Page 11 of 16 « First<910111213>Last »
Topic Options
#9785651 - 04/16/20 09:25 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Senor Eduardo_82
 Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
are you guys washing your groceries? My wife washes and wipes whatever she can with soap.

Forgot if we talked about this....too lazy to re-read.

Not me. I get why people would want to do it, I'm just not that paranoid.

I just let everything sit for a day or two (produce in particular) so if there is a trace of the virus it dies on its own.

I thought about using soap to wash produce and I decided that we are now entering diminishing returns in terms of "safety".

#9785802 - 04/16/20 11:47 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
I'm only washing my beers. Everything else pretty much isn't touched for a few days or washed before eaten
#9785901 - 04/16/20 01:32 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: BroKe]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Seems like something changes every time I go to the grocery store.

This week it's been:
(Monday) Don't bring your own bags in
(Wednesday) Sanitize your hands when entering, carts and baskets moved to a different area (again)
(Friday) ???

#9786076 - 04/16/20 03:40 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Wtf is up with the traffic. Dvp was like 70% full just now. I have a feeling alot of companies are illegally working now. We need a serious crackdown
#9786248 - 04/16/20 05:16 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
 Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper

'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9786283 - 04/16/20 05:39 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: BroKe
Wtf is up with the traffic. Dvp was like 70% full just now. I have a feeling alot of companies are illegally working now. We need a serious crackdown

seriously. commute in today was like normal.

#9786420 - 04/16/20 07:52 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
 Originally Posted By: Senor Eduardo_82
are you guys washing your groceries? My wife washes and wipes whatever she can with soap.

Not me. I get why people would want to do it, I'm just not that paranoid.

I just let everything sit for a day or two (produce in particular) so if there is a trace of the virus it dies on its own.

I thought about using soap to wash produce and I decided that we are now entering diminishing returns in terms of "safety".

I let my wife sort it out and she wipes and runs things through soap water. We buy groceries for grandma so just rather have the peace of mind.

#9787174 - 04/17/20 02:43 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Traffic did seem to be heavier today. Interdasting.
#9787438 - 04/17/20 06:13 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: porschetr]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: porschetr
Lysol wiped the first time.
Did shopping yesterday, didn't bother but felt like I should have.

I think that's fair.
It's redundant if you're washing your hands or using hand sanitizer after your'e done... but you're picking stuff up too and that could theoretically transfer.
Vas has it right as far as letting certain things sit for 2 days. It's extreme, but if you're not gonna wash it, then that's reasonable practice.

My thing is gloves.
Why in the fuck are people wearing gloves?
Do you know how frequently healthcare providers change gloves? That's why they're effective.
These people are wearing the same gloves all over the place... just spreading shit.
I saw sheep waiting for Shoppers to open. gloves on... masks on.
Hey I understand the mask.. you're protecting people from yourself (lol I know that's not why they're wearing it but hey it works.)

But the gloves you put on and walk into shoppers... touching doors, touching product... paying... touching doors again, opening your car door. Maybe you take them off (I've seem otherwise ) but then put them back on to go to another store... spreading shit lol.

Fucking stop with the gloves.

#9787524 - 04/17/20 08:03 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 355-Si
 Originally Posted By: porschetr
Lysol wiped the first time.
Did shopping yesterday, didn't bother but felt like I should have.

I think that's fair.
It's redundant if you're washing your hands or using hand sanitizer after your'e done... but you're picking stuff up too and that could theoretically transfer.
Vas has it right as far as letting certain things sit for 2 days. It's extreme, but if you're not gonna wash it, then that's reasonable practice.

My thing is gloves.
Why in the fuck are people wearing gloves?
Do you know how frequently healthcare providers change gloves? That's why they're effective.
These people are wearing the same gloves all over the place... just spreading shit.
I saw sheep waiting for Shoppers to open. gloves on... masks on.
Hey I understand the mask.. you're protecting people from yourself (lol I know that's not why they're wearing it but hey it works.)

But the gloves you put on and walk into shoppers... touching doors, touching product... paying... touching doors again, opening your car door. Maybe you take them off (I've seem otherwise ) but then put them back on to go to another store... spreading shit lol.

Thats 1000% what the RN wife would say lol.

#9787652 - 04/18/20 12:12 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto

I do this too.
Also let some stuff hang out without touching for 5-6 days if possible. Stuff like noodles and condiments. I don't really need that stuff right away so it's fine. I also don't reuse the plastic bags anymore. They go right into recycling.
Maybe overkill but better safe than sorry. I'm not worried about dying but from what I've heard it's not a fun experience when you get it.

#9787782 - 04/18/20 12:31 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Raocorp]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

I've got the shopping bags in the garage....when we run out of our current supply, the ones we get via C19 deliveries should be more than good.
#9787806 - 04/18/20 01:28 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
robbbby Offline
master electrician
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canada

It seems like such a logical thing but so many people are just too fucking dumb to understand.
Went into bulk barn last week. They make you put on hand sanitizer when you come in and then put on clean gloves that they supply. The lady behind me was so pissy that they were making her take off the gloves she walked into the store wearing and put on new ones. She just couldn't understand. "I'm already wearing gloves!", she argued with the workers. They had to spell it out for her.

#9788122 - 04/18/20 10:17 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: robbbby]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: robbbby

It seems like such a logical thing but so many people are just too fucking dumb to understand.
Went into bulk barn last week. They make you put on hand sanitizer when you come in and then put on clean gloves that they supply. The lady behind me was so pissy that they were making her take off the gloves she walked into the store wearing and put on new ones. She just couldn't understand. "I'm already wearing gloves!", she argued with the workers. They had to spell it out for her.

haven't been to bulk barn in a couple of weeks - good to know of their protocol -- i know they've always been pretty good w/ their covered bins -- just wondering if they also impose people putting on masks to avoid people accidentally coughing into bins they open while scooping?

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9788207 - 04/19/20 08:42 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: hyper-s2k]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Nations grocery not only make it mandatory that you wear a mask inside, if you show up without anything covering your face, they will give you one. Kind of them, instead of forcing you to buy one for $0.50, etc.

Can't for the life of me get the fam to understand this shit, and I'm getting made the bad guy for being paranoid, neurotic, etc. WTF. (the fam in RHill/MHam are freaking out like the rest of the Asians, so do stay at home for the most part.)

Family reuse the same mask over and over (non-N95. We do have some thicker ones, and then there's the standard thin blue ones), keep it in a bag in the car, etc...

Wife is thick in the head and thinks the basic hand-washing bit is enough. Reasoning with her just doesn't seem to get it, and she pulls this "if any of us (in the family) get it, we're all already infected, so this bullshit about isolating within the home from each other make no sense" (I've been trying to set up contingency plans of exactly what room and how to isolate one of us in the event we need to do so.)

Has this bullshit idea that if I want to disinfect the door knob, it's my problem, and she can walk in and out with her hands touching anything, because she already disinfected it with sanitizer etc... FML.

Edited by furball (04/19/20 08:45 AM)

#9788211 - 04/19/20 09:00 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

\:\|
#9788267 - 04/19/20 11:56 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Went for a drive last night. Here's a few of the streets I explored:

Featherston Dr
Doulton Dr
Blythe Rd
Kingsway Cr
Prince Edward Dr
Queen Marys Dr
Rosedale Rd
Glen Rd
Roxborough Dr
Park Ln Cir
Suncrest Dr

;\)

#9788297 - 04/19/20 12:26 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
Nations grocery not only make it mandatory that you wear a mask inside, if you show up without anything covering your face, they will give you one. Kind of them, instead of forcing you to buy one for $0.50, etc.

Can't for the life of me get the fam to understand this shit, and I'm getting made the bad guy for being paranoid, neurotic, etc. WTF. (the fam in RHill/MHam are freaking out like the rest of the Asians, so do stay at home for the most part.)

Family reuse the same mask over and over (non-N95. We do have some thicker ones, and then there's the standard thin blue ones), keep it in a bag in the car, etc...

Wife is thick in the head and thinks the basic hand-washing bit is enough. Reasoning with her just doesn't seem to get it, and she pulls this "if any of us (in the family) get it, we're all already infected, so this bullshit about isolating within the home from each other make no sense" (I've been trying to set up contingency plans of exactly what room and how to isolate one of us in the event we need to do so.)

Has this bullshit idea that if I want to disinfect the door knob, it's my problem, and she can walk in and out with her hands touching anything, because she already disinfected it with sanitizer etc... FML.

GNSP

#9788430 - 04/19/20 05:16 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball

GNSP

time to set up the man cave as your new home. may want to beef up her life insurance pay out - just saying...

#9788493 - 04/19/20 06:49 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: hyper-s2k]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Some gunh-ho Dr the wife works with admitted 15 people from a nursing home with unknown symptoms of Corona. The 15 less beds for people that actually need them, for 15 people that may infect everyone or get infected themselves lol.
#9788641 - 04/19/20 10:59 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: robbbby]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

I only use gloves at the gas station. Your not gonna get the virus through your hands but gas pumps are dirty in a normal circumstance lol, let alone this. I've seen people get out of their car wipe their snotty nose with their hand and then grab the pump.

I get out of the car, put glove on my right hand only. Use that hand to touch the pump and enter pin etc. Then I use the non glove hand with paper towel to pull out cc. Wrap cc in new paper and put in pocket. Finish filling with glove hand. Once full, I hang up pump and remove glove into garbage immediately. Then close gas door and get back inside car. I have a small bottle of sanitizer that I use just in case. Then drive away......never would I have thought I'd be living like this.

#9788667 - 04/19/20 11:36 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Raocorp]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

You know what's most annoying?
This economy needs to start up. People need to go back to work. People need to go to parks, and recreational facilities.

At its core... this could totally happen.
But it would require people to continue being mindful of what they do when it comes to coughing into their elbow, washing their damn hands regularly like they teach their kids to do (but seems lost in adulthood), and keeping a reasonable distance from most others in an attempt to create that space.
But no. Everyone is a stupid motherfucker who is out for themselves and THAT is why we can't open shit up yet.
And for that reason, we actually have to get the case and death counts low enough that the curve is considered flattened... because we're not capable as a society, to be responsible and do things the right way.
Stay home when you're sick. Physically distance within reason/application. Don't lick toilets. Wear a mask if you're sick and have to go out (like to your appointments.)
Not hard... but somehow, it's completely lost on 90% of the population.

I hate that.
I hate that those are the reasons that we really can't open life up because we can't rely on the general public to actually do THEIR part. Everyone's out for themselves.

I just got back from work. For a short portion of the day, I was among a fairly large group of first responders up at Humber River Hospital showing thanks and appreciation for our nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, environmental services, porters, etc...
I look on social media (yeah that was my fault) and I see people criticizing everyone for drawing crowds.
First of all, assholes, this was for the hospital staff.
Secondly, Jesus Christ, LITERALLY everyone I saw was distanced from each other except for the nurses... but they're allowed to be side by side since they essentially live on top of each other when they're inside the hospital.
So don't chirp them for coming out and receiving what is rightfully theirs.

Give it a rest... bunch of motherfuckers.

#9788694 - 04/20/20 05:48 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
The 5% ruin it for the rest of us. Hence why they've closed all the fucking boat ramps

#9788717 - 04/20/20 07:16 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
You know what's most annoying?
This economy needs to start up. People need to go back to work. People need to go to parks, and recreational facilities.

At its core... this could totally happen.
But it would require people to continue being mindful of what they do when it comes to coughing into their elbow, washing their damn hands regularly like they teach their kids to do (but seems lost in adulthood), and keeping a reasonable distance from most others in an attempt to create that space.
But no. Everyone is a stupid motherfucker who is out for themselves and THAT is why we can't open shit up yet.

And for that reason, we actually have to get the case and death counts low enough that the curve is considered flattened... because we're not capable as a society, to be responsible and do things the right way.
Stay home when you're sick. Physically distance within reason/application. Don't lick toilets. Wear a mask if you're sick and have to go out (like to your appointments.)
Not hard... but somehow, it's completely lost on 90% of the population.

I hate that.
I hate that those are the reasons that we really can't open life up because we can't rely on the general public to actually do THEIR part. Everyone's out for themselves.

I just got back from work. For a short portion of the day, I was among a fairly large group of first responders up at Humber River Hospital showing thanks and appreciation for our nurses, doctors, respiratory therapists, environmental services, porters, etc...
I look on social media (yeah that was my fault) and I see people criticizing everyone for drawing crowds.
First of all, assholes, this was for the hospital staff.
Secondly, Jesus Christ, LITERALLY everyone I saw was distanced from each other except for the nurses... but they're allowed to be side by side since they essentially live on top of each other when they're inside the hospital.
So don't chirp them for coming out and receiving what is rightfully theirs.

Give it a rest... bunch of motherfuckers.

good to hear this from a front line person finally...i been saying this for a month lol. like i'm all for taking protective countermeasures vs this virus but the gov. has gone fucking overboard with some stops. but as usual it is the 5% of fucktards that mess it up for the rest of us \:\(

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9788739 - 04/20/20 07:35 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Many, many lemmings are like: Yeah yeah, just like the news said, we just have to wait for the vaccine. Everything will go back to normal.

When was the last time you've seen the world shutdown like this motherfucker, over an enemy you cannot see?

I then ask them: How has China set their new 'normal'? i.e. how have they started re-opening and getting back to something close to pre-COVID-19?

Forget China. Think Taiwan, South Korea. Singapore. They got back to normal by leveraging, and the people allowing, the use of contact-tracing, support and belief in their govt to be prepared, loss of some privacy for the greater good, etc.

Note: Singapore isn't doing especially hot right now -- they're under a month-long 'circuit-breaker', i.e. stay-at-home mandate, with outbreaks now particularly in dorm settings, and foreign workers. But, their initial part of the COVID era was pretty tame thanks to the precautions/countermeasures set forth.

(I've read stories (about China) how you basically need a QR code on your phone to go/leave certain places. When you get on a subway, each subway car has a diff QR code, etc. If you want to enter a restaurant, not only must your temp be taken, but you need to show your QR code to indicate that you're not under quarantine, etc. Which, all goes into a national database.)

I found this to be a good read: How Coronavirus will change the world, permanently: https://www-politico-com.cdn.ampproject....is-covid-135579

Edited by furball (04/20/20 07:38 AM)

#9788778 - 04/20/20 08:27 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: furball]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
If everyone did the right thing, there would be no need for any rules or regulations. Except that what one person thinks is right is not going to line up with what about person thinks. Society has to operate on the lowest common denominator, "Caution, cup contains hot beverage" type shit, then set rules to that.

Things should not open up yet. No one needs getting their hair did, nor to go out to a fancy restaurant, just so we can see a spike with the virus. I feel bad for all the businesses that are forever fucked, but if you're not essential, just keep it shut.

People talking like "my wedding is in July. I'm sure things will be back to normal." LOL. This virus has been a giant slap to humanity to get it's shit together.

#9788796 - 04/20/20 08:44 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 4Three]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's good to read everyone's perspective here, I think we all bring a different angle to this.

From a business owner perspective as well as interest in real estate I can already tell you things will not go back to "normal". We will have a new normal, life is not over as we know it, but there will be significant changes.

From a business perspective, there is no way around it, a lot of businesses especially small/mid sized are gone. Some are hanging on by a thread hoping between a stimulus and quick reopening they can survive (this is where majority operate). The rest already can't hack it or have closed shop. This will certainly trickle up to large corps with layoffs.

Commercial landlords especially those with many restaurant chains already have a large amount of confirmations that the businesses are closing shop. Government stimulus isn't enough, uncertainty of how long this goes on for isn't worth accruing more debt for. No bailout will dig you out of that.

Car repos are up in Canada, pretty sure this is still kept quiet, but if you think dealers (especially used cars) can afford to sit on inventory that's not moving for prolonged time, you are mistaken. Following China, in their first month of the lockdown car sales were down 20%, 2nd month they were down a further 80%. Between that, people with negative equity in their cars I think the used car market is going to take a massive shit. 911's for everyone \:\|

This comes down to rich vs. poor. If you are fortunate to have a job or a job that can be done remotely, you are good for now. Doesn't mean safe, but at least you have something as the lockdown continues. Those who don't have the privilege of such jobs have no choice but to expose themselves to the virus and continue to work if the work is there.

I agree everyone should stay home to help the greater good, but I too remember not having money and I can't say with confidence that if I was faced with feeding my family and catching the virus vs staying home and potentially losing my house/apartment/no food on the table that I'd pick the latter. I think most of us would take the risk and work even if we can catch the virus. I don't see how there is a choice.

We all know what the right thing to do is and those of us who can adhere to the lockdown should do so, but we are not in a position to pass judgement on others from the comfort of our homes when many are in much worse positions (save for the few assholes ruining it for everyone else).

#9788878 - 04/20/20 09:35 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
We gotta think twice before opening up restaurants again.

This is how one person infected 9 people at a restaurant in Guangzhou China. The person A1 traveled from Wuhan and was the only one who had Corona at the time. It is believed that air conditioning was the reason how virus circulated.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764_article

#9788887 - 04/20/20 09:47 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: hyper-s2k]
zimms Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k

haven't been to bulk barn in a couple of weeks - good to know of their protocol -- i know they've always been pretty good w/ their covered bins -- just wondering if they also impose people putting on masks to avoid people accidentally coughing into bins they open while scooping?

I was there about 2.5 weeks ago and what they did was you sanitize / put on gloves when you enter and then you wait for an employee. They basically shop for you - you tell them what you want and they scoop / bag it for you, then take everything up to the cashier.

#9788919 - 04/20/20 10:15 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

100% Vas.
Especially when you consider that typically, most people survive and don't have anything more than a week of flu symptoms... I'd bet if I wasn't in the position I'm in, that I'd go to work regardless of the lockdown.
But this is all based on time.
A week or two... people stay in. The longer this drags on, the more we're gonna find what you described... people stepping out and doing it anyways because survival is the only thing left for them.

#9789007 - 04/20/20 11:21 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: 355-Si]
Big Tasty Online   pandAr
Post Master Supreme

Not to be all Trump supporter but the prolonged Stay at home stance will do more harm than good. We live in a very fragile economy where small changes causes drastic events and we simply can't keep this going for much longer. Restaurants are holding on by a thread, as Vas said Corps will feel the affects soon enough and everyone will suffer for it.

My wife started a new job a month ago (process started before the lockdown) but as a result she had her laptop mailed to her and she as of yet has not seen a coworker face to face yet. Company has started laying off people.

We need to start up again, those who can continue WFH can do so but for others, have it mandatory to wear masks in public (malls, shops..whatever) and have other protocols in place to be safe but have it rolling up again.

Also what is this going to do for all the kids in schools from all age groups? Does school get cancelled for the year, have them forgo summer vacation and continue then, if cancelled then does the summer programs get cancelled too so parents are then stuck again?

#9789013 - 04/20/20 11:26 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Big Tasty]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Got this email from one of the whoesale marketers.

Quote:
MVR is requesting members to wear face masks and gloves while shopping in our facility.

We are strongly implementing:

Membership Card must be presented at entrance.
Maximum 2 people to enter per membership card

I don't agree with the gloves, but if that's what it takes, hope other non-food related businesses open up their doors.

#9789035 - 04/20/20 11:39 AM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty
Not to be all Trump supporter but the prolonged Stay at home stance will do more harm than good. We live in a very fragile economy where small changes causes drastic events and we simply can't keep this going for much longer. Restaurants are holding on by a thread, as Vas said Corps will feel the affects soon enough and everyone will suffer for it.

My wife started a new job a month ago (process started before the lockdown) but as a result she had her laptop mailed to her and she as of yet has not seen a coworker face to face yet. Company has started laying off people.

We need to start up again, those who can continue WFH can do so but for others, have it mandatory to wear masks in public (malls, shops..whatever) and have other protocols in place to be safe but have it rolling up again.

Also what is this going to do for all the kids in schools from all age groups? Does school get cancelled for the year, have them forgo summer vacation and continue then, if cancelled then does the summer programs get cancelled too so parents are then stuck again?

I agree, of the lowest hanging fruit, if everyone wore masks we can definitely accelerate reopening part of the economy. I think that in itself is a very viable solution, the only problem is that effective masks are limited to the N95's.

Last I checked I think 3M N95 can produce about 35 million units per week at full capacity (someone should double check). So once you cover all hospitals/frontline/essential workers and there are enough masks to go around for everyone I think it's reasonable to make it mandatory in public to wear one so we have something quasi functioning opposed to nothing. It's not a perfect solution by any stretch, but I don't know what the alternative is.

#9789158 - 04/20/20 01:10 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/swe...8?ocid=msedgntp

This will be interesting to see how Sweden does.

Edited by A2B-Lexus (04/20/20 01:10 PM)

#9789225 - 04/20/20 02:14 PM Re: Chinese New year corona special $4. [Re: A2B-Lexus]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
New York state is re-opening all public/private boat ramps. We'll see how this goes.

Page 11 of 16 « First<910111213>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads