]
quicksi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Lowell, Ma.
 Originally Posted By: ScrapinSi
Hey Mark,
xo
L

Married? Damn.. I missed my chance... \:D

Long time no see... And before you even say anything bill... Go fuck yourself... \:D

Didn't I just see you in a movie?

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  kyden, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads