Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
panoramaLQ.jpg
panorama attempt
Post Details
Poster BobBarker
Posted 03/26/10 03:30 PM
Description nothing special here as per subject matter, but happy to see it come out reasonably well.

Comments
#4621565 - 03/26/10 03:32 PM Re: panorama attempt [Re: ]
BobBarker
Unregistered

Had to right click, "view image" in FF to view this properly
#4621611 - 03/26/10 03:46 PM Re: panorama attempt [Re: ]
BobBarker
Unregistered

thanks...yeah, I actually did tone it down, but sunrise was occurring behind that hill on the right side.
#4621633 - 03/26/10 03:53 PM Re: panorama attempt [Re: ]
BobBarker
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: PatB18C
Yeah that is the only thing, when you scan across you notice the different light levels. Not much you could really do about that, during that time of day... still a great shot! \:\)

That is something I don't quite understand, really. Same shutter speed, aperture, ISO all the way across the frame. In theory it should all "blend" together seamlessly, but there has got to be some adjusting going on somewhere in there...and I'm thinking it's when it gets converted from RAW to JPEG. I don't *think* I'm using any presets in Lightroom.

also, it was only a matter of seconds between frames, BUT, the sun was coming up pretty fast at that point. So maybe that's what it is.

Edited by BobBarker (03/26/10 03:55 PM)

#4621782 - 03/26/10 04:48 PM Re: panorama attempt [Re: ]
Macros83 Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Long Beach, CA
 Originally Posted By: BobBarker
 Originally Posted By: PatB18C
Yeah that is the only thing, when you scan across you notice the different light levels. Not much you could really do about that, during that time of day... still a great shot! \:\)

That is something I don't quite understand, really. Same shutter speed, aperture, ISO all the way across the frame. In theory it should all "blend" together seamlessly, but there has got to be some adjusting going on somewhere in there...and I'm thinking it's when it gets converted from RAW to JPEG. I don't *think* I'm using any presets in Lightroom.

also, it was only a matter of seconds between frames, BUT, the sun was coming up pretty fast at that point. So maybe that's what it is.

Other thing to think about is that when you are shifting the lens position, you are changing the angle in which light is coming in, the more of an angle that the light source is at (early morning, late afternoon) the more drastic this will be, which can (and will) change the way the exposure for each frame turns out. As you move further away from the source light, your images will tend to be darker. You can attempt to adjust for this somewhat by taking bracketed photos (maybe 1/3 steps) on each and see if you can blend it in that way.

#4621789 - 03/26/10 04:51 PM Re: panorama attempt [Re: Macros83]
BobBarker
Unregistered

I actually don't mind, because it is what it is. The right side of the shot should be hotter, because that's where the sun is, in relation to the darker left side. This should might have been better with a higher sun for sure. Maybe I'll revisit one day and give it a shot.
#10510685 - 11/19/23 02:57 PM Re: panorama attempt [Re: Anonymous]
1337sb Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: :arizona:
Not bad. Some chromatic aberration around the trees on the right side though.
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  2000SiRacer, jsmonet, x, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads