Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8826092 - 10/21/16 12:54 PM FFS, I've been saying to do this all along
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/...ydro-bills.html
#8826120 - 10/21/16 01:13 PM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8826603 - 10/22/16 08:03 AM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Hydro will still be expensive regardless.

#8826648 - 10/22/16 10:04 AM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: c2k]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
Here's my idea.

Instead of giving another province money... use that money, put solar panels up on every school roof. Start programs to promote/help companies that own large warehouses/malls and have them put up panels to build up the system.

#8826658 - 10/22/16 10:23 AM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: phoenixrage]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Not worth it here (solar that is)
the costs of that idea would be astronomical.

#8826673 - 10/22/16 10:53 AM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: Euphoricuck]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

doesn't have to be 100% conversion overnight, but phase it in. Think of every dollar sent outside the province for power each year, and use that budget to start building these.

I mean, at least the power we're buying is from hydro generators, but we really need to start moving towards shutting down the non-green power generation. And at least with paying more on our bills, it'll be less painful knowing that its something worthwhile long term.

#8826694 - 10/22/16 11:38 AM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: phoenixrage]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Quebec has one of the cheapest costs to produce power, so much so that for residential use, electricity used to be free for a very long time. No point in solar for roof tops, when its ultimately cheaper to import from Quebec.
#8826730 - 10/22/16 12:58 PM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

short term sure, do they produce enough power for us to buy to completely get rid of the non-hydro plants that we currently use?

#8827964 - 10/24/16 10:58 AM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: phoenixrage]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Hydro is great, it's the nuclear we have to phase out, ultimately it's transporting the power vast distances which eats everything up. Adding solar to new builds/commercial real estate would be more than enough.

Use solar during the day & switch to hydro at night/peak surge periods for residential. Commercial can stay on hydro primarily, instead of the opposite.

New technology always costs a lot.

#8828014 - 10/24/16 11:39 AM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: Wildout]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

IMO, phasing out the fossil fuel ones should be first...

#8828019 - 10/24/16 11:46 AM Re: FFS, I've been saying to do this all along [Re: Wildout]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

I'm still waiting for a Thorium reactor!

Then we could also have Thorium powered cars (if it lives up to the hype):

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads