Page 15 of 16 « First<1213141516>
Topic Options
#9806604 - 05/11/20 11:25 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: furball
So, with the lack of (serious) COVID infections for children / infants, apparently Sick Kids is pretty quiet, so much so the staff there (likely just the nurses) are concerned they'll be called up to help in crazier areas like LTC homes etc...

(friend's wife took extended (unpaid) leave during the crisis immediately after her mat leave)

My understanding is RNs won't be called to help in LTC facilities because they're kind of the top dog. With less RNs at hospital, you're actively committing patient murder if anything were to happen.
However, RPNs are "disposable" and are being sent over to do swabs. The swab doesn't require the high skillset of an RN so I totally understand sending the RPN to do that. It just requires a brief education on swab and nasal cavity anatomy and some virology and they can do it. That would take about an hour or two.

It would be like sending an advanced care paramedic to transfer someone with low haemoglobin to the hospital... or an anaesthesiologist to prep drugs for a cardiac arrest.

And sick kids RNs are soooo specialized. So much so that they don't even function on the same wavelength for drugs.
"1mg of epi? um... I don't know anything beyond 0.3mg" lol. Everything they do is so scaled down for paediatrics its nuts. I admire them for what they do. They're amazing.

I'm back to work tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

#9806855 - 05/11/20 02:38 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Last I heard about dentists in Ontario ...

They're not opening up anytime soon for standard procedures (emergency only.). RCDSO cannot enforce, they can only 'strongly recommend' things ... (i.e. dental clinics can open if they want.).

Based on some bullshit change.org my dental friends are supporting, supposedly RCDSO recommending:

- ALL standard procedures continue to use the same existing safety protocols, plus:
- closed-room capabilities, i.e. not partially-open rooms.
- there must be a 2-3 hour DELAY BETWEEN PATIENTS, for 'the virus particles to drop to the ground' or some shit

https://www.change.org/p/provincial-dent...-evidence-based

Other recommendations by RCDSO is kinda crazy:
https://www.rcdso.org/en-ca/rcdso-members/2019-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-faqs#a6
 Quote:
Have clinic staff manage commonly-used surfaces, i.e. open/close doors for patients

I'd be concerned how the dental hygienists will manage thru this re: PPE ... (all the hygienists have already been laid off since March at my buddys' clinics)

#9806858 - 05/11/20 02:42 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Why have teeth? Should setup a little side business extracting teeth, make that CERB money on the low low.
#9806873 - 05/11/20 02:58 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Fuck that Vas ... RCDSO recommended guidelines on .... teledentistry

https://www.rcdso.org/en-ca/rcdso-member...g-teledentistry

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Why have teeth? Should setup a little side business extracting teeth, make that CERB money on the low low.

#9809216 - 05/13/20 05:53 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Coming up from downtown today at 5pm, traffic on DVP was backed up from Don Mills, ahh the good old pre covid days are back
#9809473 - 05/13/20 09:37 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
My work has no intent to get any of us back into the office. They would never meet the social distance requirements. I don't foresee seeing a full office until a vaccine is made.
#9809727 - 05/14/20 10:10 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

My company (small start-up) was to move to Liberty Village in Dec 2020/Jan 2021 ... That's likely on hold as the current tenant there might stay a bit; likely sub-lease out more space there as well...
#9809759 - 05/14/20 10:45 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Coming up from downtown today at 5pm, traffic on DVP was backed up from Don Mills, ahh the good old pre covid days are back

screw that..it was almost "nice" to go into the city for a service call in the last month

#9810078 - 05/14/20 02:19 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
It's funny that they had opening dates all along and were planning to open regardless of testing, ppe supply and case numbers.
I'm gonna say we'll be fully open by mid June at the latest. We will get a second wave but will not shutdown for the second time. Live at your own discression.
Had a friend tell me yesterday we need to open back cause he needs to walk his dog in the park. Wtih that type of thinking. Yeah I'm gonna see staying home for a while still.

#9810090 - 05/14/20 02:28 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: BroKe]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Now (well, next week) is the time when PPE, hand washing, and distancing are going to be the most important. It's gonna be a free-for-all. I haven't been very concerned up until now, but I think this is the time to start wearing gloves.
#9810153 - 05/14/20 03:38 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Went to Longos today, they won't let you in unless you wear a mask.

good cat.gif

I think we are all right to be concerned as people are starting to not care/not take this seriously. Even I catch myself being less cautious to be honest.

#9810251 - 05/14/20 05:34 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Longo's doing it right.
Masks handed out, temp checked, make you sanitize hands, cart sanitized as they hand one to you. Your location didn't do that?

Went to Canadian Tire to pick up previously ordered items. Went inside to see.
Only thing they do is have you push the cart for distancing even if you don't need it. Then one way isles.

#9810639 - 05/15/20 09:58 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
that was quick

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3575064-sorrento-claims-covidminus-19-cure

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9810731 - 05/15/20 11:06 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!

sorrento? I'd take it w/ a grain of salt.

#9814050 - 05/20/20 08:37 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: c2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

#9814556 - 05/20/20 02:40 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
so stupid lol whatever little precaution they can do as long as they get to open up right? i hope they go out of business.
#9814636 - 05/20/20 03:57 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
so here's my take on it.

they are closing schools for the rest of the year, but re opening stores and shit. i've gone to grocery stores, shoppers etc and nobody was wearing masks, hundreds of people at niagara falls, downtown etc so a "second" wave of infections would already be happening....however numbers are still the same and same amount of volume at hospitals. with H1N1 there were no closures, basically a free for all and i think it's the same with this covid shit.

basically at this point, unless you're super old or have pre existing medical conditions, i don't think that covid NOW, is as bad as SARS or H1N1 was in it's full extent.

Edited by titty sprinkles (05/20/20 04:00 PM)

#9814736 - 05/20/20 05:02 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: titty sprinkles]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

The second wave seems happening in Korea.

South Korea had 0 new domestic cases for 4 straight days a couple of weeks ago.
(we still have 1,000 each day)

New case developed at a club last week by 1 girl who ignored self quarantine order.
Now back to couple hundreds. 20-30 new cases each day since, ALL linked from that club and that girl.

One of the club attendee was a private learning center teacher who spread to his students, then to their parents.
One guy from the same club infected his uncle and 1yr old nephew

It's a Korean site. City of Gunpo's official site.
If you click on 33th person, they list all the places she visited until she was admitted to hospital on the 19th
http://www.gunpo.go.kr/intro.jsp

They also closed high school as soon as it opened.
2 students who were linked to that club tested positive.
Above teacher's student went to a karaoke place. 2 OTHER students went to the same karaoke place and got infected.

#9814920 - 05/20/20 07:30 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: porschetr

New case developed at a club last week by 1 girl who ignored self quarantine order.
Now back to couple hundreds. 20-30 new cases each day since, ALL linked from that club and that girl.

One of the club attendee was a private learning center teacher who spread to his students, then to their parents.

If you click on 33th person, they list all the places she visited until she was admitted to hospital on the 19th

Above teacher's student went to a karaoke place. 2 OTHER students went to the same karaoke place and got infected.

That is some mad crazy shit. All from 1 person. Should be charged/fined with something. Do they know how/where she got it?

#9814942 - 05/20/20 07:48 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Raocorp]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

my work sent out a survey about if we "felt safe" going back to the office. The offices are so packed now that there would be 2 or 3 ppl max compare to what it used to be.

I am comfortable with sleeping in, doing my work and getting off and saving 3 hours of commute. I told them I would not feel comfortable until there is a vaccine because I am more "comfortable" at home. \:D

An ex-coworker from another company is redoing the whole floor to adhere to social distancing. They are sending their personal stuff home first. I don't see her being back for a long while.

#9814984 - 05/20/20 08:39 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Raocorp]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Raocorp

That is some mad crazy shit. All from 1 person. Should be charged/fined with something. Do they know how/where she got it?

I just checked the news articles again.
Actually that girl got the Corona from club then went all over the place despite the order

The guy who brought the virus to the club was all over the country with a coworker, province to province between April 30 - May 6th. Don't know where he got it from. He had the symptoms before going to the club. His coworker also went to the club. Both tested positive after.

Edited by porschetr (05/20/20 08:42 PM)

#9815001 - 05/20/20 08:55 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Actually that girl got the Corona from club then went all over the place despite the order

The guy who brought the virus to the club was all over the country with a coworker, province to province between April 30 - May 6th. Don't know where he got it from. He had the symptoms before going to the club. His coworker also went to the club. Both tested positive after.

and people are complaining online about all this abuse of power rights and freedom etc..

well this is a clear cut example...some people are going to do stupid shit and not use their heads...so guess what you sometimes need Gov to make that decision for you.

I'm sure of the Gov said everyone be safe and do what you think is right, we'd be in a whole diff place right now.

#9815212 - 05/21/20 08:09 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: titty sprinkles]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
so here's my take on it.

they are closing schools for the rest of the year, but re opening stores and shit. i've gone to grocery stores, shoppers etc and nobody was wearing masks, hundreds of people at niagara falls, downtown etc so a "second" wave of infections would already be happening....however numbers are still the same and same amount of volume at hospitals. with H1N1 there were no closures, basically a free for all and i think it's the same with this covid shit.

basically at this point, unless you're super old or have pre existing medical conditions, i don't think that covid NOW, is as bad as SARS or H1N1 was in it's full extent.

+1

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9816864 - 05/22/20 05:50 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: loudsubz

and people are complaining online about all this abuse of power rights and freedom etc..

well this is a clear cut example...some people are going to do stupid shit and not use their heads...so guess what you sometimes need Gov to make that decision for you.

I'm sure of the Gov said everyone be safe and do what you think is right, we'd be in a whole diff place right now.

Just watched a news clip uploaded today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arSrgtc63hQ

9 people tested positive from a birthday party for a 1 year old.
The photographer was the carrier, who was infected from the teacher who went to the club above.

One of those 9 people is a construction worker.
They just shut down the construction site which employee 200+ workers.

The teacher is responsible for 40 people so far.

#9817085 - 05/23/20 05:47 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I was running a few missions yesterday throughout the Toronto and I have to say I am not comfortable with what's happening. One business I was at where social distancing was not possible, no one adhered to any of the mandated policy, not the line ups, not the coverings, people talking together in VERY confined spaces, no masks, no gloves, people from outside walking in and out.

It was uncomfortable to watch, maybe we all have herd immunity by now? I don't know, but it's not looking good.

Also wearing a mask in the heat yesterday was shiiiiity.

#9817110 - 05/23/20 09:19 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/05/23/leaving-hand-sanitizer-in-hot-vehicles-a-fire-risk/
#9817144 - 05/23/20 10:32 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

I was running a few missions yesterday throughout the Toronto and I have to say I am not comfortable with what's happening. One business I was at where social distancing was not possible, no one adhered to any of the mandated policy, not the line ups, not the coverings, people talking together in VERY confined spaces, no masks, no gloves, people from outside walking in and out.

It was uncomfortable to watch, maybe we all have herd immunity by now? I don't know, but it's not looking good.

Also wearing a mask in the heat yesterday was shiiiiity.

lots of news articles and top doctors saying were opening up too fast/soon

I really hope this isn't the case but can't disagree with someone that knows way more about this than I do...

fall second wave could be a big deal... \:\(

#9817197 - 05/23/20 12:19 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: loudsubz]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
https://nationalpost.com/news/do-not-imp...b-and-ei-claims

Quote:
But the memo seems to take that approach a step further, encouraging civil servants to turn a blind eye to abuse.

i have a feeling the CERB thing will lead to universal income. why even work bro?

#9837131 - 06/16/20 02:10 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: zaius]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

14 Employees at Home Depot richmond hill
https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/10...ill-home-depot/

2 Employees at Longos again by my place.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBdSFC4AddJ/

But this one only seen on their Instagram page.
What the hell? Why is this information so hidden.
Only found out because someone sent me the link

#9837172 - 06/16/20 02:55 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Walmart has been hiding cases as well. I’ll just leave it at that... No cases in Markham that I know of, but lets just say some stores in Toronto had hourly workers tested positive and this didn’t make the news.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9837323 - 06/16/20 05:37 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Hatorade]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
It's after the fact now, but Toronto Public Health is stupid.
I was sent off for 14 days self isolation because I intubated a patient without a respirator on.
They initially presented completely differently so we were wearing surgical masks, but they declined very quickly (within 7 minutes) from normal to flatline so we were caught a little off guard.
The decline started as we arrived at the elevator banks to go down to the ambo, to just after we loaded them into the ambo...

When their heart stopped, it happened in the ambo and we intubated her, forgetting to switch masks.
We got the patient back so that's the good part. But because it was considered an "unprotected exposure" we were sent off.

We were told that public health would notify us if the patient swabbed positive at the hospital... but not if they swabbed negative.
Through sources at the hospital, the patient swabbed negative... and of course my partner and I were asymptomatic... but yet, public health insists on only telling you if the person is positive, and that if you don't get a call you still have to self iso because "it could take a while for them to receive the results."
That means you have to stay off the entire 14 days no matter what.
I even asked "what if we get swabbed and are negative?"
Still no.

So basically, rather than having a full crew back at work... they would rather pay us to be off for 14 days.
You might say "hey, 14 day paid vacation!"
But it's not. It's isolation... under the umbrella that you don't ACTUALLY know if you're negative. You could be told 10 days into the iso that the person actually tested positive... so for the 2 days until someone told me (which is unofficial) I slept downstairs and didn't hang out with my kids.

Once I found out they were negative, I went back to normal life.
However, if public health or Durham Health paid a visit and found that I was out of the house or whatever, I would be nailed hard for breaching my isolation directives.

I hate Toronto Public Health.

No wonder everyone is so fucking scared.

#9837555 - 06/16/20 10:49 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Glad to hear you are negative.

The Cases have been steadily decreasing. I guess we've been doing ok. Need to keep washing hands.

I suspect I won't be in at work until 2020. If they aren't forcing me, I am not going.

#9848205 - 06/30/20 03:42 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Peel regions made the mask mandatory indoors.
Toronto waiting for approval.

So I went Costco to buy some filtered masks and it was sold out.
Went to another location and they had some left.

Costco.ca had some early today, and all gone now.

#9848209 - 06/30/20 03:50 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Those in the suburbs can likely pick up some of those medical masks at Canada Computers (50/$25.99)

https://www.canadacomputers.com/search/results_details.php?language=en&keywords=mask

T&T has them too:

Edited by furball (06/30/20 03:55 PM)

#9848263 - 06/30/20 05:34 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
I grabbed 50 at Costco this morning, $25.
Page 15 of 16 « First<1213141516>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads