Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#8388707 - 10/04/15 07:58 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

For me, I got 2% off the rate, only $500 off the RDX, but they gave me way more for my trade in then they should have.
#8388819 - 10/04/15 09:28 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
Good call. But yes his analysis result is what a lot of ppl eventually come to :P

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8389058 - 10/05/15 07:54 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

OP did you look at the Santa Fe Sport before deciding?
#8389116 - 10/05/15 08:34 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: spd-dmn]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: spd-dmn

Yup. And now that I think about it, my mistake was to start with Hyundai. I thought the Santa Fe was a bit too big compared to the Tucson. But that's because they were both side by side in the showroom. I think the Santa Fe and RDX are just about the same size, the 2.0T is about the same power and once equipped with the Limited trim, probably have close to the same equipment. At this level, the Santa Fe is just slightly below a RDX tech in terms of pricing.

#8389122 - 10/05/15 08:37 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: spd-dmn]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Just curious, what kind of discounting has Acura been willing to do for you so far?

Lease? Cash? Finance? Which one do you want to know?

I got $52K (out the door) cash price. I'll be working on dropping it below the $50K mark.

#8389193 - 10/05/15 09:18 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Raptors Land
What was your trade and what you get for it?
#8389199 - 10/05/15 09:21 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Hatorade]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
 Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
Engine and trans is smooth on the RDX, it's good on gas if you don't have a lead foot. powerful v6, very quiet inside. there's a reason acura is killing the SUV sales right now.

Killing SUV sales? Is this fanboi talk or real talk?

Actually yes, but thanks for coming out. \:\)

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20...06#.VhKG5flVhBc

September 2015 Highlights:

Canadian-built Honda CR-V rolled on to its fourth straight monthly record and the fifth in six months, posting a 27% gain on sales of 3,746 units.

Honda Pilot sales rose 97% in September with 951 units sold, breaking a monthly sales record for the sixth consecutive month.

Acura sales growth was led by the success of TLX at 647 units sold, a year-over-year increase of 70%

Acura RDX continued its gains, jumping 31% on 637 units sold, setting a fifth consecutive monthly record

and apparently there's already a shitload of 2016 Civic sedan pre-orders ready to go. the TLX number is a bit skewed though since "70%" rise...really they didn't sell a lot at the start and the car wasn't around before lol.

that lexus NX i know sold lots as well (new model/redesign so that's a given) and it looks great. they could tone down the GIANT lexus shark mouth a bit though lol. though we must remember zeeGerman SUV/CUV's are i think considered more a luxo brand so of course you won't see the volumes vs. the japcrap and us makes/models (Canada wide I'm talking). we're just so used to seeing them here because GTA money.

ford escape still sells a boatload every month in Canada it's nuts (i think almost 1000 units above the crv on avg and the rav??). but, don't forget the vehicles bought by gov and business' for usage as those make up a nice chunk of sales too (not just your avg. joe customer buying). hyundai is making a dent but honestly they're not "there" yet...

also when new models launch companies usually give big incentives (public and to employees of the company) to either buy the outgoing model on a crazy discount or give something towards trading into the newer model to boost sales. the factories care more about wholesaled units vs. retailed units really.

oh...new Ridgeline coming soon too (finally!), it looks pretty badass. long overdue. not sure if it'll be unibody or not. hrv's seem to be selling out quick too.

all in all (for honda and many other corp's) we're just one big reselling company in Canada lol. the USA is 10x the sales on every model, we're just a flea re. sales figures vs. them.

Edited by Screamin DC2R (10/05/15 09:58 AM)

#8389236 - 10/05/15 09:41 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
^^^ still impressive considering our pop is < state of cali

#8389389 - 10/05/15 10:46 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Just A Troll

Yup. And now that I think about it, my mistake was to start with Hyundai. I thought the Santa Fe was a bit too big compared to the Tucson. But that's because they were both side by side in the showroom. I think the Santa Fe and RDX are just about the same size, the 2.0T is about the same power and once equipped with the Limited trim, probably have close to the same equipment. At this level, the Santa Fe is just slightly below a RDX tech in terms of pricing.

Agree with you on everything except price. I think the Santa Fe is still like 7k less.

Screamin is right tho, ever since the V6 and the facelift, the RDX has been super hot in the market.

#8389436 - 10/05/15 11:08 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: spd-dmn]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Agree with you on everything except price. I think the Santa Fe is still like 7k less.

Screamin is right tho, ever since the V6 and the facelift, the RDX has been super hot in the market.

"just below" is a relative term. From the MSRP it's $40,549 for 2016 Santa Fe 2.0T limited and $44,990 for 2016 RDX Tech. $4k is quite a bit of money, but to me the RDX is indeed worth it.

#8389519 - 10/05/15 11:39 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

The RDX does also come with a few things the Santa Fe doesnt too. Plus IMO it just drives nicer. The Santa Fe drives like an SUV, the RDX drives and feels like a tall car.
#8389926 - 10/05/15 03:00 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
AND THE WINNER IS...

2016 Acura RDX Tech

Thank you Dumbass, Screamin and Titty spinkles for all your advice.

It came down to the RDX and the CRV. But coming from a civic Si, the CRV was just too slow. Don't get me wrong, I really liked a lot of things about it. It's just my driving style is a bit more about passing power, quickly merging into traffic and so on. I guess if I didn't try the 2.0T offerings, or the RDX, I probably would've picked the CRV.

The Tucson 1.6T was quickly dismissed. It has lots of cargo room but it's really weak. That 1.6 engine has got no guts so I don't really trust this thing to climb ski hills and such. The materials felt really cheap compared to the CRV.

The Ford Escape was a no from the start because it's really too small. The Edge, really too big!

The Toyota RAV4 just feels old. It's just recently redisgned and it's just too bland. Personal feeling I guess.

When I looked at the luxury brands, I dismissed the GLK because of the rear room (passenger space and trunk). The Audi was a pretty good pick, I liked that one too. The X3 was pretty nice as well, until I read reviews with people complaining about all sorts of quality issues. Especially that turboed engine. The Lexus NX is pretty, good size except for the trunk which probably won't accomodate 2 MTBs with 29" wheels.

The RDX was the winner based on my needs, my driving style and value. For the dollar, very few other CUVs came close. The Q5 and X3 are still ridiculousy over-priced.

I got a good offer for a 2016 RDX tech in silver with black leather. Now that I've decided, I'll have to sit down with the dealer and try to negotiate just a bit more and see if we can agree on pricing and perhaps a few accessories thrown in.

Anyway guys, thanks for your oppinions and comments, they really were helpful.

hey hatorade

#8390094 - 10/05/15 04:14 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Chocolate Canuck
Why no SQ5, I'm sure Audi is willing to Deal at this point

Nope. They weren't really wiling to deal. Sure some discounts, not even worth it. And I'm not too sure of the ergonomics. That navi is a bit confusing to use. The rear room is decent, better than the NX but not quite RDX. The Q5's trunk is too narrow. I'm sure my 29er MTB will have a hard time fitting in there. It's also lacking some features the RDX has, like lane keep assist. By the time you equipe it closely to the RDX, it's basically $10K more... at least!

So as far as value goes, you get more with the RDX.

#8390325 - 10/05/15 06:27 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: A2B-Lexus
What was your trade and what you get for it?

I negotiate the price of the RDX separately than the trade in. I don't want the guy playing the numbers on me. Basically, i'm in control of the negotiation.

Guy called me, told me to come in so we can work something out with the manager. I'll pop buy tomorrow. I may be driving this thing by the end of the week.

#8397114 - 10/10/15 06:56 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

BOUGHT IT!

Signed for a 2016 RDX tech in silver. Had the dealer throw in the cargo cover, cargo tray and all weather mats. Out the door (taxes, freight, a/c, environ etc.) cash price: $48.5K.

I'll be getting it sometime next week. The silver one on the lot was sold this morning just a few hours before I went. So they have to go to their depot lot to fetch mine and prep it up.

It seems the RDX is indeed a hot seller. Just as I was working out the details with the business manager, my sales rep sold a white one to a couple with one child. All the ones on the lot were already sold, except for the 3 demos that were very busy today.

#8397133 - 10/10/15 07:26 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

nice congrats. yeah they sell plenty here (though not sure how lean they run in terms of in stock units), it`ll retain its value very well too.

wait until you get to try out the sh-awd in the snow (esp if you get snows on it), just unstoppable.

Edited by Screamin DC2R (10/10/15 07:27 PM)

#8397189 - 10/10/15 09:00 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

wait until you get to try out the sh-awd in the snow (esp if you get snows on it), just unstoppable.

??? We don't get the sh-awd on the 2016 RDX, just an "intelligent" AWD system.

#8397203 - 10/10/15 09:19 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Yeah, no SH-AWD. Ive already ordered my winters from SimplyTire and Tires23 has good pricing on WeatherTech mats too.
#8397328 - 10/11/15 06:48 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: The Postman]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Sorry was thinking mdx

#8433752 - 11/08/15 07:57 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Finally arrived.

Still playing around with all the computer settings and such.

#8433773 - 11/08/15 08:13 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Wow those wheels are GROSS.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8433816 - 11/08/15 09:05 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Hatorade]
The Postman Offline
Post Master Sr

Looks good in the silver. The screens take some time getting used to, but I found the RDX pretty simple compared to my TLX. Only real frustrating part is that lots of the NAVI functions dont work when the car is in motion.
#8433915 - 11/08/15 11:12 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: The Postman]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

The Audio UI seems to have been written by a whole different team that the Navi, Phone and Info modules.

There's a few things that I would've done differently but nothing that's a deal breaker. Most of it is just going to be about getting used to it.

For my needs the tech RDX is pretty damn close.

#8433998 - 11/09/15 08:08 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
Big Tasty Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto
Looks good, did you get some winter tires with the deal or going with the all seasons for this round?

Let's see some interior shots.

#8434018 - 11/09/15 08:37 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Big Tasty]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
Ewww, what with all the LEDs. Couldn't they just use two like BMW/Mercedes?
#8434042 - 11/09/15 08:57 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Its a middle class thing.

#8434061 - 11/09/15 09:17 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: A2B-Lexus]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
It looks better than before, but the beak is still ugly.

#8434065 - 11/09/15 09:20 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: SW20_MR2]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Acura just get cant get the fugly out. Always said those stupid jewel headlights are fucking gross. Goes with the beak I suppose.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8434076 - 11/09/15 09:31 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Hatorade]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

The ILX with the new LED lights look kinda nice. That would have been the cheaper choice if I didn't get the Toyota.
#8434137 - 11/09/15 10:17 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: A2B-Lexus]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

A matter of opinion I guess but I love the looks of the jewel eyes. At least there's change.

BMW is still stuck with the 4 round headlight looks just like in the '80s. And that twin kidney grill... it just keeps getting fatter and fatter.

The "beak" though? Yeah, it could use some work. But compared to the previous generation, this one looks much better.

Overall, I really like the front end on this thing. It's more TLX than MDX... ie. more aggressive.

#8434146 - 11/09/15 10:22 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

You mean the 4 round light with angel eyes that look barely evolved from the early 2000's?

One reason I got the 2016 was for those LED headlights. It's thoroughly modern and they really do work. Compared to my Si, these LEDs light up everything very clearly, very far away.

It was funny seeing my turn signals lighting up the rim around stop lights, road signs etc. from so far away. The guy in front me had his turn signals on too and mine just overpowered his. NICE!

#8434159 - 11/09/15 10:25 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Hatorade]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Factory wheels are never the prettiest. Even the X3's are kinda bland.

#8434254 - 11/09/15 11:19 AM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
A2B-Lexus Offline
Post Master Supreme

Nothing like the old GSR / SiR wheels. The good old days!
#8434551 - 11/09/15 02:33 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Hatorade]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario

#8434613 - 11/09/15 03:08 PM Re: WWCSI do - CUV [Re: Just A Troll]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Factory wheels are never the prettiest. Even the X3's are kinda bland.

Not sure why the X3 is even brought up when I specifically said the wheels are gross on the RDX. Or is that just a fail troll attempt?

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads