Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#9225921 - 01/06/18 03:12 PM Min wage increase
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
Who's actually in support of this and why?

#9226110 - 01/06/18 09:14 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: 4Three]
Hatorade Offline
Honda Hator
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Minimum wage increase is needed but at incremental periods, not a huge jump. $15/hr is way too fucking much for someone that is a cashier or flipping burgers.

Besides aren't minimum wage jobs suppose to be a transitional job? Ie students, new immigrants...

Like who goes out looking for a minimum wage job and says that's my career.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9226429 - 01/07/18 05:26 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Hatorade]
Low_Budget_Honda Offline
Post Master

Loc: Markham, Ontario
I support it even though it will probably affect me negatively. It's tough out here. Cost of living is way too high right now and it's long over due. Sucks it's so sudden but when has our government done anything logical.
#9226457 - 01/07/18 06:27 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Low_Budget_Honda]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
I get that cost of living is high. Shouldn't that be motivation not to be stuck in minimum wage jobs? Shouldn't the government focus on programs to maybe train people into jobs that pay better than minimum, and also change the tax structure for those at or near the bottom? Right now, the government is basically passing the responsibility over to businesses. Businesses have a pretty pure and simple objective to turn over as much profit as possible. Trying to mandate them to make less is silly. It's really no different than taxing the companies except this way, the companies' now have to look like the bad guy they don't don't agree with this tax.

That wage increase will shrink the gap between low and middle class. What's the motivation for the guy who used to feel special making $15/hp? We need a way to get those people out of those jobs instead of compensating them excessively.

#9226570 - 01/07/18 10:44 PM Re: Min wage increase [Re: 4Three]
Hatorade Offline
Honda Hator
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
^spot on

That's the same convo I had with my wife. At the end of the day the only thing this is benefiting is the government. Now these minimum wage workers will pay more tax and companies will have to pay more as well on ei/cop and then the increase in goods and services means even more tax dollars.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9226613 - 01/08/18 04:33 AM Re: Min wage increase [Re: Hatorade]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

It's needed, but it's a bait & switch. What's really needed is to reel in government overspending & holding them accountable to their greed. Give small businesses a tax break so there's more competition with the bigger corporations not the other way around.

The problem is between middle class & upper class, it needs to shrink back to something more realistic. Something attainable.

There needs to be something in there for seniors on a fixed income as well.

Basically just more transparency all around.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
Cruchfield
Audio/Video/Cameras
DeadWood Knives
Knives, Home & Hunting
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
TireRack
Tires/Wheels/Suspension
1-800-Flowers
Flowers & Gift Baskets
WeatherTech
Coupon Code "take10"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
Artisan Soap Lab
Handcrafted Bodycare
Advertisement

| Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Porsche Brake Kits-Big Brake Kits | WeatherTech Mats -Coupon Code weathertech10