Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#7902895 - 10/08/14 04:03 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealBenzo]
c2k Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Wiesloch-Walldorf, Germany
 Originally Posted By: TheRealBenzo

Hah, one of these days. You'll have to slap a *warning* on the thread though - this is CSI afterall.

Alright.

I threw a warning up. So share the goods.

#7902961 - 10/08/14 04:55 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealBenzo]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: GTA
Life is good, just now getting my hands around being in Corporate law, and feeling comfortable with the way the machine moves. There's a lot of differences from my previous career, most notably that everyone spends money like crazy, drinks too much, and tends to sleep with one-another on the regular.

On that note, my personal life is completely fucked, I think (note that I said "good" not "great" above). What started out as a rollercoaster of awesome has given way to a blur of women; none of which I particularly like, despite their appearances. I've "dated" 15 girls in the last 12 months alone. Most are lawyers, doctors, or waitresses at the pricey joints near our office (I know, I know… a walking cliché). Met a girl last week on a flight though, she's a flight attendant, so maybe this will be a different situation – I'm cautiously optimistic.

These days I look forward to simplicity – and so I'll take a bit of that boredom if you're selling, OP. Maybe I'll learn how to fly fish or something.

Yeah, I'll say I look forward to learning how to fly fish; that and a flight attendant might allow me to report back with "great".....at some point.

I have two cousins who are in corporate law. Sounds similar.

Keep up the good work man. Share some stories.

#7902966 - 10/08/14 04:59 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Risky Business]
loudsubz Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Risky Business

I can't wait to get out of the monkey suit and follow that simple life one day. I just need enough of a buffer to pull it off. \:\(

Meeeeee 2 (Minus the suit)

#7903599 - 10/09/14 07:31 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: OracerO]
Risky Business Offline
Provides a Great Work Environment. he/him
Post Master Supreme

Originally Posted By: OracerO
Life is good, just now getting my hands around being in Corporate law, and feeling comfortable with the way the machine moves. There's a lot of differences from my previous career, most notably that everyone spends money like crazy, drinks too much, and tends to sleep with one-another on the regular.

On that note, my personal life is completely fucked, I think (note that I said "good" not "great" above). What started out as a rollercoaster of awesome has given way to a blur of women; none of which I particularly like, despite their appearances. I've "dated" 15 girls in the last 12 months alone. Most are lawyers, doctors, or waitresses at the pricey joints near our office (I know, I know… a walking cliché). Met a girl last week on a flight though, she's a flight attendant, so maybe this will be a different situation – I'm cautiously optimistic.

These days I look forward to simplicity – and so I'll take a bit of that boredom if you're selling, OP. Maybe I'll learn how to fly fish or something.

Yeah, I'll say I look forward to learning how to fly fish; that and a flight attendant might allow me to report back with "great".....at some point.

I have two cousins who are in corporate law. Sounds similar.

Keep up the good work man. Share some stories.

That's odd because my wife's friend who went to Harvard for law and is working at a top firm in the states has no life. No helicopters or women, his life is work, saturdays and sundays included. It's pretty similar for two buddies here who work at Bay/King, just less hours and cases that aren't as high profile.

It obviously depends on firm and individual, but all this crap isn't all that it's cracked out to be, this goes for other shit like corp finance, investment banking, buy/sell side equity research, traders, PMs, blah blah blah. People buy into the propaganda from the media, ad campaigns, etc.

#7904020 - 10/09/14 10:32 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Risky Business]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

I have a buddy who just left Goldman Sachs HK. Some crazy ass stories as well, it's like political on a next level.

From what my lawyer buddies tell me. There are many good lawyers out there, but not all of them are good salesmen.

It's the salesmen that really make it.

Edited by OracerO (10/09/14 10:34 AM)

#8214483 - 05/18/15 03:29 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: LNXGUY]
TheRealBenzo Offline
Jr Member

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In Toronto for the weekend, love this city. Thought I would circle back with some car-related stuff from the last while. Not sure if this will work, but below should be one of the photos from a colleague’s airplane hangar. As an aside, any suggestions on what to do for Tuesday? Went to some place called Bar Raval (sp?) and it was good grub but this guy can’t stand and eat for that long before wanting to hit a pub.

Anyway, much appreciate the local reccos. Hopefully the photo works and I'll post a few more. Cheers.

http://i.imgur.com/CIu0BnH.jpg?1

Edited by TheRealBenzo (05/18/15 03:35 AM)

#8214484 - 05/18/15 03:36 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealBenzo]
TheRealBenzo Offline
Jr Member

Bah, fucked it up. Ah well, that's why we have IT guys. Little help?

#8214951 - 05/18/15 01:44 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealBenzo]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
how was bar ravel? was it a bitch to get it....

i'm currently suffering from stomach cramps which i'm guessing is from the street meat i had on saturday night.

#8214972 - 05/18/15 01:58 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Canadistan
Oh you got your intestines worked eh

#8215299 - 05/18/15 06:00 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
 Originally Posted By: c_snapper
i'm currently suffering from stomach cramps which i'm guessing is from the street meat i had on saturday night.

It's called Detox

#8215315 - 05/18/15 06:15 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealBenzo]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh
In Toronto for the weekend, love this city. Thought I would circle back with some car-related stuff from the last while. Not sure if this will work, but below should be one of the photos from a colleague’s airplane hangar. As an aside, any suggestions on what to do for Tuesday? Went to some place called Bar Raval (sp?) and it was good grub but this guy can’t stand and eat for that long before wanting to hit a pub.

Anyway, much appreciate the local reccos. Hopefully the photo works and I'll post a few more. Cheers.

http://i.imgur.com/CIu0BnH.jpg?1

Oh hey you found where I parked, thanks bro

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8215323 - 05/18/15 06:24 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
if you wanna see hipster chicks (i dont mind them) and want cheap food and a pub atmosphere check out Queen St Warehouse or El Furniture Warehouse on Bloor.

good place to grime it out.

#8215425 - 05/18/15 07:40 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

Csi meat ?

#8215595 - 05/18/15 10:30 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
TheRealBenzo Offline
Jr Member

I met a local girl-friend there, so maybe there was more to the reservation than I saw, but I just walked in and saddled up to the bar. I have to say, the service was great - really great. The woman behind the bar (black hair, tatt'd up) just started bringing out stuff and everything was pretty decent. Not cheap by any means (I think in an hour we went through a couple hundred with drinks), but overall a nice way to kickoff the night.

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

Hah, no problem, Sir. I did not see any 'Tegs in the hangar but there was an all original 92 NSX-R that has been stored since new. Among the other super/hyper cars it stood out to me for purely nostalgic reasons. That steering wheel tho.......

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman
if you wanna see hipster chicks (i dont mind them) and want cheap food and a pub atmosphere check out Queen St Warehouse or El Furniture Warehouse on Bloor.

Thanks, will check it out. Absolutely nothing wrong with hipster chicks, though I do know an ibanker that got burned on picking up a couple "hipster" dimes last time we ventured out. Turns out the line between hipster and homeless-eastern-bloc-ladies isn't the easiest call at 3am.

#8215603 - 05/18/15 10:35 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealBenzo]
Hatorade Offline
pheggit
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, ON
Did you say a stored since new '92 NSX??? Holy unicorn!!!

'07 997.1 GT3
'08 E90 M3
'11 E90 d
'02 Rota Grid - 195-55-16FR (RIP)
'04 Volk GTC - 245-35-19F/275-35-19R (Sold to a farm boi)
I thought Spark was a robot from the old movie and I kind of remember seeing him telling some engineer showing the equation for a clear metal that the guy would event years later - porschetr

#8215678 - 05/19/15 12:12 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealBenzo]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

I met a local girl-friend there, so maybe there was more to the reservation than I saw, but I just walked in and saddled up to the bar. I have to say, the service was great - really great. The woman behind the bar (black hair, tatt'd up) just started bringing out stuff and everything was pretty decent. Not cheap by any means (I think in an hour we went through a couple hundred with drinks), but overall a nice way to kickoff the night.

Originally Posted By: Screamin DC2R

Hah, no problem, Sir. I did not see any 'Tegs in the hangar but there was an all original 92 NSX-R that has been stored since new. Among the other super/hyper cars it stood out to me for purely nostalgic reasons. That steering wheel tho.......

Originally Posted By: Simon_the_Pieman

Thanks, will check it out. Absolutely nothing wrong with hipster chicks, though I do know an ibanker that got burned on picking up a couple "hipster" dimes last time we ventured out. Turns out the line between hipster and homeless-eastern-bloc-ladies isn't the easiest call at 3am.

Dude, you need to post more of your stories here, i love reading them + we can vicariously live through you \:D . How long are you in the city for? We've got a good group here, maybe we can have a csi meat?

#8215730 - 05/19/15 01:41 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Risky Business]
TheRealBenzo Offline
Jr Member

Originally Posted By: Hatorade
Did you say a stored since new '92 NSX??? Holy unicorn!!!

Yep, was a trip down memory lane for sure. If only because of the "R!". What a difference that letter made back in the day. There was a retrofitted BadBoys Porsche 911 that was pretty dope also.

Originally Posted By: Risky Business

Dude, you need to post more of your stories here, i love reading them + we can vicariously live through you \:D . How long are you in the city for? We've got a good group here, maybe we can have a csi meat?

Hah, will do. Still seeing Flight Attendant BTW. So far it's been alright. I am in Toronto for meetings till tomorrow then back to Calgary then NYC for a bit. This is one of the rare times when I'm in town for a few days with downtime so of course CSI surfing is in order! Will holler when I am back again for sure if you want to organize a meet up with the fellas. Last time we did King West and then just bombed around.

Now....ahem...Still waiting on how to fucking embed photos, hah! (Will put up the NSX-R for posterity sake)

#8221738 - 05/23/15 09:36 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealBenzo]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Haven't been on CSI for the past 6 months.

Life's been crazy.

Was deciding to move away and take an opportunity, or take an opp in Toronto. Before the decision, got called for One opp at a consulting firm in Toronto, One opportunity at Rogers corporate, and the last opp at a small start up.

The first two job opps were 70k+, probably soul sucking jobs. I would be the bottom of the barrel fighting against and working with sharks who are mostly more talented than I.

Yet, i still gunned for it. Went through a few interview stages with both companies. Was stressed because i seriously was not ready for corporate America again.

I prayed and meditated madly.

I then started contacting everyone in my life, just reconnected and reaching out because i really did not want to work at both those companies and have no life.

Met an old friend who i had helped out 4 years ago. He is now some manager at that small company and was starting a team of some sort. Convinced me i should work there, but the pay was minimum wage-ish HAHHA, he crazy......But i took it. HE didn't explain, he couldn't tell me the reason, but i trusted my instinct and took it.

The first month, November, was tough, in a team of 2 trying to prove shit. A month later a deal was finalized and this start up got bought out by a fortune 250 company in the States. Crazy shit.

Fast forward 5 months later. I'm Manager, managing a team of 23 while still scaling this team to 60 in the next 3 months. My salary has more than doubled, putting me more than the two other jobs, more importantly i look forward going to work.

I've learned a lot these past few months about life and work/career.

Here's the life:

1) Opportunities don't come wrapped in a Ferrari. It was a dirty pebble which i turned into a diamond, with hard work. Most of the time these opportunities approach you daily, the issue is getting over your ego and recognizing them.
2) If you want something in life, you need to create it. I helped start this team, built it, i helped change the way it was structured. Our mandate sucked. There was no way anyone would be happy working in a team of what i was doing and proving.
3) When you have momentum, the world seems to bend around you. Keep adding to this momentum, success is a continual process, gotta feed that fire or it will burn out quicker than you believe.
4) Also, help others. Help anyone, give your 100% to anyone you help. You never know when they might pop up in your life and give you a helping hand.

As well, within the 6 months, I've became a realtor, started another web-store, and now working on a huge project (outside of work, for the fitness industry).

Started from the bottom, in life, this year.

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers. Who's down for a clubsi meet, i've met afew of you. Who have become some really good friends for the past 10 years.

#8221751 - 05/23/15 09:52 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: OracerO]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there
TLDR, are you in the 200k club or not?
All the ballers on CSI (Risky, Jeff, Roger, xzk8, yesir) are there. Did you get your key to the private washroom?

peasant status here, still working hard at hardly working

#8221770 - 05/23/15 10:06 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: OracerO]
Screamin Type ARGH! Offline
High Value Poster
Post Master Supreme

Loc: T.O. - Canaduh

Life's been crazy.

Was deciding to move away and take an opportunity, or take an opp in Toronto. Before the decision, got called for One opp at a consulting firm in Toronto, One opportunity at Rogers corporate, and the last opp at a small start up.

The first two job opps were 70k+, probably soul sucking jobs. I would be the bottom of the barrel fighting against and working with sharks who are mostly more talented than I.

Yet, i still gunned for it. Went through a few interview stages with both companies. Was stressed because i seriously was not ready for corporate America again.

I then started contacting everyone in my life, just reconnected and reaching out because i really did not want to work at both those companies and have no life.

Met an old friend who i had helped out 4 years ago. He is now some manager at that small company and was starting a team of some sort. Convinced me i should work there, but the pay was minimum wage-ish HAHHA, he crazy......But i took it. HE didn't explain, he couldn't tell me the reason, but i trusted my instinct and took it.

The first month, November, was tough, in a team of 2 trying to prove shit. A month later a deal was finalized and this start up got bought out by a fortune 250 company in the States. Crazy shit.

Fast forward 5 months later. I'm Manager, managing a team of 23 while still scaling this team to 60 in the next 3 months. My salary has more than doubled, putting me more than the two other jobs, more importantly i look forward going to work.

Here's the life:

1) Opportunities don't come wrapped in a Ferrari. It was a dirty pebble which i turned into a diamond, with hard work. Most of the time these opportunities approach you daily, the issue is getting over your ego and recognizing them.
2) If you want something in life, you need to create it. I helped start this team, built it, i helped change the way it was structured. Our mandate sucked. There was no way anyone would be happy working in a team of what i was doing and proving.
3) When you have momentum, the world seems to bend around you. Keep adding to this momentum, success is a continual process, gotta feed that fire or it will burn out quicker than you believe.
4) Also, help others. Help anyone, give your 100% to anyone you help. You never know when they might pop up in your life and give you a helping hand.

As well, within the 6 months, I've became a realtor, started another web-store, and now working on a huge project (outside of work, for the fitness industry).

Sorry for the long post.

Cheers. Who's down for a clubsi meet, i've met afew of you. Who have become some really good friends for the past 10 years.

nice man

"Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars"

#8221775 - 05/23/15 10:14 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Screamin Type ARGH!]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

In 2 months the company was bought ? Wtf scorcery is this ?

Good post otherwise.

#8221858 - 05/23/15 12:04 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: OracerO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

Life's been crazy.

Here's the life:

Sorry for the long post.

Nice write up man, the ontario forum is having a get together in two weeks, pm me if you want to come out.

One day I should do a write up on wtf I've been up to, one thing I will say is that "luck" as in being at the right place and right time really helps in being successful. It's the one factor that's out of your control, but there is a lot you can do to stimulate said "luck". Doesnt always work, but when it does...gnsp

The part that resonates the most with me is helping those around you. I've been helped by many people when I reached out and needed it most, I try to do the same now where I can. It's good to see people around you grow. \:\)

#8222178 - 05/23/15 11:31 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Risky Business]
iamfob Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Out There
Good stuff OracerO, story like yours really motivate me.
I gotta look into the "start up" gig. It sucks working at a soul sucking job (speaking with experiences)

PS: I need help badly

#8222423 - 05/24/15 04:10 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Euphoricuck]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Originally Posted By: Euphoric
In 2 months the company was bought ? Wtf scorcery is this ?

Good post otherwise.

Was kept under hush hush, and my buddy couldn't tell me or hint anything to me before is started working there.

I dont know anymore, about "luck." i always believe in luck as, hard work brings luck. But things that i witness, some people are just lucky.

I do believe in positioning, i want to make my life better, so i will work hard to put myself in a better position. Or i don't want to have the opportunity to cheat on my GF, so i won't put myself in a position for that. ..i dontk now...you can always better position yourself in life, this is a controllable variable.

What i can say is that when you are on a mission and you keep feeding success, the world really does seem to bend for you. Just have to keep the momentum up.

I started from the bottom, i sucked it up and just plain worked hard and out worked the other employees without stepping on anyone.

i second guess myself in this company everynight for the first 2 months. Also i have to subway downtown, which the TTC puts a damper on my mood (everyday).

Edited by OracerO (05/24/15 04:13 PM)

#8222455 - 05/24/15 05:57 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: OracerO]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

What i can say is that when you are on a mission and you keep feeding success, the world really does seem to bend for you.

Interesting

#8222476 - 05/24/15 06:57 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Risky Business]
TheRealCSnapper Moderator Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Ona is missing \:o
#8222525 - 05/24/15 08:18 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
Choco 'Nuck Offline
Proud Member of BLM
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Somewhere out there

#8222533 - 05/24/15 08:22 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Choco 'Nuck]
Risky Business Offline
Post Master Supreme

#8222579 - 05/24/15 09:11 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Risky Business]
Lafora Offline
Post Master Sr

life's good

started a new business back in nov; things are getting rolling slowly, but steadily. Not a totally new industry for me, and i think my model helps keep the risk somewhat lower than others. B-C service based business. Told a relative about it as I was considering starting it and he hooked me up with two guys who were trained in Europe to help on a per-piece basis. I don't think this could've took off w/o these guys, as just offering MTM was never really my intention. Now the next step is to determine whether I should scale the MTM back and focus more on the bespoke service, or keep it as it is. With bespoke involves more work, ironically it's also less risky and it's local time zone. Talking to Thailand until 4am is a PITA with the MTM; and the risk is higher. Decisions, decisions.

That's one front.

The other front was interesting because I was really hoping I wouldn't get sucked back in. Before the business started I was still involved in racing. Former team boss and I had a miscommunication issue in Sept and we basically put that working relationship to a halt after 6 seasons. Got an email from him in Feb asking me to go back to help him. I initially turned him down, because my focus was on my business (and frankly, I was somewhat sick of the team). In march a driver I worked with last year calls me and told me he bought a race car, is in talks with a group to run his car and whether I'd be interested in working with him. Checked the series he runs in, checked the schedule (only 5 race weekends) and thought fuck it I can afford to pull a weekend a month to go do this (as opposed to 9).

Working out fairly well so far. I just focus on him instead of 4 cars, and even as an older guy he does a fairly good job at listening. Still got some rough edges to round out, but that'll come with time. The group gels well despite me being an outsider so that's a huge relief.

#8222649 - 05/24/15 10:29 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Lafora]
The Postman Offline
A-List Member also The Man
Post Master Sr

9-5 pushing paper in some cubicle. No thanks.
#8223022 - 05/25/15 12:12 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: The Postman]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

Also,

Another important aspect, if you aint doing well in life, don't hold that in. Let your closer friends know, everyone is willing to help.

#8223025 - 05/25/15 12:14 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: TheRealCSnapper]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

lol

Lafora:
Sounds good man. keep up the busy.

#8223163 - 05/25/15 03:34 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: OracerO]
Simon_the_Pieman Offline
Post Master Sr

Loc: The A
fuck luck.
real talk. thats my shit right there.
work your ass off and take what comes. good and bad.
at the end of the day if you work hard and do right by you and those around you, there will be nothing but success.

risky - its right place at right time. you made your moves everyday to get to that outcome where you had the opportunity to take it further. no luck in that. no such thing as coincidence. it was all you working for it.

#8223189 - 05/25/15 04:24 PM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Simon_the_Pieman]
Euphoricuck Offline
Post Master Supreme

You don't want to leave things to luck. But it is a factor(among many ).

#8226490 - 05/28/15 10:23 AM Re: How's life these days? [Re: Euphoricuck]
OracerO Offline
Post Master Sr

I feel like this "luck" thing is all in your head. It's all attitude, how you feel, how you view the world ...positivity..etc.

i started doing a morning routine when i started working again. early in the mornings i started doing a quick 15min (5 set) work out, daily. I would do it in the morning after my glass of water. Doing it fasted. It's like a shock to the body, a feel good, makes me feel like i accomplished a chore that 80% of the people in this world won't do.

I don't eat breakfast, and just down a black coffee 30mins after the light work out. I'm ramped, full of positivity, confident - cause i feel like a sexy bitch, and hyper.

If i don't work out, i feel like i'm slow and sluggish throughout the day and things just don't go my way.

So it could be all in my head.

Edited by OracerO (05/28/15 10:26 AM)

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  c2k, LNXGUY, TheRealCSnapper, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads