Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#8188548 - 04/27/15 05:32 PM You can't really increase your V02 max? What the shit?
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Nor Cal, Hella hurr durr
http://velonews.competitor.com/2005/06/coaches-panel/the-bike-doc-the-ins-and-outs-of-vo2max_8167

Quote:

What does it all mean?
Well, it depends on who you are and how much your have already been training when you take your VO2max test. Research has determined that approximately 80 percent of an individual’s VO2max is genetically determined. Depending on your current training level, VO2max may be enhanced through progressive endurance training. Untrained individuals have the potential to increase their VO2max by 15-20 percent, but well-trained athletes are unlikely to realize an increase in VO2max of greater than 3-5 percent. So, if you’ve been training well for the past year and your VO2max is in the 50’s, don’t hold your breath to be the next Lance. The good news is that your lactate threshold is highly trainable, and elevating your LT will put the hurt on your friends or fellow racers. Since many elite athletes share comparable VO2max values, lactate threshold is often a better measure of fitness and endurance performance. And that is a perfect segue into our discussion next week….
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2005/06/c...DVPTu2IiAgZr.99

#8188559 - 04/27/15 05:39 PM Re: You can't really increase your V02 max? What the shit? [Re: stickaz_old]
dirtyS13drifta
Unregistered

CN: if you're already a "well-trained athlete" you might be near your limits (3-5% is a lot actually) of one measure of performance improvement.

I guess we can all worry about that when that time comes.

#8188570 - 04/27/15 05:47 PM Re: You can't really increase your V02 max? What the shit? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I think this is why I was only ever able to compete in sprints

#8188593 - 04/27/15 06:18 PM Re: You can't really increase your V02 max? What the shit? [Re: ]
Ampsman in Extremis Offline
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Jose, Ca, USA
Heres another stat.
98% of people who use the term VO2 max have no idea what it means.

Paki: 3:36

#8188594 - 04/27/15 06:19 PM Re: You can't really increase your V02 max? What the shit? [Re: Ampsman in Extremis]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

are you saying their google is weak?

#8188614 - 04/27/15 06:43 PM Re: You can't really increase your V02 max? What the shit? [Re: ]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

I would like to request an official "time-out" from Beefy's incessant pestering(s) \:D

#8188772 - 04/27/15 08:16 PM Re: You can't really increase your V02 max? What the shit? [Re: stickaz_old]
Sir Ironpool Offline
Sponsored by Toyota
Post Master Supreme

Loc: Long Beach, CA
I maxed out my vo2, so I've moved on to vo3.

#8188799 - 04/27/15 08:27 PM Re: You can't really increase your V02 max? What the shit? [Re: Sir Ironpool]
stickaz_old Offline
Post Master Supreme

#8188959 - 04/27/15 10:18 PM Re: You can't really increase your V02 max? What the shit? [Re: Sir Ironpool]
Ampsman in Extremis Offline
I PITY THE FOOL!
Post Master Supreme

Loc: San Jose, Ca, USA
 Originally Posted By: Mrs. Ironmom
I maxed out my vo2, so I've moved on to vo3.

Paki: 3:36

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Silock, Professor Paki 
Hop to:
Shout Box

CSi Sponsors

DiGBiC Lighters
DiGBiC Lighters
DallasColo
Dallas Colocation
ClubSi.com Shirts
ClubSi-Shirts
GameStop
Black-Friday Specials
Big Brake Kits
StopTech.Sale BBK Clearance
Brake Kits
Buy Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
EBC Brake Kits
BuyBrakes
Brake Kits-Pads & Rotors Sets
StopTech Brake Kits
StopTech
StopTech NZ
StopTech
StopTech Australia
StopTech
Hawk Brake Pads
Hawk Brake Pads
Samys Camera
GoPros, Cameras, Gear
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Specials Near Me
Brake Pad Coupons
Coupon Code "hondafetish"
Porsche Brakes
Porsche Brake Upgrades
2-Piece Rotors-Civic Type-R
2-Piece Civic Rotors
Advertisement

| Brake Pads | | How To Change Brake Pads | | Drilled Slotted Brake Kits Cheap | EBC Brake Kits | Performance Brake Kits | Brake Specials Near Me | How To Replace Brake Pads