Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8645871 - 05/03/16 06:16 PM Who has done interlock?
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

I am very close to finishing my garage extension and need an interlock installer.

I have about 1k square feet to be put down I've already pulled up the driveways and dug out the walkways, need prep, level, install.

Got a few quotes so far ranging from 4 sq ft as the cheapest but he doesn't seem interested (hard to get a hold of etc which is pissing me off). Another quote in same range was a fire fighter crew that does it on side - saw them doing a local driveway and asked to quote. Don't like the fact that these guys are part timers.

That leaves guy 3 who is my fav, very thorough knows his shit, he has done all the nicest homes in my area is highly recommended etc etc so he is 5k all in so a grand more.

What have you paid, are you happy?

Looking to seal the deal with someone, most likely 5k guy but want to make sure I exhaust all options. He also provides 3 year warranty, excellent rating on homestars.

#8645874 - 05/03/16 06:17 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

What started as a 10k project is turning into 20 with most of the labor done by me \:\| so yea not having to drop that extra grand would be cool but not at the cost of quality.
#8645898 - 05/03/16 06:42 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,
I'll ask around to a few of my buddies that work in the city.(trades)

#8645909 - 05/03/16 07:01 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: LNXGUY]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
This is a very good friend of mine. Unsure if he would do it due to location and he gets booked solid but is probably worth a call. Tell him you know me.

Guy's name is Tom

http://www.dricon.ca

#8646008 - 05/03/16 08:12 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: JEFFOS]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks, texted him will see what he says. Doubt he will come out this way tho.
#8646017 - 05/03/16 08:19 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: JEFFOS]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
CSI meet at Risky's place. We'd get it done in a day and still have time to debate how cops hate wayne.

#8646110 - 05/03/16 09:17 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: JEFFOS]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
 Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
This is a very good friend of mine. Unsure if he would do it due to location and he gets booked solid but is probably worth a call. Tell him you know me.
Guy's name is Tom

volleyball st martin's tom? green hatch tom? didnt know he did this. shit. i just commited to a project at my house (not sure if he would go east to ajax anyway)

#8646142 - 05/03/16 09:41 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: 4Three]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: 4Three
CSI meet at Risky's place. We'd get it done in a day and still have time to debate how cops hate wayne.

Lolololololololol

XD XD XD XD

#8646168 - 05/03/16 10:04 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
 Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
 Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
Guy's name is Tom

volleyball st martin's tom? green hatch tom? didnt know he did this. shit. i just commited to a project at my house (not sure if he would go east to ajax anyway)

Yes sir. He used to be in business operations and finance and started this a few years ago and is doing well.

I had the toothpaste green hatch during high school Tom had the weird brown/ copper hatch with type r wheels.

#8646231 - 05/03/16 11:01 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: JEFFOS]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

FIL does it but he's quite expensive at $10-12/sq.ft. and he's booked until late summer. The pavers were $4.39 a sq.ft. (w/ trade discount) + limestone + sand + labour (estimate double of materials), the $5/sq.ft. quote seems low.

Sample work:

Why dont you take a stab at it. You would just need to rent a tamper and a saw.

I helped out when they did my driveway and it wasn't that hard. The hardest/dirtiest part would be cutting the stones. Leveling sounds hard but if you use your old driveway as a guideline there is not much to it. Use OAKS pavers as it's a good medium price point between Best Way (sucks, they break easily) and Permacon. They should finish off with Permacon polymeric sand but no big deal if they don't as you can do that yourself easily.

Neighbours used EPL and GVS.

If you swing by my area you can see their work. Those with a wall like the above are by GVS and those with lights built into the steps are by EPL. If my FIL didn't do my driveway I would choose GVS for price and EPL for full-service landscaping (e.g. irrigation, shed, etc...). Without getting quotes from either, I can tell GVS is cheaper as they use cheaper (not necessarily cheap) materials.

#8646316 - 05/04/16 12:46 AM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: xza8]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: xza8

I helped out when they did my driveway and it wasn't that hard.

#8646392 - 05/04/16 06:24 AM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: xza8]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

FIL does it but he's quite expensive at $10-12/sq.ft. and he's booked until late summer. The pavers were $4.39 a sq.ft. (w/ trade discount) + limestone + sand + labour (estimate double of materials), the $5/sq.ft. quote seems low.

Sample work:

I helped out when they did my driveway and it wasn't that hard. The hardest/dirtiest part would be cutting the stones. Leveling sounds hard but if you use your old driveway as a guideline there is not much to it. Use OAKS pavers as it's a good medium price point between Best Way (sucks, they break easily) and Permacon. They should finish off with Permacon polymeric sand but no big deal if they don't as you can do that yourself easily.

If you swing by my area you can see their work. Those with a wall like the above are by GVS and those with lights built into the steps are by EPL. If my FIL didn't do my driveway I would choose GVS for price and EPL for full-service landscaping (e.g. irrigation, shed, etc...). Without getting quotes from either, I can tell GVS is cheaper as they use cheaper (not necessarily cheap) materials.

I am using pretty much the best pavers you can get, unilock richcliff with copthorn border. I am getting quoted lower because I've already pulled up and dug out everything and hauled all garbage away, I've purchased and will have the interlock delivered. I need a crew for 2-3 days to do this, so it's a really good cash job for the right person and not a complete week long project....hence getting lower quotes.

I've done interlock before it's not hard but the scope o this job is way too big for me, if it takes a crew of 3-4 guys 3 days full time then it would be the whole summer for me.

Ask FIL if he wants a cash job, it's close for him and only a couple of days. He can come quote or I can send pix.

#8646547 - 05/04/16 09:07 AM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: Risky Business]
xza8 Offline
Sr Member

Email me pics and dimensions and I'll get you a quick estimate. He's booked up to summer though and he's on the pricier side but all his work is word of mouth/past clients (no advertising) so hopefully that means something.

Unilock is good stuff, most Chinaman, like me, prefer OAKS because its cheaper.

#8647150 - 05/04/16 02:59 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: xza8]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
vas i can give you the contact for the company my cousin works for, he'd be the one actually doing the interlock if your interdasted.

#8647156 - 05/04/16 03:01 PM Re: Who has done interlock? [Re: xza8]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario

Sample work:

i did a little piece at the end of my walkway and i wanted to shoot a motherfucker. screw doing interlock.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads