Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8338154 - 08/24/15 07:36 AM So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada...alary-increases
#8338702 - 08/24/15 01:42 PM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
isnt risky's wife a high school teacher?

#8342907 - 08/27/15 06:53 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: c2k]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/allan-richarz-ontarios-teachers-are-overpaid

Quote:
Simply put, teachers in the province are overpaid; the work is not that onerous nor specialized and the hours not too taxing.

Been saying it all along

#8342964 - 08/27/15 07:53 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
I don't know about that.

I wouldn't be able to do what my wife does. Not even for that money

#8342999 - 08/27/15 08:20 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Denis Si]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

About the "author" of that article:

Quote:
Allan Richarz is a fourth year student at McMaster University, pursuing an Honours Bachelor of Arts with a Double Major in History and Political Science.

It's like Euphoric, except this guy gets his sh!t published lelz

#8343007 - 08/27/15 08:26 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Risky Business]
LNXGUY Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Barrie, Ont,

#8343038 - 08/27/15 08:43 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: LNXGUY]
Denis Si Offline
Post Master

Loc: T.O.
Let's see who is overpaid in ontario:

Teachers
Cops
Firefighters
EMS
Nurses
Doctors
TORONTO community housing workers
OPG employee
City workers
Pretty much any government employee

#8343043 - 08/27/15 08:45 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Risky Business]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Quote:
Allan Richarz is a fourth year student at McMaster University, pursuing an Honours Bachelor of Arts with a Double Major in History and Political Science.

it sure is easy to criticize an entire profession when you're pursuing an education that'll barely qualify for said profession.

#8343108 - 08/27/15 09:13 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Risky Business]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Quote:

Textbook strawman argument !!!

lame!

#8343158 - 08/27/15 09:44 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Denis Si]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
 Originally Posted By: Denis Si
Let's see who is overpaid in ontario:

Teachers
Cops
Firefighters
EMS
Nurses
Doctors
TORONTO community housing workers
OPG employee
City workers
Pretty much any government employee

This is accurate. Teaching isn't overly difficult at all. And they get 2 months off a yr (and 2 weeks xmas)while still making more than most graduates face these days. Any monkey can do it. That's why it's overloaded with students trying to get that job.

Whether the job appeals to your interest or not has no bearing on any of this.

That said at least some scum can still make money in this country. And I'm not sure we should be so quick to take it from the vast majority of that list. It would take some careful consideration imo. Example : police salaries/budget ARE crippling cities and regions across the province. That needs to be revamped. The fact some dolt in maynooth has to be paid the same as someone working in toronto is rediculous.
Teachers ? I'm not so sure. They don't get to bank OT like the other services do. Nor are they the worst "offenders" on that list.

Tired of everyone trying to bring others down. Race to the bottom.
Careful planning needs to be taken rather than robbing Peter to pay paul.

#8343189 - 08/27/15 10:07 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Euphoricuck]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

So who in your esteemed opinion are the worst offenders on the list. We all know about the cops / OPG being overpaid. I don't personally think doctors or nurses are overpaid, nor do I think city workers or general gov't employees are
#8343201 - 08/27/15 10:19 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Online   bluecheckmark
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8343203 - 08/27/15 10:21 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
I'm going to guess there's way too much middle management and overlap which is causing the excess.

#8343411 - 08/27/15 11:47 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: phoenixrage]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

Part of the problem is that for a long time public sector workers were underpaid compare to private sector folks. So they started forming unions and did strikes, negotiated with politicians and so on.

Eventually they figured out a formula that works and they could get a bit more every time. Politicians cave in because public sector strikes look bad on them.

But then the benefits and salary raises in the private sector came to a halt. If you count inflation, the average private sector worker is worse off today than 15 years ago. Don't forget, you have to consider cost of living increases, benefits and so on.

In the meantime the public sector kept gaining and at some point surpassed the private sector. Again, consider the benefits etc. not just the salaries!

So now we're stuck in a situation where the public sector worker is in a much better position than the private sector worker. FAR BETTER! Trouble is, public sector folks are paid by private sector folks who can no longer afford the raises and "golden parachutes" etc.

In Ontario, i put the blame on the Liberals! They just seem to think money will come in for ever at an increasing rate! It doesn't work that way anymore. The Liberals are so far out of touch with reality and now it's coming to bite them in the ass.

So, are the teachers overpaid? FUCK YEAH! Even their salaries eclipse similarly skilled workers in the private sector. For example: trainers; like the ones at my company. They barely make half of what the top teachers make, work much longer hours, have incredibly difficult clients (who threaten to dump us all the time), the benefits aren't that great and they don't get 2 months off in the summer.

Some people will argue that they don't have 20 screaming kids all day long. True but those screaming kids aren't going to sue you, dump you as a client and cost you your job. Teachers rarely get fired and it's usually when they really fuck up... like being abusive towards children. Our trainers take a shit ton of abuse from our clients all the time.

And phoenixrage, don't get me started on the public sector mismanagement crap! if our company was managed like that, we would've been bankrupt within the first year.

#8343557 - 08/27/15 12:54 PM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Just A Troll]
SW20_MR2 Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Markham, Ontario, Canada
I agree with the troll except that I blame unions for the problem. The whole notion of holding someone hostage by shutting down their business through striking should be outlawed. There are so many damned laws nowadays that protect people.

#8343685 - 08/27/15 02:09 PM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: SW20_MR2]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
without some of those unions half the working populace would be making min wage .

#8343742 - 08/27/15 02:27 PM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: Euphoricuck]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

And how much should a teacher be making then ?

#8343949 - 08/27/15 04:17 PM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: c2k]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Bunch of fucking Daisy's in here. Can't beat them join them!!!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8344799 - 08/28/15 09:15 AM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: c2k]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
 Originally Posted By: c2k

honestly, teachers aren't the problem. Its the money sink that is the school boards and the inefficiencies at that level that's probably causing most of the issues.

#8345360 - 08/28/15 01:08 PM Re: So much for austerity and the Ontario deficit [Re: phoenixrage]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage
 Originally Posted By: c2k

honestly, teachers aren't the problem. Its the money sink that is the school boards and the inefficiencies at that level that's probably causing most of the issues.

so the people should be attacking the school boards, not the teachers.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads