Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#9615006 - 07/26/19 08:43 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Risky Business]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
 Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
lol ok whatever, its called having responsibilities, and where did I ever say that I prioritize it over human life?

what about doctors? they have work emergencies that are about saving lives when they are on call?

Some of you really need to stop being so ignorant about it. Admit it that the system is not perfect and CAN be improved. That is my point. Some of you really can't comprehend this for some reason. And personally, I don't blindly accept things for how it is when there is clearly room for improvement.

There's already been more than one case where the system has been misused due to the slow reaction. Why can't the person who hits the button to transmit do a last minute check on the situation?

Are we not allowed to look back and review and look for ways to improve the system to make it even more effective? Especially when we all know the technology is there? Someone at some point has technically put a price tag on saving lives.

Not one person has said the system is perfect.
Not one person has said the system has no room for improvement.

These are your own blanket assumptions about everyone that doesn't agree with you.

While the system is imperfect, we ALL have the ability to mute it by turning off our phones, which is within our means and control. That said, I am not interested in strawmen arguments or discussing the outliers of 1% of people who are on call and cannot turn of their phones.

For 99% of the population, the net/net impact of this imperfect system is far more positive than negative.

All the best to you and your family and loved ones.

#9615071 - 07/26/19 10:34 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
I signed up for the petition after reading the complaint in this thread.

https://www.change.org/p/mayor-s-office-...ut-amber-alerts

Thanks guys. MAAGA! (Make Amber Alert Great Again!)

#9615091 - 07/26/19 10:56 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: c2k]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Yup, people who call into 911 to just complain should be fined at the very least.

Should not apply just to amber alerts, should just be in general, make a call to 911 and its not actually an emergency, pay a fine.

#9615303 - 07/26/19 02:04 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: BroKe
I sleep with my windows closed so I don't hear any outside noise. I do that on purpose. What makes my sleep so special to me is that it's mine. Just like yours is yours. If you want to wake up in the middle of the night be my guest. I don't and don't think I should have to for someone else's kid. Foh with that shit.
To be honest even if i got the alert and saw the kid I still probably wouldn't do anything. Said this before. You can't force someone to give a shit about what you care about and I don't expect that from anyone either.

if this was my kid and you did nothing...but i found out about it...lol well then...

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9615334 - 07/26/19 02:43 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
I sleep with my windows closed so I don't hear any outside noise. I do that on purpose. What makes my sleep so special to me is that it's mine. Just like yours is yours. If you want to wake up in the middle of the night be my guest. I don't and don't think I should have to for someone else's kid. Foh with that shit.
To be honest even if i got the alert and saw the kid I still probably wouldn't do anything. Said this before. You can't force someone to give a shit about what you care about and I don't expect that from anyone either.

damn, that's pretty shitty of you. don't forget to call 911 to complain. hope someone doesn't wake you up incase your house is on fire or something or God forbid something happened to a loved one. alot of people including OP rag on emergency services until they need them.

BTW i sleep during the day so please stfu and don't interrupt MY sleep.

If people o much about kids they don't know, go protest Trump taking kids away from their families at the border.
You may think I'm a shitty person and that's fine by me. I'm not here to please anyone. Alot of people need to get off of their high horse. Let's face it. You ain't doing shit about Amber alert. U went back to sleep.
I also don't care if people call 911 to complain. There's a reason people are doing. Fix the system or live with the consequences. FYI I haven't called 911 to complain. I sent an email to the crtc or whoever is in charge the first time shit shit happened

so because of an alert of a missing child in my home country i'm supposed to go protest another country's issue? your argument makes no sense.

lets get this straight, nobody is forcing you to care. its an alert on your phone, i'd hate to tell you how to do simplistic things in life but silencing your phone, turning it off, keeping it in a different room are all options if you don't want to be woken up by an alert; did you write the CRTC to tell them about a chinese telemarketing call or a duct cleaning call? perhaps we should call 911 if there's a test of the emergency broadcast system because it's disrupting me watching fresh prince of belair?

you're right, i did go back to sleep, however for the previous amber alert where the child died, i was on my way home after a shift at 11pm and did keep an eye out for the civic on the 401-400 that was sought after the same route i take home, and look how that ended up but point being, that's what the alert is intended to do.

i don't understand or recall anyone asking you specifically to go out and LOOK for the child. maybe you should get off your high horse and realize that a childs life is more important than you getting your beauty sleep.

if you don't see anything wrong with people calling 911 to complain then i pray that you don't require EMS/fire/police and end up getting a busy signal, the system is not perfect, but it's also not terrible.

it's this kind of cry baby attitude that turns society to shit.

Edited by titty sprinkles (07/26/19 02:52 PM)

#9615377 - 07/26/19 04:30 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: titty sprinkles]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Canadian society values has already been eroded beyond shit. People just throw their hands up and not take any personal responsibility for things and expect the government to figure it out. The government system is so bloated and wasteful that nothing meaningful gets done until its too late.

Personally, I think we don't spend enough money in the public services sector, nor equip them with the latest/best tech.

#9615478 - 07/26/19 08:09 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: furball]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: furball
Why was there no Amber Alert for Ding Ding? \:\|

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ding ding has been returned home

now the owner can play with his ding ding at home \:\|

Edited by titty sprinkles (07/26/19 08:11 PM)

#9615506 - 07/26/19 10:00 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: titty sprinkles]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Is the OPs pussy still agitated?

#9617417 - 07/30/19 03:14 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: LNXGUY]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
people with kids getting extra heated lmao. no logic. Let's start sending alerts for people's dogs next. Or hey let's start sending them out for every missing person. Just because it's a kid everyone is so extra.
#9617424 - 07/30/19 03:20 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Screamin Type ARGH!

if this was my kid and you did nothing...but i found out about it...lol well then...

Lol boohoo

#9617451 - 07/30/19 03:50 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
HBD Titty!
#9617601 - 07/30/19 07:26 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Big Tasty]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

lol thanks man!

oh sorry i shouldn't say that too loud or late before broke wakes up.

Edited by titty sprinkles (07/30/19 07:26 PM)

#9618178 - 07/31/19 12:08 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: titty sprinkles]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

No worries. I don't set my phone to alert me for things like that. Only real emergencies

Happy belated tho

Edited by BroKe (07/31/19 12:08 PM)

#9618320 - 07/31/19 02:18 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks man

Edited by titty sprinkles (07/31/19 02:19 PM)

#9618606 - 07/31/19 08:40 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

The wife helped deliver a baby that later was an Amber Alert so its a touchy subject around here. But fuck getting woke up at 3am for an alert from some city 200kms away lol.
#9619309 - 08/01/19 08:15 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: The Postman]
Balhar Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Gee Tee Ay
bunch of cry babies
#9619324 - 08/01/19 09:22 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Balhar]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
I'm surprised Trudeau hasn't apologized yet.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9619412 - 08/02/19 06:54 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: BroKe]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
oh iPhone, just apply Do Not Disturb. Nothing gets through.

#9620640 - 08/04/19 10:01 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: 355-Si]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si

My wife’s phone is scheduled daily to go DND and the alert still comes through but quieter. My phone is always on silent via the switch and it didn’t come through. Why is there so much inconsistency?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9620755 - 08/04/19 12:15 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Hatorade]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
 Originally Posted By: 355-Si

My wife’s phone is scheduled daily to go DND and the alert still comes through but quieter. My phone is always on silent via the switch and it didn’t come through. Why is there so much inconsistency?

PERFECT SYSTEM, NO ONE ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE IT!

#9621085 - 08/05/19 06:01 AM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: phoenixrage]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

whining about it on the internet =! doing something about it
#9622324 - 08/06/19 11:39 PM Re: Fuck you Amber alert [Re: Risky Business]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

its a discussion forum.. I'm open to discussing things, but clearly you aren't. Get back into your ivory tower.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads