Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#8583065 - 03/09/16 09:12 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Risky Business]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
$1000 for all 4? You drive a civic still ?

Imagine all this shit now a days with 19s and 20s. You gun get raped

#8583077 - 03/09/16 09:36 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: titty sprinkles]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

Loc: North York, Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
 Originally Posted By: 4age
 Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business
I am gonna pile in here, for my tl the pss or dunlops? 235/40/18...going to see about 5k/year in driving so treadwear isn't overly important just looking for something half decent and sticky.

Also where do you buy your tires here?

dont touch dunlops they're harder and louder than most (across the board), in your TL you'll be annoyed and the car will feel noisier and cheaper esp at hwy speeds.

pss ballin, not bad. check out conti's they're always a great choice. i like bridgestone but not they're low end stuff.

like euphoric said you maybe don't need to break the bank with pss or conti's...doubt you want anything goodyear either. so checkout a decent falken or yokohama all-round sport all-season tire. (depending how 'sporty' you wanna go. yoko makes some decent models for the money. there's always toyo too.

you talking about the dunlop direzzas? i went with them, slightly better tire than the falkins, i read about how they were noisy but mine are not noisy at all. could be that the tlx is a quiet car but still, i've had yoko's that are much noisier. they are decently sticky too, no track tire but great for what they are.

There are multiple dorezzas. Dz101 and dz102, which are the junk ones...and z1/z2/starspec which are the track ones. The z2 and z1 are mad loud even on my s4. Like super ridic loud. I would highly advise against these for DD.

Btw ed wtf u have re71r what for. They wear mad quick. The tread wear rating on that tire is bogus XD people are getting like 3 days out of those tires before they cycle out

holllldddd up.

i have the dz102's on the 20's. they are plenty sticky for a street tire not to mention they cost almost $1000. you mean to tell me you guys are running basicaly track tires on the street? how hard are you taking that yonge street onramp? lol also you guys are buying $1000+ tires that wear out in two years? i didn't realize this place was that baller

Yo wut srsly. I track the car. Go through 1 set of tires annually. If u must know about yonge St, I can do that ramp at 140 on winters :p not safe to do on summers BC velocity would be way high and it's a blind corner XD

Dz102 is good for street I give it that. Sorry, maybe "crap" was a poor adjective to use. But performance wise, comparing a dz dirrezza to a z dirrezza is like night and day fa realz. Not on the same level at all. Fwiw I drove a d101 on track and it was pooooo. I know dz102 has been much improved doe. But still far behind other tires in it's segment.

Edited by 4age (03/09/16 09:40 PM)

XD XD XD XD

#8583079 - 03/09/16 09:42 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: 4age]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Makes for a great tire for his taxi service

#8583085 - 03/09/16 09:50 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: 4age]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
I am gonna pile in here, for my tl the pss or dunlops? 235/40/18...going to see about 5k/year in driving so treadwear isn't overly important just looking for something half decent and sticky.

Also where do you buy your tires here?

dont touch dunlops they're harder and louder than most (across the board), in your TL you'll be annoyed and the car will feel noisier and cheaper esp at hwy speeds.

pss ballin, not bad. check out conti's they're always a great choice. i like bridgestone but not they're low end stuff.

like euphoric said you maybe don't need to break the bank with pss or conti's...doubt you want anything goodyear either. so checkout a decent falken or yokohama all-round sport all-season tire. (depending how 'sporty' you wanna go. yoko makes some decent models for the money. there's always toyo too.

you talking about the dunlop direzzas? i went with them, slightly better tire than the falkins, i read about how they were noisy but mine are not noisy at all. could be that the tlx is a quiet car but still, i've had yoko's that are much noisier. they are decently sticky too, no track tire but great for what they are.

There are multiple dorezzas. Dz101 and dz102, which are the junk ones...and z1/z2/starspec which are the track ones. The z2 and z1 are mad loud even on my s4. Like super ridic loud. I would highly advise against these for DD.

Btw ed wtf u have re71r what for. They wear mad quick. The tread wear rating on that tire is bogus XD people are getting like 3 days out of those tires before they cycle out

holllldddd up.

i have the dz102's on the 20's. they are plenty sticky for a street tire not to mention they cost almost $1000. you mean to tell me you guys are running basicaly track tires on the street? how hard are you taking that yonge street onramp? lol also you guys are buying $1000+ tires that wear out in two years? i didn't realize this place was that baller

Yo wut srsly. I track the car. Go through 1 set of tires annually. If u must know about yonge St, I can do that ramp at 140 on winters :p not safe to do on summers BC velocity would be way high and it's a blind corner XD

Dz102 is good for street I give it that. Sorry, maybe "crap" was a poor adjective to use. But performance wise, comparing a dz dirrezza to a z dirrezza is like night and day fa realz. Not on the same level at all. Fwiw I drove a d101 on track and it was pooooo. I know dz102 has been much improved doe. But still far behind other tires in it's segment.

oh no i know you track but most people don't. i'm saying that i can take the majormac to 400 south on ramp (long tight right turn) very hard and the tires don't even make any noise, so short of that how much performance does one need for the street?

my tires may be garbage but they are more than enough for the street i find, i mean, there are much cheaper tires out there like sailuns and shit.

Edited by titty sprinkles (03/09/16 09:51 PM)

#8583089 - 03/09/16 10:00 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: titty sprinkles]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

oh no i know you track but most people don't. i'm saying that i can take the majormac to 400 south on ramp (long tight right turn) very hard and the tires don't even make any noise, so short of that how much performance does one need for the street?

my tires may be garbage but they are more than enough for the street i find, i mean, there are much cheaper tires out there like sailuns and shit.

+1 I agree all the way. No need for insanity on the street it is a waste. Plus it is not fun to have a less grippy tire... More entertaining on the street. As long as tire characteristics are good (steering feel, steering response, noise and wet traction etc), then that's all that matters. IMO on the street, finding a tire that feels good is paramount. I don't disagree with u here \:\)

Fwiw doe some tires do not make noise even when traction is broken. Noise is not an indication of on limit adhesion.

Edited by 4age (03/09/16 10:01 PM)

XD XD XD XD

#8583107 - 03/09/16 10:28 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: 4age]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Those are my favorite. Can push it on the skreetz and attract less attention.

#8583807 - 03/10/16 03:05 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: 4age]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
$1000 for all 4? You drive a civic still ?

Imagine all this shit now a days with 19s and 20s. You gun get raped

that was for the 20's brah

+1 I agree all the way. No need for insanity on the street it is a waste. Plus it is not fun to have a less grippy tire... More entertaining on the street. As long as tire characteristics are good (steering feel, steering response, noise and wet traction etc), then that's all that matters. IMO on the street, finding a tire that feels good is paramount. I don't disagree with u here \:\)

Fwiw doe some tires do not make noise even when traction is broken. Noise is not an indication of on limit adhesion.

maybe it's just me but the 102's have all those characteristics, feelZ, steering response, great in the rain too. it could be because they are fresh but i can't get them to push even with the size of the boat tlx. i remember running bridgestone RE010's and the yoko ES100's and those were loud as shit.

Edited by titty sprinkles (03/10/16 03:06 PM)

#8584115 - 03/10/16 06:42 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Here's a dumb question, are SUV tires specific? What I mean is can I use a proper sized performance tire on my RDX or do they have to be SUV specific? Do they make performance oriented light truck tires?

Looking at a set of Bridgestone RE760's for the TLX as recommend my Allen from ST.

#8584257 - 03/10/16 08:43 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: The Postman]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

They def make perf oriented suv tires
No they do not need to be specific

Best to ensure factory overall diameter if possible to optimize abs/esc function

And just ensure tire load limit is within the vehicle gvwr

#8584265 - 03/10/16 08:47 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: spd-dmn]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
well since it's the R and i barely drive it, let alone very far to work if i take it i can manage to run on r-comps even for dd, store them indoors during winter and it's all good. i'm just cheap (and dont have room) for a 3rd set of rims/tires to have dedicated lapping tires. usually i just run a solid sticky summer max perf (like those i mentioned) and use those for DD and lapping...they're done by the 2nd summer lol. so thinking i may just "rice" out and get like A048's for dd/lapping...waaaaaat. and yes you can take offramps and silly speeds, just sayin ;\)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8596361 - 03/22/16 07:12 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

GNSP

#8596365 - 03/22/16 07:20 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Risky Business]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Whatchoo doing at Fairview? I put my summers on because we had +18 in the beginning of march, and then put the winters back on this weekend \:\(
#8596377 - 03/22/16 07:27 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Fairview? lol too far
#8596386 - 03/22/16 07:36 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Risky Business]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Fairview? lol too far

I meant markville, not sure why I said fairview....

#8596401 - 03/22/16 07:48 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Took car for test drive hoping wheel falls off. Apparently with spacers it's standard practice to have a wheel or two fly off at one point or another.

Would've been a fitting place for it to happen at markville.

#8596492 - 03/22/16 09:13 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
Took car for test drive hoping wheel falls off. Apparently with spacers it's standard practice to have a wheel or two fly off at one point or another.

not if you get extended studs (not always needed)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8596501 - 03/22/16 09:24 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

this will be risky soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z51HgIouwE

#8596504 - 03/22/16 09:26 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
 Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck

Dang

Car looks nice RB!

#8596508 - 03/22/16 09:29 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
4age Offline
XD XD XD XD
Post Master Sr

or there's this one...made by euphoric himself XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yryle6nsDZ4

XD XD XD XD

#8596516 - 03/22/16 09:36 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, ON
Extended vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7KDNfgTnBo

Guy got prison time and fine for this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SMY89peBrc ... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-porsche-crazy-driver-sentencing-1.3440221

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck

#8597174 - 03/22/16 03:54 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: furball]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

whattttt looks sick risky, how do the coilovers ride?

i just ordered these

#8597256 - 03/22/16 04:49 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Risky Business]
SiZ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Longdon, Ontario
Fuuuu, I like that car very much.

I had spacers for 5 years on my 4runner and no problems.

#8597440 - 03/22/16 07:18 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto

not if you get extended studs (not always needed)

I tore a wheel off my mustang with spacers and extended studs (replaced the stock studs with decent race studs). The safest way is use a spacer with an integrated second set of studs. The shear point is limited that way.

#8597445 - 03/22/16 07:20 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: JEFFOS]
JEFFOS Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
I should add car looks good man

#8597784 - 03/23/16 06:24 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: JEFFOS]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
Very clean! what did you use for the drop?

#8597815 - 03/23/16 07:20 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: c2k]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Thanks everyone, glad people like it. I really enjoy the lines of this car, maybe I am biased, but it sure feels like it's one of the nicer looking sedans out there once you do a few subtle mods. I was getting crazy ADD mid winter was going to get a new car, started looking at many different options, in the end decided to just throw a few mods at this one and make it last.

I used Tein coilovers, there was a sale for 30% off with an acurazine vendor so I jumped on it.

Car rides about 20%-30% stiffer than stock, but that's a combination of switching from winter tires to summers with a lower profile, upgraded rear sway bar, and uncalibrated butt dyno feelz. Can't really tell what made the biggest difference, but the car definitely feels a lot more nimble now.

I used the Ichiba V2 spacers, they are spacers that bolt up to your hub and then you bolt up your wheel to that. Like Jeff said, they are supposed to be better, we will see.

Need to schedule an alignment with level one auto and then possibly get new tires or maybe make these last a season and get the tires next year.

#8598641 - 03/23/16 04:56 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Risky Business]
SiZ Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Longdon, Ontario
The spacers that I ran were also of that type, if its any consolation. (I doubt you care, thuglife)

Edited by SiZ (03/23/16 04:56 PM)

#8598718 - 03/23/16 06:05 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: SiZ]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

i ran 25mm spacers like that on my RSX with the DC5R wheels because they were something stupid like a +20 offset. didn't have any problems.

#8598806 - 03/23/16 07:42 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
I fucking love that gen. TL!!!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8598897 - 03/23/16 09:13 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Hatorade]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

If Acura could slide my TLX's 3.5 and SH-AWD into a car that looked like Riskys, they'd have a winner.
#8598899 - 03/23/16 09:15 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: The Postman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

anddddd it's snowing.

#8598957 - 03/23/16 10:14 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: titty sprinkles]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
That TL was the best of them all.

Drove my coworkers 2013 IS-F. I want that!!

#8598997 - 03/23/16 10:37 PM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Denis Si]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
Risky, what % is your tints? I like them

#8599195 - 03/24/16 07:02 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: Denis Si]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Denis Si
That TL was the best of them all.

Drove my coworkers 2013 IS-F. I want that!!

Go drive an M3 and tell us how you feel then.

#8599215 - 03/24/16 07:29 AM Re: Too early for summer tires? [Re: iamfob]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: iamfob
Risky, what % is your tints? I like them

IIRC 20% all around.

In the pic they look like 5%, but they are lighter than that.

Page 3 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads