Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#8278963 - 07/06/15 08:11 PM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
In addition if this is such a prevalent issue why not check for any cracks before removing it and inform your customer? Why not examine it before re-installing it? Furthermore, why not inform inform the customer of the issue when it is discovered?

My opinion is while this might be a known issue, the valve cover isn't that fragile. Otherwise he should have taken the appropriate measures.

#8278966 - 07/06/15 08:15 PM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
I agree. That's why he should have put out a disclaimer.

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8279051 - 07/06/15 09:14 PM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: Hatorade]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Again I'm not out to scam anyone, karma comes around, but would I be a total dick if I waited for him to contact me? Maybe he is willing to take the loss. Having said that if I don't contact him and he reaches out to me I can't very well ask him to split the difference at that point. Who am I kidding? There's no way he'll split the difference now. I paid him for his services. I owe him a valve cover. He would have to give me the difference upon delivery of the new valve cover.
#8279340 - 07/07/15 07:26 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
furball Offline
Post Master Sr

Depends on how the work was specified, etc, but having a VC *potentially* crack might not exactly be the first thing that comes to his mind... For fucks sake, he has other things to worry about besides just your VC, just your vehicle.

Sure, it's his business, he does it for a living, he's accepting your money for services rendered, etc... But ... Shit happens, and in this case, for some messed up reason he decided to proceed without your authorization. Perhaps he read you as a wallet mechanic, and that you wouldn't cheap out, and he just wanted to get your service done so a) it's not taking up a bay and b) you're on your merry way ASAP, albeit upset you have to pay for a (new) VC?

Like the consensus is.... No one won in this scenario \:\|

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
 Originally Posted By: Hatorade
 Originally Posted By: Euphoric
Sounds like some mickey mouse shit.

See if he will split the valve cover cost with you. ? In a perfect world he will eat the vc cost.

Why should Leslie eat the cost of the VC? This is a known issue with these cars. I suppose Leslie should have informed the OP first that VCS are known to crack on these cars and by removing it, it might crack.

As odd as that might sound yes, he should have. If he specializes with these cars and is aware of the issue, he should have said "oh by the way, these things are very finicky and there is a chance that i might break your valve cover resulting in an additional $600". At that point I would have stood over his shoulder watching the removal and installation.

#8279485 - 07/07/15 09:36 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
 Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
In addition if this is such a prevalent issue why not check for any cracks before removing it and inform your customer? Why not examine it before re-installing it? Furthermore, why not inform inform the customer of the issue when it is discovered?

My opinion is while this might be a known issue, the valve cover isn't that fragile. Otherwise he should have taken the appropriate measures.

you went to a small shop.. so no comment. Also, it cracks from the inside, so you can't tell till you take it apart. But yes... they SHOULD let you know whats going on even before trying to bandaid fix it.

#8281844 - 07/08/15 02:53 PM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: phoenixrage]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
It's a no win situation.

Just talk to the guy and work something out.

Why not pick up a used valve cover and give that to the shop?

#8281924 - 07/08/15 04:01 PM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: OracerO]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
Jeebus $600 for a valve cover huh.

it sucks, but i say give him back his valve cover and never go to that guy again.

#8412139 - 10/23/15 08:28 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: titty sprinkles]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

So what was the outcome on this?

I am looking for a local Markham BMW shop to run the "bmw tool" and tell me wtf is wrong with my abs (my rears keep locking up, not sure if it's a sensor or module). Also need to have my airbag light "erased" the dashboard is like a Christmas tree right now. Should I bother with this BMW True North if he is local? I figure I don't really need work done, just basic scans.

Open to other recommendations, don't think I can DIY the above. Don't recommend Bimmex, won't go there.

#8412144 - 10/23/15 08:31 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: Risky Business]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
the tool is between the steering wheel and the drivers seat....

#8412153 - 10/23/15 08:45 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: Risky Business]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

I am looking for a local Markham BMW shop to run the "bmw tool" and tell me which me wtf is wrong with my abs (my rears keep locking up, not sure if it's a sensor or module). Also need to have my airbag light "erased" the dashboard is like a Christmas tree right now. Should I bother with this BMW True North if he is local? I figure I don't really need work done, just basic scans.

Open to other recommendations, don't think I can DIY the above. Don't recommend Bimmex, won't go there.

Europa still around?

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/europa-motors-auto-service-for-your-bimmer-markham

closeby too

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8412168 - 10/23/15 09:04 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Give Darren a call, he specializes in BMWs

http://www.alphawerxauto.ca/

#8412170 - 10/23/15 09:07 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: Risky Business]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

I am looking for a local Markham BMW shop to run the "bmw tool" and tell me wtf is wrong with my abs (my rears keep locking up, not sure if it's a sensor or module). Also need to have my airbag light "erased" the dashboard is like a Christmas tree right now. Should I bother with this BMW True North if he is local? I figure I don't really need work done, just basic scans.

have been having good luck with Bimmersport in Mississauga/Brampton (401 & Derry). i know it's not markham, but they've been good to me

#8412179 - 10/23/15 09:14 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
spd-dmn Offline
Post Master

Vas, I set up INPA/EDIABAS on my friend's laptop a few months ago. He sold his BMW since then but if he still has the tool I can ask to borrow it and we can try it. Just lemme know homie.
#8412185 - 10/23/15 09:17 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: Risky Business]
Senor Eduardo_82 Offline
miataist
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ca�ada
Eurocharged in North York should be able to take care of you.
#8412421 - 10/23/15 11:28 AM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: spd-dmn]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
 Originally Posted By: spd-dmn
Vas, I set up INPA/EDIABAS on my friend's laptop a few months ago. He sold his BMW since then but if he still has the tool I can ask to borrow it and we can try it. Just lemme know homie.

I have Rheingold running, but I don't have the daten files for E36.

#8413120 - 10/23/15 06:17 PM Re: Getting Hosed, Fack [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Daten files shouldn't be hard to find. I have a laptop setup to run inpa/edibias but I have no idea wtf I'm doing lmao. Just know how to code and program battery changes b

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads