Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#8679211 - 06/02/16 12:41 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Wildout]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Wildout
Can someone explain this to me at what point does one CHOOSE a house that expensive?

It's the rational behind it that I have trouble understanding. I'd say that most people that can clear the mortgage & property tax payments also have enough street smarts to spend the money on other things. What am I missing?

Say for this argument we skip foreign investors

When you don't overpay for Internet/cell/tv for years it's surprising what you can afford ;\)

#8679281 - 06/02/16 01:20 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
I don't choose to buy a million dollar home, but sought after hoods are the reason why it's so expensive. I want to live in Rhill, but I can't afford the house I want(detached,2car garage).

If risky was buying a house right now, I'm sure he would think "twice" about Markham. But chances are he would still buy it, even if it was double the price, right?

#8679286 - 06/02/16 01:22 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
Can someone explain this to me at what point does one CHOOSE a house that expensive?

Not sure I understand your question. You're curious as to why people buy a house that is what, a million dollars? You realize that $1M isn't much nowaday. I'm not downplaying it but even in sketchy areas small bungalows are $750k. Perhaps they want to move closer to work to lessen commute times and increase family time. Perhaps they want to move to a good area with good schools for their kids (kids are in school 14 years of their lives pre-secondary education). I'm saying this with the notion people have completed some sort of financial analysis and have deemed it financially viable.
Now if by saying "a house that expensive" you're referring to $2M, well its the same reason people were buying $1M homes 10 years ago.

The financially viable is the part I'm questioning.

Are they tapped out monthly, and carry forward debt each month or are they actually managing it?

Aka $120k income on 1.5M property drives old cars, and pretty much relies on cash

or

180k income, but everything is leased & revolves around credit & transferring balances & timing

Not sure if I'm explaining it right...

#8679290 - 06/02/16 01:24 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Wildout]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

The question is why is Wayne still in Pickering \:o
#8679375 - 06/02/16 02:02 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Wildout]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Based on climbing debt ratio since forever. A lot of people would be fucked if interests rates went up. Ie: hanging on for dear life.

#8679378 - 06/02/16 02:04 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Wildout]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Not sure I understand your question. You're curious as to why people buy a house that is what, a million dollars? You realize that $1M isn't much nowaday. I'm not downplaying it but even in sketchy areas small bungalows are $750k. Perhaps they want to move closer to work to lessen commute times and increase family time. Perhaps they want to move to a good area with good schools for their kids (kids are in school 14 years of their lives pre-secondary education). I'm saying this with the notion people have completed some sort of financial analysis and have deemed it financially viable.
Now if by saying "a house that expensive" you're referring to $2M, well its the same reason people were buying $1M homes 10 years ago.

Are they tapped out monthly, and carry forward debt each month or are they actually managing it?

Aka $120k income on 1.5M property drives old cars, and pretty much relies on cash

or

180k income, but everything is leased & revolves around credit & transferring balances & timing

You are assuming everyone buying 1M+ is a first time home buyer.

Anyone with a home now that has substantial gains in equity can go and upgrade to a bigger house without a drastic increase in mortgage.

#8679382 - 06/02/16 02:07 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Denis Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Denis Si
I don't choose to buy a million dollar home, but sought after hoods are the reason why it's so expensive. I want to live in Rhill, but I can't afford the house I want(detached,2car garage).

If risky was buying a house right now, I'm sure he would think "twice" about Markham. But chances are he would still buy it, even if it was double the price, right?

I guess the difference between you and me is that we prioritize things different. You said you can't afford a detached 2 car, but could you afford a town, a semi, an old bungalow without a garage in R hill? I am positive you could, there still shit around 7-8, (R hill go train area, etc) It would be a HUGE downgrade for you though, but you could if that's what was important to you (living in R hill)

For me the house itself is the last on my priorities (I don't care, I can always knock it down and build), my goal first and foremost is a location that works (good commute, central, no scum, solid amenities, etc...all those are first before the house itself).

Different people want different things, if I had to buy now I probably would, but would have to get an even shittier/smaller house...but I wouldn't move to xyz suburb that I don't like just to get that "big house" that I don't need.

#8679389 - 06/02/16 02:11 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Denis Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Cant afford unionville

#8679415 - 06/02/16 02:24 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

or

You are assuming everyone buying 1M+ is a first time home buyer.
Anyone with a home now that has substantial gains in equity can go and upgrade to a bigger house without a drastic increase in mortgage.

Ah true

#8679421 - 06/02/16 02:26 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto

Cant afford unionville Leaside

#8679426 - 06/02/16 02:30 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there

Cant afford unionville

This....
 Originally Posted By: Big Tasty

Cant afford unionville Leaside

And this, \:\( also, not white yuppy enough for leaside.

#8679446 - 06/02/16 02:38 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

One of my wife's old coworker had a place in Leaside, he was a Creative Director in one of the big ad firms. He's Filipino and out working his garden one day and one of his neighbours thinking he was the "help" asked him which landscaping company he worked for cause the lawn looked amazing.
#8679456 - 06/02/16 02:42 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Big Tasty]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

One of my wife's old coworker had a place in Leaside, he was a Creative Director in one of the big ad firms. He's Filipino and out working his garden one day and one of his neighbours thinking he was the "help" asked him which landscaping company he worked for cause the lawn looked amazing.

I'd be triggered for sure!

#8679479 - 06/02/16 02:54 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Wildout]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh

I'd be triggered for sure!

LOL damn

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8679486 - 06/02/16 03:00 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

I guess the difference between you and me is that we prioritize things different. You said you can't afford a detached 2 car, but could you afford a town, a semi, an old bungalow without a garage in R hill? I am positive you could, there still shit around 7-8, (R hill go train area, etc) It would be a HUGE downgrade for you though, but you could if that's what was important to you (living in R hill)

For me the house itself is the last on my priorities (I don't care, I can always knock it down and build), my goal first and foremost is a location that works (good commute, central, no scum, solid amenities, etc...all those are first before the house itself).

Different people want different things, if I had to buy now I probably would, but would have to get an even shittier/smaller house...but I wouldn't move to xyz suburb that I don't like just to get that "big house" that I don't need.

I don't "need" it but I like having big house 2 car garage. But once kids are a bit older I'll move and downgrade. I work in Pickering wife works Scarborough. I keep looking st Markham but just cannot justify the price at all. Having said that, yea I'll move eventually to Rhill to a semi or townhome. You remember my folks old semi? Wish I could've bought it when they sold it \:\(

#8679487 - 06/02/16 03:02 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Denis Si]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

There is a really nice townhome in Scarborough on mls right now(port Union) I really like it \:o

Decent price too. 689,000 I bieleve. Take that over 800,000$ for a townhome on 9th line and 407

#8679505 - 06/02/16 03:09 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Denis Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Port Union area is nice, it's under priced for what it is imo. Would move there personally (Go/highway/close to scum but far away enough, water, parks, etc)

Where did your parents move to?

#8679517 - 06/02/16 03:15 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Denis Si]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

You should jump on this, lots of baller houses in that area. 4 bdrm and killer backyard too.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Singl...borough-Village

#8679526 - 06/02/16 03:19 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Big Tasty]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

beautiful house/property.

Location isn't ideal, not a fan of anything of Kingston in scarb (west of morningside) from a logistics point of view. The highway is far enough where getting to it could be a PITA, Kingston moves slow, so that's out. Far from highway sucks imo.

#8679537 - 06/02/16 03:29 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Ya, 401 is a bit of a distance regardless of which route you take but I found taking Kingston to Lakeshore and then downtown is pretty easy/quick for the times I have done it.
#8679721 - 06/02/16 07:17 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Port Union area is nice, it's under priced for what it is imo. Would move there personally (Go/highway/close to scum but far away enough, water, parks, etc)

Where did your parents move to?

Folks moved at the right time to dufferin major Mack area

#8680129 - 06/03/16 07:31 AM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Denis Si]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Nice, I think we drove there before anything was built. Is it a detached/2car? Swap houses with them ;\)
#8680195 - 06/03/16 08:36 AM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Nice, I think we drove there before anything was built. Is it a detached/2car? Swap houses with them ;\)

Yep it is, which is why I can't afford it lol. Shit is insane

#8696059 - 06/15/16 09:22 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Denis Si]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

k just opened mine this evening...brb*, going to the bluffs, nice knowing y'all.

$/sqft here doe man...

Edited by Screamin DC2R (06/15/16 09:23 PM)

#8696088 - 06/15/16 10:06 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

So you gonna be coy or are you gong to post up the hardly shocking assessment details?
#8696107 - 06/15/16 10:28 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Wildout]
Wildout Offline
Post Master Jr

$4800

$4900

#8697277 - 06/16/16 05:48 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Wildout]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Got mine. Assessed value went up by more than 50% since 2012. I'm pretty sure we could get the assessed amount if we sold today.

#8697320 - 06/16/16 06:34 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: SW20_MR2]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Just got mine as well, 41% increase since '12
#8697480 - 06/16/16 09:13 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Got my property tax as well, it's going up 2.5%
#8697501 - 06/16/16 09:22 PM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Rusky Business
So you gonna be coy or are you gong to post up the hardly shocking assessment details?

+43.5

at least they phase in the amounts year to year...so tax on the place will only be a bit more until you hit the new value by 2020.

#8700383 - 06/20/16 09:21 AM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Singl...3T1-The-Beaches

saw this place this weekend while roaming around...figured it'd be like 1.2 to 1.5 mil...lol, nope.

more. damn.

#8700389 - 06/20/16 09:27 AM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
House a few blocks away just sold for 75k over asking, lol Barrie.

#8700391 - 06/20/16 09:29 AM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/17027349/28-WAVERLEY-RD-Toronto-Ontario-M4L3T1-The-Beaches

saw this place this weekend while roaming around...figured it'd be like 1.2 to 1.5 mil...lol, nope.

more. damn.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK. I used to deliver newspapers for years on that same street as well as the whole kingston road corridor (18 years ago). You could've had that turd for like 250 back then.

#8700392 - 06/20/16 09:30 AM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: LNXGUY]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: LNXGUY

poverty appreciation

#8700393 - 06/20/16 09:30 AM Re: There will be moaners and whiners [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
 Originally Posted By: LNXGUY

poverty appreciation

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads