Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9524490 - 03/06/19 04:09 PM You Don't Pay Enough! Sincerely, Rogers
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Many moons ago, I (somehow) managed to add additional mobile numbers under my wife's corporate plan for our parents. They don't use their mobile anywhere near the amount that we do but mainly wanted it for emergencies and of course convenience. We even tried pay-as-you go (does that even still exist?) but it made more sense this way.

Anyway, over the years they have increased the price. I think it was first $19 then it went to $21 and then it went to $23. I just got an email stating it's going up by $5 to $28, with no real explanation given.

Before anyone asks, the plan is unlimited text, evenings, weekends, all incoming calls, plus 600 minutes per month.

Quote:
The monthly service fee for your wireless plan, which is not on a fixed term contract, is increasing by $5 per month from $23/month to $28/month (prior to discounts, add-ons; plus applicable taxes) The increase will be effective April, 6 2019, and will apply to your first bill on or after that date. All other aspects of your wireless service will remain the same.

At Rogers, we’re committed to offering you the highest quality of products and services. That’s why we have invested $6 billion in the last three years alone in upgrades to our technology to continue bringing you the best possible wireless services and coverage.

This change is made in accordance with the CRTC Wireless Code. If you wish to respond to this email or have any questions, concerns or wish to modify, cancel or enhance your wireless services, call us at 1-844-776-4377. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you stay connected to what matters most.

Thank you for continuing to choose Rogers.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications

#9524598 - 03/06/19 07:14 PM Re: You Don't Pay Enough! Sincerely, Rogers [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
i put my parents on 7-11 speakout PAYG but they don't even use their cellphones unless emergencies so this made the most sense... Drop $50 once a year and done. Top up every 365 days / year. The money carries over yearly too.

#9524609 - 03/06/19 07:35 PM Re: You Don't Pay Enough! Sincerely, Rogers [Re: zaius]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
yeah it's become a joke of a monopoly in Canada, just fucked how they pretty much do whatever they want. government be like "WHATCHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?!" to us customer complaints.

just cancel and get your folks a half-decent phone and then a petro-canada pay as you go. one time pay for the SIM card then just buy refill minutes at the station or on a card, good for 1 year. so just start small until they max out, then you'll figure out what's good for them for a year. buying minutes is fairly priced.

Edited by Screamin Type ARGH! (03/06/19 07:37 PM)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9524632 - 03/06/19 08:17 PM Re: You Don't Pay Enough! Sincerely, Rogers [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Online   pandAr
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario

#9524815 - 03/07/19 10:11 AM Re: You Don't Pay Enough! Sincerely, Rogers [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
I just got an email stating it's going up by $5 to $28, with no real explanation given.

Quote:
That’s why we have invested $6 billion in the last three years alone in upgrades to our technology to continue bringing you the best possible wireless services and coverage.

Thank you for continuing to choose Rogers.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications

Someone have to chip in the $6 billion Rogers spent on upgrading their technology

It sucks when the rest of the world pays half of what Canadians paid a month for more data and better service.

#9524932 - 03/07/19 01:28 PM Re: You Don't Pay Enough! Sincerely, Rogers [Re: iamfob]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
I don't see why I have to pay an arm and leg for data that can't even be banked and carried over until the next month if I don't use it all. They should let me carry over or give me money back every month. Especially since they charge if you go over

Edited by Low_Budget_Honda (03/07/19 01:29 PM)

#9525263 - 03/08/19 06:06 AM Re: You Don't Pay Enough! Sincerely, Rogers [Re: BroKe]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
pay as you go is still alive and well

I've been looking at what optiosn there are for my personal phone as I don't use it much for calls or text I just use data and mostly while I'm connected to wifi.

hope this helps

https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/No-Contract-Prepaid-Cell-Plans

#9525323 - 03/08/19 08:52 AM Re: You Don't Pay Enough! Sincerely, Rogers [Re: loudsubz]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: loudsubz
pay as you go is still alive and well

I've been looking at what optiosn there are for my personal phone as I don't use it much for calls or text I just use data and mostly while I'm connected to wifi.

hope this helps

https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/No-Contract-Prepaid-Cell-Plans

If you only need data you could try getting the $15 3GB data only plan from Fido.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9526693 - 03/11/19 04:57 AM Re: You Don't Pay Enough! Sincerely, Rogers [Re: zaius]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: zaius
i put my parents on 7-11 speakout PAYG but they don't even use their cellphones unless emergencies so this made the most sense... Drop $50 once a year and done. Top up every 365 days / year. The money carries over yearly too.

Winning this is the way!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads