Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8407381 - 10/19/15 05:11 PM anyone doing a turkey trot this year?
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
thinking about doing one for the first time ever in my life [on actual turkey day]

http://svturkeytrot.com/

supposedly 20k people show up to this, starts hella early like 6:30a heh

This is one of 2 "major" races that I just walk to I guess [course loops around my place]

Might try to 10K-PR wooo

#8407395 - 10/19/15 05:21 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: stickaz_old]
Ampsman in Extremis Offline
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Jose, Ca, USA
I hope they run it better than in the past. The year I did it I had the kids in joggers and shit so I wasnt going after any PR's but the finish line was backed up about 50 yards, so you stopped there and waited about 5 minutes before you could finally get thru the finish.

Paki: 3:36

#8407407 - 10/19/15 05:37 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: Ampsman in Extremis]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

ugg, I read that on yelp too. Sheiit

*also since it's strava just run back the wrong way the 50-100y hehe and then stop your watch

#8407410 - 10/19/15 05:47 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: stickaz_old]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

LOL, PR on a family friendly holiday event, lol, noob

you'll be lucky to crack an hour, unless you go hella alpha on everyone in your way.

#8407412 - 10/19/15 05:50 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

no way they have a 5,6,7 minute etc corral per the website.

strollers go in the back. I swear

eg miguel vasquez, last years age group winner 32:24 /5:13 pace, the 5k age group winner went 16:10

per yelp I'd better start at the back of corral 1 [6:00 -- 7:xx 10k pace] even if that is a little bit of a reach and would require a PR from me to maintain. Else the price to pay is strollers and walkers for 2 miles

#8407422 - 10/19/15 06:05 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: stickaz_old]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

lol, I'm sure you're the ONLY one that will think to move a corral up(or have no clue what they're capable of)...

One person, who's actually fast, setting a good time, is quite different than you.

Big events are good for drinking/being a goof. Not going fast. The best fast races are teh smallest ones.

#8407425 - 10/19/15 06:08 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

damnit. I just want a 10k split that starts with a 4x:xx

#8407472 - 10/19/15 07:17 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: stickaz_old]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Big races are totally fine for "racing"...you just gotta start at the front and not get all pissed when a 10 year old is trying to block you...right Donnie? \:D

It's been several years since I've done our local turkey trot. Combination of either training or recovering from other races and not wanting to spend $30 on a shitty t-shirt and no official timing. /snob

#8407482 - 10/19/15 07:27 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Design Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: The OC
I bring the family out for the original (and still the best lol).
http://www.Turkeytrot.com

Going to meet up with a few coworkers and do the 5K/10K combo. Then run with the kids. 11.3 miles down before Thanksgiving dinner. Woot!

Oh, and Chris they actually time the event in Dana Point. You should come on out! \:D
89 Camaro - Sold
CSI. What's your diversion?

#8407540 - 10/19/15 08:42 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

800% bigger or?

#8407813 - 10/20/15 02:12 AM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I'm not aware of a practical limit anywhere for image size. Try me?

#8408332 - 10/20/15 12:17 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

what's the max resolution? I can double whatever that is.

also: I'm calling a PR in my 10k, will line up in the 1st corral \:D

*hoping every mile split starts with a 7 \:D

#8408462 - 10/20/15 01:23 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

That's where the people go that don't have a boat and 2-3 houses I bet

#8416390 - 10/26/15 04:09 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: stickaz_old]
fuzzyduck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Yep! Signed up for the Fort Worth turkey trot today! 5k at 8:30 am on thanksgiving morning hopefully followed by the Cowboys game that afternoon.

#8416398 - 10/26/15 04:12 PM Re: anyone doing a turkey trot this year? [Re: fuzzyduck]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Wewt good luck. I kinda can't wait tbh. A solid (for me) 10k is the last item on my list this year I haven't checked off

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads