Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#9391052 - 09/07/18 02:22 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
LOL i was going to guess brown.

#9391152 - 09/07/18 03:50 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Lafora]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Lafora
people actually get bothered by this shit?

ok, he doesn't know what he has, and he brags as if he has shit that he doesn't have.

it's just water cooler talk right. let him spew and just uh huh and be doen with it

I have on occasion made people jump through extra hoops when trying to order an M badge for their non-m car...

#9391286 - 09/07/18 05:59 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: titty sprinkles]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
LOL i was going to guess brown.

Yep, that was my first guess, just didn't want to come out and say it and be wrong...because then racist

#9391287 - 09/07/18 05:59 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

This guy has to live at home with his parents.

Let me guess, it's his house and his parents live with HIM ;\)

#9391412 - 09/08/18 04:58 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: A2B-Lexus]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
 Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
Not Chinese....because a Chinese dude would spend the $ and get an older M3 than buy an inferior model and lie about it. (knowing full well that someone would know their shit and call him out)

you know your own peeps. \:D
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9391766 - 09/08/18 06:35 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I want to say I’m surprised but I’m not
I’m really curiosu why these “types” act this way?
Is it to fit in and feel accepted?
What does one gain by acting this way? What does it matter if he drove a 90s corolla? Would people not talk to him lol

This guys fronting on all his “toys” and here I am debating if I should buy a used higher mileage sienna lol

#9391781 - 09/08/18 07:45 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: loudsubz]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Do it. Sienna is great. Just don’t buy a Sedona or I’ll kill you.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9391840 - 09/08/18 09:44 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Hatorade]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Reminds me of the buddy from one of the part-time jobs with then brand new 2002 Chevy Camero with a V6 engine.
He was so proud and said it will be a collectible. 2002 was the last year they produced the Camero until 2010

I think I ran into him about 5 years after that.
When I asked him about the Camero, he said he had sold it because it was falling apart

#9391970 - 09/09/18 10:24 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

You owe it to yourself to learn how to spell.
#9392006 - 09/09/18 11:29 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

^lmfaoooo

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9392304 - 09/09/18 11:01 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Hatorade]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
I had a friend that was looking at buying an s2k, this was like 10yrs ago. So I was taking about it with a coworker and when I mentioned that my friend was looking at buying one he proceeded to tell me that he currently owned 5. I was like "oh, that's cool." needless to say that was the end of that conversation.
#9392343 - 09/10/18 07:46 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Raocorp]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Do you EVEN Hot Wheels bro!

Originally Posted By: Raocorp
I had a friend that was looking at buying an s2k, this was like 10yrs ago. So I was taking about it with a coworker and when I mentioned that my friend was looking at buying one he proceeded to tell me that he currently owned 5.

#9392868 - 09/10/18 07:51 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: loudsubz]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
 Originally Posted By: loudsubz
I want to say I’m surprised but I’m not
I’m really curiosu why these “types” act this way?
Is it to fit in and feel accepted?
What does one gain by acting this way? What does it matter if he drove a 90s corolla? Would people not talk to him lol

This guys fronting on all his “toys” and here I am debating if I should buy a used higher mileage sienna lol

santa fe xl

#9445604 - 11/19/18 08:01 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
So on Friday we had a convo about winter tires

Him: That reminds me I have to go by the dealership to get my winter tires put on
Me: (Knowing he is a crazy mechanic who custom built the engine in his Corvette himself) You go to the dealership? You don't put them on yourself?
Him: No way man, that's not something I mess with.
Me: Changing tires? Why?
Another Colleague: Yea, you swap out the engine on your motorcycle with some suped up engine and you don't change your own tires?
Me: (Ah I see he's been spewing his stories to others as well)
Him: Nah man, I don't have a torque wrench.
Another Colleague: You have all the tools to take apart an engine and you won't buy a torque wrench?
Him: This one time I changed my tires I messed it up and it cost me $500 to fix it.
Me: What happened?
Him: I don't know but they had to remove the hubcap ...
Me: ( did he really just say "hubcap"?)
Him: ... and replace everything. I'm not making that mistake again. I'll leave it to the pros. And besides they store them for me as well.

#9445627 - 11/19/18 08:22 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

INB4FurBallisThatYou

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO

Me: ( did he really just say "hubcap"?)
Him: ... and replace everything. I'm not making that mistake again. I'll leave it to the pros. And besides they store them for me as well.

#9445631 - 11/19/18 08:24 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
wow.....................................................................WOW

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9445635 - 11/19/18 08:26 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: furball]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

I'm not shitting on anyone that doesn't change their own tires. But if you're going to go off about doing all your own wrenching and you don't know the difference between a hubcap and the hub assembly then maybe you should let someone else handle it.
#9445737 - 11/19/18 10:02 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

why would you even continue speaking to someone like that about anything remotely about cars?

(assuming you have to talk to this guy at work about other work stuff and you can't just completely ignore him.)

Edited by phoenixrage (11/19/18 10:03 AM)

#9445749 - 11/19/18 10:13 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: phoenixrage]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Pathological liar. Probably doesnt even realize he is lying.
#9445947 - 11/19/18 12:08 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: spd-dmn]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
why would you even continue speaking to someone like that about anything remotely about cars?

(assuming you have to talk to this guy at work about other work stuff and you can't just completely ignore him.)
Yeah I interact with him on a daily basis, so non-work discussion surface often. Trust me, I have all kinds of non-car stories about this guy.

Originally Posted By: spd-dmn
Pathological liar. Probably doesnt even realize he is lying.
Bingo!

#9446095 - 11/19/18 01:19 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: spd-dmn]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: spd-dmn
Pathologically gay. Probably doesnt even realize he is gay.

FTFY

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9446160 - 11/19/18 02:23 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
These people are everywhere in life. It's up to you how you want to handle it.
You could ask him follow up questions to give him enough rope to hang himself, or just nod and smile.

As a coworker, I wonder if his resume is a fun read.

#9446237 - 11/19/18 02:57 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: 87ZCSi]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Yes don't get me wrong, this isn't the first (or last) time I have come across this breed. I started the thread for everyone's entertainment. I desperately wanted to call him out many times but ultimately chose the nod and smile approach.

You should see how this schmuck conducts interviews

#9446277 - 11/19/18 03:23 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

we have this rep from head office that comes in every so often, spewing his B.S. One day I call him out cause I caught him in a lie which contradicted what he just said a few moments prior. Now whenever he comes in and avoids me.

Edited by phoenixrage (11/19/18 03:23 PM)

#9446333 - 11/19/18 04:17 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: phoenixrage]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

This guy is amazing, can you share more stories?

How old is he approx?

#9446372 - 11/19/18 04:58 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Risky Business]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

He's 35. Yes I have other stories, I'm questioning if I should share
#9446388 - 11/19/18 05:21 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
do share plz.

#9446389 - 11/19/18 05:23 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Just lay it all out, this guy sounds like a gem. \:D I am vicariously living through you as I miss some of the day to day corporate fuckeries like this.

#9446423 - 11/19/18 06:28 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Risky Business]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Just lay it all out, this guy sounds like a gem. \:D I am vicariously living through you as I miss some of the day to day corporate fuckeries like this.

+1

#9446547 - 11/19/18 09:44 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: 87ZCSi]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
Hey..... At least he knew that a torque wrench was needed to do a tire change lol.

Maybe you should have said something like "why do YOU need a torque wrench, you can probably just feel it in the wrench with your hands" lmao

#9446675 - 11/20/18 05:06 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Raocorp]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
Sounds like the typical I think I'm better than most because I drive a "BMW". Meanwhile it's a shit model that no one wants.
#9446839 - 11/20/18 10:06 AM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Raocorp]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: 87ZCSi

+1

+2 keeping it real rids you of idiots, so i enjoy reading these posts...

Originally Posted By: Raocorp
Hey..... At least he knew that a torque wrench was needed to do a tire change lol.

Maybe you should have said something like "why do YOU need a torque wrench, you can probably just feel it in the wrench with your hands" lmao

when i feel my shoulder click thats when i know its good to go

#9447003 - 11/20/18 12:20 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

So whenever you conduct an interview you have to have someone else sit in on it and score the candidate. To alleviate getting HR to sit in on the interviews, managers will just ask another manager to assist. Sometimes its just to be a fly on the wall, take notes and rank the candidate, other times they want them to be engaged and ask questions. He has asked me to sit in his interviews.

I have held many interviews that are very formal and others that are very informal. At my current company they are formal. Questions have to be determined in advance and submitted to HR. Each candidate needs to have been presented with the same questions and not just a casual interview where you let the discussion take its course. Again, for fairness everyone has to have the same opportunity.

Well damn, I can see he doesn't have much interview experience. He's asking questions that are not even on the agenda. Again, this is fine in other companies and settings, but this is very formal and you have to stick to the script. I spoke to him about that. So sure enough he is now asking the questions on the script, but in his own words. What's wrong with that? Well different candidates get a different version or interpretation of the question. Additionally and more importantly, he completely changes the context of the question. He intends to ask the question, but ends up asking a completely different question which make note taking and scoring for that question rather difficult. JUST READ THE WORDS ON THE PAPER.

Oh did I mention he wanted me to write his interview questions for him?

Its also his demeanor in the interviews, he's way to casual. I'm not saying to act like a drill sergeant, but be a little more professional. For example:

Him: What's the weather like out today?
Candidate: Oh it's really cold
Him: I hear ya. We (pointing to himself and the candidate) we're not meant for this weather. We're used to 30 degrees. (the candidate was also brown \:\| )

His transition from one question to another is also questionable. After the candidate answers a question his response is "excellent", "wonderful" or "great" as he flips the page to proceed to the next question. Really dude? What interview are you sitting in, cuz this guy is bombing big time? Don't give the candidate false hope or positive feedback when it isn't warranted. They could easily turn around and question whey they weren't hired given the positive words they were hearing.

Ok I should end this rant now cuz I'm going off the deep end.

#9447101 - 11/20/18 01:10 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

So this guy is pretty much textbook example of "that guy" that we all know or have come across.

My question that most likely doesn't need answering is if he is good at what he does, and "what he does" being at the core of my question. I can't imagine this guy doing a technical position, so he must be in some sort of "soft" type of role, which is how he has managed to still be employed while completely oblivious to his surroundings.

The other alarming issue is whether or not his direct manager is a complete idiot as well?

Is there anything good that this guy can do, he must be employed for a reason?

#9447380 - 11/20/18 09:55 PM Re: Convo with co-worker about his car [Re: Risky Business]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Is there anything good that this guy can do, he must be employed for a reason?

they needed check mark the diversity box.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads