Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8643053 - 05/01/16 06:31 PM First half marathon
00Formula
Unregistered

The wife motivated me to run a half with her, so we've been training for the last 18 weeks to run a half marathon. She followed the training plan better than I did, as I missed 2 weeks due to allergy/sickness. No problem, modified my plan to the 16 week training schedule.
We ran the race and the course was much more hilly than our practice runs. In practice I'm a 8:09-8:10 min mile guy lap after lap around the local schools which is right at 1.0 mile around both schools. My wife ran a practice 13.1 two weeks prior to the race and ran it in 2:17:xx.

I finished in 1:53:xx and she finished in 2:22xx on race day. Afterward we were pretty much ruined

It was a great experience, very motivational, and we both felt accomplished to train and finish successfully. We both agree though we're going back to strength training and shorter 3-5 mile runs due to the wear and tear on our knees and feet.

I wanted to break 1:50, but I'm happy with the results from my first official race.

#8643306 - 05/01/16 11:21 PM Re: First half marathon [Re: ]
schtickaz.ai Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: State, Country, etc.
dam sun, you were like a bajillion times faster than the first one I tried lol, congrats /jelly

did you fade at all like at mile 9/10 like I always do haha

/great job

#8643368 - 05/02/16 12:28 AM Re: First half marathon [Re: schtickaz.ai]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Nice work man...and to your wife. Those are totally respectable times for your first attempts!

#8643624 - 05/02/16 10:43 AM Re: First half marathon [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
Wow nice time! Especially for your first.
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#8644376 - 05/02/16 06:07 PM Re: First half marathon [Re: schtickaz.ai]
00Formula
Unregistered

Thanks! We were both just happy to finish and not get hurt or rained on.

I started out too strong, first three miles were 7:45-7:50 pace as I was trying to keep up with the 1:45:00 pace guy. I slowed to a 8:15-8:30 pace per the my fitness app on my phone. The mile 10-11 were my slowest, but also had the 45 degree hill. I had a few issues during the race. My shoe lace came untied twice around mile 6-7, then I dropped my phone around mile 10 since I carried it in my hands the whole race. I also carried the car fob in the other hand the whole race as it annoyed me bouncing around in my pocket. I did take a goo pack that I ate at 7-8 mile as j was worried about cramps in my calfs.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads