Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#8644641 - 05/02/16 09:06 PM Re: Expect home values to be out of reach for most Canadians [Re: Risky Business]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Here, my fav area of oakville trafalgar ans lakeshore, 519k can be converted in a three bedroom if you change up the boardroom.

Not joking, I'd be doing this right now

Take a look at this property listing ID 30515911

http://www.icx.ca/PropertyDetails.aspx?PropertyID=16820027

Sent from my iPhone

#8644663 - 05/02/16 09:15 PM Re: Expect home values to be out of reach for most Canadians [Re: Risky Business]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
That area is top notch too. If I got it I would change the name above the awning to Risky Business

#8644928 - 05/03/16 07:34 AM Re: Expect home values to be out of reach for most Canadians [Re: Euphoricuck]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
 Originally Posted By: Just A Troll
It's an inventory problem. We're at a record low in terms of houses up for sale.
data to back this up?
based on my own observations(and others)...all I see are FS signs every fucking where.

https://www.thestar.com/business/real_es...king-sales.html

Just a few things from the article:
 Quote:

The market could have experienced even stronger sales growth if it were not constrained by a deficit of new listings, said Jason Mercer, TREB’s director of market analysis.

The number of new listings was down compared to the same period last year, meaning there were more buyers competing for fewer homes. The number of homes listed for sale in the first quarter fell to its lowest level for a first quarter in at least 12 years, according to an analysis by National Bank.

Toronto is a seller’s market, with sales-to-new-listing ratios hovering around 70 per cent — the highest ratio since the 2008-2009 recession, said Robert Kavcic, senior economist at BMO.

He doesn’t see this abating any time soon as strong job and population growth in the GTA will continue to drive demand, while few new detached homes are being built.

“This has been more of a sustained gradual increase in demand and no new supply coming on board, so this is probably going to persist longer than back in 2009.”

TREB is closely guarding the data but the court decision last week could see this data go public very soon.

What you're observing is probably just a pocket where one person sells and the neighbours (sheep) all want to cash in on their million dollar homes. Generally speaking, I'm seeing a lot less listings on MLS this year.

#8644942 - 05/03/16 07:47 AM Re: Expect home values to be out of reach for most Canadians [Re: JEFFOS]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
That area is top notch too. If I got it I would change the name above the awning to Risky Business

This has potential to be a cash cow of some sort.

That area is siiiiiick.

#8644943 - 05/03/16 07:47 AM Re: Expect home values to be out of reach for most Canadians [Re: Just A Troll]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
It's an inventory problem. We're at a record low in terms of houses up for sale.
data to back this up?
based on my own observations(and others)...all I see are FS signs every fucking where.

https://www.thestar.com/business/real_es...king-sales.html

Just a few things from the article:
 Quote:

The market could have experienced even stronger sales growth if it were not constrained by a deficit of new listings, said Jason Mercer, TREB’s director of market analysis.

The number of new listings was down compared to the same period last year, meaning there were more buyers competing for fewer homes. The number of homes listed for sale in the first quarter fell to its lowest level for a first quarter in at least 12 years, according to an analysis by National Bank.

Toronto is a seller’s market, with sales-to-new-listing ratios hovering around 70 per cent — the highest ratio since the 2008-2009 recession, said Robert Kavcic, senior economist at BMO.

He doesn’t see this abating any time soon as strong job and population growth in the GTA will continue to drive demand, while few new detached homes are being built.

“This has been more of a sustained gradual increase in demand and no new supply coming on board, so this is probably going to persist longer than back in 2009.”

TREB is closely guarding the data but the court decision last week could see this data go public very soon.

What you're observing is probably just a pocket where one person sells and the neighbours (sheep) all want to cash in on their million dollar homes. Generally speaking, I'm seeing a lot less listings on MLS this year.

Hasn't TREB been widely criticized for fudging their numbers YoY.

#8645010 - 05/03/16 08:35 AM Re: Expect home values to be out of reach for most Canadians [Re: Risky Business]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

I haven't heard of "fudging" but have heard of limiting access to data.

Still, given the crazy bidding wars and bully bids all over the GTA, you even see them in Brampton these days, is it hard to believe there's way more demand than offer?

#8645021 - 05/03/16 08:41 AM Re: Expect home values to be out of reach for most Canadians [Re: JEFFOS]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: JEFFOS
It seems it's all in or none right now (or townhouse but I really want a detached)

So did I. That's the craziest part of the market where the hottest bidding wars are going on. You may have to compromise a bit and "settle" for a townhouse.

Get a corner unit so that way it feels more like a semi.

The "dream" of owning a detached, especially in the GTA, is getting impossible for most people. And it doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon.

#8645106 - 05/03/16 09:53 AM Re: Expect home values to be out of reach for most Canadians [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
 Originally Posted By: Chocolate Hat0r
So where is all this demand coming from? I mean the GTA grew, but that much in 25 years? I can still remember 1990 there was nothing north of Steeles and Markham till you got to Markham village.
Think about going to Markham fairgrounds for darknights, there was nothing there.

ChinaR and other foreign investors. Canadian dollar taking a dump driving up demand, low interest rates.

Canadians not in the market are screwed.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads