Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#8529819 - 01/25/16 12:51 PM Told you he would walk....
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
That is all.
Lulz at you guys having faith in the legal system

#8529826 - 01/25/16 12:56 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
assuming you're talking about the Yatim trial.

I know very little about it, so what do we expect a police officer to do when someone is waving a knife around on a somewhat crowded street car?

#8529831 - 01/25/16 12:58 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
http://www.citynews.ca/2016/01/25/breaki...-degree-murder/

min. 4 yr sentence (is that right?) - hopefully he gets longer.

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8529833 - 01/25/16 12:58 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

The street car was empty and surrounded by cops who did not shoot. Only till the hot headed cop got there did he murder Yatim
#8529855 - 01/25/16 01:14 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
the way it was explained to me, it made sense. First few shots were classified as "self defense", so that's how they got to the attempted murder charge for the rest. Figure that in the moment, he didn't know if the guy was dead or not, then the intent behind the extra shots was to attempt murder.

Until we are faced with a situation where you feel your life is in danger, we will never know what goes through one's mind.

#8529907 - 01/25/16 01:54 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: phoenixrage]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

except cops are trained for, and paid to handle these situations, and of the multiple cops on the scene, only one acted that way, so it definitely can't be the standard way of handling these situations.
#8529968 - 01/25/16 02:11 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: phoenixrage]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto
 Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
the way it was explained to me, it made sense. First few shots were classified as "self defense", so that's how they got to the attempted murder charge for the rest. Figure that in the moment, he didn't know if the guy was dead or not, then the intent behind the extra shots was to attempt murder.

Until we are faced with a situation where you feel your life is in danger, we will never know what goes through one's mind.

but he died, should it not be murder? Usually an attempted murder charge becomes murder when the person dies

Edited by zc911 (01/25/16 02:11 PM)

#8529998 - 01/25/16 02:26 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: zc911]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

well, i guess the dying part already happened and covered in the first 3 shots that are classified as "self defense" and "reasonable force".

#8530000 - 01/25/16 02:26 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: zc911]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
attempted murder?

#8530001 - 01/25/16 02:26 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
except cops are trained for, and paid to handle these situations, and of the multiple cops on the scene, only one acted that way, so it definitely can't be the standard way of handling these situations.

how can one truly train with their life actually on the line? no matter what you mentally prepare for by books or "mock" situations, its never the same as it actually happening. Don't kid yourself.

#8530420 - 01/25/16 07:14 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: phoenixrage]
f22b-dohc Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: canadia
Ecstasy makes you violent?

No plur?

This shit is disgusting...

#8530474 - 01/25/16 07:49 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: f22b-dohc]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
He got 4 years in jail, that's not really walking.
It's not like he got of the bed and went outside to kill someone.

His mother says..
 Quote:
“Sami was a young man who had his whole future ahead of him. Because of what the police did, we lost him forever. ”

No, because Sami decided to do what he did, he's dead, and the officer will be in jail for 4 years because of her son. If her son stayed home and watched TV instead, he would still be by her side.

Yes, the cop was excessive and shouldn't have shot him to kill.
I am not saying he is innocent. He gets 4 years and not only he won't be getting his job back for what he did, his face is all over the media.
Life is pretty much ruined for him too.

#8530480 - 01/25/16 07:59 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: porschetr]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

sorry i don't feel sorry for him that he lost his job. he fucked up. he fucked up large and like anybody working any job if you screw up large enough you're bound to get fired. no reason he can't go become a plumber or construction worker, work security or some shit.

#8530497 - 01/25/16 08:11 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: porschetr]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: porschetr

Life is pretty much ruined for him too.

Deservedly so. I'm guessing if Toronto police had their AR15s that day, they would have used them.

#8530541 - 01/25/16 09:01 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

well, they would've done it at long range and there wouldn't be excessive force involved and this case wouldn't have happened and this post would never be created.

#8530651 - 01/25/16 10:12 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
They probably won't use the C8 unless they are in a situation that requires them to take cover behind the cruiser.

#8530674 - 01/25/16 10:36 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: porschetr]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

8 million civil suit

#8530711 - 01/25/16 11:15 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: titty sprinkles]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
he hasnt lost his job yet. just suspended with full pay

#8531935 - 01/26/16 06:44 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck

Deservedly so. I'm guessing if Toronto police had their AR15s that day, they would have used them.

depends on what you mean by 'use'. Would they carry them? yes. would they fire? only one guy proved to be capable of doing that. let's not lump them all together.

from what I've heard, Forcillo had a history of drawing his firearm. supposedly, TPS is supposed to have internal reviews with the member if they exceed a certain number of draws over a specified time period. So at the very least, it sounds like this guy loved to pull his gun and as per TPS policy, he should have been watched very carefully.

As for the conviction, I've heard the same as Ed. He was fatally wounded after the first 3 shots (as per the coroner), and they were able to "justify" the first 3 (although I think most people would agree that it was excessive). So the conviction was on the following shots where the Yatim was already dead (or close to). I guess you can't technically kill a dead person so you can't charge murder on the following shots.

#8531960 - 01/26/16 07:08 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: 4Three]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Yup the coroner said his heart was damaged beyond repair. It was an interesting case and fuck that cop.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8531964 - 01/26/16 07:13 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: 4Three]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

My old man did 25 years as a cop here in Hamilton, walking the beat back in the 70's downtown with no radio lol. He never used is gun and he said he only drew it a handful of times in his entire career. But, that was also back in the day when the hired the biggest toughest guys and if you encountered some goon on the street, the fight was on. I remember him coming home all beat up some days, but that's how it went down back then. Today it seems like their handgun is their first and only option, not their last. A Blackjack was his weapon of choice.
#8531969 - 01/26/16 07:17 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: The Postman]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Today is also not the same as the past. Every night there is a shooting. T.O is fucked and isn't getting any better.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8531975 - 01/26/16 07:24 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: The Postman]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Dumbass
My old man did 25 years as a cop here in Hamilton, walking the beat back in the 70's downtown with no radio lol. He never used is gun and he said he only drew it a handful of times in his entire career. But, that was also back in the day when the hired the biggest toughest guys and if you encountered some goon on the street, the fight was on. I remember him coming home all beat up some days, but that's how it went down back then. Today it seems like their handgun is their first and only option, not their last. A Blackjack was his weapon of choice.

Mad props to your old man

#8531980 - 01/26/16 07:32 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

Def a different time back in those days. Not everyone was wannbe gangbanger thug. He drove the Paddy Wagon his last few years and I still remembering him showing up at the bars I was at for the fights and the drunks. Good times lol.
#8531985 - 01/26/16 07:40 PM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: The Postman]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

lol I'm sure your old man has tons of stories. No doubt being a cop isn't easy, it's just too bad the hot headed ones make a bad name for everyone.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

#8532300 - 01/27/16 05:19 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Hatorade]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
do all cops carry extendable batons? I know they don't carry billy clubs anymore but wouldn't he reach of the baton be enough to wack the knife out of his hand or bop him on the side of the arm to make him drop the knife?

#8532326 - 01/27/16 07:00 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: zaius]
4Three Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, ON, Canada
those Asps are usually ~20-24" in reach. I don't think it would've been smart to reach in there with it and potentially get sucked into a confined space. The fact is, Yatim was inside the streetcar and unless he exited, there should not have been a real concern for escalation. I don't think it's wrong to draw your firearm against a person wielding a knife, but there really wasn't a threat substantial enough to warrant discharging the firearm.

#8532425 - 01/27/16 08:49 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Hatorade]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Today is also not the same as the past. Every night there is a shooting. T.O is fucked and isn't getting any better.

+100

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8532441 - 01/27/16 09:07 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

nuke and start over.. fallout style....

#8532513 - 01/27/16 10:07 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: phoenixrage]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
I always wonder if the cops would shoot the hands/arms/legs instead of the heart/head to stop Yatim. I mean the goal is to stop him from weaving the knife at the cops but he was inside an empty street car. If Yatim was charging to the officer with a knife, I guess that's another story.

#8532514 - 01/27/16 10:08 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: The Postman]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
Def a different time back in those days. Not everyone was wannbe gangbanger thug. He drove the Paddy Wagon his last few years and I still remembering him showing up at the bars I was at for the fights and the drunks. Good times lol.

question is, were you invited to the paddy wagon for a ride? LOL

#8532531 - 01/27/16 10:17 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: iamfob]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: iamfob
I always wonder if the cops would shoot the hands/arms/legs instead of the heart/head to stop Yatim. I mean the goal is to stop him from weaving the knife at the cops but he was inside an empty street car. If Yatim was charging to the officer with a knife, I guess that's another story.

I think the common misconception here is that every cop is a sharpshooter with their handguns...

#8532588 - 01/27/16 10:52 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: phoenixrage]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
 Originally Posted By: iamfob

I think the common misconception here is that every cop is a sharpshooter with their handguns...

They're much better trained than the average gun owner though. Except perhaps the military, they fire their guns at the range much more than anyone else.

You'd figure firing hundreds of rounds every week would make you a lot better at it.

#8532657 - 01/27/16 11:16 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: The Postman]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

and crime rates were through the roof back then (by comparison). Thats a real cop!

#8532660 - 01/27/16 11:17 AM Re: Told you he would walk.... [Re: Hatorade]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
ya its easier today... its not like these shootings are directed at police.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads