Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9389707 - 09/05/18 08:13 PM Need some advice from seasoned homeowner’s
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
A neighbour of my mother has a big ass tree in the corner or their backyard which is close to a fence separating the two properties. Part of the tree fell yesterday damaging the fence and is partially in my mother’s backyard. Who’s responsible for the clean up and repair of the fence?
#9389744 - 09/05/18 09:11 PM Re: Need some advice from seasoned homeowner’s [Re: civic13]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
go talk to neighbor, mention you're willing to help out what you can, usually 50/50. The last thing you want is issues with neighbours
#9389777 - 09/05/18 10:56 PM Re: Need some advice from seasoned homeowner’s [Re: loudsubz]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
I know that if a neighbor's tree is overhanging in your yard you can do whatever you like (ie cut) the portion that's on your side. However if something happens to his side of the tree (ie it dies) and he can prove it had something to do with your actions then you're in trouble.

I'm sure 311 can answer your questions easily, they deal with this type of stuff everyday.

#9389861 - 09/06/18 08:46 AM Re: Need some advice from seasoned homeowner’s [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
burn the whole neighborhood down.. just to be sure...

#9389943 - 09/06/18 10:32 AM Re: Need some advice from seasoned homeowner’s [Re: phoenixrage]
Mr.Bozack Offline
Sr Member

Loc: Ontario
A friend of a friend had something similar happen at his cottage and the owner of the tree was responsible.

#9389999 - 09/06/18 11:56 AM Re: Need some advice from seasoned homeowner’s [Re: Mr.Bozack]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
Yep I believe the owner of the tree is responsible, but, IMO we need to be reasonable adults. Without permit the owner couldn't take it down, which your mom likely wouldn't want anyway. Without access to your yard the owner couldn't be trimming the tree. The owner of the house didn't plant the tree, it was there, and could have been on mom's side. I'm with loudsubz.
#9390005 - 09/06/18 12:09 PM Re: Need some advice from seasoned homeowner’s [Re: 87ZCSi]
civic13 Offline
Post Master

Loc: You Know
Thanks guys.

My mother and the neighbour are OK with each other. They talk sometimes. But he's lazy.

She's gonna and see if he's home as no one answered the door yesterday. She could care less about the tree. She wants it gone cuz she's always worried about it falling on the house.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads