Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#8580506 - 03/07/16 05:47 PM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: HotHB]
MurderHornetVR6 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Detox
Clearly the carbs and not decreased intake
#8580508 - 03/07/16 05:50 PM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: MurderHornetVR6]
schtickaz.ai Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: State, Country, etc.
I get cranky as fuck and my performance plummets if I'm not taking in enough carbs /forever obese

I try to flirt with under-fueling with carbs and on a threshold/pace type effort underfueled is always some kind of controlled disaster and may involve crying. i think there's some merit to occasionally under-fueling teaching the body to burn fat but as a regular thing it's nothing but misery and I'm not fucking doing it anymore

#8580948 - 03/08/16 10:02 AM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: schtickaz.ai]
HotHB Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: stickaz_duex
I get cranky as fuck and my performance plummets if I'm not taking in enough carbs /forever obese

I try to flirt with under-fueling with carbs and on a threshold/pace type effort underfueled is always some kind of controlled disaster and may involve crying. i think there's some merit to occasionally under-fueling teaching the body to burn fat but as a regular thing it's nothing but misery and I'm not fucking doing it anymore

Dude...i had the same feeling. Thing I like about this is you can eat a fucking ton...I'm still consuming 3000 calories per day...just no simple carbs...like mentioned earlier, added in complex carbs (sweet potatoes and squash) for the meal immediately after training.

#8581016 - 03/08/16 10:39 AM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: HotHB]
schtickaz.ai Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: State, Country, etc.
oh ok, yea, as long as its carbs I'm cool. I aint got no business [nor any desire] to carb-bonk myself on the regular anymore. It totally fucking sucks [but I still say it's useful to do to yourself once in a while...]

#8581082 - 03/08/16 11:18 AM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: HotHB]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: HotHB

Dude...i had the same feeling. Thing I like about this is you can eat a fucking ton...I'm still consuming 3000 calories per day...just no simple carbs...like mentioned earlier, added in complex carbs (sweet potatoes and squash) for the meal immediately after training.

Care to post your meal "plan" over a few days, curious to see how doable it is?

#8581094 - 03/08/16 11:26 AM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: Risky Business]
wolfsburg2 Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

From what he posted earlier it looks like a cross between paleo and atkins.

#8581267 - 03/08/16 01:11 PM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: Risky Business]
HotHB Offline
Post Master Supreme

Its definitely 'bland' for some people...but once you get used to it I've found it to be just fine. you can use all kinds of spices to make things more exciting

Typical day looks like this:

Breakfast (pretty much same everyday):
3 eggs 2 pieces of bacon plus avocado and greens or veggies

Mid-morning snack (same everyday):
Hard boiled eggs or cottage cheese

Lunch - depends if I eat at home or out but here are a few things that are typical.
1. Cabbage wraps - think cabbage 'tortilla' with meat protein (usually chicken), veggies, avocado, beans...lots of beans
2. Chicken breast, black beans, green salad (olive oil + vineagar)
3. Tuna salad 'bowl' - tuna, veggies, etc. Usually will eat cup of cottage cheese as its not enough.
4. Chipotle bowl no rice is a great option here if in a hurry

Afternoon snack:
same as above usually...
Hard boiled egg
cottage cheese
handful of nuts

Dinner (assuming I worked out after work): gets a bit bland but its basically taking a meat, complex carb, beans and veggie and mashing it into a meal. few examples simplified:

Meat protein + sweet potato + beans + asparagus and green salad with avocado
Meat protein + squash + beans + asparagus and green salad with avo
Meat protein + cauliflower rice + beans
burger (no bun) with refried beans and salad
Bacon wrapped squash bites + salad
Cauliflower dough pizza - look it up...its pretty legit.

I've found you really need to eat a lot of beans...A LOT of beans. Its the only way im able to maintain energy levels. But there is no calorie restriction, you can eat as much as you want of the foods allowed - again I am still consuming 3000ush calories per day on average...general rules of thumb:

Dont eat anything white or that was white (made of flour) - exceptions: califlour, eggs and cottage cheese
Dont drink calories
Don't eat fruit
Take a cheat day once per week and eat anything and everything you want.

#8581373 - 03/08/16 02:47 PM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: HotHB]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Jayhawk Country
I don't get it.
#8581425 - 03/08/16 03:14 PM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: Silock]
HotHB Offline
Post Master Supreme

Take away carbs and refined sugars to reduce insulin spikes - carb are converted to sugar - so your body burns fat instead...

Its no new concept...this is just a different spin. I like it and have seem improvements in physique and performance. I find it easy as there is no calorie counting needed and its very black and white...sharing it with people who might be looking for something easy to try.

This is obviously not an optimal diet if you are trying to gain mass quickly but for the average desk jockey that gets 3-5 days excersise on average...works great IMO

#8581669 - 03/08/16 07:39 PM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: HotHB]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Its definitely 'bland' for some people...but once you get used to it I've found it to be just fine. you can use all kinds of spices to make things more exciting

Lunch - depends if I eat at home or out but here are a few things that are typical.
1. Cabbage wraps - think cabbage 'tortilla' with meat protein (usually chicken), veggies, avocado, beans...lots of beans
3. Tuna salad 'bowl' - tuna, veggies, etc. Usually will eat cup of cottage cheese as its not enough.

Afternoon snack:
same as above usually...
Hard boiled egg
cottage cheese
handful of nuts

Dinner (assuming I worked out after work): gets a bit bland but its basically taking a meat, complex carb, beans and veggie and mashing it into a meal. few examples simplified:

I've found you really need to eat a lot of beans...A LOT of beans. Its the only way im able to maintain energy levels. But there is no calorie restriction, you can eat as much as you want of the foods allowed - again I am still consuming 3000ush calories per day on average...general rules of thumb:

Dont eat anything white or that was white (made of flour) - exceptions: califlour, eggs and cottage cheese
Dont drink calories
Don't eat fruit

Thanks! I might try a slight variant of this out of sheer boredom and also to take the thinking part of wha to make daily.

#8581891 - 03/09/16 02:26 AM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: HotHB]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Take away carbs and refined sugars to reduce insulin spikes - carb are converted to sugar - so your body burns fat instead...

Its no new concept...this is just a different spin. I like it and have seem improvements in physique and performance. I find it easy as there is no calorie counting needed and its very black and white...sharing it with people who might be looking for something easy to try.

This is obviously not an optimal diet if you are trying to gain mass quickly but for the average desk jockey that gets 3-5 days excersise on average...works great IMO

Except carbs aren't the only thing that spikes insulin. Protein does it, too, even if you are moderating it with "complex carbs." ALL carbs are converted to sugars. There's no way around it. So, why eliminate FRUIT of all things? Makes no sense.

Seems like a diet that works by moderating intake rather than the mechanisms it professes.

#8582075 - 03/09/16 09:29 AM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: Risky Business]
HotHB Offline
Post Master Supreme

Afternoon snack:
same as above usually...
Hard boiled egg
cottage cheese
handful of nuts

Dont drink calories
Don't eat fruit

Thanks! I might try a slight variant of this out of sheer boredom and also to take the thinking part of wha to make daily.

Thats part of the reason I really like it...super easy...i cook up big batches of stuff on Sunday and eat it throughout the week.

I've tweaked it and I break some of the rules based on what i've experienced and the fact I'm training 5+ days per week...

He claims you can lose up to 20# in 30 days without excersise eating like this...I dont know if thats true but seems legit.

#8582083 - 03/09/16 09:33 AM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: Silock]
HotHB Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Silock

Except carbs aren't the only thing that spikes insulin. Protein does it, too, even if you are moderating it with "complex carbs." ALL carbs are converted to sugars. There's no way around it. So, why eliminate FRUIT of all things? Makes no sense.

Seems like a diet that works by moderating intake rather than the mechanisms it professes.

Try it and find out I guess if you're skeptical...there is an intake moderation component for most people, but like mentioned I'm still at a high caloric load daily.

While you are correct protein and fats do create insulin spikes, but not in the same way carbs and sugars do. This whole thing is based on the argument that a calorie IS NOT a calorie...but I won't re-hash that shit-show from the other forum.

Works for me, and I like it....

#8582945 - 03/09/16 07:05 PM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: HotHB]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

I don't need to try it to know that it's scientifically inaccurate. Your caloric intake is mitigated by activity, as most any diet would be. It's still moderated intake. 5 minus 3 results in the same thing as 4 minus 2.

There's nothing wrong with an insulin spike with moderated intake. In fact, it's quite helpful for your muscles to get the amino acids and energy they need. Carbs almost never turn to fat. The exception is when you have prolonged periods of over-ingestion over a number of days and you don't burn any of it off.

I'm not shitting on you or your success with it. I'm just saying that it works despite its principles being unsound. This sugar-phobic craze is out of control. There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating fruit, of all things. There's certainly something to be said for avoiding a crazy amount of excess sugar intake, but that's because of how easy it is to get a significant caloric excess with it. If you want to only eat beans all the time, be my guest. It doesn't bother me. It's not necessary, but hey, if you like it, do it!

Edit: Again, I'm not shitting on anything. I would suspect that our diets are quite similar in macronutrient ratio; the only difference is that my carbs aren't limited to a specific category.

Edited by Silock (03/10/16 12:57 AM)

#8583431 - 03/10/16 11:22 AM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: Silock]
HotHB Offline
Post Master Supreme

I hear ya man...i dont know the science well enough to argue one way or another. I love fruit and eat it on my 'cheat days' - problem for me is that its hard to portion and I end up eating too much in the spirit of...oh its fruit, of course its good for me no matter how much I eat.

I'm not trying to be a body builder, but I do like definition and this is the first time ive really ben able to maintain it for an extended period of time.

#8584473 - 03/11/16 01:23 AM Re: Tried the Tim Ferriss Slow-carb diet from 4-hour body... [Re: ]
Silock Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Which is important if you're a diabetic. Not so much if you're not.
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads