#9005772 - 04/17/17 09:06 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

#9005773 - 04/17/17 09:08 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Humidifier works wonders. Noise + keeping the air moist.

#9006628 - 04/18/17 04:43 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: LNXGUY]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
LMFAO @ gif

#9022019 - 05/06/17 05:43 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: titty sprinkles]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Past two months, slowly getting into a schedule.

Looking to get an extra base for our car seat to put in the S4, ain't nobody got time to be driving a kid around in a Venza.

Car seat bases are $100 \:o

I am assuming you can buy those used right, they aren't like the car seats that expire?

If anyone has a graco click connect 35 let me know.

fatso how are you holding up? update?

Best part of the day, going for our 5k walk after work, she loves it \:\) .

#9022046 - 05/06/17 06:34 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
They expire, but since those things aren't used for long, you should be okay. The problem with used car seats is you can't tell if they've been in an accident.

That's a long walk, but at least she enjoys it. Is that the bend on Robinson St just off of Main?

#9022054 - 05/06/17 06:58 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I agree on the car seat, but i am looking at buying the base only so we can use the same car seat in two different cars. I'd think the base shouldn't expire, there aren't any moving parts on it, but who knows.

Yep, that's robinson st twistiezzz lol

#9022059 - 05/06/17 07:06 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

In the limited reading that I've done on car seats, it's not the moving parts that's the issue. According to proponents of expiring seats, its the fatigue in the plastic due to it getting old. Hence, the base will likely have an expiry.

#9022505 - 05/07/17 09:37 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Loc: Ontario
$60 for the bucket and the base... flip the bucket!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-baby-stroller-car...gationFlag=true

Glad to hear your kiddo's settling in! Can't wait to get there.

Situation over here has been... well, lemme start like this - you know how you see people with babies that cry endlessly unless they're being held? You think to yourself "fuck, I'm never gonna be like that - never. Dumb ass parents shoulda known better than to hold the kid too much etc."

Soooooooo.... I've learned how this happens. During late night feeds, when you're done burping, the next step would be to put the kid back into the crib. The crucial step I missed was in between burping and returning the kid to the crib, you can't fall asleep. Soooo... this has been going on for the past 2-3 weeks, almost every night. I'll pass out for an hour or so before I realize I've still got the kid on me...

CN: I've ruined my child - $5 and he's yours.

#9022547 - 05/07/17 10:46 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
Hatorade Online   crying
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Lmao. Did that lots of times myself. The grand parents loved holding her so we were ruined right from the get go.

Shit my kid is 4.5 now and still wants me to hold her

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#9022681 - 05/08/17 04:48 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Hatorade]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

#9022735 - 05/08/17 08:37 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Until you're in the moment where you've got a screaming kid that won't stop, you always think that it will never be your kids. For your own sanity and sleep, you will stop at nothing to get them to stop. The key part is, when are you willing to put your foot down to put it to a stop? Lol.

#9022761 - 05/08/17 09:02 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
@Risky I have a Peg Perego base. If you find out that its compatible with your Graco bucket seat, its yours.
#9022782 - 05/08/17 09:33 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
My first one was held forever, I slept holding her. I did what I had to do to stuvive.

COME AT ME

#9022790 - 05/08/17 09:43 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Denis Si]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Denis Si
My first one was held forever, I slept holding her. I did what I had to do to stuvive.

COME AT ME

So what was the solution? Just hold the kid for the next 1800 nights???

I've been trying to let the kid cry it out but after 15 minutes, I cave... I'm so weak \:\(

#9022797 - 05/08/17 09:49 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
@Risky I have a Peg Perego base. If you find out that its compatible with your Graco bucket seat, its yours.

Thanks, going to look into it.

#9022801 - 05/08/17 09:53 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: fatso

COME AT ME

I've been trying to let the kid cry it out but after 15 minutes, I cave... I'm so weak \:\(

How bad is the crying? My wife usually sprints the second the kid makes a peep, I am out there ready to put my foot out to trip her on her way...definitely trying to keep her from dropping everything on a dime if kid "needs" us.

As far as crying, how bad are we talking? There are times she will cry even after she is cleaned, fed, burped, etc usually we take her by the range hood (turn it on full) and she calms down within 5 minutes, worst one we had she kept at it for 10 we tried everything and then in the car seat and we went for a drive.

So I've been going out with her since 4 weeks old on my own, especially now at 2 months we hit up the grocery stores, take out places, etc. My wife is absolutely paranoid and won't dare go alone with her anywhere

Tried to convince her it's not a big deal, went to walmart last Friday, kid broke down crying, wife had diaper bag and was in different part of store (trying to do all shopping in tandem - dat efficiency) and she fucking lost it by the electronics section. I had no pacifier, no food, nothing, just a fucked up kid and my wife wasn't answering because phone was on silent. That was great, after she found us, she started crying too now I had two babies going at it. All I wanted was to find a fucking light bulb for my bathroom and enjoy my coffee.

#9022805 - 05/08/17 09:56 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Also, women are saints. Watching them care for a kid like a mother does, just amazing for me to witness. I am not capable of providing the care nor do i have the level of patience they do. respek
#9022817 - 05/08/17 10:08 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Also, women are saints. Watching them care for a kid like a mother does, just amazing for me to witness. I am not capable of providing the care nor do i have the level of patience they do. respek

Was your wife or MIL standing behind you as you typed this?

\:D

#9022819 - 05/08/17 10:10 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

It's true doe, I talk a lot of shit about them overreacting, but in the grand scheme of things they do 90% of the shit that a guy can't do.

#9022823 - 05/08/17 10:20 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Pft, being a mom isn't a real job!

/sarcasm.

#9023987 - 05/09/17 03:27 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario

COME AT ME

How bad is the crying? My wife usually sprints the second the kid makes a peep, I am out there ready to put my foot out to trip her on her way...definitely trying to keep her from dropping everything on a dime if kid "needs" us.

As far as crying, how bad are we talking? There are times she will cry even after she is cleaned, fed, burped, etc usually we take her by the range hood (turn it on full) and she calms down within 5 minutes, worst one we had she kept at it for 10 we tried everything and then in the car seat and we went for a drive.

So I've been going out with her since 4 weeks old on my own, especially now at 2 months we hit up the grocery stores, take out places, etc. My wife is absolutely paranoid and won't dare go alone with her anywhere

Tried to convince her it's not a big deal, went to walmart last Friday, kid broke down crying, wife had diaper bag and was in different part of store (trying to do all shopping in tandem - dat efficiency) and she fucking lost it by the electronics section. I had no pacifier, no food, nothing, just a fucked up kid and my wife wasn't answering because phone was on silent. That was great, after she found us, she started crying too now I had two babies going at it. All I wanted was to find a fucking light bulb for my bathroom and enjoy my coffee.

LOL i remember those times. I changed my kid in the trunk of my car once.

Edited by titty sprinkles (05/09/17 03:27 PM)

#9024199 - 05/09/17 06:01 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
355-Si Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Quote:

This... I can TOTALLY see

Quote:

And it wasn't that long ago that you didn't even like coffee. hahaha

#9024210 - 05/09/17 06:14 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

What you're going through is so typical of first-time parents. We were paranoid with stuff with the first kid. Once the second rolls around, you're too tired to give a fuck. Drop the pacifier on the floor? First kid, go and sterilize it before giving it back. Second kid, wipe it with your hand and stick it back in his mouth. LOL...

Just roll with it for now. You guys are starting to find what works.

#9024485 - 05/09/17 10:18 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: SW20_MR2
What you're going through is so typical of first-time parents. We were paranoid with stuff with the first kid. Once the second rolls around, you're too tired to give a fuck. Drop the pacifier on the floor? First kid, go and sterilize it before giving it back. Second kid, wipe it with your hand and stick it back in his mouth. LOL...

Just roll with it for now. You guys are starting to find what works.

yeah, it sucks when you have to figure it out "as you go" but hey that's half the fun and the battle lol. i find with this second one we are better off than the first.

it's normal she will wanna tend to the baby so fast and often, every kid (and parent) is different, my wife did the same thing. ppl will say "oh let them cry it out" and shit...i find that SOMEWHAT works when they're a bit older...6mnths, 9mnths or even later imo, basically when they can self soothe. eventually we took on the approach of the kid is a baby only once and NOT for long so it's not a big deal to tend to it (u don't want them to stressed) and the crying is heartbreaking. our first didn't sleep thru the night until 14 months ftl....eventually it was "running in" to calm him before he went into full cry/awake mode lol.

crying like that for her, it's most likely still gas but the one she needs to fart out (since she already burped). if not then she needs to sleep (will wipe her face/eyes on you). lol range hood we use alllllll the time, any white noise helps them knock out \:\) - no harm in that. mind you some babies are just more prone to colic than others....pray she isn't one lol. buy some GRIPE WATER and see if it helps, usually it does. also try holding her like a football (tummy on forearm, support chin with fingers/thumbs) and she will fart it out. another option is this dudes which does work - http://www.today.com/parents/pediatrician-shows-how-calm-your-baby-seconds-hold-t59466
i also sometimes massage his lower back with 2 fingers and it eases their tightness and relaxes them so they can poop or just calm down (also pat their lower back too).

your wife is sounding craycray i know but really it's normal for a new mom, esp in this day/age with thinking she will get sick, etc. or what have you lol. eventually she'll ease up. walmart stor aw man...yeah we've had similar episodes (well maybe not THAT bad), par for the course man, you'll eventually get over it and forget about it.

i'll tell you though things i notice happen in waves, like shit is great for 3wks or 2-3 months, then it's hell for the next week or longer, then it's good again. just remember when things tough it will get better. so enjoy when times are good.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#9024664 - 05/10/17 08:43 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Risky Business]
fatso Offline
Post Master

COME AT ME

With each passing week, I've been delaying our reaction time to when Quinton starts crying. If the kid starts wailing, first step is to turn down the volume on the baby monitor. From there, I'll check the clock and wait 20 minutes before actually getting up to do something about it. I'd say it's about 50/50 that the kid actually needed something - sometimes he stops after 5-6 minutes, other times, it's endless. And then of course, it's the same routine as you - check the diaper, try a feed, try to burp him etc. There's only been one thing so far that I've found that stops him from crying - pick him up, and walk up and down the stairs. I'll go up and down for about ten minutes, by which time, the little anarchist passes out.

Thankfully, Q is quite well behaved when he's out (although having typed that, I'm pretty sure I've fucked myself). We started taking him out around a week old as the wife and I were bored AF at home. No real errands though - random mall walks and runs into Oakville for coffee (Kerr Street Cafe makes a SICK cappuccino). For actual errands like grocery/Walmart runs, I do these solo - I refuse to take the wife & kid with me. And for some odd reason, even though these places are only ten minutes away, there's always a long line-up, or traffic jam resulting in 3 hour excursions ;\)

One of the things we're actively looking into is getting some help in the form of a maid every week or two. Figured the $100-$150 each time is worth the sanity and the free time.

#9024669 - 05/10/17 08:47 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Follow up question - when did you guys introduce a soother into the mix?

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

crying like that for her, it's most likely still gas but the one she needs to fart out (since she already burped). if not then she needs to sleep (will wipe her face/eyes on you). lol range hood we use alllllll the time, any white noise helps them knock out \:\) - no harm in that. mind you some babies are just more prone to colic than others....pray she isn't one lol. buy some GRIPE WATER and see if it helps, usually it does. also try holding her like a football (tummy on forearm, support chin with fingers/thumbs) and she will fart it out. another option is this dudes which does work - http://www.today.com/parents/pediatrician-shows-how-calm-your-baby-seconds-hold-t59466

This hold worked for me for the first 2-3 weeks... it's quite astonishing LOL

#9024691 - 05/10/17 09:05 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Quote:
t's normal she will wanna tend to the baby so fast and often, every kid (and parent) is different, my wife did the same thing. ppl will say "oh let them cry it out" and shit...i find that SOMEWHAT works when they're a bit older...6mnths, 9mnths or even later imo, basically when they can self soothe. eventually we took on the approach of the kid is a baby only once and NOT for long so it's not a big deal to tend to it (u don't want them to stressed) and the crying is heartbreaking. our first didn't sleep thru the night until 14 months ftl....eventually it was "running in" to calm him before he went into full cry/awake mode lol.

I wouldn't have been able to keep my sanity if I had to deal with a kid still waking up for that long. According to the paediatrician, a kid should have no problem sleeping through the night once they hit 15 lbs. we sleep trained our kids at around 9 months. It was really tough with the first. He cried for an hour the first day, but he was good after 3-4 days and went to sleep on his own. Our second one was easier, but I was also less sensitive to his crying. Lol

#9024877 - 05/10/17 11:14 AM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Thankfully your forget all the sleepless nights and rough times with newborns...until you have another and it all comes flooding back to you!
#9025059 - 05/10/17 01:00 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Follow up question - when did you guys introduce a soother into the mix?

This hold worked for me for the first 2-3 weeks... it's quite astonishing LOL

first kid - barely used (also he didn't like)

second kid now - used only at night for bedtime, started at 2 months or so, maybe a lil later, he's 3 months now and we've already had to use it much less. also he is semi formula/semi boobmilk so he's i think better with sleep as he's full(er). first guy nvr had formula...was hell for wife lol.

#9025063 - 05/10/17 01:02 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: SW20_MR2]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Quote:
t's normal she will wanna tend to the baby so fast and often, every kid (and parent) is different, my wife did the same thing. ppl will say "oh let them cry it out" and shit...i find that SOMEWHAT works when they're a bit older...6mnths, 9mnths or even later imo, basically when they can self soothe. eventually we took on the approach of the kid is a baby only once and NOT for long so it's not a big deal to tend to it (u don't want them to stressed) and the crying is heartbreaking. our first didn't sleep thru the night until 14 months ftl....eventually it was "running in" to calm him before he went into full cry/awake mode lol.

I wouldn't have been able to keep my sanity if I had to deal with a kid still waking up for that long. According to the paediatrician, a kid should have no problem sleeping through the night once they hit 15 lbs. we sleep trained our kids at around 9 months. It was really tough with the first. He cried for an hour the first day, but he was good after 3-4 days and went to sleep on his own. Our second one was easier, but I was also less sensitive to his crying. Lol

lol so true. and yeah with second now we're popping him into the first guy's crib at 4/5 months, shutting the door and that's it. she and/or i will wake up for bad crying of course but as time passes, he's on his damn own so soothe himself to sleep lol.

#9025094 - 05/10/17 01:23 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
fatso Offline
Post Master

Quote:

lol so true. and yeah with second now we're popping him into the first guy's crib at 4/5 months, shutting the door and that's it. she and/or i will wake up for bad crying of course but as time passes, he's on his damn own so soothe himself to sleep lol.

LOL... as a first time parent, this kind of tough love is hard \:\(

#9025105 - 05/10/17 01:27 PM Re: Back to basics [Re: fatso]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Seriously, it was heart wrenching to hear him cry for an hour. It seems like there's no end in sight, but it only took us a few days. It was worth it though cause everyone slept better after that.

Page 13 of 25 « First<1112131415>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads