Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#9117466 - 08/28/17 12:12 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
Congrats, that was a fast purchase.

#9117476 - 08/28/17 12:21 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
 Originally Posted By: spd-dmn
wat it do

You had me till I saw that stupid screen.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9117484 - 08/28/17 12:25 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Agreed, still work to be done to nicely integrate these new screens.

But everyone's doin it =/

#9117919 - 08/28/17 07:27 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: spd-dmn]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Honda HR-V update:

- Went for a test drive ... We were eyeing the LX AWD model ... I test drove it before, and it checked off everything needed for the MIL...
- WTF, the entire door panel is fabric? Likely to reduce road noise.
- Rear headroom is pretty bad, the rear headrests are also kinda weird.
- The trunk 'deck' ... OMFG. Most cheap cars have this cheap felt-covered liner, what does HR-V have? It's this bendy mesh. Reminds me of those ghetto suction-cup sunscreens for vehicles... It really feels cheap.

- The rear seats tumble like a gymnastics hooker in various positions, which was interesting, but I see no need for some of the positions; the one where you lift the seat upwards...Which gives another major problem...
- The rear seats are held up by a U-shaped piece of metal, off the floor of the vehicle It just feels cheap as fuck, and I'd be concerned about rust from water/salt from boots/ etc... i.e. boot heels, etc would likely brush against it....

- Front passenger seat's foot well is 'curved' upward, as it's such a small frame... Dunno........

- The EX model has this REALLY trippy right-side blind-spot camera thingie ... If you signal right (or you press a button), you'll see the view of the right side of your car... super super trippy. I like. The weird thing is, it's not available for the LEFT blind spot \:\|

From the outside, and from the front driver's seat, it's a good car...Else... I dunno...

Will have to re-test the Mazda CX-3, and test drive/review the Toyota CH-R, and Mazda 5...

Audi Q3 would be superb, but $$$ ... Mini Cooper (sedan and/or countryman) are likely not 'high enough', and $$$.

So... the hunt continues...

UPDATE 2: I remember another thing I also hated in the 2018 Audi Q5:
- the moonroof wind deflector is thin mesh. Wear 'n tear on that will be cray.

Edited by furball (08/28/17 09:59 PM)

#9117999 - 08/28/17 08:45 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: furball
- The trunk 'deck' ... OMFG. Most cheap cars have this cheap felt-covered liner, what does HR-V have? It's this bendy mesh. Reminds me of those ghetto suction-cup sunscreens for vehicles... It really feels cheap.

I used to have a third gen CRV and my favourite feature about the vehicle (which I believe was only available on EX-L models) was the rear fold-able hard shelf. In my opinion it increased the trunk space significantly. To my surprised not only did no other comparable make/model offer this feature but in the fourth gen CRV Honda removed it. I wish my Odyssey had something similar \:\(

#9118632 - 08/29/17 03:26 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
nice buy on the audi

#9120270 - 08/31/17 09:12 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

The Honda HR-V is an econo cross-over on a Honda Fit chasis. It is built in Mexico, what do you expect for $25,000 Furball??? It ain't no Audi Q5 that's for sure so it definitely felt cheap considering it is half the cost and size of a Q5...

#9120280 - 08/31/17 09:21 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
I saw a Levante on the road the other day and was sure it was the OP driving.

But then I realized he probably ended up in a Kia Soul.

#9120417 - 08/31/17 11:15 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: iamfob
The Honda HR-V is an econo cross-over on a Honda Fit chasis. It is built in Mexico, what do you expect for $25,000 Furball???

beat me to it lol. but yeah that's the deal.
also they sell out. sucks it's slow as balls but the 6spd/AWD is fun. would love to make a winter rally cross-over out of that lol.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9121757 - 09/01/17 05:02 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: porschetr]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
SQ5 is nice for sure. Ballin'. You drive 1.7 EL into the ground SO gets a brand new SQ5 - I work backwards to you man lol.

Congrats on the new car

#9121873 - 09/01/17 08:55 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: JEFFOS]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Sweet!

#9121973 - 09/02/17 07:08 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: JEFFOS]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
SQ5 is nice for sure. Ballin'. You drive 1.7 EL into the ground SO gets a brand new SQ5 - I work backwards to you man lol.

Congrats on the new car

Didn't you get the memo?

Happy Wife, Happy Life?

#9122015 - 09/02/17 09:33 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

Congrats on the new car

Didn't you get the memo?

Happy Wife, Happy Life?

Tell us how that worked out for you.

#9122026 - 09/02/17 10:03 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business
 Originally Posted By: c2k

Congrats on the new car

Didn't you get the memo?

Happy Wife, Happy Life?

Tell us how that worked out for you.

I think living in Hamilton says it all.

#9122038 - 09/02/17 10:28 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
 Originally Posted By: furball
Honda HR-V update:

- Went for a test drive ... We were eyeing the LX AWD model ... I test drove it before, and it checked off everything needed for the MIL...
- WTF, the entire door panel is fabric? Likely to reduce road noise.
- Rear headroom is pretty bad, the rear headrests are also kinda weird.

- The rear seats tumble like a gymnastics hooker in various positions, which was interesting, but I see no need for some of the positions; the one where you lift the seat upwards...Which gives another major problem...
- The rear seats are held up by a U-shaped piece of metal, off the floor of the vehicle It just feels cheap as fuck, and I'd be concerned about rust from water/salt from boots/ etc... i.e. boot heels, etc would likely brush against it....

- Front passenger seat's foot well is 'curved' upward, as it's such a small frame... Dunno........

- The EX model has this REALLY trippy right-side blind-spot camera thingie ... If you signal right (or you press a button), you'll see the view of the right side of your car... super super trippy. I like. The weird thing is, it's not available for the LEFT blind spot \:\|

From the outside, and from the front driver's seat, it's a good car...Else... I dunno...

Will have to re-test the Mazda CX-3, and test drive/review the Toyota CH-R, and Mazda 5...

Audi Q3 would be superb, but $$$ ... Mini Cooper (sedan and/or countryman) are likely not 'high enough', and $$$.

So... the hunt continues...

UPDATE 2: I remember another thing I also hated in the 2018 Audi Q5:
- the moonroof wind deflector is thin mesh. Wear 'n tear on that will be cray.

The wife is looking to replace the 2012 Fiat 500 to get an suv. This is high on her list as she doesn't want to drive anything big. Going to be in the market for an slightly used EX-L with leather and nav.

Her other choice is the 500X. It has more character but prob lots of little problems like her Fiat 500.

#9125461 - 09/07/17 08:19 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: A2B-Lexus]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Walked into a bunch of dealerships...

1) Toyota C-HR
- I actually like, quite a bit. The panels are all soft rubber, and have details on them (molded in?) i.e. the dash had stitching on it, which I assume is just molded in plastic, door panels had a diamond-shaped molded in, and even the headliner in the front had some design.
- Rear door handles in a unique position, but overall felt ok. Tiny lever.
- HOLY FUCKING SHIT is it claustrophobic in the rear seats - the door is very high, and window very small.
- The reverse camera is total shit, an afterthought... it's built into the rearview mirror, not the radio's LCD, and pretty low-res.
- has a bunch of nice features, like blind-spot monitor, keep-lane assist, dynamic cruise, auto-brake, etc.
- Only FWD... Not a boner-slayer for me...
- Headlights looked pretty good, trunk looked good.
- the blind-spots are seriously fucking scary. I especially found the driver-side scary as fuck. Sure there's tech to help with blind-spot, but I'm one of those Asians that are accustomed to the little add-on mirrors. The Toyota RAV4 has one built into the top corner of their side mirrors.
- Overall build quality is top-notch. So far, the best in this category of CUVs I've tried.
- the poor blind-spot visibility, which can be solved by the tech + mirror-addons, plus the terrible rear doors kill this as an option.

passenger C-pillar/blind-spot view:

2) Nissan Qashqai
- it feels big, and is big. I don't think I'm comparing apples to apples...
- It felt a bit tippy through some turns (small streets.)
- centre console felt cheap, the Juke was even worse
- the reverse camera is absolute shit quality
- There's not alot of tech in the model I'm looking at \:\| ... At $25k for the AWD model .....
- the heated steering wheel, although not part of the model I'm looking at, is sweet. (Never tried heated steering wheels before. It's called gloves.)
- This remains within the top 3 of our list but concerned about quality/reliability, and apples to apples...

3) Honda HR-V walkthrough
- Markham Honda are assholes, which is fine. No sales guy came to me, so I got to fuck around with the floor model for a good 15 minutes. It was the high-end model with leather...
- They removed the flimsy rear deck piece, so customers don't get a sense of the cheapness... ok.
- the leather door panels feel like shit; as i'm eyeing the LX-AWD, the fabric which I absolutely hated will be worse, as I remembered.
- The U-bar that holds the magic seats, are yep, just as cheap as ever. They seriously feel like they were bought from Home Depot and bolted on. Eyeing the rear floor, yes, it is indeed possible for salt/dirt/water to get to that U-bar.... Would need deep mats to handle the liquid.
- The LX options are ok...
- This remains in the top 3...
- This was new to me, and I had to look at it across 3 models.... As the showroom model was WHITE ... I could see in the front wheelwell that there's a portion that's WHITE, i.e. painted metal frame within the wheelwell This was also the case for the Honda Fit, but not the Honda CR-V... Is this normal? I always thought wheelwells had a fender liner, and/or that sprayed-on rubber/rock stuff...

Random '09 Honda Fit photo:

4) Mazda
- Will have to re-visit, even if it's just the showroom.

5) Mini sedan
- Pretty much out of budget... The package that comes with the rear-view camera kills the budget. Adding an aftermarket is ok, but then you lose tech (i.e. replace rearview mirror), and/or have a fugly suction-cup LCD screen...
- May walk into a dealer to review.

Edited by furball (09/07/17 08:26 AM)

#9125499 - 09/07/17 08:41 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

^our ex-jap. division head pointed out what you just did actually re. the fit from last gen or even the gen before that (a few years ago) - having no liner and not even being painted fully the same colour lol....at least now it is. i assume there's a reason (i forget what is was), besides just cost cutting? anyway, yes the Fit and HRV come like that which is the norm.

Re. A2B - holy shit you actually bought a FIAT?! jesus those are the biggest turds on the road.

#9125505 - 09/07/17 08:45 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

meanwhile at everyones fav car co.... \:\|

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/leaked-2018-bmw-x7-pictures-reveal-the-kidney-grills-co-1801230807

i like the futuristic interior though. yet they still manage to keep a similar theme design to the central lower dash buttons even in this...like that past 30 years.

i think robocop will have a hard-on for this.

Edited by Screamin DC2R (09/07/17 08:47 AM)

#9125507 - 09/07/17 08:46 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: furball]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

I thought you got a Q5? Why are you still test driving?
#9125670 - 09/07/17 10:46 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
meanwhile at everyones fav car co.... \:\|

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/leaked-2018-bmw-x7-pictures-reveal-the-kidney-grills-co-1801230807

i like the futuristic interior though. yet they still manage to keep a similar theme design to the central lower dash buttons even in this...like that past 30 years.

i think robocop will have a hard-on for this.

#9125698 - 09/07/17 11:07 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: c2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

LOL I think that's going to be the X7...arrgghhh

Still nicer than ANYTHING Acura puts out

It's sad when Lambo sells more Hurancans than the shitty RLX.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9125862 - 09/07/17 12:49 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: eddie_82

I think he is balling out to get a new car for his MIL

#9125901 - 09/07/17 01:25 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: iamfob
 Originally Posted By: eddie_82

I think he is balling out to get a new car for his MIL

If that's the case he's a cheap ass looking at super small CUV's lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9126862 - 09/08/17 08:03 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
LOL I think that's going to be the X7...arrgghhh

Still nicer than ANYTHING Acura puts out

It's sad when Lambo sells more Hurancans than the shitty RLX.

#9126868 - 09/08/17 08:08 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Show me a good looking acura from the past decade aside from the 3rd gen TL. That car still looks good till this day.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9126878 - 09/08/17 08:22 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Show me a good looking acura from the past decade aside from the 3rd gen TL. That car still looks good till this day.

the newest ones and ones to come out to 2020

\:D

lol

#9126882 - 09/08/17 08:27 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Re. A2B - holy shit you actually bought a FIAT?! jesus those are the biggest turds on the road.

The GF/wife got this when her Mazda 3 started to rust and that was what she liked. It drives well enough. Rides high but Slow. Great on gas and good for city driving. We got it used for $16k so we didn't pay the crazy $$$$ they wanted new.

It has been relatively trouble free aside from the mechanical lock in the truck that stopped working. My cousin also had one and she had a leak that wouldn't go away. Very hit and miss on quality. We were lucky as most things were taken care of before the warranty ran out.

Looking for an used 2016 HR-V EX-L AWD......going to ball out. Wife doesn't wants nav built in. She doesn't want to spend $60k for a luxo so I am not going to fight that battle.

#9126901 - 09/08/17 08:43 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

lol
That's what you said about the current ones lame!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9126902 - 09/08/17 08:44 AM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

lol

I am waiting for the awesome sauce from Honda/Acura. I will wait 3 years to pass judgement

#9127255 - 09/08/17 01:31 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: iamfob]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Good reviews of the cars by the way furball.
#9127443 - 09/08/17 04:23 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada

#9127483 - 09/08/17 04:54 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
That actually looks better than the x7.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#9127538 - 09/08/17 06:03 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: hyper-s2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Lol

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#9127591 - 09/08/17 07:28 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: Hatorade]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
 Originally Posted By: hyper-s2k
That actually looks better than the x7.

LMAO

Edited by titty sprinkles (09/08/17 07:28 PM)

#9130836 - 09/12/17 08:54 PM Re: Luxo SUV options, and negotiation approach? [Re: titty sprinkles]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Getting pressure from the S/O to just get it fucking over with ... Sensing we'll be putting in an order in the next 10 days for a CUV...

Top 3 options:
- Honda HR-V LX AWD -- selling out faaaaast... May have to wait for the fucking 2018's.
- Mazda CX-3
- Nissan Qashqai - options are outdated in model that's within budget, larger than the others...

Will walk into another Mazda dealership and just sit in the showroom vehicle, not sure if I'll drive it...

Mini I want it to be it to be a contender, but I think price-point is out... Will need to see how I can option it out + aftermarket backup camera...
-

Edited by furball (09/12/17 08:55 PM)

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads