Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9689522 - 11/28/19 07:25 AM Cordless electric snowblower ... ?
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
6 car asphalt driveway. Nixed the idea of a Ryobi 40V cordless snowblower, and am about to pick up the Toro v60 snowblower with 2x6.0Amp batteries.

Amifukd?

https://kooybros.com/toro-39902-21-power-clear-2x-6-0-ah-battery-snowblower

#9689526 - 11/28/19 07:44 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
A shovel is $12 at Costco.
#9689542 - 11/28/19 08:48 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: furball]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: furball
Cordless electric snowblower

I don't think those 3 words belong together. How much power will it have? How long will the batteries last?

My opinion is if you, well not you specifically but anyone, is contemplating a snowblower, that probably means you either have a lot of snow to shovel, you can't physically shovel it or you don't like doing it. If any of those are true, the next step is acknowledging where you live (GTA) and that we will continue to get winter every year. Put in the extra bucks and get a decent tool.

TLDR: Don't waste your money on that. If you're going to buy one, get something decent.

#9689606 - 11/28/19 12:34 PM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Why not gas powered?
#9689647 - 11/28/19 02:16 PM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Edward_EightyTwo

$19 for the wide one, unfortunately.

#9689648 - 11/28/19 02:17 PM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Cordless electric snowblower

I don't think those 3 words belong together. How much power will it have? How long will the batteries last?

My opinion is if you, well not you specifically but anyone, is contemplating a snowblower, that probably means you either have a lot of snow to shovel, you can't physically shovel it or you don't like doing it. If any of those are true, the next step is acknowledging where you live (GTA) and that we will continue to get winter every year. Put in the extra bucks and get a decent tool.

TLDR: Don't waste your money on that. If you're going to buy one, get something decent.

too much logic packed in here

#9689652 - 11/28/19 02:28 PM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
I would never buy a electric snow blower.

#9689717 - 11/28/19 08:57 PM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
please buy one so we can read a future post on how disappointed you are with the purchase

#9689737 - 11/28/19 10:06 PM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
 Originally Posted By: Edward_EightyTwo

$19 for the wide one, unfortunately.

Might as well buy a snowplow.

#9689806 - 11/29/19 08:07 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
please buy one so we can read a future post on how disappointed you are with the purchase

What will the Jeffersons think of a the Wong's shoveling their own driveway tho?

#9690046 - 11/30/19 07:29 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
First off, the Jeffersons will think it's great how the Smiths living in the home have trained their Manny on how to use the tools in the shed, and wonder if the Manny can also do their driveways.

What will the Jeffersons think of a the Wong's shoveling their own driveway tho?

#9690494 - 12/01/19 02:43 PM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: furball]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
6 car asphalt driveway. Nixed the idea of a Ryobi 40V cordless snowblower, and am about to pick up the Toro v60 snowblower with 2x6.0Amp batteries.

Amifukd?

https://kooybros.com/toro-39902-21-power-clear-2x-6-0-ah-battery-snowblower

In July I bought a Kobalt electric cordless snowblower and used it that one bit of snow we got a few weeks ago. It worked really well! This summer I bought into the Kobalt 80v ecosystem and got the lawnmower, leaf blower, and trimmer. They all work amazingly well so when I saw a deal on the snowblower, I picked that up too. So nice not having to yank on a cord to start them. Just plug in the batt and go. The cost to buy my snowblower is nowhere near the price you linked tho. Its also no where near as big or beefy either. Mine is more of a snow sweeper BUT imo for the average snowfalls we get in T.O. its fine. Mine is small and light, fits the bill perfectly for my relatively small 2-3 car driveway.

My experience with gas snowblowers is they never start when you really need them. Thats why I wanted to go electric. Plus as I said, my snowblower was super cheap so it was worth the price for me. Don't know if I'd spend $1k on any snowblower tho.

#9690528 - 12/01/19 05:12 PM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Raocorp]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
I've had my Arien Snotek for 10 years and it started up fine each time.

Lots of gas powered blowers now have electric start - so if you don't want to / can't start by yanking the cord then that's an option.

I've only changed the oil on it once (last year) and cleaned the carb once (few years ago) - even then, it wasn't dirty at all.

I've never liked cordless anything - battery is useless after a few years and a replacement unit cost as much as buying a brand new machine. F that.

My 70 year old mom uses a POS cordless electric snow broom or whatever its called - that's the only unit light enough for her to use (w/o lifting snow off a shovel) - she seems to like that though; even then, she gave up and hired a snow removal company this year because she's still recovering from her illness.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9690719 - 12/02/19 07:58 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: hyper-s2k]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
i'm using a new EGO twin li-ion battery unit, works great so far. light as hell, does the job. super thick/heavy snow you have to slow down tho. great trq for what it is. also, i can share battery with my EGO mower.

as much as i want/should have a honda gas powered unit, i don't. lol.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9690723 - 12/02/19 08:03 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
HOW BOUT THAT DRIVE TODAY THO

kek

ironically i still got in ok, looks like many stayed home. good!

Edited by Screamin Type ARGH! (12/02/19 08:03 AM)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9690761 - 12/02/19 09:21 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Office parking was pretty empty this morning. Drive was slow but not horrible, that being said, I will leave 15 mins early to get a jump on evening traffic.
#9690816 - 12/02/19 10:30 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: hyper-s2k]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k
I've had my Arien Snotek for 10 years and it started up fine each time.

Lots of gas powered blowers now have electric start - so if you don't want to / can't start by yanking the cord then that's an option.

I've never liked cordless anything - battery is useless after a few years and a replacement unit cost as much as buying a brand new machine. F that.

+1

But truth be told, I don't use my Arien that often. Most of the time I just do it by hand. Only if its a crazy amount of snow and I haven't shoveled at all will I bust it out. Oh that and when the plows come by and block the bottom of the driveway.

#9690838 - 12/02/19 10:51 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I have the equivalent of a 6 car driveway, still do it with a $20 costco shovel.

The only time I want a snowblower is after the plow blocks my driveway, otherwise it's not bad. Disclaimer, I always welcome voluntary discomfort, there are times I want to smash the shovel and just go and buy a blower, but that too shall pass.

#9691204 - 12/02/19 07:47 PM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I got better things to do then to shovel a 6 car drivweway, lol no thanks.

Although I can understand if that's some sort of stress relief for you. So is using my snowblower WHAT CAN I SUCK UP AND TOSS ACROSS THE STREET

#9691372 - 12/03/19 05:20 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

The time savings are questionable, I think it takes me 2-5 mins longer to shovel than it does using a snowblower (I did have a snowblower for a year).
#9691379 - 12/03/19 06:32 AM Re: Cordless electric snowblower ... ? [Re: Risky Business]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Disclaimer, I always welcome voluntary discomfort

spoken like a true slav.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads