Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9259028 - 02/21/18 08:46 AM Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is.
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is ‘notorious market’ for counterfeit goods

You don't say?!

https://www.cp24.com/news/pacific-mall-d...goods-1.3811769

#9259040 - 02/21/18 08:50 AM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: c2k]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Homage.

Tribute.

Replica.

#9259065 - 02/21/18 09:08 AM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
FWIW, that report from the US was pretty good at listing top pirate sites 'n stuff

Edited by furball (02/21/18 09:08 AM)

#9259131 - 02/21/18 10:02 AM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: furball]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
This was mentioned on a radio program this morning and the host repeatedly mentioned that when you buy any counterfeit goods, be it DVDs, clothing or cigarettes (is that a thing or is he referring to those made by natives?) that you are supporting organized crime.

Do you feel that is accurate? Even if its some guy selling movies, do you feel its all traced back to organized crime? Well I guess it can be considered as such, but when I think of the term "organized crime" I think more of the mob/mafia/gangs etc

On the flip side, what about downloading pirated content? Does that support organized crime? You're not actually paying for the goods.

No, I'm not trying to make myself feel better, just striking up conversation (which has been rather slow lately)

#9259369 - 02/21/18 01:08 PM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
BroKe Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario
I think these things have to be there. Fuck these monopolies.
One of my biggest peeves right now is how Spotify is charging 10 bux a month to access music. I've never paid for music before and don't think I will any time soon

#9259700 - 02/21/18 06:32 PM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
This was mentioned on a radio program this morning and the host repeatedly mentioned that when you buy any counterfeit goods, be it DVDs, clothing or cigarettes (is that a thing or is he referring to those made by natives?) that you are supporting organized crime.

Do you feel that is accurate? Even if its some guy selling movies, do you feel its all traced back to organized crime? Well I guess it can be considered as such, but when I think of the term "organized crime" I think more of the mob/mafia/gangs etc

On the flip side, what about downloading pirated content? Does that support organized crime? You're not actually paying for the goods.

No, I'm not trying to make myself feel better, just striking up conversation (which has been rather slow lately)

IMO its all a scare tactic. I'm sure lots of counterfit goods are tied to organized crime but I highly doubt there's a ring of criminals recording movies with camcorders and then selling them on dvd's for $2. that's just silly. the is so much more money in other illicit activities (drugs/women etc). I'd be willing to bet most of the movies from pacific mall the shop owner torrents the movies then sells to the out of touch individuals who don't know they can do it themselves for free. Still shocks me when co-workers tell me about buying these pirated movies. I've been on IPTorrents for over 10years, almost from when they first started actually, so that where all my downloading needs come from. Have never been disappointed by that place.

I also agree with lowbudgethonda on the fucking of monopolies. I've heard "satelite" radio many years ago and fairly recently. back in the days, it really was no ads. Now, i've heard stations with ads. Its BS imo. Netflix will do the same eventually. I literally just got netflix like in January. I don't see the appeal, but then again, i'm not a TV/movie junkie or couch potato.

#9259744 - 02/21/18 07:57 PM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: BroKe]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: Low_Budget_Honda
I think these things have to be there. Fuck these monopolies.
One of my biggest peeves right now is how Spotify is charging 10 bux a month to access music. I've never paid for music before and don't think I will any time soon

I've never paid for anything, but Spotify is well worth the $$$, especially if you've got Sonos in the house.

#9259855 - 02/21/18 09:45 PM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: LNXGUY]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
i fucks with spotify. i pay for netflix and let my brother use it and he pays for spotify and i use it. you gotta brown these things up man lol

#9259973 - 02/21/18 11:39 PM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: titty sprinkles]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I already do that with ExpressVu

#9260214 - 02/22/18 08:44 AM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: LNXGUY]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Can’t remember the last time I went to the pacific mall.
I used to there for Canada Computers but it’s everywhere now.
Then Amazon appeared.

#9260286 - 02/22/18 09:29 AM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: porschetr]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
lmao

annnnd nothing will change.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9260290 - 02/22/18 09:30 AM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: porschetr]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
The issue is that the counterfeit stuff isn't even that cheap.
#9260296 - 02/22/18 09:32 AM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: OracerO]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: OracerO
The issue is that the counterfeit stuff isn't even that cheap.

My guess is that they're trying to pass it off as discounted originals.

#9260909 - 02/22/18 03:16 PM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
^Nah, it's blatantly and proudly counterfeit.
There is simply different grade of counterfeit, and stores there are known for very well made replica product (at least for ladies apparel and accessories!)

XD XD XD XD

#9262276 - 02/24/18 12:23 AM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: 4age]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
How is this even news?

Cops raid that mall a few times over - These news seem to pop up once or twice every few years just to stir things up in the news to get attention.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9262394 - 02/24/18 12:24 PM Re: Pacific Mall ‘deeply disturbed’ to learn it is. [Re: hyper-s2k]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
its news cause it was news in the states recently.. meanwhile I'm like.. welcome to 20 years ago.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads