Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#8721340 - 07/11/16 08:42 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: loudsubz]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Did manual labour this weekend: Install my 65" TV over the fireplace. Routing the wires through the builder installed tube (which hides all wiring) was the most labour intensive part.

#8721341 - 07/11/16 08:47 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: loudsubz]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
If I couldn't get my hands dirty I'd probably go crazy. Sitting at this fucking laptop all day isn't good. So tonight? Ditra in the powder room, tomorrow the slate, lol.

#8721376 - 07/11/16 09:28 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: loudsubz]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: loudsubz
 Originally Posted By: TheRealCSnapper
 Originally Posted By: Just A Troll
 Originally Posted By: OracerO
Millennial's are to sheltered. They won't get dirty or even know how to get dirty.

To be fair though: we've been brainwashed by society and our parents that manual labor is beneath us. I don't do ANY manual labor except undocking my laptop and inserting it into my backpack before I go home.

However, the guy washing my office windows a few months ago was a Millenial.

i see a lot of landscapers that would fall into the millennials group as well.

i think it's just this group seems to think that millennials are this mythical entitled group.

let's be real, from the age perspective, many of us (in this thread) falls into the millennials/digital native generation, but we seem to think we've done our time so it's okay for us to not be in a blue collar/manual labour market.

and it's not that we're taught that manual labour is beneath us, but we're told and can see that the knowledge economy has a lot more potential and that you're not taking moon shots drilling holes in the ground or snaking a pipe.

??? whaaaaa?

I'm still doing my grind on a daily, but working inside as well to keep everything running like clock work. I still work late on site when a customer needs something done THAT DAY, while the rest of the techs go home to their nice warm dinner \:\)

I don't think I will ever give up the love for manual labour. Like Risky I love everything that comes from my blood sweat and tears. I wouldn't have it any other way. My biggest pet peeve is when people tell me "Yeah I redid my kitchen" or "We finished our basement" and talk all big like they did it themselves when in reality the only work they did was pick up the phone and pulled out their wallet \:\)

but what's wrong with hiring a professional?

are we discussing in this thread why people are not doing manual labour for a living? or just in general?

#8721386 - 07/11/16 09:41 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: loudsubz
 Originally Posted By: OracerO
Millennial's are to sheltered. They won't get dirty or even know how to get dirty.

To be fair though: we've been brainwashed by society and our parents that manual labor is beneath us. I don't do ANY manual labor except undocking my laptop and inserting it into my backpack before I go home.

However, the guy washing my office windows a few months ago was a Millenial.

i see a lot of landscapers that would fall into the millennials group as well.

i think it's just this group seems to think that millennials are this mythical entitled group.

let's be real, from the age perspective, many of us (in this thread) falls into the millennials/digital native generation, but we seem to think we've done our time so it's okay for us to not be in a blue collar/manual labour market.

and it's not that we're taught that manual labour is beneath us, but we're told and can see that the knowledge economy has a lot more potential and that you're not taking moon shots drilling holes in the ground or snaking a pipe.

??? whaaaaa?

I'm still doing my grind on a daily, but working inside as well to keep everything running like clock work. I still work late on site when a customer needs something done THAT DAY, while the rest of the techs go home to their nice warm dinner \:\)

I don't think I will ever give up the love for manual labour. Like Risky I love everything that comes from my blood sweat and tears. I wouldn't have it any other way. My biggest pet peeve is when people tell me "Yeah I redid my kitchen" or "We finished our basement" and talk all big like they did it themselves when in reality the only work they did was pick up the phone and pulled out their wallet \:\)

but what's wrong with hiring a professional?

are we discussing in this thread why people are not doing manual labour for a living? or just in general?

nothing wrong with hiring a professional, just don't pretend that you had anything to do with it. It's the fake people that boast about how they redid their kitchens etc etc but don't say they had it done by someone else and try and take credit for it.

#8721392 - 07/11/16 09:48 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: loudsubz]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

What's the point of lying about shit like that? We can't all be masters at everything, nothing wrong with calling in some help, lol.

#8721401 - 07/11/16 09:59 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: LNXGUY]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY
What's the point of lying about shit like that? We can't all be masters at everything, nothing wrong with calling in some help, lol.

I'm more worried about people claiming their renovations were "professional" rather than DIY jobs. I've seen too many DIY jobs that were pure crap. Many hobbyists just don't know how to do things properly. Risky is the exception to the rule I guess.

My old condo was done by professionals and was perfect. I'm sure it helped to fetch $15k over asking. Which, I did without a realtor. I mean... even this monkey here can sell over asking in the biggest Seller's market Toronto's ever seen.

#8721411 - 07/11/16 10:09 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: Just A Troll]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

There are a lot of shitty 'Pro' jobs out there, lol. Pro or DIY it's gotta be done properly. If it is, then I don't care who did it.

#8721423 - 07/11/16 10:15 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: LNXGUY]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

There are a lot of shitty 'Pro' jobs out there, lol. Pro or DIY it's gotta be done properly. If it is, then I don't care who did it.

Makes me wonder how those pros stay in business? Obviously not through referrals!

#8721436 - 07/11/16 10:23 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: Just A Troll]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Makes me wonder how those pros stay in business? Obviously not through referrals!

If they're that shitty, I dunno how they could either. The tape/mud job some 'pro' did on my sisters ceiling was unbelievable. Not a small outfit either.

#8727706 - 07/18/16 08:30 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: LNXGUY]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Did some manual labour yesterday. I installed a 300 crystal chandelier in my dinning room. Took all afternoon installing those damn crystals one by one.

WTF? I'm a 3%er millennial! I'm not supposed to do any manual labour whatsoever!

#8727724 - 07/18/16 08:50 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: Just A Troll]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Cool starry bra

#8727821 - 07/18/16 10:05 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: Just A Troll]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Did some manual labour yesterday. I installed a 300 crystal chandelier in my dinning room. Took all afternoon installing those damn crystals one by one.

#8727823 - 07/18/16 10:06 AM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: Big Tasty]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Finally covered my HVAC stack with some barn board.

#8728254 - 07/18/16 03:11 PM Re: Does nobody want to do manual labor anymore? [Re: LNXGUY]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
I'm Mexican. i detail cars all weekend. this weekend did a ford escape. next i'll be cutting lawns.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads