Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8859651 - 11/22/16 11:08 AM Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Standard benefits changed (again) on June 1 2016. Have any of you upgraded your policy since this date to either get back the coverage you had before, or to increase beyond the old limits? Or are you planning to take it up the ass to save a few $/month now and hope you never get seriously injured in a crash (whether it's your fault or not).
#8859748 - 11/22/16 12:07 PM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Got the CN on what the benefit reductions were? I have no idea to be honest.
#8859861 - 11/22/16 01:00 PM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
yeah i saw the letter in my renewal which i received on friday. basically (for TDMM) they chart it out for you to show old vs. new, and that you're automatically given the 'lowest' amount. if you want to upgrade it or what have you, just call them to make the changes. will just leave as is. plus i get pretty good cov'g from work as well on top.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8859963 - 11/22/16 02:17 PM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
No. Didn't increase back to what I had.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#8860365 - 11/22/16 08:43 PM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: hyper-s2k]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
my renewal was before that rule change... so I guess I'll have to wait a few more months to find out?

#8860563 - 11/23/16 06:11 AM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
Got the CN on what the benefit reductions were? I have no idea to be honest.

https://www.fsco.gov.on.ca/en/auto/brochures/Pages/brochure_changes10.aspx

#8861256 - 11/23/16 02:43 PM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
hrm. i don't mind this because i have insurances out the backside. aside from auto, i have my work benefits insurance, and then another personal policy so i'm good; however i'm sure the everyday person doesn't have 3 policy's on them.

#8865393 - 11/29/16 09:09 AM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: titty sprinkles]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

listen to this bullshit. work guy i know was on the 401 back in july coming to work, 730am traffic and there's a rear-end collision like 3 cars behind him. idiot in pickup rams into a car, that car hits the car in front of him, which in turn hits my work guy's car (he's the 3rd hit car, 4th in the accident total) with some reason bumper damage, very light, just needs a respray. does the usual accident report/etc. and has pics of everything, witness, goes thru insurance/etc.

work guy gets a letter today from the lawyer of the pickup driver who HIT the first car causing the subsequent damage to the other 3 cars stating that work guy (and the other 2 cars) are liable for damages in the accident! WHAT THE FLYING FUCK?!?!! even i was triggered. essentially though the letter just states "fwd a copy of this letter to your insurance co. etc etc. to confirm" blahblahblah within 10 biz days. i assume ins. co.'s are used to this kinda scumbag steve move from drivers/lawfirms and have their own letter/backup proof to refute such claims right? it said something about "family law" on the letter too.

oh, and scumbag steve driver is sri lankan (just sayin) WHAT A SUPRIRSE! fuckers like these need to be run over.

Edited by Screamin DC2R (11/29/16 09:13 AM)

#8865433 - 11/29/16 09:55 AM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
KILL EM ALL, its the only way to be sure.

#8865437 - 11/29/16 09:56 AM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: phoenixrage]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
KILL EM ALL, its the only way to be sure.

lol know how i know you're a Trump voter.

#8865452 - 11/29/16 10:14 AM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
listen to this bullshit. work guy i know was on the 401 back in july coming to work, 730am traffic and there's a rear-end collision like 3 cars behind him. idiot in pickup rams into a car, that car hits the car in front of him, which in turn hits my work guy's car (he's the 3rd hit car, 4th in the accident total) with some reason bumper damage, very light, just needs a respray. does the usual accident report/etc. and has pics of everything, witness, goes thru insurance/etc.

work guy gets a letter today from the lawyer of the pickup driver who HIT the first car causing the subsequent damage to the other 3 cars stating that work guy (and the other 2 cars) are liable for damages in the accident! WHAT THE FLYING FUCK?!?!! even i was triggered. essentially though the letter just states "fwd a copy of this letter to your insurance co. etc etc. to confirm" blahblahblah within 10 biz days. i assume ins. co.'s are used to this kinda scumbag steve move from drivers/lawfirms and have their own letter/backup proof to refute such claims right? it said something about "family law" on the letter too.

oh, and scumbag steve driver is sri lankan (just sayin) WHAT A SUPRIRSE! fuckers like these need to be run over.

Yup it's a scare tatic to get the ignorant to pay up. The city will pull those moves too if you hit a light pole etc, but will send you an invoice instead. SCUM.

#8865528 - 11/29/16 10:56 AM Re: Auto insurance (again) v. accident benefits [Re: Wildout]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
SriLankan in a pickup? does not compute
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads