Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#9083236 - 07/19/17 08:42 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: Just A Troll]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Just A Troll
 Originally Posted By: 4Three
Risky, those town home lovers are probably the same people who would hate to have to maintain a yard of any size. They'd rather have a solid concrete patio and a couple planters. The things you like about a detached are things they don't care for. They prefer turn-key simplicity over 'potential', and the hassle associated with it. Personally, I'm with you, but hey, different folks, different strokes.

We have a winner. Coming from a condo lifestyle, I'm used to not maintaining a lawn. Quite frankly I don't give a shit about grass.

Good call a high powered car pooling executive like you definitely doesn't have time for anything but executive townhouse living.

#9083247 - 07/19/17 08:54 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: Risky Business]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Time? It's not about time. It's about the stupid expense of taking care of a lawn. It's ridiculous. Spending time and money just to have the best green patch in front. Greener than your neighbour etc.

It's so stupid in fact that during the California drought, when everything turned brown, people were actually PAINTING their lawns green.

That being said. Yes, I would get a modern detached for a good price. And I would rip out all that grass and landscape it all with bushes, rocks, etc. A zero maintenance setup.

But I'd still not get a 60 year old bungalow for $1.4M with perceived "options".

You prefer an old detached. I prefer a modern townhome. Lets just leave it at that.

live and let live.

#9083254 - 07/19/17 09:02 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: Hatorade]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
 Originally Posted By: iamsnob
Well, if a detached home were up to the standards of my townhome, yes... I would get the detached.

But compared to those tiny, badly laid out, one garage detached shitholes built back in the '50s? Nah! I'll take my modern Townhouse!

It just seems to me that for $1.4M, you're not getting good value in a 50 year old detached.

Don't forget the build quality on older homes are a lot more solid than the current built homes. I was helping my friend to demolish his 1960s built bungalow in Halton Hills area. The materials were legit the real deal, solid wood, thicker drywall, etc.

As for the room layout, you realize it can be knockdown and re-model right?

If your neighbour is quiet type then it's not too bad. I have heard my next door neighbour partying on occasional weekends, loud music here and there, and their kids crying, and I can hear my neighbours running up and down the stairs. If you say you can't hear your neighbours living in a townhouse/semi-detached, you are lying to yourself.

It's extremely rare for me to hear my neighbour. The widow next door looks after her grandson (6) during the day and I don't hear shit. She has asked me if he's being too noisy and I had no idea lol

The only time I ever heard my neighbour was when they played loud music with lots of bass. I really only heard the bass. I asked them nicely to turn down the bass, which they did, and all was well.

But even in a detached, you'd still hear that bass from house to house. I grew up in a suburb of detached houses and I could hear the neighbour in back playing with his band in the basement.

Modern townhomes are pretty good at sound insulation.

Wow... I think this is the first time Hater and I have something in common.

Scary!

#9083450 - 07/19/17 11:29 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: Just A Troll]
87ZCSi Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Portland and Toronto
With all these ballers up in here what about detached with a landscaper on retainer? I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to look at rows of other homes while BBQ'ing (if allowed, if you're far enough for neighbours windows) or sitting outside. You don't HAVE to care for your own lawn, but hey we all like different things. Your spouse, if applicable, is the only one where it matters if you agree.
#9083457 - 07/19/17 11:36 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: Just A Troll]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Time? It's not about time. It's about the stupid expense of taking care of a lawn. It's ridiculous. Spending time and money just to have the best green patch in front. Greener than your neighbour etc.

It's so stupid in fact that during the California drought, when everything turned brown, people were actually PAINTING their lawns green.

That being said. Yes, I would get a modern detached for a good price. And I would rip out all that grass and landscape it all with bushes, rocks, etc. A zero maintenance setup.

But I'd still not get a 60 year old bungalow for $1.4M with perceived "options".

You prefer an old detached. I prefer a modern townhome. Lets just leave it at that.

live and let live.

Got it, so your biggest pro for townhouse living is not cutting grass.

Logical af

#9083920 - 07/19/17 05:27 PM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: Risky Business]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Toronto is officially a buyers market

https://www.google.ca/amp/globalnews.ca/news/3603364/toronto-buyers-market-canada-housing-crea/amp/

#9083963 - 07/19/17 06:45 PM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: JEFFOS]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
meh

#9084007 - 07/19/17 07:38 PM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: JEFFOS]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS

Jeff has spent half a decade waiting for this moment, to finally walk into open houses and be like:

#9084093 - 07/19/17 09:52 PM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: Risky Business]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land

GL Jeff @ grabbing a pad.

#9084324 - 07/20/17 09:06 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: A2B-Lexus]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
Good luck Jeff, I will patiently wait for the CSi House Warming Party!

#9085576 - 07/21/17 10:50 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: JEFFOS]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

I think it's more of balanced market. A Buyer's market would see prices plummet to pre-2011 levels. That's not happening. Sales have plummeted but the prices haven't. IMHO that's not exactly a buyer's market.

In the spring things were way too crazy. With the new rules and the interest rate hike, things are getting back to normal. The article says there's a 42% sales "slump" but in reality the "March peak", where houses sold in just a few days, was way too overheated in the first place.

#9085614 - 07/21/17 11:14 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: JEFFOS]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto

it may be, but it's not like waiting 3-4 years has saved any money? It will cost you more for the same house now than it did then. Just not as much as it would have 6 months ago or less.

Edited by bAt_Rob_zc911 (07/21/17 11:14 AM)

#9085647 - 07/21/17 11:31 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: zc911]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Shit is still crazy, East York Semis asking $1M!

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Singl...M4C1V2-Danforth

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Singl...oodbine-Lumsden

#9085649 - 07/21/17 11:33 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: zc911]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Originally Posted By: bAt_Rob_zc911

it may be, but it's not like waiting 3-4 years has saved any money? It will cost you more for the same house now than it did then. Just not as much as it would have 6 months ago or less.

6 months? Maybe 4 months.

My 6 month old property (15 offers, 500K above asking) has actually gone up in value.

#9085650 - 07/21/17 11:34 AM Re: It's happening v. real estate [Re: Big Tasty]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Originally Posted By: Big Tasty

Those are renovated. It cost ~ $150-200K for renovation.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads