Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#8793096 - 09/17/16 09:14 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Violent Spectre
Of course. The majority of my sales are wholesale. Be it body shops or independent mechanics. As hard as it is to believe for most people, because they all have the 'big bad dealership' mentality, OEM parts tend to be cheaper than a lot of aftermarket stuff.

Also, when it comes to body repair stuff, we have programs in place to allow us to compete with aftermarket suppliers. OEM stuff will always have a better fit and finish than aftermarket. Bodyshops prefer to use OEM as often as they can. It's the insurance companies that limit them to aftermarket.

pretty much this

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8793152 - 09/17/16 10:33 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Accuracy, inventory management, general service(attitude, helpfulness etc...)

My shops know that when they come to me they are getting what they need right and the first time. I go above and beyond to make sure I'm getting what my shops need. Some guys may call a certain part one thing and someone else will call it another etc.. So I make sure we're on the same page. Other people assume what they're talking about and end up getting wrong parts, which in turn means a longer wait to get correct parts, which pisses the shop and their customer off.

And I'm not saying I'm not saying that I'm fucking awesome. Yes I am good at my job, but what I have mostly been getting across is how happy and excited and encouraged I feel now because of talking to the shops. Not bragging, because let's face it, my job doesn't mean shit to most of you guys so why would I brag? Just happy about the situation.

Originally Posted By: loudsubz
I don't know your industry but do they not have some sort of non solicit clause if you go to a competitive dealership?

Nope. Everyone is fair game.

cool I see!

#8793665 - 09/18/16 08:01 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: porschetr]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON
Lol, so newest update...my "friend" of an ex-manager deleted me off of FB haha. Talk about being childish lol

/fb is srs business

#8793676 - 09/18/16 08:20 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Winter tire group buy?
#8793687 - 09/18/16 08:32 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: The Postman]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'll see what I can do ;\)
#8793694 - 09/18/16 08:42 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

245/60/18 Hankook RW11s.
#8793863 - 09/19/16 07:29 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: The Postman]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I could use some 225/45-17s please.

#8793876 - 09/19/16 07:53 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Lol, so newest update...my "friend" of an ex-manager deleted me off of FB haha. Talk about being childish lol

/fb is srs business

well you did make his life super hard now that he actually had to do work \:\)

#8794504 - 09/19/16 05:54 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: loudsubz]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: loudsubz

/fb is srs business

well you did make his life super hard now that he actually had to do work \:\)

This is so very true

So day one complete and no one cried! Especially me! \:D

I have so much work ahead of me. The parts dept there is such a mess, definitely not what I'm used to and definitely going to change. Day one I got thrown in to cleaning up a huge mess of a bay/storage area. Was told it needed to be done by the end of the week..already done! Something they have been pushing to get done for months. Taught my employees quite a few things already and they all seem eager to learn.

Had a really good talk with my friend that I replaced, made sure that he was comfortable with everything and reassured him that I'm there to work with him to make the place better. I know that his ego is a little bruised right now, but he also realizes just how much more I know in the department than he ever will. And I'm not patting myself on the back about that, I just have the experience that he doesn't.

All in all it was a good day. Still a little overwhelmed by it all, but that's fading fast. I have set myself up a little plan of action to take care of everything I want changed, so now it's just getting it all done.

#8801544 - 09/26/16 09:21 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
RRedSi Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Northern VA
Great news man, congrats! Looks like you'll settle in nicely.

#8803578 - 09/28/16 05:59 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: RRedSi]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks man, I'm loving it so far.

So! a week and a half in now and what a change. I actually love going to work again. I've been in every day from 7-5 and only took 2 or 3 20 minute coffee run/lunch breaks..and I'm not complaining one bit!

It feels great putting the time in because I'm already seeing results. Had another managers meeting today and my department was the only one that showed a change from the last meeting. Already seeing an increase in GP and have already been getting calls from the body shops I brought with me. It is going to take me a long time to get the department where I want it to be, both in revenue and efficiency, but I can already see the changes I've made take effect.

Apparently I've surprised the shit out of our GM because I'm actually active in the meetings and I'm not putting up with anyones shit lol. Everyone else was a push over and would just do what they're told even if it doesn't work or is inefficient, I on the other hand put up a fight and prove my point. And I'm already showing that I actually know what I'm talking about.

In the short time I have been there I have already accomplished more than the last 3 Parts Managers combined.

Over all I am extremely happy that I made the decision to leave Performance.

#8803644 - 09/28/16 07:43 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
Cee_mon Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Barrie, Ontario
Awesome news, its always nice to get results quick for new owner. You will be set.

Edited by Cee_mon (09/28/16 07:44 PM)

#8803938 - 09/29/16 08:57 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Cee_mon]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
Kickass

#8804133 - 09/29/16 10:55 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: iamfob]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Nicely done!
#8804229 - 09/29/16 11:57 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Wildout]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Good job. PM's about tires lol.
#8807514 - 10/03/16 06:29 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: LNXGUY]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
I could use some 225/45-17s please.

I'll look into it today Bill.

#8807524 - 10/03/16 07:08 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
Dude you got other shit to worry about, lol. If there's a winter tire group buy let me know \:\)

#8807578 - 10/03/16 08:45 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: LNXGUY]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Trying to do many things at once lol. Is there anything specific you're looking for?
Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads