Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9625515 - 08/11/19 03:39 PM Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP?
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
Got nailed at 11:00 PM on a weekday couple of weeks ago.

Going to probably plea at the JP this week. Anyone do this lately? My goal is to have it reduced to a non moving violation (not sure if the JP has that power) I don't mind the $110 fine but I would prefer not to have the moving violation.

#9628041 - 08/14/19 08:38 PM Re: Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

So....I will be going through the process and getting a court date. Apparently no one just goes for a reduced fine and the same points. I will be going to court and seeing if I can get it reduced points and fine. Will work from home so won't need to take a day off.
#9628088 - 08/14/19 10:22 PM Re: Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Damn you got a stop sign ticket at 11pm wtf.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9628092 - 08/14/19 10:26 PM Re: Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP? [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Think of the children the cop said.
#9628169 - 08/15/19 07:07 AM Re: Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
 Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
Apparently no one just goes for a reduced fine and the same points.

What the hell is the point of Option 2 then?

#9628192 - 08/15/19 08:24 AM Re: Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
It's the ministry that decides on how many points are associated with a charge. Courts don't get a say in that. So in order for you to get less or no demerit points, they'll either have to change to a different applicable charge, or drop it altogether.

To be fair, 11pm you're unlikely to come across children, BUT I've come upon numerous old people just going for a walk who for some reason, love to wear dark clothing and not walk on the illuminated sidewalks, using the road instead. I actually told a guy I could barely see him and his young kids because of this and instead of educating his kids on how not to get run over, he got all defensive asking if my headlights needed a fix.

#9628252 - 08/15/19 09:49 AM Re: Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

At 11pm LOL

Your best bet is to go to court and hope the cop doesn’t show up. If he doesn’t show up the ticket will get thrown out. If he does show up you can get a reduced fine/charge. Ultimately it isn’t about the points or money as you don’t want a conviction that may increase your premiums.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9628534 - 08/15/19 02:14 PM Re: Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP? [Re: Hatorade]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Do these old tricks work anymore? I've been told by my popo friend they are PAID to show up for these, and if they don't, they get a slap on the wrist ... Even the ticket fighters say the same thing re: popo paid to show up.

If it REALLY isn't about the money ... pay a ticket fighter to do something you can do for free ... but if you're time is money .... that's an option.

Originally Posted By: Hatorade

At 11pm LOL

Your best bet is to go to court and hope the cop doesn’t show up. If he doesn’t show up the ticket will get thrown out. If he does show up you can get a reduced fine/charge. Ultimately it isn’t about the points or money as you don’t want a conviction that may increase your premiums.

#9628537 - 08/15/19 02:15 PM Re: Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP? [Re: furball]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

^ worked the last time I did it..... 10 years ago lol!!!!!!!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9628755 - 08/15/19 07:00 PM Re: Stop sign ticket in Markham. Any1 try negotiating w the JP? [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
Do these old tricks work anymore? I've been told by my popo friend they are PAID to show up for these, and if they don't, they get a slap on the wrist ... Even the ticket fighters say the same thing re: popo paid to show up.

If it REALLY isn't about the money ... pay a ticket fighter to do something you can do for free ... but if you're time is money .... that's an option.

Originally Posted By: Hatorade

At 11pm LOL

I've heard the same from my friend who is an expert at getting tickets.

If nothing else, it give me time to move to the new place and chances are, that is when they will check my abstract and won't do it again for a while. (if they even check 40 yr olds)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads