pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Did you give hin a cake as well?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9216863 - 12/24/17 12:52 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: Hatorade]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
Congrats on selling the EL relatively painless

When I was selling my STi, I got lucky with a 21 years old kid who bought it close to my asking price.

#9216898 - 12/24/17 09:08 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: porschetr]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr
Haha, interesting story.

The Messages

Posted the ad on LetGo on Monday morning. Kijiji was getting a couple of low baller offers. Didn’t respond to any of those. One guy messaged me and told me to Smarten up because a 2009 Civic is going for the same price. I was sure that was one of you guys LOL.
Then a 23 year old kid from Aurora sent a message on Monday afternoon. asked basic questions and offered $2k.
Then said he gets paid on Thursday and will come then. Wednesay is his 23rd Bday.
I didn’t trust him. Might be trolling. FB searched his name and I see he has 3 different active accounts. A pale white kid with lots of tattoos. So I was almost sure he was trolling.

I think I am being trolled.
Wednesday he messages again. He would come after work as soon as he gets paid on Thursday. So around 5. Asked me if I wanted to meet half way. I said no insurance so no. I had the insurance but didn’t want to go up and get mugged or something. FB stalked his name again and scrolled down further. LoL, he had my ad posted and informed everyone it would be his Thursday.

The Expected
So Thursday comes and he messages me in the afternoon saying his ride had bailed out. OH ya, there we go. Wasted time responding to an idiot.... I asked if he was still coming. He said he is still coming but around 7 instead....by bus from Aurora.
I felt bad and offered him a ride from the bus station near by me.
A couple of hours later, he messages me again saying he was shorted and only has $1,900. I said it's fine, I would just take the trunk off the car. Some time later, he messages me..his girlfriend's mother is covering the hundred. he says he just got on the bus and will be here in 1.5 hrs.
Then messaged me every now and then when he passed major intersections. Lol. Told him to meet at the supermarket parking lot by the bus station

Time to meet the buyer
I get into my EL for the last time and fired it up. Headed to the supermarket where he'd be waiting. There he was, waving at me near the supermarket entrance.
He had nothing on him....but a couple bag of food. Wendys? Fuck, he didn't even bring the license plate.... Oh well, not my problem.
So picked him up. It was a busy parking lot with lots of Christmas shoppers. I go around the lot to get to the exit then he asked me where I was going. He kinda panicked and said we gotta get it done here. \:o

Another round tour of the parking lot
I said I thought we'd get it done at my place. He said his girlfriend is here.
Oh...so we go back to the spot where I picked him up and there's a girl with two fountain drinks. WTF, where was she before?
So,we pick her up and go around the parking lot again and finally my in driveway.
I turned the engine off and said, this is the car. He said, cool and started counting the cash. 100,200,3,4,5...17,18,19.....20! Just hands me $2k without looking at the car. I laughed and told him he shouldn't have handed me the money like that. He said, he came to buy the car and not going home without it.

The final moment
That's it. We got out of the car. I quickly showed him what he was getting. Got the paper work, signed. Brought out like 2 suit case full of stock parts that's been taking up the space for the last 15+ years. Also gave him the brand new header I bought off ebay last year, and the new O2 sensor. I think worth about $200.

So, both were happy, and I was too kinda. Still can't believe it's not mine anymore. They get in the car, I go inside the garage. I didn't close the garage door...want to see my car a little longer I guess. Started to "organize" the garage while they prepared to go.. Then the kid calls me over.
He asks me how to start this thing. I go and asked if it was in Park. It was. I reached over, cranked...starts up fine. lol
Another round of Byes!
He pulls out of the driveway... puts into drive...GUNS it.
Well! Not my problem.
Yup, $2,000 cash I got. Also kept my CF hood.

Oh he messaged me today asking if the car is certified/etested
Not sure how much it would cost to certify it.
Today, I went to MTO and signed the SOLD Car Status sheet. Couldn't be done online or phone.

I think I am gonna hang this on the wall along with the license plate.

One day i'd like a similar write up on how you get through life on a daily basis.

Regardless, congrats on the sale. Seems like it was a pretty well maintained car and still has a lot of life left in it.

One thing that made no sense to me, he came completely unprepared for the purchase, you had your plates removed, what plates did he drive the car home with?

by any chance, are you and furball related?

#9216900 - 12/24/17 09:15 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: Risky Business]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
The girlfriend had it in her bag.
I already had my front removed from day before. They removed my rear plate and put theirs on.
Don’t think he had the front one.

Thanks folks.
In for 100% SUV life

#9216924 - 12/24/17 09:44 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: porschetr]
1300cc_Rocket Offline
Post Master Jr

Loc: Ontario
Know what it feels like. Just like that it belongs to someone else. Sold the SiR for 3800 as is this summer after having it for 15years. The guy I sold it to is mature late 30s, barely uses it and I would in theory have the chance to buy it back in the same condition I sold it in barring any massive run-up of value on daily driven EM1s (doubt it). Declined an offer of 4000 because the prospective buyer was a moron that would have wrecked it.
#9216926 - 12/24/17 09:55 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: 1300cc_Rocket]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Last 2 cars I sold were similar, i will sell to whoever i like better.

For my TL i had two guys cash in hand ready to buy the car, one guy was the more stand up dude that really appreciated the condition and the mods i did so i actually held the car for an extra week just to sell to him even though the other guy was ready to buy right away. Guy i ended up selling to had his TL written off and was waiting on the insurance money. Don't regret it one bit.

Similar story with my M3, the guy to this day sends me pics of the car and what he did with it.

#9217131 - 12/24/17 07:12 PM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: porschetr]
Raocorp Offline
Cougar Slayer
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: porschetr
The girlfriend had it in her bag.
I already had my front removed from day before. They removed my rear plate and put theirs on.
Don’t think he had the front one.

Thanks folks.
In for 100% SUV life

Crazy story but I wouldn't let anyone take my car like that. If they wreck it on the way home, it's still registered to you technically and could be problematic for you. And likely no insurance either which is even worse. Next day the guy asks if it's certified and etested, crazy. Must have been a first time buyer.

#9218004 - 12/27/17 11:33 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: Raocorp]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
Congrats!

Same how i felt about selling my Integra. Was working downtown for 4-5years during that time, so didn't need a car. Ended up up getting a car of my own until last year (s3). I'm already looking for the next. damn.

#9218123 - 12/27/17 02:26 PM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: OracerO]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

911 or bust

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9221211 - 01/02/18 08:42 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: Risky Business]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
by any chance, are you and furball related?

#9358584 - 07/11/18 09:03 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: porschetr]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge

#9358615 - 07/11/18 09:43 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: porschetr]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL feels like that kid is trolling himself

XD XD XD XD

#9358770 - 07/11/18 12:45 PM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: 4age]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
daaaaaaaang. lol
#9358864 - 07/11/18 02:10 PM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: OracerO]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
cheap detailing car? hrmmmm

#9359196 - 07/11/18 09:07 PM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: titty sprinkles]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
lost his license. vehicle impounded. looking for a street or dirt bike. sounds like a bright individual right thurrr.

#9359374 - 07/12/18 09:17 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: 4Three]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
JFC

#9359942 - 07/12/18 10:52 PM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: 4Three]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
 Originally Posted By: 4Three
lost his license. vehicle impounded. looking for a street or dirt bike. sounds like a bright individual right thurrr.

Sounds like he is trying to win the Darwin award quicker.

#9360040 - 07/13/18 08:10 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: LNXGUY]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
JFC

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9361490 - 07/15/18 05:15 PM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
buy it back for $500 so he can get an e-bike.

#9361648 - 07/16/18 06:42 AM Re: Anyone need a winter beater [Re: zaius]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Quote:
currently in elliot's towing impound yard

I wonder if he knows how much they're raping him on daily storage costs.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads