Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#8269675 - 06/29/15 12:16 PM Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
From earlier this month. Fail on the part of the driver of the white Mitsubishi, granted I don't know the whole story.

http://www.narcity.com/toronto/toronto-mens-road-rage-brawl-caught-on-dash-cam

#8269739 - 06/29/15 12:37 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
I need to invest in a dash cam

#8269743 - 06/29/15 12:39 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: iamfob]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
lol yeah. saw this on reddit the other day.

i want to get a dash cam because of all the scam videos i've seen, tho i never see cool shit like this. EVER.

i love how Jason went through the passenger door to continue the fight.

but my fave was the guy honking at the very end once the cop finally arrived and the cop was like "WHAT THE FUCK"

#8269779 - 06/29/15 12:53 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
baldy in the leather jacket is the biggest pos of the whole thing

#8269784 - 06/29/15 12:56 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: Euphoricuck]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
superb

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8269789 - 06/29/15 12:59 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: iamfob]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
 Originally Posted By: iamfob
I need to invest in a dash cam

For real.

#8269790 - 06/29/15 01:00 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

On the radio last week they were discussing dashcams a guy called in to say the only reason he got a dashcam is because of what happened to his relative (brother, brother-in-law, something like that) who apparently had someone jump out in front of his car for an insurance scam. The caller said his brother is a lawyer with a high profile firm on Bay street and he was found guilty. The caller indicated that if his brother can be found guilty then for sure he wouldn't stand a chance if it were happen to him.

That got me thinking, maybe I should invest in one ...

#8269802 - 06/29/15 01:08 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: SuPeR-MaRiO
On the radio last week they were discussing dashcams a guy called in to say the only reason he got a dashcam is because of what happened to his relative (brother, brother-in-law, something like that) who apparently had someone jump out in front of his car for an insurance scam. The caller said his brother is a lawyer with a high profile firm on Bay street and he was found guilty. The caller indicated that if his brother can be found guilty then for sure he wouldn't stand a chance if it were happen to him.

That got me thinking, maybe I should invest in one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGLi7BA2Fp0

we're turning into russia/china by the day then lol.

#8269836 - 06/29/15 01:29 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Without a dashcam, how do you defend that shit?
#8269841 - 06/29/15 01:31 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Messed up...no idea, but I've also been wanting to get one for awhile.

#8269929 - 06/29/15 02:09 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
get one.

I bought it from gearbest w/ the hardwire kit + sd card for approx 80 bucks cdn

#8269955 - 06/29/15 02:22 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: c2k]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: People's Republic of Ontario
I got my dashcams from this place. good quality for small footprint.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-camera-camcorder-...gationFlag=true

#8269978 - 06/29/15 02:33 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: phoenixrage]
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: phoenixrage

i think this brand is my buddy from work friend's co. very slick piece! worth the money too i hear.

but thanks, i'll checkout both. maybe double as lapping day cam \:D

#8270007 - 06/29/15 02:46 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto,Ontario
^do they have a cheaper one without GPS? i'm looking for something small

#8270017 - 06/29/15 02:49 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: titty sprinkles]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

yea, I bought it because it was the smallest one and had the best sensitivity for motion detection (recording while parked). I picked two up and have one facing front and one in the back.

#8270027 - 06/29/15 02:51 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: phoenixrage]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

how are they hard wired in?

#8270049 - 06/29/15 02:57 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: titty sprinkles]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

he sells it with the kit, and its 3 wires. One for constant power, one power that only comes on when the car is on, and one ground. Then you plug the cig lighter end of the camera's adapter into it and away you go.

The hardest part is figuring out which fuses to tap into, and maybe running the wire honestly. I got fuse taps from princess auto so you don't have to cut any wires.

#8270054 - 06/29/15 02:59 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: phoenixrage]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

oh that's a good idea with the fuse tap.

#8270156 - 06/29/15 03:30 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: titty sprinkles]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
wow thats awesome. ive been heated and tempted to jump out the car but never have i realize its not worth it. but still that is awesome to see hahaha.

#8270165 - 06/29/15 03:35 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: titty sprinkles]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

With all the tech in many new cars, you would think an OEM camera would work some how. Titty's and my TLX have 2-3 cameras lol.
#8270175 - 06/29/15 03:43 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: The Postman]
titty sprinkles Offline
Post Master Supreme

^seriously. already has a hard drive too.

#8270180 - 06/29/15 03:46 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
wow thats awesome. ive been heated and tempted to jump out the car but never have i realize its not worth it. but still that is awesome to see hahaha.

Someone once told me that when he drives, he assumes every other driver has a gun on them. In other words, its definitely not worth it. You never know ...

#8270197 - 06/29/15 03:55 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

SOLUTION: BUY A GUN

#8270199 - 06/29/15 03:56 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: titty sprinkles]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: titty sprinkles
oh that's a good idea with the fuse tap.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16300

#8270502 - 06/29/15 07:06 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: phoenixrage]
zaius Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: Toronto
i'm running the G1W-C. cost me around $60?

i wire tapped it from my lighter to a USB dc-dc converter.

#8270981 - 06/30/15 08:54 AM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: zaius]
SuPeR-MaRiO Offline
Post Master Sr

Anyone have pics of their install? Curious as to how you dealt with the wire.
#8271098 - 06/30/15 09:58 AM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

it's super easy.

I bought it from there

http://www.blackboxed.ca/collections/hardwire-kits/products/usb-hardwiring-kit

and

http://www.blackboxed.ca/collections/hardwire-kits/products/add-a-fuse

I just removed the a pillar and fed the wires through the edge of the headliner.

my dashcam is plugged into my power window fuse.

#8271227 - 06/30/15 10:44 AM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: SuPeR-MaRiO]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

tucked wire into A pillar & headliner.

#8271745 - 06/30/15 02:23 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: zaius]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: zaius

I was reading online last night about the G1W vs. G1W-C. So do I have to plug in the G1W-C the entire time while I am driving?

#8271779 - 06/30/15 02:35 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: iamfob]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: zaius

I was reading online last night about the G1W vs. G1W-C. So do I have to plug in the G1W-C the entire time while I am driving?

I have the G1WH.

they're all the same and most dash cams have to be plugged in bc the battery life unplugged is a joke.

#8272010 - 06/30/15 04:28 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: c2k]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

The cigarette lighter plug is behind the armrest on the S, it would be a pain in the a$$ to have it plug while I am driving. Brrrrr

#8272093 - 06/30/15 05:26 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: iamfob]
hyper-s2k Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T dot O dot, Canada
The cigarette lighter plug is behind the armrest on the S, it would be a pain in the a$$ to have it plug while I am driving. Brrrrr

Unless you got orangutan arms - whatever you plug in won't impede your driving position (even if you drive like a stunna).

I charge my phone w/ that power outlet all the time.
'03 s2k - now @ 80,xxx km - a2a car
'08 535i - sold @ 149,421 km - cashed out just in time!
'08 impreza 2.5i - sold @ - 64,147 km - smh POS
'01 rav4 - killed @ 155,879 km - RIP old friend

"Driving in the snow is like sex. If you want to avoid accidents, abstinence is the best policy. If you're gonna take her for a spin, use protection." - Rick Mercer

#8272121 - 06/30/15 05:46 PM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: iamfob]
phoenixrage Offline
Post Master Supreme

there are hardwire kits. my hardwire kit is tucked by the fusebox under the dash.

the hardwire kit I got also has settings to not turn on the camera (while parked) if the battery voltage is below a certain point.

#8274707 - 07/02/15 10:20 AM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: phoenixrage]
Just A Troll Offline
Curved Street Thug Life
Post Master

I have something similar to this:

It's imported from China so not sure how you can get it locally. This isn't exactly my model but it's the closest looking picture I could find online.

Features:
- Front camera hangs under the mirror and rotates 360 degrees making it easier to point the camera to the car beside me to record "bad behaviour"
- Rear backup camera also records at the same time as front one. It takes over the screen when shifting into reverse. Had to tap a wire into the backup lights to make it work.
- Built-in LCD on left of mirror. Hard to see in daylight though.
- Android based so i loaded google maps, english keyboard, Waze, poweramp, pandora etc.
- Wifi , I tether it to my phone so Waze can access live data.
- FM transmitter so it can "talk" through the radio. I don't even use this feature. The built-in speaker is fine
- Built-in microphone so i can "narrate" the action on the video
- Micro-SD car slot
- Built-in GPS
- it powers on when I start the car. It'll auto power off when I shut the car off too but I can override if needed and run off the battery.

I only wish it had bluetooth as well.

#8274774 - 07/02/15 10:56 AM Re: Toronto Men’s Road Rage Brawl Caught On Dash Cam [Re: phoenixrage]
porschetr Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: WBridge
 Originally Posted By: phoenixrage

Did you have success hard wiring?
I have the same brand cam and the hardwiring didn't work.

It suppose to monitor the power consumption and shut off if it determines low voltage. But I didn't get any power from it, so hooked up with a cigarette jack.

oh, Is the brand INAVI? Mine is INAVI Black Clair. Now I look at the picture again, I don't see Inavi from your link.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads