Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9382758 - 08/24/18 08:35 AM ToSold is back up
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
They didn't waste any time. With the recent ruling, the general public can now see sold prices and other stats

Quote:
Today the Supreme Court of Canada declined the Toronto Real Estate Board’s application to appeal the Competition Tribunal Order requiring TREB to allow its members to more widely distribute listing information including sold prices.

In short, TREB’s legal challenges to block the convenient provision of relevant and authentic information about the Toronto area real estate marketplace have been exhausted.

This also means that the Just Sold report that we include below is now protected by Canadian law.

If you are a current subscriber you will be receiving this report each weekday evening. If you are not currently subscribed to the Just Sold report and wish to, click here to enroll.

Got an email from ToSold this morning with the recent sold listings.

https://sold.watch/just-sold/

#9382772 - 08/24/18 08:48 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Big Tasty]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Nice! I just checked my email folder (had a rule that filters them out) and sure enough I received it too.

Having said that, after being so embedded in the real estate market for a couple years, as soon as I moved I wanted nothing to do with it. People would ask me all the time, "hey did you see that house is up for sale" or "i wonder how much that one sold for" and my answer each time was the same, "I dont care". I was just so exhausted of being invested in it every single day. Now that time has passed and I'm not actively looking, perhaps I'll casually browse the sold listings.

#9382843 - 08/24/18 10:20 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
Cool

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9382889 - 08/24/18 10:54 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Got that email as well, lol.

#9382920 - 08/24/18 11:32 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: LNXGUY]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
The world needs an Uber/AirBnB equivalent for real estate.

FSBO is a start.

#9382929 - 08/24/18 11:46 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Nice! I just checked my email folder (had a rule that filters them out) and sure enough I received it too.

Having said that, after being so embedded in the real estate market for a couple years, as soon as I moved I wanted nothing to do with it. People would ask me all the time, "hey did you see that house is up for sale" or "i wonder how much that one sold for" and my answer each time was the same, "I dont care". I was just so exhausted of being invested in it every single day. Now that time has passed and I'm not actively looking, perhaps I'll casually browse the sold listings.

Yup, I'm done with moving until it's time to downgrade with kids fully grown.

Now it's just looking for interest sake and seeing how the neighbourhood is going.

#9383218 - 08/24/18 08:31 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Big Tasty]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
I got my email as well....going to see what my area is going for....
#9383552 - 08/26/18 09:33 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: A2B-Lexus]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

i like using bunghole http://www.BUNGOL.ca. it has data like 2 years back (max)

i'm excited to see TREB aftermath. it's about time.

#9383597 - 08/26/18 12:10 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
I got my email as well....going to see what my area is going for....

I know someone that can help you with that :p

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9383649 - 08/26/18 04:17 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Hatorade]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Awesome, fucking scum TREB.
#9383768 - 08/26/18 10:31 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Risky Business]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
It's a tiny token, but looks like they're charging for the reports now. Why not have zillow for Canada if prices are now available.
#9383795 - 08/27/18 05:55 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: 87ZCSi]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Have to grasp at any and all straws to keep the house of cards up. "but i need to charge because the membership fees are so high and they maintain the database"

LOLOL like 0.0000000000000000001% goes to maintenance of that shitty database, it's like operating in MS DOS when using the realtor version.

#9398450 - 09/18/18 04:39 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Are you guys still getting the emails? To my surprise a house sold on my street in a matter of days and so for the first time in a while I wanted to check the prices, but that email was the only one I had received. Ended up using Mongohouse since I already had an account.
#9398582 - 09/18/18 07:56 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Are you guys still getting the emails? To my surprise a house sold on my street in a matter of days and so for the first time in a while I wanted to check the prices, but that email was the only one I had received. Ended up using Mongohouse since I already had an account.

This...….

a friend of mine said to try http://www.bungol.ca. It has home history, comparable houses, household income, ethnicity, etc. Seems very sophisticated compare to MLS info.

#9398643 - 09/18/18 10:04 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya only got the one email too. I really like bungol.ca, wasted a lot of time browsing neighbourhoods and looking at sold data. I see it goes back to 2014 as well, my old place is still there. Good tool to see how the prices in areas have changed over the years.

Wondering what the motivation is for the site though, there is no fee and no advertisement.

#9398651 - 09/18/18 10:17 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Big Tasty]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh

(fuck me i can't help but LOL if i say the quote out loud in a connery accent)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9400964 - 09/22/18 10:02 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
I like housesigma.

Being a Real Estate Broker.

I LOVE THIS RULING!

I'm all for sharing sold prices and historic pricing. F doing that shit for them.

I f'in hate when clients ask to see the area sold prices, historic prices from 1 year back, or how much the current owners bought the house for...WHEN THEY ARE NOT EVEN INTERESTED IN THAT F'in property (not that they tell me they aren't interested but I read people very well). F'in annoying AF.

/rant.

That being said, almost all of you guys on here are tech savvy, entrepreneurial, and quite street smart. I'm not surprised most of you can do a FSBO and run it smoothly.

There are scenarios where people are lazy and don't want to handle everything, they just want their home sold. You pay for convenience, protection, and process.

Eg. What if you have 2 kids, you both have a career making 6figs downtown, and your lovely home is on Main St, Unionville. And you are commuters. How would you show your property to interested people? What if the person just wanted to see the property (s/he was a tire kicker? waste of time).

Agents represent vetted clients who are already in that segment to bring in the right clientele for your property. Agents also man your home and make sure that your shit doesn't get stolen. Basically owning that entire process, and selling the home like it's our own. There are scum Agents, thus why you should always hire someone you know/trust.

You're basically hiring someone who will handle your life savings.

Anyway, I hardly do forever homes. I'm in the investor market, in Asia or UK every 6 weeks bringing in investor money.

So if you guys are selling your home. Shoot me a PM. I'll bring in a buyer. lol

Edited by OracerO (09/22/18 07:05 PM)

#9400973 - 09/22/18 10:23 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: A2B-Lexus]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus

This...….

a friend of mine said to try http://www.bungol.ca. It has home history, comparable houses, household income, ethnicity, etc. Seems very sophisticated compare to MLS info.

Oh smack, this is pretty cool.

MLS is powerful to those who know how to use it. I will tell you right now, 70% of agents out there do not know how to use it. Even I, working in IT consulting for SaaS for my prior job 5yrs ago, i still sought out classes to learn how to use MLS to the full potential.

Bungol.ca looks really good. User friendly UI.

edit: I'm really diggin' Bungol.ca

Edited by OracerO (09/22/18 10:34 AM)

#9401212 - 09/22/18 11:03 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: OracerO]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

It’s cool to see the history of the sold prices, price drops, etc. saw some decent 2 garage places sold for a lot less than I thought.
#9401287 - 09/23/18 07:29 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: OracerO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: OracerO
I like housesigma.

I LOVE THIS RULING!

I'm all for sharing sold prices and historic pricing. F doing that shit for them.

I f'in hate when clients ask to see the area sold prices, historic prices from 1 year back, or how much the current owners bought the house for...WHEN THEY ARE NOT EVEN INTERESTED IN THAT F'in property (not that they tell me they aren't interested but I read people very well). F'in annoying AF.

/rant.

That being said, almost all of you guys on here are tech savvy, entrepreneurial, and quite street smart. I'm not surprised most of you can do a FSBO and run it smoothly.

There are scenarios where people are lazy and don't want to handle everything, they just want their home sold. You pay for convenience, protection, and process.

Eg. What if you have 2 kids, you both have a career making 6figs downtown, and your lovely home is on Main St, Unionville. And you are commuters. How would you show your property to interested people? What if the person just wanted to see the property (s/he was a tire kicker? waste of time).

Agents represent vetted clients who are already in that segment to bring in the right clientele for your property. Agents also man your home and make sure that your shit doesn't get stolen. Basically owning that entire process, and selling the home like it's our own. There are scum Agents, thus why you should always hire someone you know/trust.

Anyway, I hardly do forever homes. I'm in the investor market, in Asia or UK every 6 weeks bringing in investor money.

IMO the ONLY reason you need a mediator in a real estate transaction is because you are dealing with an emotionally charged situation where nothing would ever get done if you had people deal directly with each other...hence come in real estate agent - where majority are degenerates.

The other thing about realtors that I can appreciate is those who can actually talk people into pricing their homes correctly and those who know specific areas. There are a couple of guys in my hood that know the area well, their homes move, always priced in line, then you have jokers with ridiculous prices sitting for months and relisting at new prices, gtfo.

#9401354 - 09/23/18 11:13 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Yup a lot of agents “buy” listings by telling their clients stupid prices lol

As with any industry, especially in sales there’s going to be a shitload of degenerates.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9427636 - 10/25/18 07:33 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Bungol.ca has been down for the last couple of days.... \:\(
#9429360 - 10/28/18 07:18 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Hatorade]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
 Originally Posted By: OracerO
I like housesigma.

I LOVE THIS RULING!

/rant.

IMO the ONLY reason you need a mediator in a real estate transaction is because you are dealing with an emotionally charged situation where nothing would ever get done if you had people deal directly with each other...hence come in real estate agent - where majority are degenerates.

The other thing about realtors that I can appreciate is those who can actually talk people into pricing their homes correctly and those who know specific areas. There are a couple of guys in my hood that know the area well, their homes move, always priced in line, then you have jokers with ridiculous prices sitting for months and relisting at new prices, gtfo.
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Yup a lot of agents “buy” listings by telling their clients stupid prices lol

As with any industry, especially in sales there’s going to be a shitload of degenerates.

Part Timers.

#9433899 - 11/03/18 08:23 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: OracerO]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

mangohouse is being sued by treb. so they’re countersuing.

#9433925 - 11/03/18 11:32 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: zaius]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Screw treb. They need to revamp the whole damn backend. Their portal is a joke.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9439222 - 11/09/18 05:04 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Hatorade]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

bungol is back up. but gotta sign up to see sold prices.

i gots no problem wit that.

#9439580 - 11/10/18 12:28 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: zaius]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

You gotta sign up cause they are selling your infoz to realtors that are buying leads.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9882252 - 08/18/20 12:30 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Hatorade]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Bungol has been suspended. Thanks TREB!
#9882301 - 08/18/20 01:01 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Use housesigma, seems to be the best of the free ones available.

TREB doing TREB things.

#9882869 - 08/19/20 07:31 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Just tried, works for me.

#9882906 - 08/19/20 08:22 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Big Tasty]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

wtf i thought this was all resolved by the supreme court.

Quote:
On August 5, we received a letter from TREB telling us that our MLS data access has been suspended. This came with no prior notice or warning.

TREB told us we breached some of their rules.

We are faced with a kafkaesque situation. TREB was vague in their letter so we don't know exactly what breaches we made. We tried asking them to tell us specifically what we are doing wrong so we can fix them, but they wouldn't give us any details. Instead of giving us an opportunity to fix things, they are immediately putting us through an "administrative process" that will take "several months".

Honestly we are terrified of TREB and would have done whatever they told us to do. We don't understand why they are doing this to us.

We don't know what is going to happen and there is a chance that TREB is going to shut us down completely.

We feel really bad for not being able to keep our data up to date and we know a lot of you are unhappy with our lack of updates. But unfortunately all we can do is wait and see what TREB decides to do because we are powerless in this situation.

#9882933 - 08/19/20 08:56 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: Big Tasty]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty

Just tried, works for me.

Yeah sorry I wasn't specific. It is still up but hasn't been updated

Quote:
We are suspended by TREB. More details.

Data last updated: August 5, 11 AM

#9884327 - 08/20/20 03:34 PM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: zaius]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: zaius
wtf i thought this was all resolved by the supreme court.

Quote:
On August 5, we received a letter from TREB telling us that our MLS data access has been suspended. This came with no prior notice or warning.

TREB told us we breached some of their rules.

We are faced with a kafkaesque situation. TREB was vague in their letter so we don't know exactly what breaches we made. We tried asking them to tell us specifically what we are doing wrong so we can fix them, but they wouldn't give us any details. Instead of giving us an opportunity to fix things, they are immediately putting us through an "administrative process" that will take "several months".

Honestly we are terrified of TREB and would have done whatever they told us to do. We don't understand why they are doing this to us.

We don't know what is going to happen and there is a chance that TREB is going to shut us down completely.

We feel really bad for not being able to keep our data up to date and we know a lot of you are unhappy with our lack of updates. But unfortunately all we can do is wait and see what TREB decides to do because we are powerless in this situation.

Say what?

TREB can do that? I don't understand.

#9884726 - 08/21/20 09:21 AM Re: ToSold is back up [Re: c2k]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: c2k

Say what?

TREB can do that? I don't understand.

TREB GONNA TREB. who cares what the supreme court says.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads