Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#8789639 - 09/14/16 08:51 AM So after 10 years at the same company...
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Niagara Falls, ON
I am finally a manager! ....of a different company lol

Some of you know that I have worked in the Hyundai parts dept for quite a while, but my problem was that even though we owned the largest dealer group this side of the GTA, there was no way I was able to move up. My boss isn't leaving his position for at least another 10-15 years because he has it set. I did everything while he played on his phone all day, or cruised forums. I took care of the daily operations and bringing in business. He did a bit of paperwork.

We also got bought out about a year ago by Autoplanet, who own a few dealers in the GTA and up north. Since then the entire place has changed, it doesn't feel like a family anymore and I was constantly worried about my job. Mostly because on paper, I was expensive for my position. I was essentially making 2x what my position should pay, except there was a reason. I have 17 years in the business and I'm good at my job. My manager loved it because he essentially had to do nothing all day and collect a fat cheque on payday.

One of the Hyundai dealers that is only 5 minutes from my place got in touch and offered me the Parts Manager position because their manager isn't cutting it and their numbers are way low compared to where they should be. This doesn't concern me because the reason they are so low is that I took all of their business away haha. And the best part is, all of these shops will follow me so I will show an increase almost immediately.

My manager and his boss took me out on Friday for beers and food and both were super pumped to have me working there. I haven't even started there yet, but I already feel so much more respected and appreciated. I'm really excited to start this new position and I'm actually happy to go to work again. It's going to be hard as hell, but at least now I'm working for my recognition and not someone else who doesn't actually appreciate it.

Rant over!

C/N: Got a new jerb, I is a manager now!

#8789652 - 09/14/16 08:59 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Congrats man!!!
#8789654 - 09/14/16 09:02 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Wildout]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Awesome move man, very happy for you.

Liking where you work and the people you work with makes a world of difference.

#8789665 - 09/14/16 09:10 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Risky Business]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Nice!

Good luck!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8789667 - 09/14/16 09:12 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Congrats man! Sounds like a great fit for you.
#8789677 - 09/14/16 09:17 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Big Tasty]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
Congratulations!
That's awesome.

Hyundai parts group buy!!

#8789678 - 09/14/16 09:17 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Big Tasty]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
Nice dude

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8789679 - 09/14/16 09:18 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Big Tasty]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Man,it is such a great opportunity for me. And if nothing else, now I have a manager title to add to my resume.

Thanks boys.

#8789682 - 09/14/16 09:20 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
congratulations \:\)
#8789688 - 09/14/16 09:29 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Congrats

#8789734 - 09/14/16 10:12 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Euphoricuck]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Congrats! Which dealer now? Grimsby?
#8789752 - 09/14/16 10:25 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Euphoricuck]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Congrats! Have you given your notice yet?
#8789759 - 09/14/16 10:30 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Congrats!

Edited by furball (09/14/16 10:30 AM)

#8789761 - 09/14/16 10:36 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: furball]
Lost^
Unregistered

free parts for everyone to celebrate! wooooo!

Congrats.

#8789765 - 09/14/16 10:38 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Dumbass
Congrats! Which dealer now? Grimsby?

Nope, they're still Performance/Autoplanet. I'm in the Falls at Autovalue Hyundai.

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Congrats! Have you given your notice yet?

Gave my 2 weeks on Friday, received an email shortly after that my employment was no longer necessary and not to come back Monday. So I get a free paid vacation lol.

I figured my manager would be pissed, mostly because he has to work now, but man he is being so unprofessional about it. You'd think that he might be happy that I'm trying to further my career and put everything he taught me into play....NOPE! After I gave my notice he called the guy I'm replacing(he's going to be working for me) to offer him my job. Then when that didn't work he called the other counter guy and offered it to him. Both said fuck no. He called them from work, while they were on the counter! He even messaged my ex-wife to see if she knew someone because he has the same last name as her...who does that?! Especially not even an hour after I give my notice.

My manager was PISSED and called my managers boss and reamed him out. It's one thing if you call them on their cell after hours...but on the company phone while they're working!?

I was suppose to start the 26th, but now I'm starting this Monday since I have some free time haha.

#8789766 - 09/14/16 10:39 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: ]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Nice work dude! Congratulations! Looks like more beers are on the way to you!

#8789769 - 09/14/16 10:41 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Risky Business]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Sir Risky Business
Awesome move man, very happy for you.

Liking where you work and the people you work with makes a world of difference.

Honestly, the moment I walked out of that place it was like a weight had been lifted. I've worked my ass off for that place, multiple 12hr days with no lunch/break during the week, working 6 days a week for the last 4 years...and all for nothing to them. But at least doing everything I have in the last decade set me up to take this position and feel comfortable doing it.

#8789770 - 09/14/16 10:41 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: c2k]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: c2k

Haha, hey I'm still able to hook all of the Hyundai owners up! Even more so now.

#8789774 - 09/14/16 10:48 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Violent Spectre
 Originally Posted By: c2k

Haha, hey I'm still able to hook all of the Hyundai owners up! Even more so now.

#8789780 - 09/14/16 10:52 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Big Tasty]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Nice! Congrats dude

#8789791 - 09/14/16 10:59 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: JEFFOS]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks boys, really appreciate it. I can't wait to start.
#8789819 - 09/14/16 11:21 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
Grats, you can finally buy a new headset!

#8789825 - 09/14/16 11:26 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Gave my 2 weeks on Friday, received an email shortly after that my employment was no longer necessary and not to come back Monday. So I get a free paid vacation lol.

I figured my manager would be pissed, mostly because he has to work now, but man he is being so unprofessional about it. You'd think that he might be happy that I'm trying to further my career and put everything he taught me into play....NOPE! After I gave my notice he called the guy I'm replacing(he's going to be working for me) to offer him my job. Then when that didn't work he called the other counter guy and offered it to him. Both said fuck no. He called them from work, while they were on the counter! He even messaged my ex-wife to see if she knew someone because he has the same last name as her...who does that?! Especially not even an hour after I give my notice.

My manager was PISSED and called my managers boss and reamed him out. It's one thing if you call them on their cell after hours...but on the company phone while they're working!?

I was suppose to start the 26th, but now I'm starting this Monday since I have some free time haha.

Wow talk about not handling it well .... at all! Not very professional at all. Typically companies will walk someone out who has given notice if they feel their last 2 weeks could have a negative impact on their business. What do you think was their concern? Obtaining client info? Or was it plain old immaturity on his part?

I'm not sure how its seen from a legal stand point, but if you start your new job during your 2 weeks notice period, is your old company still obligated to pay you? Is it better to take the 2 weeks vacation?

#8789828 - 09/14/16 11:28 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

I think it was both actually. Conflict of interest and he was pissed. Yeah I was scheduled to work, they told me not to so I'm owed the 2 weeks. Plus the new place wants me to start asap and so do I.
#8789847 - 09/14/16 11:41 AM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO

Wow talk about not handling it well .... at all! Not very professional at all. Typically companies will walk someone out who has given notice if they feel their last 2 weeks could have a negative impact on their business. What do you think was their concern? Obtaining client info? Or was it plain old immaturity on his part?

I'm not sure how its seen from a legal stand point, but if you start your new job during your 2 weeks notice period, is your old company still obligated to pay you? Is it better to take the 2 weeks vacation?

They owe you the 2 weeks regardless as it was their choice to end early (which is common I've been walked out quite a few times when moving to a potential competitor - it's normal and should be no hard feelings). Your bosses reaction highlights his lack of true leadership and management skill - sounds like you made the right move.

#8789870 - 09/14/16 12:10 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: JEFFOS]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

I fully expected to be walked out. I'm going to our closest competitor. I didn't think that someone I considered a friend would act like that though. Really shows his character. I know that he's afraid that I'm going to take all of the business with me, because even he knows that they dealt with us because of me. He's afraid that I'm going to make him look bad.

I was a little unsure of the move, but after his reaction I know I made the right decision.

#8789922 - 09/14/16 12:59 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

That Randy guy? I always thought he was a douche lol.
#8789934 - 09/14/16 01:16 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: The Postman]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I love feel good stories like this, congrats man!! And fuck your old boss Serves him right for not appreciating you all these years.

#8789937 - 09/14/16 01:19 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: The Postman]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
he clearly reinforced that you made the right decision.

#8789938 - 09/14/16 01:20 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Euphoricuck]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

good kill op

congrats!

#8789948 - 09/14/16 01:36 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: spd-dmn]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Everyone is saying the same thIng. I've busted my ass for this opportunity. Everyone I worked with already knew that I did everything, and now they'll see it.
#8790006 - 09/14/16 02:31 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: Violent Spectre]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztuEucrNBc

#8790047 - 09/14/16 02:53 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: phoenixrage]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
congrats man! hard work pays off.

#8790110 - 09/14/16 03:40 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: titty sprinkles]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
nice story \:D
+1 on the hyundai parts group buy.
you are obviously elated - you should be. this is great!
go do some donuts in the parking lot on your exit

XD XD XD XD

#8790156 - 09/14/16 04:27 PM Re: So after 10 years at the same company... [Re: 4age]
Violent Spectre Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qztuEucrNBc

Originally Posted By: 4age
nice story \:D
+1 on the hyundai parts group buy.
you are obviously elated - you should be. this is great!
go do some donuts in the parking lot on your exit

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I'm banned from the property now lol.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads