Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8542082 - 02/03/16 01:00 PM Vermont for spring vacation, or east/west coast?
SiZ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Longdon, Ontario
Hey all, I know plenty of you are experienced travellers, so I'm looking for suggestions. I have a week off at the end of April and my wife and I are trying to figure out what to do. We've looking into mexico a fair bit, we went last year and really loved it. Problem is, its hard to find something under $1500 each with decent flight times, and neither of us are real keen on flying as it is.

Kinda wondering if anyone has been to Vermont and anywhere around there they'd recommend? We're also looking at Canada's west and east coast as options. I think the east coast would be cool, but maybe not in the spring. Vancouver had pretty good prices for flights, and hotels, but I'm a bit wishy washy on winding up in a big city and just feeling like I'm in Toronto.

So, I'm open for some suggestions, prefer something that's a drive. (or recommend a coast) We mostly just want to chill, maybe sit in a hot tub. We're kind of "foodies" so to speak, mostly for crap food like BBQ. ;\) Love to drink beer. \:\)

Thanks

#8542097 - 02/03/16 01:09 PM Re: Vermont for spring vacation, or east/west coast? [Re: SiZ]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Whistler, Kelowna, Banff, those are places you want to visit.
#8542128 - 02/03/16 01:34 PM Re: Vermont for spring vacation, or east/west coast? [Re: Senor Eduardo_82]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Austin. Portland. Nashville?
#8542139 - 02/03/16 01:40 PM Re: Vermont for spring vacation, or east/west coast? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
I've only been to Burlington VT. I loved visiting there during the winter months.

#8542220 - 02/03/16 02:53 PM Re: Vermont for spring vacation, or east/west coast? [Re: c2k]
SiZ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Longdon, Ontario
Nashville was the first place we looked into, hotels are insane there during that week for some reason?! They were like 200+ for a shit hole.

Whistler I looked into, but it will be too expensive. I don't want to spend over $3000 for the two of us for the week, I really want to pave the driveway this spring. ;\)

Is there anything to do outside of Austin?

Burlington sounds okay, is it a city? Is there a mountain nearby?

#8542288 - 02/03/16 03:41 PM Re: Vermont for spring vacation, or east/west coast? [Re: SiZ]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
if you do decide to go to VT, the culture is very different vs. city people vs. country vs mountain people. the mountain people are just.... weird.

ask in OT, you'll get a better response w/ em.

#8542306 - 02/03/16 04:05 PM Re: Vermont for spring vacation, or east/west coast? [Re: c2k]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
perhaps go to a major city near here like NY, Chicago or Boston and just explore the shit out of their food.

with a $3k budget, you can have a nice eating vacation from 3 stars to street food with a decent hotel stay

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads