Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#8353468 - 09/03/15 09:46 PM Re: I can't stand selling a car on [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
^^ hahah

Also on the website it says i need to do a safety certification ?? but not word on emissions test?

IF i were to sell the car as is, and they bring it to MTO, and MTO tells them that they need a Safety and Emissions, but they can't drive the car to get it done since it wouldnt have plates...are the SOL?

#8353469 - 09/03/15 09:48 PM Re: I can't stand selling a car on [Re: OracerO]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Selling as is = safety and e test are the buyers responsibility

#8353491 - 09/03/15 10:21 PM Re: I can't stand selling a car on [Re: OracerO]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: OracerO
^^ hahah

Also on the website it says i need to do a safety certification ?? but not word on emissions test?

IF i were to sell the car as is, and they bring it to MTO, and MTO tells them that they need a Safety and Emissions, but they can't drive the car to get it done since it wouldnt have plates...are the SOL?

^ what he said above.

and re. selling a car...a car purchased (i think) now always needs a cert+emissions done, regardless if "it's the year for that model" to do it or not.

as long as the buyer puts the VIN under their insurance company and states they're going to drive it, insurance will give them 5-10 days or so of coverage to get that shit done. the buyer has to have the letter from the ins company with them in the car, along with the plate portion of whatever plate they slap on it...and they're cov'd for that time. i've done it a few times, even having drove my s2k back from ottawa no issues. had my civic plates on it along with my ins. co. fax in the car and the civic plate portion with me. got home, parked it, went to MTO next morning to get everything done.

Edited by Screamin DC2R (09/03/15 10:22 PM)

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8353705 - 09/04/15 08:14 AM Re: I can't stand selling a car on [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
zc911 Offline
Ferrari4Sale 😎
Post Master Supreme

Loc: toronto

If you have plates you have, hmm shit 8 days I think it was, to transfer the plates to the new car. So get a cert and etest done in 8 days.
If you don't have plates, you go get a new set from MTO and a temp sticker, which gives you 15 days

#8353728 - 09/04/15 08:39 AM Re: I can't stand selling a car on [Re: zc911]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
thanks for the advice everyone.

i sold the car to a co-worker at a reduced price, considering he has a new born and etc...
If it was some kijiji dude i would have "As is" long time ago.

I think i'll do the Etest for them as a sign of goodwill. But safety, they on their own, i aint got time for this anymore hahah ...

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads